Highlights from April 2014 NPD Group results include:
- Xbox One continues to see impressive software sales, maintaining an average of three games sold per console.
- With Xbox One and Xbox 360 combined, the Xbox platform sold the most games across all console platforms with 2.6 million games sold. Xbox One sold 447,000 games in April and Xbox 360 sold 2.2 million,totaling 53 percent of the total software market share (Xbox 360 and Xbox One combined).
- Xbox One and Xbox 360 together held eight of the top 10 spots on the generation eight and generation seven console game list in the U.S.: â€œTitanfallâ€ (Xbox One), â€œKinect Sports Rivalsâ€ (Xbox One), â€œTitanfallâ€ (Xbox 360), â€œCall of Duty: Ghostsâ€ (Xbox 360), â€œNBA 2K14â€ (Xbox 360), â€œGrand Theft Auto Vâ€ (Xbox 360), â€œMinecraftâ€ (Xbox 360) and â€œPlants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfareâ€ (Xbox 360).
- Xbox One sold 115,000 units in the U.S. in the month of April and has outpaced box 360 sales by 76 percent in the first six months on the market.
- Xbox 360 continues to grow its install base with 71,000 units sold in April in the U.S., more than any other seventh generation console.
Weâ€™re excited to share more about the amazing lineup of games coming to Xbox during our Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing, Xbox: Game On, which will take place Monday, June 9 beginning at 9:30 a.m. PDT. During the briefing, weâ€™ll showcase in-depth looks at previously announced games as well as trailers for our unannounced games coming in 2014 and beyond.
Data from NPD Group, April 2014