Automotive Enthusiast

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
What are your thoughts and opinions on the new Mazda6?
From a looks standpoint, it looks great, and those new Skyactiv engines are supposed to be very good. Although, as all direct injection engines suffer from carbon build up, that could be an issue down the road.

I also think it should've came with AWD as an option rather than just FWD, but that's just me. If FWD is not an issue for a car such as this, then that's your choice.

Thinking of jumping onto the Mazda bandwagon?

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
From a looks standpoint, it looks great, and those new Skyactiv engines are supposed to be very good. Although, as all direct injection engines suffer from carbon build up, that could be an issue down the road.

I also think it should've came with AWD as an option rather than just FWD, but that's just me. If FWD is not an issue for a car such as this, then that's your choice.

Thinking of jumping onto the Mazda bandwagon?
Possibly. My wife has had her current car for over 8 years. We considering different cars at this point. And this is one that caught her eye.

EDIT: Whats carbon build up?

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Possibly. My wife has had her current car for over 8 years. We considering different cars at this point. And this is one that caught her eye.

It's what tends to happen in cars with direct injection (DI). DI sprays a little bit of gas right into an engine's combustion chamber, which gives you greater power, efficiency, and lower emissions (generally). But piping gas right into the combustion chamber can leave a little bit of carbon, too. Over time, it can build up.

Honestly, so many cars have switched to this that it's becoming less and less of an issue (unless you're buying like an '06 VW with first generation DI). Odds are it won't even be an issue for the first 80K miles, and then you get it cleaned.

On Mazda, you know I dig 'em. They're fun to drive. But sedans are kinda dying out. If you need four doors, I say you either buy a Mazda 3 or a CX-3 (if she wants to sit a little higher and have a better view of the road). You can get either with a hatchback, which gives you greater utility. About the only thing you miss out on is rear-seat leg room, but trust me, adults can sit in the back of a 3.

Of course, if she buys a 3S with a manual, then you basically have a car that is right at the edge of being a hot hatch. ...meaning you can have a lot of fun on the weekends on some back roads.

Shoulder

So all cars produce carbon as a byproduct of the engine. Usually this ends up out of the tailpipe after combustion has occured. With direct injection, which is what Skyactiv tech is, it literally directly injects fuel onto the the engine cylinder and the fuel then mixes with the air. Compare this to Port injection, which is the other common method of fuel injection, that sprays fuel onto the intake ports and it mixes with the incoming air.

The advantage of direct injection is more power using less fuel, which is why you're seeing a lot of 4-bangers in cars these days, or V6s in trucks such as the F150 with its ecoboost engine. Overtime though, as consumers and even some companies have noticed, this causes carbon build up, which will eventually rob your car of power, fuel economy, and it may cause other issues. Let's be clear though, all cars will produce carbon build up, but direct injection has been shown to produce a lot more. Now there are ways to counter this, which including pouring sea foam into the vacuum lines and getting that infamous smoke out of your tailpipe, which is from all that carbon that sticks to your engine over time. You could also give your car the ole Italian Tune-up, which involves driving your at almost max revs for a short period of time to help burn off extra carbon. Ferrari Mechanics did this for years because most Ferrari owners hardly ever drove their cars hard, let alone drove them much at aall, so carbon build up was more likely. Although, I think this method is less useful in newer cars, but opening up the taps is always a nice thing to do.

The other and proven method is spraying walnut shells into the engine, which is done via a dealership or some other shop. This of course much more expensive, as it'll set you back a few hundred dollars. But it will get rid of the excess carbon.

Now, I am not trying to scare you away from getting a car you might like since all cars will almost always produce some form of carbon build up. And some cars might be less likely to have this build up, even with direct injection, but YMMV.

All I know is my brother has a 2007 MINI Cooper S, which has an entirely different engine compared to mine. One of the big differences is mine is port injection and his is direct injection, and he's had engines problems with it, and I have almost double the miles that he has.

You can look this all up about the carbon build up as this has been going on for years now with direct injection. Now, it is possible new innovations will help curb this problem, and I'm sure cars have gotten better with it, so maybe it's not as much of an issue now as it is for older direct injection vehicles.

That answer your question?

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
It's what tends to happen in cars with direct injection (DI). DI sprays a little bit of gas right into an engine's combustion chamber, which gives you greater power, efficiency, and lower emissions (generally). But piping gas right into the combustion chamber can leave a little bit of carbon, too. Over time, it can build up.

Honestly, so many cars have switched to this that it's becoming less and less of an issue (unless you're buying like an '06 VW with first generation DI). Odds are it won't even be an issue for the first 80K miles, and then you get it cleaned.

On Mazda, you know I dig 'em. They're fun to drive. But sedans are kinda dying out. If you need four doors, I say you either buy a Mazda 3 or a CX-3 (if she wants to sit a little higher and have a better view of the road). You can get either with a hatchback, which gives you greater utility. About the only thing you miss out on is rear-seat leg room, but trust me, adults can sit in the back of a 3.

Of course, if she buys a 3S with a manual, then you basically have a car that is right at the edge of being a hot hatch. ...meaning you can have a lot of fun on the weekends on some back roads.
Why the 3 over the 6?

And are Mazdas overall reliable?

Shoulder

I too also dig the Mazda 3 as I drove one for a few months back in 2006 while re-learning to drive a stick. Loved that car. I also like the CX-5, as well as the new CX-3. And best of all those all come in manuals as well if you prefer (except the CX-3).

Last edited:

EvilTw1n

Alright, @Shoulder - I think it's time you and I go in and just buy one together.

http://carbuying.jalopnik.com/get-your-pennies-together-because-nissan-gt-rs-are-plum-1718881651

I'm getting to the point in my life where I'm going "eh, so what if the bank takes something away?"
Why the 3 over the 6?

And are Mazdas overall reliable?
Newer Mazdas are reliable. Older ones have a horrendous reputation (and that's not even getting into the rotary engines), but around the 2000 model year, Mazda really started getting their act together.

I'd get a 3 just because the 6 is really nothing more than a slightly bigger version of the 3. And what classifies now as a "compact" car (like the 3) is very nearly what a mid-size car used to be:

-A 2001-ish mid-size sedan like the Toyota Camry had a wheelbase of 107 inches and a length of 189 inches.
-A new Mazda 3 sedan has a wheelbase of 106.3 inches and a length of 180.3 inches.

(The modern 6 gets you 5 more inches wheelbase and 11 more inches in length).

I assure you that adults fit in the back of a Mazda 3. It's also easier to park. So really, the only thing you're getting with the 6 is more trunk space.

Not that I'd run you off of a 6. If you guys are set on a mid-size sedan for some reason, it's the one to get. It's probably best in class. It's just not a class I would get, as it's a bit of an anachronism these days.

EvilTw1n

Don't you know? Purple is the color of Royalty, so by driving that bitchin' car, you'll be treated like the Queen of England.
The more I think on it, the less I care about the color. And the more I read on quick sedans, the more sense a 3 makes (not that Mazda's 3 measures up to BMW's 3, but the philosophy is similar).

Also, for your reading pleasure, the Gorilla takes on Dunsfold, one last time.
http://www.driving.co.uk/news/farewell-dunsfold-clarksons-final-lap-of-the-top-gear-test-track/

Last edited:

Shoulder

The more I think on it, the less I care about the color. And the more I read on quick sedans, the more sense a 3 makes (not that Mazda's 3 measures up to BMW's 3, but the philosophy is similar).

Also, for your reading pleasure, the Gorilla takes on Dunsfold, one last time.
http://www.driving.co.uk/news/farewell-dunsfold-clarksons-final-lap-of-the-top-gear-test-track/
LOL @ F&F gearbox. I do seem to recall a similar photo years ago when the first movie came out. Brian O'Connor's car in the beginning of the movie shifted I believe 7 times in that one scene in an empty parking lot. Maybe he decided he needed the extra gear for the lolz.

As far as that articles goes with Clarkson, that was a good read, and I read it in Clarkon's voice the entire time. I hope whatever Clarkson and Co. have in mind for the future is good. And considering they are not allowed to create a similar car show (because of a non-competing clause in their old contract) on any UK broadcasting network, Netflix, or Amazon is highly likely given those companies originate in the US, which is in America.

EvilTw1n

More classic GTR stuff.
http://jalopnik.com/four-months-with-a-nissan-skyline-gt-r-in-america-1719523748

Also, I should just quit my day job and study to become a rally driver.

Because that's way more fun/terrifying than what I'm doing.
LOL @ F&F gearbox. I do seem to recall a similar photo years ago when the first movie came out. Brian O'Connor's car in the beginning of the movie shifted I believe 7 times in that one scene in an empty parking lot. Maybe he decided he needed the extra gear for the lolz.

As far as that articles goes with Clarkson, that was a good read, and I read it in Clarkon's voice the entire time. I hope whatever Clarkson and Co. have in mind for the future is good. And considering they are not allowed to create a similar car show (because of a non-competing clause in their old contract) on any UK broadcasting network, Netflix, or Amazon is highly likely given those companies originate in the US, which is in America.
Honestly, I thought he'd be a bit more emotional for that last go-round. I mean, that's been his entire world for like 15 years. It does make me wonder if even he was realizing that he was closer to the end of Top Gear than the beginning (even if he never punched that guy). Maybe some evolution for the show - and him - is a good thing.

But OTOH, I dropped my car off at the garage today. The mechanic said "I'll be working on yours as soon as I rebuild the carburetor in this old Hilux." I responded "someone found a way to kill a Hilux?!" We both laughed, because we both know the joke. That sort of petrolsexual in-joke is probably never gonna happen again. The old TG was special.

Last edited:

Shoulder

More classic GTR stuff.
http://jalopnik.com/four-months-with-a-nissan-skyline-gt-r-in-america-1719523748

Also, I should just quit my day job and study to become a rally driver.

Because that's way more fun/terrifying than what I'm doing.

Honestly, I thought he'd be a bit more emotional for that last go-round. I mean, that's been his entire world for like 15 years. It does make me wonder if even he was realizing that he was closer to the end of Top Gear than the beginning (even if he never punched that guy). Maybe some evolution for the show - and him - is a good thing.

But OTOH, I dropped my car off at the garage today. The mechanic said "I'll be working on yours as soon as I rebuild the carburetor in this old Hilux." I responded "someone found a way to kill a Hilux?!" We both laughed, because we both know the joke. That sort of petrolsexual in-joke is probably never gonna happen again. The old TG was special.
The Hilux episodes were legendary, and really showed that it truly can take a lot to destroy a car if it's built well. Obviously, we don't get the Hilux in this country unless you import, but it's basically the Tundra if I recall, which speaking of which, I see a lot of Tundras and Tacomas driving around Green Bay. Don't know if I'm simply noticing them more, or there simply are more running around. As far as trucks go, I could see myself in a Tacoma or Tundra. @mattavelle1 would certainly approve.

As far as Rallying goes, it's truly insane the lengths these guys will go to win. I think the only other sport that rivals it is the Isle of Man TT in terms of insanity. And yes, it would be both more exciting and terrifying than what we are all currently doing.

For Jeremy Clarkson, James May even said after the fracas that they were all planning on for only another three-year contract and then call it quits, so their days were numbered for Top Gear anyway. It just so happens it ended sooner rather than later. And I think Clarkson was feeling more emotional while he was there, but had difficult expressing it in words. But that's also how Clarkson just is as well. He did his final lap around the track in a Merc, which he absolutely loves, and it was with someone else riding shotgun. I think he enjoyed that more than with the LaFerrari, especially since he could fully thrash it and give it some "POWER!"

Moving on towards the R32 Skyline business, I totally get what he's saying about it having just enough power to have fun, but not so much you are almost afraid to drive it, let alone full throttle. And see, this is why I adore such cars as the Subaru BR-Z(Scion FR-S), or the Honda S2000, the Lotus Elise, or even my beloved Mini. Although, when it comes to the Mini, a little bit more power wouldn't hurt. Don't get me wrong, it's easy to floor it on an on-ramp (or off-ramp. I do both), and it's very easy to drive, but I can't help by wonder how it would be if I put a reduction pulley on it, some colder spark plugs, and an ECU tune. But then again, it might too fast for its own good at that point, and where I have it now with the different exhaust and intake, it's already right around where it should be. But what if?

Now, even with a car such as the Skyline, there are other cars of that era that I think would be just perfectly fine with stock horsepower. The Toyota Supra for example, the Mazda RX-7, or even a Nissan 300zx (I do happen to like the newer 370z as well). Yes, I am mentioning only Japanese cars, but American cars handled horribly back in the day, and there are very few American classic cars post-1980 that I actually like. I would love to own either a Porsche 911SC, or even the classic 993 someday possibly.

I live to dream. :mgrin:

Shoulder

Love my tundra so much we are gonna have another one.

Also I think were gonna get my wife a new car.

This is the one she is lookin at

http://www.wyattjohnsonmazda.com/new/Mazda/2016-Mazda-Mazda6-7fba46be0a0a000277c4308b9b22892c.htm
That looks quite nice, Matty. While I am not a big fan of black cars (keeping them clean is a bitch and a half), that looks like it could suit your wifey's needs. And look at the size of that trunk! You could put three bodies in there...or a bunch of stones. Eitherway, she'll be riding kinda low with that much baggage in the rear...

...the car, not your wife.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
That looks quite nice, Matty. While I am not a big fan of black cars (keeping them clean is a bitch and a half), that looks like it could suit your wifey's needs. And look at the size of that trunk! You could put three bodies in there...or a bunch of stones. Eitherway, she'll be riding kinda low with that much baggage in the rear...

...the car, not your wife.
Rap, lol or like will all fit this post. But I did laugh

EvilTw1n

For the record, this is completely effing spot-on.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/features/a26153/highway-merging-mistakes/

Merging on a highway is usually a mess, but it's not all on the people trying to merge. Everyone blames people trying to get on the highway, but most people already on the highway are no better. The person trying to merge has to gauge their own speed, gauge the speed of people next to them, gauge the speed of people directly (and one or two rows) behind them, has to pick a spot, accelerate more, check that no one is braking in front of them, and maneuver.

And they have to make sure the people on the road aren't being arseholes who refuse to brake a little, speed up a little, or change lanes.
Moving on towards the R32 Skyline business, I totally get what he's saying about it having just enough power to have fun, but not so much you are almost afraid to drive it, let alone full throttle. And see, this is why I adore such cars as the Subaru BR-Z(Scion FR-S), or the Honda S2000, the Lotus Elise, or even my beloved Mini. Although, when it comes to the Mini, a little bit more power wouldn't hurt. Don't get me wrong, it's easy to floor it on an on-ramp (or off-ramp. I do both), and it's very easy to drive, but I can't help by wonder how it would be if I put a reduction pulley on it, some colder spark plugs, and an ECU tune. But then again, it might too fast for its own good at that point, and where I have it now with the different exhaust and intake, it's already right around where it should be. But what if?
Ah, a man after my own heart. The Toybaru twins and the Miata are about the fun of driving. Driving isn't all about how fast you get to 60 mph. If all you want to do is accelerate fast, go to the drag strip. Don't get me wrong, that's fun in its own right, but it's one facet of driving. Every morning I come to work in my beat up Chrysler, I have a turn that everyone takes at about 10-15 mph. Sometimes I take it at 30. Hit the brakes, transfer the weight, settle the car, turn in, aim for the apex, accelerate out. That's fun.

It's also done at legal speeds. Most cars with 300 hp or more (discounting trucks) can't use their power at legal speeds on public roads. You drive those cars at 3/10 of their potential, if that.

That's why, the more I think about that purple Mazda 3, the more it makes sense. It can pretty much use all of its potential on public roads at sane speeds. Plus, I'm no pro driver. I'll run out of talent before that car runs out of ability. What use is there in having a 911 Turbo if you can't drive like Randy Pobst? 95% of drivers can't even exploit a Fiesta ST.
Love my tundra so much we are gonna have another one.

Also I think were gonna get my wife a new car.

This is the one she is lookin at

http://www.wyattjohnsonmazda.com/new/Mazda/2016-Mazda-Mazda6-7fba46be0a0a000277c4308b9b22892c.htm
I'd prefer paddle shifters, at least, but the rest of that is a fine looking car. Just too big for me.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
For the record, this is completely effing spot-on.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/features/a26153/highway-merging-mistakes/

Merging on a highway is usually a mess, but it's not all on the people trying to merge. Everyone blames people trying to get on the highway, but most people already on the highway are no better. The person trying to merge has to gauge their own speed, gauge the speed of people next to them, gauge the speed of people directly (and one or two rows) behind them, has to pick a spot, accelerate more, check that no one is braking in front of them, and maneuver.

And they have to make sure the people on the road aren't being arseholes who refuse to brake a little, speed up a little, or change lanes.

Ah, a man after my own heart. The Toybaru twins and the Miata are about the fun of driving. Driving isn't all about how fast you get to 60 mph. If all you want to do is accelerate fast, go to the drag strip. Don't get me wrong, that's fun in its own right, but it's one facet of driving. Every morning I come to work in my beat up Chrysler, I have a turn that everyone takes at about 10-15 mph. Sometimes I take it at 30. Hit the brakes, transfer the weight, settle the car, turn in, aim for the apex, accelerate out. That's fun.

It's also done at legal speeds. Most cars with 300 hp or more (discounting trucks) can't use their power at legal speeds on public roads. You drive those cars at 3/10 of their potential, if that.

That's why, the more I think about that purple Mazda 3, the more it makes sense. It can pretty much use all of its potential on public roads at sane speeds. Plus, I'm no pro driver. I'll run out of talent before that car runs out of ability. What use is there in having a 911 Turbo if you can't drive like Randy Pobst? 95% of drivers can't even exploit a Fiesta ST.

I'd prefer paddle shifters, at least, but the rest of that is a fine looking car. Just too big for me.
Well..............now she is lookin at Honda sports.......you know

Shoulder

You ever notice how it seems every driver out there thinks they are a good driver, and they think everyone else around them are the bad drivers?

Am I a good driver? Well, that depends. Do I always obey the speed limit? Nope. Do I always use my turn signals? Nope. Do I ever use my cell phone while driving? Yes. Do I always come to a complete stop at a stop sign? Nope. Do sometimes speed through intersections while the light is yellow? Yes.

Now, have I ever been in a car crash? Nope. Do I always look in my mirrors to see what's around me? Yes. Do I observe what's ahead and prepare for it? Yes. Do I watch other drivers around me to make sure I won't get hit by others? Yes. Do I yield to pedestrians in crosswalks? Yes (jay walking does not count). Do I have a clean driving record? Yes. Do I maintain a safe distance behind vehicles (the typical 2-sec gap)? Yes.

The next one here though is hit or miss: Do I use my brakes? When engine braking is not enough, yes. If I don't have to brake in my car, I am not going to apply the brake pedal to slow down. Otherwise, I am only using the brakes for the purposes of letting drivers behind me I am slowing down. Now, you might suggest that this is a good thing, but it is the job of drivers to pay attention to what is around them, including knowing if the car ahead of them is slowing down or not, brake lights or not. My car, and there are others out there that naturally have better engine braking than others.

So am I a good driver? It depends. Those first things I mention might indicate I am not a good driver, but what about the actual skill of your driving? Things such as accident avoidance, emergency braking, driving in rainy or snowy conditions, etc, all require some degree of skill.

And hell, I am not even talking about people maintaining their vehicles, which can contribute to crashes down the road. Bald tires? That's a safety risk in all conditions, not only slippery ones. Bad brakes? Might prevent from avoiding a simple conflict. Washer fluid low? If you have dirty windows, and you can't wipe them clean, you restrict your visibility to see and prepare for conflicts down the road, which might cause you to have a crash. Headlights not working? Sorry, but fog lights only might be ok in foggy conditions, but are not enough when it's dark out. You might be able to see, but what about everyone else around you? They will have a hard time seeing you, so in rainy, foggy, or dark conditions, always have your headlights on. Have snow on your car? brush it ALL off, not just your windshield, including the body panels.

I'm just rambling at this point, but you get the idea.

Shoulder

Damnit. I literally only use Netflix, so I was pulling for that.

Prime does offer a lot, though (especially now with Prime Music). I might have to spend a Benny on it.
Amazon Prime is definitely worth it, considering you get free two day shipping, one free book every month on your Kindle, all his free copies of music you already own, and of course instant video, and other stuff I think. All for 99 bucks a year, which is $8.25/month.

Shoulder

http://gizmodo.com/cops-pose-as-road-workers-to-catch-drivers-checking-the-1721148554

===========================
===========================

EDIT: Anyone ever watch Chris Harris on Cars?

I am not familiar with Chris Harris, so I'll check out that video later on. I'm leaving shortly for dinner as I type this. Oh and that article about cops posing as workers, hey, I've heard of cops posing as homeless people, or regular pedestrians on top of driving old junkers retrofitted with lights and other gear and pulling people over.

I admire their craftiness.

Oh, and small update with the Mini: I received a new Valve cover, as my current one has a slight crack in it (my fault), and just this morning order a new crank pulley (ATI super damper with a new bolt and front main seal), and that should arrive early next week. I'll probably work on those within the next couple weeks.

I am also due for some new rubber as the tread is getting low, so next week I'll order those. Thinking of going with the Brightstone Potenza, as they are greatly priced and have good reviews on Tirerack, especially for a high performance summer tire, which is what I'm looking for.

EvilTw1n

I'm starting to think me and another car is just never meant to happen, man. To wit...

1) The bubbling/boiling sound my car was making, that seemed like it could be a blown head gasket? Broken radiator cap. The sealed cap keeps about 14 pounds of pressure into the system; break the seal and it starts overheating the liquid. Problem solved. Auto shop wanted to put a brand new radiator in, but I said no (car has 206K damn miles on it). Works fine now.

2) Went to test drive a Miata today. This one. Got to the car, opened it up, and everything actually seems OK. No rust, clean engine bay. Then I press on the clutch pedal. About an inch of absolutely nothing, then it engages. Probably just needs an adjustment, not a new clutch, but they wouldn't commit to fixing it first. Then I noticed the convertible latch wouldn't seal. Put the top down, and there's one little piece on the latch that is broken. "You can probably buy a replacement on eBay." (Stellar job, there, trying to sell that car, dealer.) Then it starts raining like hell. Not test driving a leaky roofed car in a shitty storm on roads I don't know that are hilly and slick with an effed up clutch. Bye.
[However, playing around with that car's shifter was a revelation. If you've never driven a manual Miata, do it.]

3) Stopped home, and went to the local Mazda dealer for the hell of it. No Miatas (there was one brand new one in the show room, but it had already been sold; lemme tell you guys, these cars are stunning in person). There was a 2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R there, though. 58K miles, $8K. Not bad. Pop it open, and someone had been busy. There was a freaking Nismo air intake in the thing. I look down and see that someone had outfitted it with huge Brembos. Alright, this needs test driven out of principal. Except that I turn the engine over and it shakes like a bobble head doll because a motor mount must have been completely broken. Not safe to test drive.

I'm about to the point where it's probably worth just buying a junk PCU/ECU, flashing in my VIN, and getting my car to pass emissions that way. So much for vacations and road trips.
That looks fun as hell. I'd tool around in one of those.

Shoulder

Damn, man. That sucks. You talking about this business with your car makes me sad.

And it's interesting you're talking about getting a different car, because I've had similar thoughts. Well, I say similar in the sense of a different car, but I can't give up the Mini though. I just can't. I've owned this thing for nine years, and I'll be damned if I'll get rid of it. It's almost like a marriage between man and machine in perfect harmony. Sure, it has more rattles in the interior than it used to, and it burns oil, and the seat is starting to fall apart, but the right day and the right road, it's perfect.

Now that all being said, I want a Jeep Wrangler. I was going back and forth between other options, but I know I want a Wrangler. I drove one for a little bit that my Dad owned, and I loved that thing. It reminded me of the Mini, but for different reasons. And like the Mini, it's not the most practical car in the world, nor the most reliable, economical, fastest, etc car in the world, but what it does is put a huge smile on your face.

I had this one moment while driving it with the top off, and I had my iPod hooked up with The Who playing "I Can See For Miles." Now Wisconsin isn't exactly known for the most hilly of areas, but on this particular road, I could honestly see for miles. It was almost too perfect. It is those moments why I love cars, and why I love to drive. We all deserve moments like those, including you, ET.

If I continue in this line of work in construction, a Wrangler I will own.

Shoulder

Alright boys here's your first back road.

Thanks or the shoutout, Matt. And you'd be right, I would very much love to experience that road, which is interesting because watching you drive on that road reminded me of the B roads in WI. I shall demonstrate that tomorrow morning when I go for a drive.

I've been aching to hook up my GoPro again. :mthumb:

Shoulder

@mattavelle1 So I got back a little while ago from a short drive, and recorded a small section of road I was on. I should point out the audio quality is shit, absolutely shit. I tried fiddling around with some of the audio in post to dampen the over abundance over low frequencies, so I sort of removed some of that. You can still hear my voice, but it's still rather shit. I'll have the video up this afternoon. I really need to invest in some decent external audio for my GoPro.

BobSilencieux

Well here's a rare and distinguished honour for you guys: I was so intrigued by the TNE Backroads videos that I decided to make one myself! This is actually the first video I've ever made for Youtube (save for the ones that Mariokart 8 made for me) so enjoy it!

Mrs Bob and myself recorded a short drive from the gates of my work down a couple of good old British country lanes. We also chatted some dumb shit while driving so maybe mute the video, idk...