Black Knight: Some Questions

Hey guys, this will be my questions thread for some ideas.

I am planing on making a hubworld in a game, but how do I make it fun? I dont want it to be like Hyrule Field in Zelda, since that type of hubworld is unnecessarily large and empty. Do I just make the hubworld a giant action stage too with more exploration to find goodies?

FriedShoes

MLG
Take a look at Darksiders. Your idea kinda sounds like that game, and it sorta has a hub area, pretty small. I dont think you should focus on exploration too much.

I've always found the hub worlds in the Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie to be the most enjoyable.
I found that those overworlds were small enough to be easily navigable while still being large enough to hide a few secrets/unlockables and as a result always felt fun to both explore and simply traverse. I always enjoyed how the characters controlled the same in those hubs as they did in actual levels, so the same techniques and abilities gained/learned in levels were usable to explore/traverse the hubs.

How should the level design be laid out in this game if it is a hack and slash game. Do I just have the level design to have platforming in some sections and beat em up sections that I need to defeat all the enemies before progressing?

How should the level design be laid out in this game if it is a hack and slash game. Do I just have the level design to have platforming in some sections and beat em up sections that I need to defeat all the enemies before progressing?
Well, you just answered your own question. Good ideas dude.
And put in a few bouncy platforms, where you can bounce jump, to higher parts
of the level too.:)