A Game Could be yours IF The (NX) Date is Right!

We're getting closer and closer to October. 7 people are already out by Price is Right rules.
Fingers crossed for next Thursday!
Six by my count. Jack's still in the running at the moment.
Remember, you have to either hit the date OR be closest under the right date.
I know this is going to make me sound stupid, but it's been keeping me up at night with worry. I've never seen The Price Is Right, and I have no idea if you mean it's the person who's closest after the date or closest before who wins.

Like, right now, the 16th of Sept, if the NX is revealed today, is DD winning with a bid of the 15th, or is Travis winning with a bid of the 20th?!?
DD wins that, as his bet was the closest under the right price/date. That's why sometimes the participants will make a guess of $1, as they will be guaranteed a win as long as the right price is under everyone else's guess.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I really like my guess lookin back on it. The only bad thing is, we're still right under a month from my prediction.

Judgin from the NX thread we should have @Koenig virtual self permabanned for feelin like NX should be a PS. Where as if we had info tomorrow, he just might live to post again :mfancy:

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
No word. Alas, my prognostication skills have failed me.

Y u hayt Smokey and the Bandit punz, Nintendo?

Maybe @juegosmajicos 2017 guess is gonna pan out. Nintendo treats its release date reveals like tantric orgasms.

Koenig

The Architect
No word. Alas, my prognostication skills have failed me.

Y u hayt Smokey and the Bandit punz, Nintendo?

Maybe @juegosmajicos 2017 guess is gonna pan out. Nintendo treats its release date reveals like tantric orgasms.
I pity everyone (myself included) who try's to predict Nintendo. Sometimes I get the feeling they intentionally try to screw with analysts.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
So it's to the point where Google news is useless to check. A few sites are running with this rumor:

http://squishturtle.com/nintendo-likely-to-reveal-nx-on-october-21/

Which, of course, may be correct (and I would be very happy if 10/21 is the date). But it's pulled directly from the author's ass. There is logic behind it, yes, but no more than we were spitballing here about the possibility of a reveal during TGS or the like.

Last edited:

FriedShoes

MLG
So it's to the point where Google news is useless to check. A few sites are running with this rumor:

http://squishturtle.com/nintendo-likely-to-reveal-nx-on-october-21/

Which, of course, may be correct (and I would be very happy if 10/21 is the date). But it's pulled directly from the author's ass. There is logic behind it, yes, but no more than we were spitballing here about the possibility of a reveal during TGS or the like.
fucking disgraceful industry.
Watch out guys, one of your speculation posts might be pulled and quoted as a rumor now.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
One thing we can all safely say is this: The moment Nintendo unveils the NX, you will know who to avoid for "insider" information from this point on if you haven't already. I don't think I've ever seen so much "information" posted about a system that has not been revealed yet.

The NX has become a myth, and a legend at this point. But unlike bigfoot, we will eventually get a clear picture of what's actually going on here.

Odo

Next year Nintendo will reveal that Project NX was just a huge 2017's April Fools campaign and that more Wii U ports for 3DS are coming.

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
I've had a suspicion for awhile about something similar, except I'm not sure whether they will delay or not. Here's how I imagine it playing out:

1. Nitendo briefly talks about NX at upcoming investor meeting. They won't say much about function or form, but will talk about price range (not specific but like "you can expect it to be about $300") and launch date. They will also say they are working on a number of games for the launch window, but they won't say what they - or if they do, it will just be like "we're working on a new Mario game, stayed tuned for more."
  2. Nintendo announces that they will have an event/direct/something in January.
  3. Nintendo goes silent through Christmas, promoting 3DS stuff instead.
  4. Nintendo holds grand unveiling in January in a blow-out bonanza.
  5. Nintendo starts massive advertising campaign immediately after event.
  6. Nintendo buys ad space for the Super Bowl and airs some crazy epic ad.
  7. Nintendo starts takes it on the road to malls and in busses and stuff to let people play the thing immediately after the Superbowl.
  8. Advertising intensifies leading up to launch. All systems are go, prepare for launch in T - 10, 9...
  9. LIFT OFF! NX is clear of the launch pad, we are go for staging **prchrchrchr**

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
They can still (and should) announce the NX long before then IMO, but I think they should still make use of the Super Bowl for advertising.
I actually don't know if it's in their best interests to do a full unveiling before Christmas. I've been trying to think it through... would it cause confusion in the market to start taking about something going into the Christmas consumerism season, and then not sell it?

Seems weird.

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
Well, I'm out. I brought into the hype and expected Nintendo to reveal it prior to the start of the holiday season (meaning they had to do it prior to the investors meeting).

I knew I should have gone with a December date (15th is my current guess).

Emily, who has been right on the money on this so I cant doubt her this week, says that there will be more next week. This is what is says it is, a preview.

Still think it counts as an official reveal, as its also rumored (good source) that they will show off the console.
"They want to answer the biggest questions and leave you wanting more"
Will focus on what it looks like, what it does, what its called. Will also confirm use of cartridges. No hardware specs though (will come press release afterward). No lineup in that video, possibly meaning no games. Could be for whatever next week holds.
At least 3 devs are waiting for Nintendo to show off tomorrow to announce their projects.

Considering Emily's newfound credibility, may I remind you that BGE2 is an NX exclusive according to her.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I think the WiiU reveal was so botched that there gonna take 3 mins to specifically tell you exactly what this thing is.

Nintendo has been killin it on all fronts lately from Pokémon Go, to the Apple announcement, to winning e3 with one game. There makin the "industry" look like there stuck in the past.

I suspect the NX reveal to be no less perfect.

Odo

New Wii U is coming!!!!!!!!

Isn't the winner mattavelle1 ? If the reveal is today, it's closer to October 21.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
New Wii U is coming!!!!!!!!

Isn't the winner mattavelle1 ? If the reveal is today, it's closer to October 21.
HOLY SHIT YES!!!!! I GUESSED IT RIGHT IM SO INSYNC WITH NINTENDO RIGHT NOW!!!!

@FriedShoes I DID PRAY AND LOOK AT ME NOW!!! *hugs Fried* *fam kisses me* *high fives to the crowd*

OCT 21ST BABY!!!

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I'll be the bearer of bad news instead of Fried this time. The winner would still be Koenig, because his guess was the closest under the right date. You're not allowed to go over the right date, so Matt would be losing by one day.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'll be the bearer of bad news instead of Fried this time. The winner would still be Koenig, because his guess was the closest under the right date. You're not allowed to go over the right date, so Matt would be losing by one day.
I thought today was the 21ST. *hits rewind* *takes back high fives* Un hugs Fried*