Bullshit Insider is giving you bad advice about your Wii U....

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....

http://www.businessinsider.com/now-is-the-time-to-sell-your-wii-u-2016-4

"So, yes, despite the great times we've all had with "Splatoon" and "Super Mario 3D World" and "Mario Kart 8" and whatever other games you hold dear on the Wii U, now is the time to sell your Wii U. My local GameStop is taking the more common 32GB model for $100 in store credit or $80 in cash, and those numbers are only going to drop as we inch closer to a new Nintendo game console."

Is this guy a fucking moron...? Is he paid by Gamestop to post this bullshit...?

Nintendo is rumored to be stopping production of the Wii U this year....

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/23/nintendo-to-end-wii-u-production-report.html

And even though that was debinked....

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/23/11289948/nintendo-cancels-wii-u-nx-mobile

I see it as Ninetndo playing damage control, because if they reveal that Wii U is stopping production, the Nintendoom will grow even more than it already has just since the NX/ZeldU news the other day....

*Thanks for reminding me @FriedShoes*

Not only do we know for a FACT that Nintendo games are some of the rarest and most pricy in terms of value, but we also know how well their products appriciate in value over the course of time....

You know what that means...?

That means with the Wii U having sold so little, and them stopping production, the Wii U will eventually become a rare console to aquire....

Not only the console, but the games as well....

In the future, like maybe two years, it may be very difficult to find a Wii U should you ever want to get one....

5 years down the road, even more so, and then even if you find them, there is no telling how much people will be trying to sell them for....

Why the hell do you think Gamestop and this guy want you to trade it in for a measly $100 store credit...?

What do you think Gamestop is gonna do with all those traded in Wii U's...?

http://www.destructoid.com/gamestop-opens-up-sales-for-retro-classics--294663.phtml

That's right....

Sell em back to your ass at an infllated price once they become rare in a few years, just like everything else rare that is Nintendo....

And they will turn right around and sell it for twice that to the next guy looking to get one eventually all the way up until that point....

Don't be stupid.... Keep your Wii U.... I have a feeling it's going to be one of those hardcore Nintendo consoles that is difficult to come by in the coming years....

In fact, don't trade anything at Gamestop....

I mean, even if you are that intent on selling it now, sell it on your own....

Don't get ripped off by Gamestop because some guy at Buisness Insider who is getting paid off told you Nintendoom and the sky is falling....

Your Wii U will eventually be worth much more than a measly $100 bucks in store credit....

You're welcome....

EDIT: @81jono81 Pointed out to me just now, What if NX isn't backwards compatible with Wii U games...?

Selling your Wii U might cut you off from ever playing Wii U games again....

Another reason to keep it!

Last edited:

FriedShoes

MLG
I'm pretty sure the "cease production" rumor has been debunked, I believe the updated date is now sometime in 2018. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Either way, would never sell any console, unless it breaks on me, like I did 2 360s.
I havent counted but I have probably over 20 Wii U games I find very enjoyable and well over 1 or 2 thousand hours on the thing.
Going by what I can infer from NX rumors, it wont be backwards compatible. So dropping the console means not being able to play those games. Dumb move.

And selling it for 80 or so bucks? lol no.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I'm pretty sure the "cease production" rumor has been debunked, I believe the updated date is now sometime in 2018. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Either way, would never sell any console, unless it breaks on me, like I did 2 360s.
I havent counted but I have probably over 20 Wii U games I find very enjoyable and well over 1 or 2 thousand hours on the thing.
Going by what I can infer from NX rumors, it wont be backwards compatible. So dropping the console means not being able to play those games. Dumb move.

And selling it for 80 or so bucks? lol no.
http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/23/11289948/nintendo-cancels-wii-u-nx-mobile

"According to a translation by Kotaku, a Nintendo spokesperson told IT Media, "This isn't an announcement from our company. From the next quarter and thereafter as well, production is scheduled to continue."

I see this as damage control.... The moment Nintendo says it's stopping production.... The Nintendoom will be even greater than it is now....

But you are right, they did debunk it....

81jono81

Yeah, I'm keeping mine. I doubt NX will have a controller like the gamepad, and so wont be backwards compatible, and I dont wanna rebuy all the games I own if they do ports (and they might not port everything anyways). Selling it would be stupid for all sorts of reasons.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Yeah, I'm keeping mine. I doubt NX will have a controller like the gamepad, and so wont be backwards compatible, and I dont wanna rebuy all the games I own if they do ports (and they might not port everything anyways). Selling it would be stupid for all sorts of reasons.
This is another good point I missed.... What if NX isn't backwards compatible...?

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
Yes I have no reason to sell my system, it's not like I'm going stop playing favorites just cause a new system is out. I don't like selling games just cause they're old. I don't generally resell a game unless I regret having bought it. "usually meant I disliked it"

And I'd ESPECIALLY not sell it to gamestop in the first place if i had to.