( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)lıllılıllılılıllı({Official ARMS Thread})ıllılılıllılıllıl( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

I was going to create a thread but I decided to just post here.

I seriously think ARMS needs a "reboot" by adding more alternative game modes.

I played arms but what kept me from buying ARMS was that the lack of variety in game modes. Yes i know its a fighting game and Nintendo pushes it as a fighting game but it just doesn't feel like a fighting game in terms of controls. Dont get me wrong the controls are fun and the animation and characters are perfect, but, It seems like Nintendo forced ARMS to be a fighting game instead of a game with fighting tactics.

And with the Volleyball and basketball mini games, It seems that the developers realized this sometime in development. That the fighting controls for Arms can be used as a basic combat tactic for another OBJECTIVE or TEAM based game modes. I was expecting the developers to even continue making more mini games with new ideas as free DLC but we received nothing. Dont get me wrong, I dont want another mini-game, like ARMS golf, I expected ARMS to take on a new objective style mode.

Like A Team verses mode similar to Overwatch or Team Fortress were you have to advance an objective to the enemies turf to win. Arms has Tank characters, damage dealers, etc, more characters can be added and ARMS can add there own twist to the game mode with its fighting mechanics. Even a capture the flag mode, Dodgeball or something. Yes I know new maps will have to be created but I just think ARMS has more potential if re branded to something other than just a fighting game.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
So, guys, how's ARMS replayability?

Are u still into it? Turned into meh or not? Would a sequel be good thing?
I’m about 120ish hours. I think right now the game is at its tip top shape and is a great game. A sequel would not only be a good thing, but should be a guaranteed being as it’s an over million copy seller.

As far as replay it’s limitless being online and getting into matches really quick. I almost play this one almost everyday especially with my kids they love it also.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
So, guys, how's ARMS replayability?
Really good.
Are u still into it?
Very much so. I might like ARMS right now more than Splatoon 2.
Turned into meh or not?
It has turned into a better game with each patch. They've gotten a good balance in party mode now.
Would a sequel be good thing?
Not yet. They've added characters and arms and stages and badges to this. There's no reason for an ARMS 2 to show up in the next few years. But after that, sure, why not?

Odo

And even more than that it’s a really good fighter.
So Nintendo was able to add one great game in the shooter genre (splatoon) and now a fighter one.

I'd love to see then trying to bring back Excite racing now, so Nintendo could have a rally game in the racing genre. They could try to add their own thing to the genre.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
So Nintendo was able to add one great game in the shooter genre (splatoon) and now a fighter one.

I'd love to see then trying to bring back Excite racing now, so Nintendo could have a rally game in the racing genre. They could try to add their own thing to the genre.
Personally I would love an excite truck or bots racing game. They were by far my fav racers of the Wii gen.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!

Upon thinking about it more Odo Excite Truck makes to much sense for the Switch and there line of Arcady / fun but deep for competition. And really Excite Truck built by the still owned Monster games it makes me drool. The bots, while a better game are kinda an image they would want to shead. Especially when you can consider how awesome it would look tearing up field in a big ass redneck truck doing things like this! *get me a video Pappe*

Now tell me you don’t wanna do this online with me! @everyone @simplyTravis @EvilTw1n @Goodtwin @Juegos @CitizenOfVerona @FriedShoes this game is the DooM of racing games. The crazier the better the more dangerous........the more likely you are to come in first. High risk high reward.

I played Excite Bots online so much I had 1 million stars I had earned. It is some of the most dangerous techinical driving I’ve ever done while pulling off the most outlandish things trying to earn those starts. Excite truck makes to much sense for the switch and would be awesome 8 player online action. If I remember correctly it was 6 player online in bots on Wii.

For my sake Odo you hit the nail on the read and it would fill in that rally truck crazy *hey hold My beer and watch this* type of game. Could actually sell pretty well.

Last edited:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Now I know this is the ARMS thread brought to you by @FriedShoes so let’s me address a topic at hand.

In a recent party crash it was Master Mummy vs. Twintelle. Having no luck with the mummy and having never tried Twintelle I choose the latter. I fell in Love hard and fast because she is so unique.

Not only did I feel like she had all the strengths that my own main Kid Cobra did on the ground. But she could slow down time, and she has another 4 way movement w/ charged arms while floating in the air waiting to make the perfect strike. She’s really really a diverse and scary character who I consider like top shelf for sure. When I had a rough match is switched to Kid Cobra and he felt almost useless so I switched right back the next match.

There at the beginning I felt like she could do no wrong, and that in every fight I had a good chance to win. Then about halfway thru the realtionship I don’t know. Even tho she has everything I’m just not feeling here.

Not only that but she is very mechanical to get into. I almost feel like you had to float if you jump. Others have really caught on to here pattern, and while that’s a great strength I feel people keep her pretty grounded.

Soooooo this morning I had to get outta this relationship because it was kinda goin nowhere fast. Called my boy Kid Cobra up and had a great bout of matches this morning. Now I still stand by Twintelle is a stronger and more diverse fighter than Kid Cobra. But it just makes me have to work harder with my boy and really she taught me something’s that I brought over to him but they just animate differently on screen. I’m glad to back with the Kid and I look forward to trying other characters but for now he is for sure my main.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Now I know this is the ARMS thread brought to you by @FriedShoes so let’s me address a topic at hand.

In a recent party crash it was Master Mummy vs. Twintelle. Having no luck with the mummy and having never tried Twintelle I choose the latter. I fell in Love hard and fast because she is so unique.

Not only did I feel like she had all the strengths that my own main Kid Cobra did on the ground. But she could slow down time, and she has another 4 way movement w/ charged arms while floating in the air waiting to make the perfect strike. She’s really really a diverse and scary character who I consider like top shelf for sure. When I had a rough match is switched to Kid Cobra and he felt almost useless so I switched right back the next match.

There at the beginning I felt like she could do no wrong, and that in every fight I had a good chance to win. Then about halfway thru the realtionship I don’t know. Even tho she has everything I’m just not feeling here.

Not only that but she is very mechanical to get into. I almost feel like you had to float if you jump. Others have really caught on to here pattern, and while that’s a great strength I feel people keep her pretty grounded.

Soooooo this morning I had to get outta this relationship because it was kinda goin nowhere fast. Called my boy Kid Cobra up and had a great bout of matches this morning. Now I still stand by Twintelle is a stronger and more diverse fighter than Kid Cobra. But it just makes me have to work harder with my boy and really she taught me something’s that I brought over to him but they just animate differently on screen. I’m glad to back with the Kid and I look forward to trying other characters but for now he is for sure my main.
One of the best parts of fighting games is picking up a side character and seeing their strengths and weaknesses, especially when they bring you back with a greater appreciation for your main character.

SkywardCrowbar

Twintelle's loyal Husbando
I am really bad at fighting games.

As in, it took me hours to beat M. Bison in Street Fighter II on the lowest difficulty.

I am so bad at fighting games that it becomes a hindrance to my enjoyment of them. I have had the same issue with Soul Caliber, with Street Fighter, and even with Smash.

Now, I am not very good at ARMS. I openly admit that, but I absolutely LOVE this game. The characters are so incredibly lively and colorful, and the game has an excellently crafted difficulty curve. It's fairly easy to get good enough at it so that you can actually play it, even if you are bad at fighting games, but it takes a lot of work and skill to master.

Now that I'm over 20 hours in, almost entirely with Twintelle, I am finally getting good enough to really feel wholly satisfied with a fighting game. To me, ARMS is very close to Splatoon 2 in quality. It's a fantastic new IP that many more people need to get on board with.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
I had gone from Ribbon Girl to Min-Min, and wanted to try something different, so I've been fooling around with Mechanica.

It's like fighting in slow motion. I would literally watch my punch, watch my opponent watch my punch, watch my opponent dodge my punch, watch their counter, and not be able to get away from it. I get that her strength is the armor; she's supposed to get hit, not flinch, and land counters. That's why I picked her - I play as a counter puncher, but in the Bernard Hopkins school.

Instead, she's more age-40 George Foreman. If someone wants to stand and trade normal punches, yeah, she'll do OK. But anyone flitting in and out of distance of punching range - which is to say, most people - makes her feel too sluggish, and they tear apart her defense by mixing in charge shots (electric is, of course, her kryptonite). I'll keep messing around with her, but I think the trick to Mechanica is getting comfortable with being hit. You've got to be willing to take a shot in order to land a bigger one. And that strategy is completely at odds with how I like to counter.

Last edited: