ミ:コ> Official Splatoon 2 Thread - Booyah!くコ:彡

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Here's another scenario I can imagine:
1. Go to random ranked match.
2. Team works together extremely well.
3. Invite "recent players" to an online lounge and hope they have the app installed and running.
4. "Hey what's up guys, GGs back there. Alright you got a pen? Write down my phone number and my Discord server invite URL. Now let's gtfo here, this shit sucks."

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
So every generation it's always SOMETHING with Nintendo so we can can "Please understand" or "because Nintendo".

Welcome Nintendos akeiles heel there "Nintendo App voice chat solution" for the Switch. Please understand

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
I'm still being somewhat optimistic. There is a suggestion section in the app, I think it would help if people sent in request to open up voice chat to Turf War for friends at least.

I've been using the Discord server (and it is quite fun) but I just don't see it being that much friendlier than the Nintendo Chat. It also can't play the games music into your headphones. Discord is honestly confusing for a complete outsider. I still kind of fumble with it.

I did notice that there are push notifications built into the app so that will be good when someone is online and wants to play. However, the lack of voice chat when the phone is off is a big pain. If you need around that you can use an app like Wakey on Android to keep your phone on while the app is open.

I'm still being somewhat optimistic. There is a suggestion section in the app, I think it would help if people sent in request to open up voice chat to Turf War for friends at least.

I've been using the Discord server (and it is quite fun) but I just don't see it being that much friendlier than the Nintendo Chat. It also can't play the games music into your headphones. Discord is honestly confusing for a complete outsider. I still kind of fumble with it.

I did notice that there are push notifications built into the app so that will be good when someone is online and wants to play. However, the lack of voice chat when the phone is off is a big pain. If you need around that you can use an app like Wakey on Android to keep your phone on while the app is open.
Nintendo's app doesnt play the game music into your headphones either, and I dont see how they'd be able to do that with this app setup in the future either.

simplyTravis

@FriedShoes @mattavelle1 @Juegos @Koenig @EvilTw1n

Make Nintendo Great Online! Here is how!
MNGO-1.jpg
Step 1 - Tap the settings doohickey

MNGO-2.jpg
Step 2 - Click Feedback, you rapscallion.

MNGO-3.jpg
Step 3 - Make Nintendo Great Online by complaining directly to Nintendo! It will be beautiful. Elegant. Stunning.

It's to your heart's content...Was tired when I wrote it and the other one sounds better anyway. Feel free to complain in the grammar thread about this.

Last edited:

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
I should have read more. Because, somehow, it's even worse than it first seemed.

Unlike with Skype, if you flick aside to another app on your phone, you'll lose the ability to talk to your friend.

...You'll also need your phone screen on for that voice chat to remain connected - meaning it guzzles battery in the process.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ke-it-could-be-every-bit-as-bad-as-you-feared

Remeber Reggie saying how much easier chat would be through a smartphone app? And we all thought, "hey, can't be worse than Skype"? Against the odds, Nintendo did it. They managed to make something so trip-on-your-own-dick bad that I almost applaud them. It took real guts to be this stupid.

Seriously...the phone screen...can't turn off. Your battery will drain like mad. Unbelievable, Nintendo.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen

the app doesn't play game music... only the external device that acts like a reverse splitter.... you could use those headphones and use discord on your phone instead and it would work the same...

the difference is that the nintendo app sorts you into groups as you play which discord doesn't do

I already knew the voice chat itself would suck ass, so I am only focusing on the other aspects of the app, outside of voice chat... and in that I see a lot of potential... I want nintendo to add things like streetpass to it

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Tonight's the night~

I can't wait to glue myself to the screen and play this game until I can't take the salt anymore.

By the way, that slapped bass is so sick!

Last edited:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@FriedShoes @mattavelle1 @Juegos @Koenig @EvilTw1n

Make Nintendo Great Online! Here is how!
View attachment 3428
Step 1 - Tap the settings doohickey

View attachment 3429
Step 2 - Click Feedback, you rapscallion.

View attachment 3430
Step 3 - Make Nintendo Great Online by complaining directly to Nintendo! It will be beautiful. Elegant. Stunning.

It's to your heart's content...Was tired when I wrote it and the other one sounds better anyway. Feel free to complain in the grammar thread about this.
Nah I had just not rather have the app to "complain". I'm sure there are more feasible ways like Twitter or FB. They may not even pay attention to the feedback you know, because Nintendo.

EvilTw1n

I tried to DL Splatoon 2 last night at midnight, but the eShop was dead. It was still dead an hour later (this has been a bad, bad week for Nintendo and online gaming). Finally getting it now after work.

EvilTw1n

Man, leave aside the voice chat salt for now.

What a game. It flat-out refuses to drop a frame. It seems like they backed just a hair off of the camera sensitivity from the demo (the Splattershot felt too twitchy to me at - 3.5, but the Junior feels about perfect for my style of play at -3.0 now). The movements and animations are refined just enough to make the whole thing feel quicker than the original. I never thought the first game felt slow, but the sequel is appreciably faster.

All the environments are sharper. Some nice bloom coming from the glass ceiling in the warehouse area.

This is super-solid stuff.

I wish we could do custom loadputs like in CoD... I'm loving the game so far! Like the new levels. Hopefully they bring some retro specials back, inkstrike...
agreed, but at least (I think) you can change up the abilities your clothing comes with. So potentially rock some really nice threads with your ideal abilities. I think, havent played enough to see for myself.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Verizon dropped the ball with our cable move, so we are without cable and Internet till Monday afternoon.
Steve created a wifi hotspot with his phone so I could download the update but it wasn't strong enough to let me play live matches. I did play a few levels of single player story, and that was great.

theMightyME

Verizon dropped the ball with our cable move, so we are without cable and Internet till Monday afternoon.
Steve created a wifi hotspot with his phone so I could download the update but it wasn't strong enough to let me play live matches. I did play a few levels of single player story, and that was great.
That is the beauty of the switch... Take it to Starbucks

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'm fucking loving this game and I've only played Turf War. What a shock, its amazing and fun.
Can't wait to try out some Salmon Run with you guys. In the meantime, asserting dominance in turf is aight with me
:^)
Good to see you found one game with you close to the top :^)

There is so much to say, so so much. Game is outta bounds fun just straight off the rip!

theMightyME

the jump button shift is still f'n me up... i feel like my brain is being pulled apart everytime I hit b to jump... and I keep hitting x and then getting confused and getting splatted, forgetting I can get rid of the map by hitting x again

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
the jump button shift is still f'n me up... i feel like my brain is being pulled apart everytime I hit b to jump... and I keep hitting x and then getting confused and getting splatted, forgetting I can get rid of the map by hitting x again
It does finally kick in and become muscle memory. It takes some time tho because that has been the biggest button change for me also. But the end of 4 hours last night tho it was very much becoming 2nd nature. It just takes some time.

I flipped Jump to A on Zelda so the transition over to Splatoon was fine. Using the map itself is a bit difficult, and there were a few times that I had it open to superjump but got splatted before hand. Once I got the hang of it, I really dig using the little gyro cursor to hop over to the base or someone else. The d-pad jumping is weird to me.

EvilTw1n

I might have to make a Twitter account just so I can post screen shots.
I'm fucking loving this game and I've only played Turf War. What a shock, its amazing and fun.
There is so much to say, so so much. Game is outta bounds fun just straight off the rip!
I expected Splatoon 2 to be a rockin' game. I did not expect it to feel as fresh as it did. Part of the fun is unlocking abilities and gear (something I hadn't done in the original for like a year and a half) - it's awesome to have something to look forward to (my .52 gal is still locked away). I don't think I've done a gaming marathon like last night since the prime years of MH3U. That was an absolute blast.

Nice talking to folks on Discord, too.
There were a couple of times that it stilled messed me up, too. But I'm getting used to the offset stick layout. It just takes some reps.

I feel like this was a thing in the first game too.
Tested it using gamepad mode and it seems to not have that drift, but you cant exactly whip the Switch around like that in gamepad mode. Tried with split joycons, where only the right affects the aim, and it didnt seem to have the issue(?) either. Didnt feel anything last night and spent all of that playing with a Pro Controller, like in the tweet. Granted, I dont really use gyro to turn like that. Worth noting nonetheless.
Sent from my LG-D851 using Nintendo Online App

Last edited:

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
@Superfakerbros

I'm not sure we have ever played something together, but you are really good at splatoon. Had a blast joinin up and playing a lot with you last night and I look forward to more.
Thanks, man, same to you lot. Honestly, I was surprised I did as well as I did as it's been like over a year since I last played Splatoon regularly :p

You guys gonna play more later this week?

simplyTravis

That Salmon Run action with @FriedShoes @Juegos and @mattavelle1 was fresh! It's quite amazing how much variety in attack patterns they can throw into the level. The fog and night time with the fireflies are intense.

I tried a few matches to get my super bonus with some randoms and gave up for two reasons.
  1. My pro controller died and I definitely am not as good with the joycons.
  2. No voice chat with scrubs makes the tougher runs impossible. They didn't even bother to use their arrow keys.
We need a good team name for these salmon runs.

#SalmonSlayers ?

there's a vicious cycle to the dynamic between Salmon Run and regular Splatoon. As I was playing last night/this morning, I thought to myself
"Man, ranking up is slow, I need to eat an EXP bonus sandwhich"
"But I'm all out."
"Time to play some Salmon Run"
"Bonus got, back to Splatoon"
Playing with randoms is pretty difficult, and depending on the weapon sets they offer its even more troublesome. I think when I was playing it was Chaingun, Brush, and Slosher and something else. Tough stuff, definitely gonna schedule out my play sessions of that mode.

theMightyME

so THAT is where you get the tickets from, ahhh okay...

the leveling up takes a steep turn... leveling up to around 5 is very quick... 6 takes a little time but isn't bad... 7 took a pretty notable step up.... and 8 is taking f'n forever....