AE Games Promises to make Wii U their main focus

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
http://www.aegames.net/
First, you might all want to take this with a huge grain of salt. Look at the name and the logo. AE? EA?
Anyway, these guys are promising that they will make Wii U games their main priority. They will be unveiling their first game this Friday.

Seems like someone that likes Nintendo well enough. The only two problems I see are:
[list type=decimal][*]I see no proof of any previous development experience... for any platform of any kind.If their free blogger.com website and the "I just torrented Photoshop... look at the lens flares and glows" artwork are any indication, I don't have high hopes for their attention to design and the little details that matter so much. (seriously though... the lens flare on the stars)[/list type=decimal]
I really think someone is yanking our crank. This reeks of a couple of Nintendo fans saying "Hey, how hard can it be to make games anyway? Let's make a WiiU game dude!"
Just my two cents.

^ You know, now that I think about it...
What if this "AE Games" is actually a cover some other company is using?
That actually isn't out of the question. EA closed down EA North Carolina back in 2013.
Considering these guys are in North Carolina and have decided to name themselves AE, they my very well be these guys.
I dunno. Just sayin'

So. It seems.

That Andy has contacted them and their Network.

He thinks they're legit.

Andy must be in with the Illuminati

@sknygy
Told me/read all about it. They come off as if they have actual plans, but even if they do, I'm betting it'll be some 2D sidescrolling indie project, which would make them immense losers while people proceed to forget about them.

So. It seems.

That Andy has contacted them and their Network.

He thinks they're legit.

Andy must be in with the Illuminati

@sknygy

That Andy ey?! lol

I'm not getting my hopes up, and agree with aces could be an indie platformer kind thing... failing that maestro-looking mobile game shovelware.

When I said legit, I meant that I felt they weren't a bunch of sony fanboys trolling us. I'd love it to be a mini powerhouse like High Voltage were for Wii, but don't want to get disappointed like we usually do.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
We'll see what they have in store (if they do mind you) on Friday. I'm cautiously optimistic it'll be something interesting.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I would honestly love to be 100% wrong about this one.... But I'm on a roll lately.... And this screams fanboy bullshit.... So I stick to it being a hoax....
But wouldn't it be great if there was some badass Wii U game behind all this...?
Then again if there were, then why the hell not show the damn thing and let your game speak for itself...?
That's the part about this that has me going....

I'd love for this to be a new AAA third party developer as well. Based on how they talk about being in talks with Nintendo and having people around the world working on the game, it sounds like they would be too.
But seriously... lens flares on stars?... looks like it was made using WordArt or cooltext

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Having "people around the world working on the game" sounds like one of two options:
1) What EA is already doing by outsourcing a huge chunk of their games' development, or2) Something some videogames forum Nintendo fans would do, like we would here at NE.

Odo

...I mean... blogspot? Are they serious lol? Can make their own games, but can't design their own website?
Have you seen Nintendo's website?

Or Retro's?
Retro Studios site is really... retro! :D
Yes, if some people start to try to develop something together and want to make people know about, they usually upload a small site ASAP using the first available blog or CMS they can. It happens a lot.
Of course I'm not affirming that it's not fake. I hope it's real.

Okay that's it. I'm freaking done with these guys. What the f*** kind of image is that?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tvHuF8XN9B4/Us7QZ8iIZQI/AAAAAAAAP4U/agJL5hF59YU/s1600/Llama-cant-deal-with-it.gif

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

So, AE Games have officially revealed their game.

Its a Ferocious Action Spartan Battler Video Game where you're forced to play historical sports to avoid death by evisceration

http://www.aegames.net/2014/02/football-with-historic-twist-ae-games.html?spref=tw

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
Ahhh no need to be so rough on them :( at least it didn't turn out to be a hoax. But they could have done a better job on the graphics they posted to "tease us" anyway sounds interesting and I am looking forward to see more.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Ahhh no need to be so rough on them :( at least it didn't turn out to be a hoax. But they could have done a better job on the graphics they posted to "tease us" anyway sounds interesting and I am looking forward to see more.
Nobodies being rough on them XD.

Infact tehy're probably starting to get in bed with them?

Its pretty clear who they are ( Fromer EA team from North Carolina)

They seem pretty peeved about industry politics too lol. They go on full roast mode concerning EA XD

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
All will be good as long as they don't turn out to be a current gen data design interactive. :-S

On a more serious note, wonder how their first game will turn out.

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
Nobodies being rough on them XD.

Infact tehy're probably starting to get in bed with them?

Its pretty clear who they are ( Fromer EA team from North Carolina)

They seem pretty peeved about industry politics too lol. They go on full roast mode concerning EA XD
My understanding is that it's currently just one guy who will be hiring an artist and voice actor.

Aki

Just found out that their game is some indie historical football game. I find it funny that they took all of these shots at EA and other major third party devs who publish some of the best games and this is what they're brining to the table. Excuse me while I go laugh my ass off and roll around on the floor.

GaemzDood

That's what I was thinking. If you're gonna rip AAA developers a new asshole for not supporting a console that isn't selling well to begin with, bring something to the table that's at least on par in terms of quality.

It doesn't have to be big budget, the Blackwell games & Gemini Rue are as good as most AAA games.

Perming my weave on Tapatalk.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

That's what I was thinking. If you're gonna rip AAA developers a new asshole for not supporting a console that isn't selling well to begin with, bring something to the table that's at least on par in terms of quality.

It doesn't have to be big budget, the Blackwell games & Gemini Rue are as good as most AAA games.

Perming my weave on Tapatalk.

We havent seen the game yet though.

I'm not looking forward to seeing it. That's the problem for me lol. All I am able to envision is the cruddiest game ever, and it's about to land on Wii U.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I'm ultimately going to wait until I see some screenshots and some video to get a better sense of what I think about this. I think the concept is interesting considering Football video games in general I think are rather dull and boring.

They really need a social media/PR guy.
If they were in say Detroit or Ontario instead of North Carolina I'd probably volunteer to help them.
They seem to be well meaning developers but just because you make games doesn't mean you know how to promote games. Also if they are the former EA Carolina, their experience is from what I've looked up:
- Madden NFL Football for 3DS- NASCAR 09 for PS2- NASCAR Kart Racing for Wii- Monopoly Hotels for iOS
So they likely have mobile, 3DS and Wii experience. Interesting that their first project is football when the 3DS Madden game wasn't well received.