Albums of 2017

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
New year, new thread. Same rules as last year. Hope to get more discussion in here!

I will get the ball rolling. This technically came out in 2016, but it came out so late I am putting it here.

Run The Jewels - Run the Jewels 3
Killer Mike and El-P outdid themselves. This is my favorite Run the Jewels joint thus far. They might alienate some fans due to how political this album is, but there are plenty of quite frankly a lot of amazing non political songs (Down, Legend Has It, Call Ticketron, Panther like Panther, etc.). Its gonna be hard for this to be topped rap wise this year.

The new xx album comes out tomorrow so I have my eyes on that too. Gorillaz, Big Sean, Earl Sweatshirt, ASAP Rocky, Sampha and Drake are coming out with new stuff this year too.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street

The xx - I See You

Father John Misty is coming out with a brand new album 'Pure Comedy' on April 9th. The single is pretty great.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street

Sampha - Process

Big Sean - I Decided

upload_2017-2-4_10-58-46.jpeg
Migos - Culture

I tried out Kehlani's new album out of the fact that she's performing in Reno soon, but it wasn't really for me bar a few singles. I feel weird putting on Culture on here due to my general dislike of trap music but its actually a pretty good album. Big Sean's is good, nothing mindblowing but pretty good. And Sampha's Process is great, I love Sampha's voice in general. It took a while for it to grow on me but man what an album.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street

Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom 2

Pure Comedy by Father John Misty and Humanz by Gorillaz are both coming out very soon. Going by the singles from both albums, they're both probably gonna be up here. I'm checking out one of the TDE newbies, SiR, and he's EP. I will post it if I like it enough later.

Kendrick is dropping something on April 7th, so if its anywhere his previous quality it will probably end up on here.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street

Drake - More Life

SiR - Her Too

Father John Misty - Pure Comedy

More Life is way better than I was expecting. Dope album with tracks like Passionfruit, Blem, 4422, Glow, etc.

Her Too is a smooth, brief trip. I dug it and I'm looking forward to SiR's fully fledged album.

Pure Comedy is probably my favorite Father John Misty project thus far. Amazing album, and extremely topical. Might end up in my top 10 of the year.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street

Gorillaz - Humanz

Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.

Humanz has been stuck in my head for the past few weeks for better or worse. I don't know what to make of it. It is an album where I can't quite tell if its genius or trash. As for DAMN., it's not To Pimp a Butterfly, its not good kid. m.A.A.d city, but it's good. Some questionable tracks (LOVE., LOYALTY.) but I like those tracks. No bad song in this album. Thematically its not as strong, but that's okay. It gets the anger building up in Kendrick and its awesome. Its a feral scream album with really great tracks (XXX., PRIDE., FEAR.)

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
Frank has been dropping music every other week practically. He was a guest on Slide, you got Chanel, Biking, Lens, the Slide on Me Remix, the remake of At Your Best, the ASAP track RAF, Biking Solo version. Unfortunately I haven't listened to half of these so I gotta catch up. I'm making my way through the new Harry Styles album too which is a pleasant surprise. The dude has some legit talent that was hidden behind One Direction.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
I definitely want more people to feel free to pitch in and say what recent stuff they've been listening to. This is a place to kinda share recent and new music (as opposed to the "what have you been listening to") tons of music that I listen to comes out of threads like this in other forums so having a thread like this here in TNE I feel like helps us discover new music.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I've made a Spotify collaborative playlist that we can use. The way it works is that anyone with the link should be able to add any music they like to it. You don't need a Spotify Premium account, you just need a regular free account. Here's the link:
https://open.spotify.com/user/juegosmajicos/playlist/0Tgey7x7AO1nfmBVLNnJF9

I don't know what direction the playlist should take. Should it be every album mentioned in this thread, plus whatever else comes out that catches our attention? The list will end up being very ecclectic, but I think that's a good thing.

Finally, I think I'll make a separate playlist for the "What are you listening to?" thread. That one can be filled up with all sorts of older music, not necessarily new stuff.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street

Brockhampton - Saturation

Brockhampton - Saturation II

Sufjan Stevens, Nico Muhly, Bryce Dessner, James McAlister - Planetarium

Tyler The Creator - Flower Boy

Daniel Caesar - Freudian