ALttP 3DS Sequel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcZ8wnPWb4s

So for those of you who watched today's Nintendo Direct, they announced what seems to be a sequel to ALttP for the 3DS, which shows a new feature that allows you literally walk in the walls. Potentially gimmicky features aside, I am very excited for this game, since ALttP is my favorite Zelda game.

I think this looks great, I also noticed that Link seems to move like in the DS games but I don't think it's touch screen based so that's good. I'm really excited about this, glad top-down Zelda hasn't been forgotten!

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
My guess is that you have full 3D movement because of the slide pad, but the attacks still look to be button-based, not touch screen based.
There are a lot of puzzle gimmicks in there. Even if they look like they make sense when watching the trailer in actual 3D, it feels like a weird addition to the series. There's a section in the 3DS trailer that actually reminds me of Super Mario 64.
I can't tell that there is an overworld judging by the trailer. there's an area that looks like the overworld, but there's no indication of it being an actual overworld.
Overall, I feel like this might just be another Spirit Tracks, this time wearing a lot of ALttP makeup.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Just a correction: it seems we might actually be getting the real overworld back -- though it's the same one from the old game.

Hopefully they've at least expanded it or modified it in cool ways.

I wonder who was developing this game, something about the artstyle just feels American, even though it also feels really authentic to recreating the original's videos in 3D.

Ex-Actarus

I think people are overreacting about the artstyle.
We just need to get use to it.
People didn't like Yoshi's Island artstyle initially. Today people love it !!!
People HATED ( me included ) Wind Waker intially. it's today SO PRAISED, that people are complaining about the HD remake art syle...
Seriously...
I'm really happy about that game, and for the first time in my life, I will buy more game on a handheld system...
The 3DS is 2013 is absolutely incredible contentwise !!!

3DS is going to win so many awards for this year.
Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan, and now Yoshi's Island and a New Zelda.

Ex-Actarus

Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan, and now Yoshi's Island and a New Zelda.
I think the 3DS is still very underrated.
The system doesn't get the coverage it should in the videogaming media.

I think the 3DS is still very underrated.
The system doesn't get the coverage it should in the videogaming media.
In a way that is true.
The same could be said about the entire handheld gaming industry. Wonder why.

People HATED ( me included ) Wind Waker intially. it's today SO PRAISED, that people are complaining about the HD remake art syle...
Seriously...
I'm really happy about that game, and for the first time in my life, I will buy more game on a handheld system...
I didn't say I hated it, I said it looked American or at least western developed. (I also said, or meant to anyway, that it seemed pretty faithful to the original artstyle despite that) What I really wonder is just who made it, because I don't think it was the typical Zelda team, at least not fully... and that would make sense if the small team is working on the Wind Waker Enhanced Port and the other is working on the WiiU Zelda. So what I'm really implying is could retro also be working on this game?

Ex-Actarus

Seriously...
I didn't say I hated it, I said it looked American or at least western developed. (I also said, or meant to anyway, that it seemed pretty faithful to the original artstyle despite that) What I really wonder is just who made it, because I don't think it was the typical Zelda team, at least not fully... and that would make sense if the small team is working on the Wind Waker Enhanced Port and the other is working on the WiiU Zelda. So what I'm really implying is could retro also be working on this game?
Not it's not Retro, it's EAD Kyoto under Anouma.
I wish people would discuss more the incredible gameplay of this new Zelda rather than the artstyle.
I mean that ability of link to become a drawing to go thtough walls is AMAZING !
With the change of perspective, it gave a complete new vision of the area. STUNNING !
I can't wait to use that ability in puzzle.

I'm honestly not the least bit impressed by this game and I just know I will feel nothing playing this game if I decide to purchase it because it has the name Zelda on it. I'm happy for everyone else who is excited though. 3DS has so much to offer this year so I cant even bat an eye lash for potentially not playing this game.

Zelda Informer just uploaded a 14 minute video of someone playing the game's demo. I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far of this game. I'm especially happy to see a return of the original top down view, since we haven't had a game use that since The Minish Cap back in 2005.

I'm really excited for it, especially since I found out that it would be here in time for the holiday season! I actually remember Shigeru Miyamoto expressing his interest in making a sequel to Link To The Past. I think it looks good, based on what I've seen, although I was surprised to see that it was not more similar to one of the recent console games (I guess they want to save the more traditional 3d console games for the motion controls). That certainly isn't a bad thing though.

I mean, we haven't seen much of this game yet so we're all going out on a limb here.

What would you guys do if you had to put together a short video to show how good LttP is? Would that do justice to the quality of LttP?

I don't think what we've seen so far is impressive, but I don't think it looks negative in any way either. There's only so much they can do with promo videos.

It's natural to be tentative after playing and loving LttP for so many years, but I really think this game is overflowing with potential.

I am very optimistic.

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
Am I the only one who thinks the art style looks a lot like New Super Mario Bros, just from the top down as opposed to side view? I imagine the over world will be largely the same with some modifications to indicate the passing of time and also, perhaps, big events that differentiate the games. For example, assuming it is a sequel, and not a prequel, maybe something happens in between the two games that has caused big changes in the world. Maybe a comet hit the world and now there is a giant lake somewhere. Maybe the ocean flooded and now just about the entire world is underwater. Maybe other things... :p
I'm interested in the game, but I've got to see more before I can really say much more!

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I'm definitely buying a 3DS XL for this game, along with Pokemon Y. I just wish the XL designs in North America were better.
I already have a regular 3DS, and while I want an XL for the size, I agree the design of the original one is much better. I love those angles and the subtle gloss and color gradients.

nerdman

pig's gotta fly
I noticed that Link was able to use the hammer and bow without selecting them from the menu. That's good because it will be more streamlined.

Another thing I noticed was that the paper mario mechanic wasn't mapped as an item. That means it's likely to be one of the central mechanics that will be in the whole game.

GaemzDood

I'm definitely buying a 3DS XL for this game, along with Pokemon Y. I just wish the XL designs in North America were better.
Dude, get Shin Megami Tensei IV instead. It's going to rip Pokemon X(XX) and Y apart in terms of quality.

I haven't played A Link to the Past, but I did enjoy this game anyway. I liked being able to complete the dungeons in any order and having all the items available at the start of the game.