Calling All Authors!

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
I am very sure there are some people here who have written some sort of fiction. So here is a little place I decided to make, since personally I love reading other people's story. So if any of you have any written stories you would like to share with the public, then here is a place for you to post them. If you allow it on your story, people in this thread can give you honest advice on how to improve :D

Anyway, looking forward to reading all of your stories!

Tucker

“Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”
It's been a long time since I created rather than commentated, but the last time I did I was doing instrumental compositions.

Tucker

It's been a long time since I created rather than commentated, but the last time I did I was doing instrumental compositions.

Which instrument?
No no no no, you misunderstand. Compositions, as in all parts. I have one I finished and another one that just needed a guitarist to consult rendered out using midi.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Ah, the ideas are all there. It's just a matter of getting them out. I've had an idea for a novella-ish length story in my head, but I just can't ever get it out. I'm thinking of taking a week off of work and going on sensory deprivation. Nothing but writing, for as long as I can stand it.

Besides being an editor for the site I do like writing in general. I want to write comics, but I suck at art and need an artist to help (i.e. do). I also want to write video game stories, but I'd prefer to do comics. I got an idea in my head, but like i said, I can't draw very well.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
Ah, the ideas are all there. It's just a matter of getting them out. I've had an idea for a novella-ish length story in my head, but I just can't ever get it out. I'm thinking of taking a week off of work and going on sensory deprivation. Nothing but writing, for as long as I can stand it.
I am looking forward to reading some of that! :D
Anyway. I would post some of my stories here (I have a lot, especially a monster that I have been working on for 3 years). But I will only post them if anyone is interested. I have been toying around with a darker turn to Zelda, just a little fanfic that I am doing my best not to make crappy like most other fanfics are. Like the war that happened before Ocarina of Time and what Zelda went through during Link's quest. If anyone is interested in that one I will post it up!
I would love to read some of you guys' stories though, my english teacher has been making us read classics like Romeo and Juliet and Dracula and I have forgotten what modern storytelling looks like.

Tucker

Here's the thing about fanfics: they're all crappy. It doesn't matter how well you execute it, it will still be unofficial, and therefore not worth anybody's time.
Nothing personal, but it would be no different than my creating a band that sounds like Linkin Park called "Lincoln Park". Nobody would care.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
Ah come on, no need to be so mean about it. I personally believe that there is potential in then. Wattpad runs mainly on fanfics, and I have seen some good tumblr ones. I think there is even a fan made project to expand the portal universe as a game. Also there is a difference between fan fictions and being a straight up rip off ^_^

Tucker

Regardless, I wasn't trying to be mean, I was more expressing that there's a very particular type of person that reads fanfics. That person is not me - ever.
Seriously, it's nothing personal. I don't care if it's better written than the original material - it's not word of god, therefore It's just a no.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
(shrug) I think there is potential in fan fics. They just shouldn't be written in two seconds with a cheesy storyline like most of them are.

Ahhh, no one has posted a story yet :( really want to read some. I guess here is my (nonfanfic ) one: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EGeTV0mfAapvDRwS_b2OYIRl_1cqITXJwam1JL0HDso/I will begin asking around for stories to post up here, I read this really good one the other day, I need to ask the author for permision if I could post it up here. Her story is some sort of science fiction drama and was really good.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
If anyone is interested, a friend of mine just wrote this on self publishing:
http://valnon.tumblr.com/post/75596518817/the-valnon-org-guide-to-self-publishing

Ah come on, no need to be so mean about it. I personally believe that there is potential in then. Wattpad runs mainly on fanfics, and I have seen some good tumblr ones. I think there is even a fan made project to expand the portal universe as a game. Also there is a difference between fan fictions and being a straight up rip off ^_^
This.

Something being "official" or not isn't my concern. There's more well written, well developed writing in Star Wars fanfic than anything George Lucas has ever done (of course, there's also more het/slash than George Lucas has ever thought about, but still). Writing is writing, and that means 90% of it will be crap. 95% of what I write is crap. So if someone throws a draft of something out online, it should be treated as such, IMO.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
I don't write much, but I do find it therapeutic at times. I usually like to write about my own life experiences, since I've always found truth to be far more interesting than fiction. Here's a (very) short story I shared with the CT over at IGN a while back. It's a bit personal, but it means a lot to me. It's about my childhood, before I moved to Chicago.

Here it is:

i'm probably only writing this because it's late, and i've been drinking, but i was abused as a child.

when i was 12 years old, i lived with an abusive aunt and uncle. we lived on a farm, but there weren't really any animals, just fields. one day in the summer, my uncle went out to the neighbor's ranch, and he comes back with this filthy ass horse. he said it was bred from some stallion who had won a number of races years back. my aunt loved it for some reason, and since it was all muddy she named her "Dirty". whatever. so since i'd been living with them in the country for a few years, i wanted to learn how to ride the horse, but they always said i was too young, and that if they ever caught me they would "beat the living shit out of me". i knew they meant it because they had done it before. so a few days later, i was messing around with this old tractor tire i'd found, and Dirty was there next to me just eating some grass and shit. i could see my aunt or uncle come out every couple of minutes to make sure i'm not trying to ride their horse. so anyways, i started to get bored, and climbed inside the tractor tire. then the tire started moving because the field wasn't flat. i was only 12 years old and i couldn't stop. as i started going down the hill, my aunt and uncle came outside to check on me. they see me rollin'. they hatin'. patrolling, tryna catch me riding Dirty.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
@Majorbuddah damn dude, I wish I hadn't recognized that story so I could experience it for the first time again.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I once wrote a one minute play about God accidently killing Heath Ledger when he was trying to kill Britney Spears. I should update that now with Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Justin Bieber I suppose. :-?