Booze Enthusiast

Tucker

“Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”
Wine drunks are awesome. They're the "fuzziest" drunks for me, where the motor skills are completely screwed, but I don't care, because I'm happy.

Spirits are the other end of the spectrum, the "sharpest" drunks for me. When I'm drunk on whiskey, I'm acutely aware of just how drunk I am.

[Beer is in between those two.]

Yeah, every once in a while it's nice to open up a couple bottles of the cheap stuff and go for it.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
My friends and I were downtown at a local wine bar for Happy Hour last night, and this guy was there going on and on and on about this wine and that wine, to no one in particular, just out loud as if the whole world was and should be listening.

It prompted another discussion of the Wine Snob, the Beer Snob, and the Liquor Snob - for this, we'll call it a Booze Snob. Being a booze snob goes above and beyond having a preference or something particular that they like. This goes into the realm of why theirs is the best, why yours is wrong, and that you don't know enough about said booze to be discussing it.

Finally, some woman who was sitting two seats down from the guy turned to him and said, "Who are you talking to? Because if it's me, I'm not listening because you sound like a douche."
I bought her a glass of wine after that.

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
To kick the discussion back a second, wine is awesome, but it's basically food to me. It's something I only really consume as part of a meal. Not something I drink on its own in any significant quantity while [strike]contemplating world dominati[/strike] hanging out with friends.
Horilka.

Warning:

Consumption in abundance may convert any wedding, holiday festivity, trip to the bar and/or drunk tank, or a random Thursday into to scenes like this...

^ talk about goggles!

(well, at least that's how you'll remember it went down, lol)

Well, I don't like beer so I don't like Canned Beer. Honestly though, alcohol in cans is worse than by draught in my taste. I will enjoy a nice pint of Strongbow for example at a by and by draught. Strongbow in a can? Meh.

Tucker

I always prefer draught, but I don't mind bavarian lagers from the can. Anything heavier and I tend to pour a glass.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I'm also the kind of Wine drinker where I only really drink it with a meal. Whether it's with a steak, or a bag of Doritos, it works regardless.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I've been drinking wine the past 2-3 days. These two were really great for being $6 (one is .75L, the other is 1.5L, about the same price).

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
So while playing MH last night, I got into some Johnnie Walker Black. Good grief, that's awesome stuff. I tend to drink some, remember how amazing it is, then leave it alone for 6 months.

But it's made me want to go try out Double Black, which is supposed to be a lot smokier. Regular Black is actually really even across the board, a very classy whisky, and that kinda goes the whole way up with JW. There's always a little smoke, but when you get up to Gold and Blue, it's not the main event.

Most bourbon has a bit of an oaky flavor to me, not smoky, so the Double Black ought to be really interesting. Don't worry liver, you can take it. ...I think.

Also:

Tucker

Good lord that woman is so beautiful. And then there's that shade of red hair - she's absolutely deadly.

sjmartin79

Christina Hendricks is stunning. And I love that she is not a size 2. Beautiful and curvy.

and yes, Johnny Walker Black is some good stuff.

We were out at a bar this weekend, and the bartender gave me a shot of some honey whiskey. I was a bit under the table and forgot to ask what brand it was. Internet searches proved inconclusive. It was amazing. May have to take a trip back to the bar to ask.

EvilTw1n

Christina Hendricks is stunning. And I love that she is not a size 2. Beautiful and curvy.

IIRC, she sort of bristled at being called either "curvy" or "full figured," which she hears so much that to her it's probably thinly-veiled code for saying "hey, you don't look like the other girls." Nothing against the Keira Knightleys of the world, but I prefer Ms. Hendricks.

My store sells Johnny Walker Red.

...hey, it's something!
Great as a mixer. But honestly, for the price? I'd buy something like White Horse for $20.

Or Teacher's Highland Cream. I think I got @Majorbuddah to buy some awhile back. It really is a bargain, because for the price of a mixer, you also get an eminently sippable scotch.

(...this presents a problem. Do I get JW Double Black next, or Teacher's? Because Teacher's really is worth the cash.)

sjmartin79

IIRC, she sort of bristled at being called either "curvy" or "full figured," which she hears so much that to her it's probably thinly-veiled code for saying "hey, you don't look like the other girls." Nothing against the Keira Knightleys of the world, but I prefer Ms. Hendricks.

...hey, it's something!
Great as a mixer. But honestly, for the price? I'd buy something like White Horse for $20.

Or Teacher's Highland Cream. I think I got @Majorbuddah to buy some awhile back. It really is a bargain, because for the price of a mixer, you also get an eminently sippable scotch.

(...this presents a problem. Do I get JW Double Black next, or Teacher's? Because Teacher's really is worth the cash.)
What does IIRC mean?
and I agree, I think women like Ms. Hendricks are far more beautiful than the Keira Knightleys of the world.

Tucker

...hey, it's something!

To the above: I love women of all shapes and sizes when they follow their natural proportions. Some women are going to be large, some women very petite.
I only don't like it when their natural shape is being denied in favour of something they're told they should be (or a gross neglect for their own health... it goes both ways).

To the below, I also sell Teacher's, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll probably have to give it a go.

sjmartin79

Has anyone ever had Black Vodka?
I just heard about it today on Facebook.

Vodka is my go-to drink, so I was intrigued.

Also, Absolut has a vodka aged in oak barrels. Has anyone tried that?

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
Trying out some St. Arnold Spring Bock and it is quite delicious! I have some supreme pizza rolls to go with them (omg so fat sound gorrgeeeee).
+
=

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I've been drinking wine the past 2-3 days. These two were really great for being $6 (one is .75L, the other is 1.5L, about the same price).
When it comes to Red wine, I only drink Riunite Lambrusco, so good choice. It's not dry at all (something I hate in red wines), and it tastes very good chilled. :)

EvilTw1n

Just bought some Breckenridge Vanilla Porter.

I had tried it awhile back, but at that point, I was just a novice beer drinker. I like it a lot more now. It shouldn't really work. The point of a porter or stout is to have those roasted coffee and chocolate flavors, and this has vanilla on top of it all. Threatens to be too sweet. But it's pretty good. Sort of like a shot of vanilla in your espresso, I guess.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I like that Vanilla Porter myself as well, but I can't drink too much of it on any given night. It does get too sweet after the first couple.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
Just bought some Breckenridge Vanilla Porter.

I had tried it awhile back, but at that point, I was just a novice beer drinker. I like it a lot more now. It shouldn't really work. The point of a porter or stout is to have those roasted coffee and chocolate flavors, and this has vanilla on top of it all. Threatens to be too sweet. But it's pretty good. Sort of like a shot of vanilla in your espresso, I guess.
they've got this on tap at a bar a few towns over called "beer market". i was there a few weeks ago and my buddy rob talked me into getting a pint of it.
absolutely fucking delicious.
but like juegos said, i wouldn't want more than one or two. it's very rich. but yeah, very good. probably my favorite desert beer even though i've only had it once.

EvilTw1n

(Bruges enthusiast?)

@juegosmajicos
@Majorbuddah
If you guys want a hell of a dessert beer, try DuClaw's Sweet Baby Jesus. "Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter." Somehow, it ends up tasting really damn good.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
(Bruges enthusiast?)

@juegosmajicos
@Majorbuddah
If you guys want a hell of a dessert beer, try DuClaw's Sweet Baby Jesus. "Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter." Somehow, it ends up tasting really damn good.
i'll keep an eye out.

Tucker

This stuff is evil. It's the devil you don't see coming...
It's so damn delicious that one minute you're drinking, and the next you're hung over.
I think I would best describe it as having the consistency of Amaretto,but it's... creamy tasting - like cream and butterscotch, but also whiskey.

Tucker

ugh, don't drink straight liqueur man. you're doing it wrong.
This stuff is supposed to be sipped at room temperature, besides it's not something that will be in any drink recipes because it's completely unique.
And you're supposed to drink Amaretto slightly warmed like brandy when not used as part of a recipe. Don't start with me, bruh :p

sjmartin79

I prefer whiskey/bourbon straight, no mixers too. There's some things that just don't work a cocktail and must be appreciated on their own.