Banned from IGN Articles

the_randomizer

I hope this is okay for me to vent about on here, I know I haven't been as active as I should be, but...I've become much more disenchanted about IGN, within the two past weeks especially. So, I was on IGN articles, I don't remember which one in particular, but it was on the Nintendo/Wii U section's front page. I unfortunately contended a bit with a troll, but me, being the gullible little schmuck that I am, I took the bait and just tore him apart, he kept replying to me. I should have walked away, and simply not replied to him at all, but it's too late. Then, I try to post on another IGN article and get an error message that I've been banned, naturally I was confused, so I tracked down the IGN articles admin, at least one of them and asked him what happened. Well, he treated me like garbage and screwed around, dodging the question as to why I was banned, he simply wouldn't budge, so in my email, I told him off and how he supports the trolls' posts and does nothing to discipline them. I don't know if I'm cursed to forever rise to stupid troll bait, if I have problems with keeping my cool on the internet, I don't know.

Suffice to say, IGN is not the place for me, and aside from a few cool people on those forums, the place is, well, a cesspool of bickering, infighting and name-calling, even to ridiculous extremes, at least, that's how I see it, and I don't know why I visit there as frequently as do, morbid curiosity? Maybe part of me wants to read the comments while my other half does not? Of maybe it's simple self-inflicting Schadenfreude, I may never know. To sum up, I needed to get that off my chest, I hate be treated like a number, or a statistic, tossing my ban appeal aside like a rotting bag of moldy fruit. I apologize this is long, it rubbed me the wrong way. Should I just ditch IGN altogether or only visit there a few times a week?

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I don't understand the IGN comments community. I understand going there for the occasional good article, but the comments section is hardly worth interacting with, in my opinion. It's one of those places where they don't really care to have a discussion, it's more about each person projecting their own opinion out into the ether and casting a shadow on everyone else's at the same time.

So my advice is to not get too bothered by how it works. It's too large to be moderated effectively, and I don't imagine the moderator culture is the kind that wants to serve the community, more the kind that just wants to police it.

the_randomizer

I don't understand the IGN comments community. I understand going there for the occasional good article, but the comments section is hardly worth interacting with, in my opinion. It's one of those places where they don't really care to have a discussion, it's more about each person projecting their own opinion out into the ether and casting a shadow on everyone else's at the same time.

So my advice is to not get too bothered by how it works. It's too large to be moderated effectively, and I don't imagine the moderator culture is the kind that wants to serve the community, more the kind that just wants to police it.
Bleh, I figured as much, I don't know why I even posted on those articles, there's way too much bias and bickering, it ticks me off and I just wish I could turn back the clock. But, all I can do is simply move on, and I hope I was, well, in the right for venting about it, heh.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
IGN these days and its members can be summed up in one quote from Star Wars. Replace Mos Eisley with IGN, and you have this:

(To be fair, the whole of the internet is like this, but let's be specific about it)

the_randomizer

IGN these days and its members can be summed up in one quote from Star Wars. Replace Mos Eisley with IGN, and you have this:

(To be fair, the whole of the internet is like this, but let's be specific about it)
Well said, and aside from a few cool people, for the most part, it is a cesspool of sycophantic trolls and troll sympathizers (troll supporting mods), etc. I apologize once more for not being as active as I should be on here.