( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)lıllılıllılılıllı({Official ARMS Thread})ıllılılıllılıllıl( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I mean thats my point. I see people complaining about the cheats at Level 4. Aint nothing but a cakewalk.
Hey man you gotta give people time to get on your level. Last night personally while I have had glimpses of fun with the game, I really didn't like it till last night tho. Once we get to that FriedShoes level tho expect some complaining even if they can be double perfected at some point. I don't know that I could beat a hedlock level 4 by myself right now I haven't tried it yet.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
If you cant double perfect Helix (at Rank 4), please leave my thread.
Hedlok.
I mean thats my point. I see people complaining about the cheats at Level 4. Aint nothing but a cakewalk.
Dude, I suck at fighting games. I'm open about sucking at fighting games. Of course you're better than me at fighting games (and probably all games in general, if I'm honest). I would be shocked if you weren't. It's still bullshit that the final-boss CPU can basically block/counter on a dime. I dunno if "cheat" is accurate; it's designed to be a bullshit boss, just like Mr. Dream or Dracula or the Spider Guardian. That's the whole point of such bosses.

Last edited:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Got into a lobby with @mattavelle1 tonight. Managed to get a single one-on-one fight. Lost. But it was a close fight. He definitely has some moves.

Btw, 4 Kid Cobras in a lobby of 8? Bit much if you ask me.
Can confirm that Sir Bob does not suck. I was scared that whole match.

The game is really starting to click for me tho, I've felt good ever since I've been putting real time into it.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Newest pet peeve with Arms. In 1v1v1, and I'm battling one person and the third person is hanging back now doing anything. Then when it's time for me to take them on, they run away till time is out. I have no respect for chicken shits

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Newest pet peeve with Arms. In 1v1v1, and I'm battling one person and the third person is hanging back now doing anything. Then when it's time for me to take them on, they run away till time is out. I have no respect for chicken shits
Tell you what burns me in this mode.

If you and the other guy don't turn on the guys hanging back. I'm mad at both of the other 2 guys

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
Managed to get back into the game tonight for around an hour. It's amazing how good this game really is. I love experimenting with the arm varieties. @sjmartin79 has a pretty awesome combination for Ninjara involving a revolver and chakram that really threw me for a loop the other day. I have been a bit more aggressive using double poppers (fire and wind) and have found a bit of success with that using Ninjara.

My next character to figure out will probably be Master Mummy. I need to make that dude playable. He's just too cool. I'm getting better with him but you really gotta be good at countering with him.

sjmartin79

Managed to get back into the game tonight for around an hour. It's amazing how good this game really is. I love experimenting with the arm varieties. @sjmartin79 has a pretty awesome combination for Ninjara involving a revolver and chakram that really threw me for a loop the other day. I have been a bit more aggressive using double poppers (fire and wind) and have found a bit of success with that using Ninjara.

My next character to figure out will probably be Master Mummy. I need to make that dude playable. He's just too cool. I'm getting better with him but you really gotta be good at countering with him.
I've seen more of the double popper combos recently, and they can be quite effective.

Master Mummy can either be awesome or awful, depending on the user. I went up against a Master Mummy last night that didn't know what he was doing, and I KO'd him in almost record time. Then with my luck, I got paired up with him against @mattavelle1 in a 2v2 match. I think that's what they call Karma.

BobSilencieux

Motion controls in this game are horrible. I stopped using them after a day, once I realised you could curve your punches just fine without them. Having your character's movement tied to your ability (or lack thereof) to hold your hands in an inhumanly still straight-upright position is just awful.

EvilTw1n

Man, I got roasted in 2 v 2 last night with drops. Internet connections don't understand:

Motion controls in this game are horrible. I stopped using them after a day, once I realised you could curve your punches just fine without them. Having your character's movement tied to your ability (or lack thereof) to hold your hands in an inhumanly still straight-upright position is just awful.
To me, the only thing motion controls have going for them is it's easy to block. I hate pressing the analog stick to block. Otherwise? They're functional, I suppose, but I'm more comfortable with the grip controller.

Man, I got roasted in 2 v 2 last night with drops. Internet connections don't understand:

To me, the only thing motion controls have going for them is it's easy to block. I hate pressing the analog stick to block. Otherwise? They're functional, I suppose, but I'm more comfortable with the grip controller.
Yeah my bad on the disconnects. Nothing to do with connection, just battery life.

I'm team sticks. Nintendo could easily fix the one qualm i have with it, the guarding, but I dont think they will just to have parity across control schemes.
There's a tournament at Nintendo NY this weekend that I would love to join but its Motion Only. Nintendo doesnt get it.

sjmartin79

Was playing Arms last night, and there was a guy who seemed to be winning every one on one match, then doing the head bounce thing in the lobby constantly till the next match started. (That annoys me.) I went up against him in a 1v1v1 match, got the other person to team up against him, and we completely wrecked him. Saw in the lobby that it happened a few more times when he was in those type of matches. He left the lobby after being teamed up against 3 times.

Somehow he came back to the same lobby again later. And immediately he went up against me again in another 1v1v1 match, and it happened again. He left after that one fight.
Yes, not my most mature moments, but it also felt really good. Lol

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
The headbob is a very complex tool communication. I spam the headbob to say, "I'm sad about the outcome of this match," but I also spam it faster to say "lol u sad u got rekt scrub?"

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
Being able to set Block to a different button is going to be huge. I had gotten used to pressing the analog stick for it, but sometimes it just isn't responsive enough.
I loathe pushing analog sticks in.. it is like nails on a chalkboard to me I always wish they would replace the button with something else.. like maybe pressure grips... ANYTHING but those damn stick buttons... as such I tend to avoid using them, but when they are as necessary as in arms it just kills the game for me

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Being able to set Block to a different button is going to be huge. I had gotten used to pressing the analog stick for it, but sometimes it just isn't responsive enough.
Yep I'm used to it, but still not crazy about it. Thinkin about it this morning I really don't know where I would remap it to tho. I use every button on the pro controller.

EvilTw1n

Played tonight with @Juegos and @EvilTw1n and man I love this game! It's freakin awesome! So much to say but it's time for bed. :msleep:

Well I'll say this ET and I on an epic 1v1 volleyball match!:msrs:

Jueg freakin perfected me:mfacepalm:
After so many hours of Splatoon, I had forgotten how fun ARMS can be. It was kind of surprising, because I thought a few weeks away from the game would spell doom to come back to it...but it's far more pick-up-and-play friendly than I thought.
Of course, after I got used to blocking with the stick. :mfacepalm:

It's gonna get more competitive. I look forward to trying it out.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Yep I'm used to it, but still not crazy about it. Thinkin about it this morning I really don't know where I would remap it to tho. I use every button on the pro controller.
I'm going to go with L, because I'm really used to pressing R for the Rush.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'm going to go with L, because I'm really used to pressing R for the Rush.
L is the only one I can think of that would makes sense also. I use both sets of punch buttons, R for rush, and obviously the X, Y jump dash.

The L button will be the only thing I change to a block.

simplyTravis

I know I'm late to the game on this whole new update thing, but it's glorious! As the official motion control fighter on TNE I would say that this update has upped my maneuverability significantly. I feel like this is how it should be played. I ramped up the movement controls by 3 notches and left the punches alone. It just clicked into place and feels right. I don't even feel the need to adjust.

I also though this would give controller players the upper hand by making the block faster to get to but I'm finding it is actually making regular players far more reliant on the block. This bodes well for me as a Ninjara main because now I can actually run circles around other characters as he was intended to do. I can also get a quick throw off when I have someone who is too complacent now.

I also added "change target" to my sl and sr buttons on the joycons so I don't have to shift my hands all weird to hit the face buttons. That made multi-target matches a lot easier.

I played as the clown girl for a bit and thought she was an interesting character but I honestly can't play as her. I don't care for dem clowns...

simplyTravis

ARMS Changelog: Version 3.2

• Added new “Badge” feature. Receive neat badges as a reward for fulfilling certain conditions. Wear your favorite badge and show it off to your opponent.

• Added new “Recent Replays” feature. Select from a list and view replays of past matches. Replay data is automatically deleted when necessary, starting with the oldest data. Also, future ARMS updates will cause all replay data from past versions to be deleted.

• During replay playback, ZR will no longer switch between targets. The X button instead is used for all camera angle switching.

• During replay playback, + - buttons no longer toggle HP gauge display, and instead now bring up the menu.

• Fixed issue where, at certain timings, follow up attacks after wind attacks would not land.

• Fixed issue where, after suffering an ice attack, players on a snake board could repeatedly jump and the snake board would continuously accelerate.

• Fixed issue where, when battle rules are set to 1-punch KO, under certain conditions fighters would become unable to move.

• We’ve identified an interloper who has been disrupting the Grand Prix, going after our fiercest competitors. If encountered, we advise you to dispatch them with prejudice.
    Go through Grand Prix without losing and you will fight this character before Max Brass
Adjusted the abilities of certain fighters and ARMS as follows.

Fighters / Arms Adjustments

• Lola Pop: It’s already been one month since she joined ARMS. Her beginner’s nerves have faded away, giving her increased movement speed during air dashes. Increased movement speed during high jump. Increased movement speed when bounding. Adjusted speed when descending.

• Byte & Barq: Decreased time interval between Byte and Barq’s respective attacks.

• Max Brass: Decreased expansion rate of attacks when buffed up. Increased distance from which he can approach targets.

• Megawatt: Increased expansion rate when extending. Increased extension speed. Increased expansion rate of charge attacks.

• Slamamander: Increased extension speed.

• Biffler: Increased retraction speed. Increased floatiness of jump attacks.

• Boomerang+Coolerang: Increased expansion rate of charge attacks.

• Revolver: Increased retraction speed.

• Retorcher: Increased retraction speed. Adjusted path followed when extending.

• Nade: Fixed online play issue where explosive damage would trigger twice.

• Whammer+Kablammer: Increased speed of charge attacks.

• Blorb: Increased expansion rate when extending. Increased time needed to finish expanding.

• Chilla: Decreased homing ability.

• Tribolt: Decreased speed of charge attacks. Increased time needed to finish expanding. Fixed multiple online play issues.

• Triblast+Guardian+Clapback: Fixed multiple online play issues.