Change one thing about a game.

Koenig

The Architect
If you could change just one thing about any game you have played that you think would make it better. What would it be, and why would you change or implement it?

Please list the title of the game you have in mind, followed by the change you would implement and why you think it would improve the game.

This is a little thought experiment I have been meaning to share with this community for a while.

Koenig

The Architect
-The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Allow the player to toggle the Pro Hud (And Hearts) on and off with only the press of a button.

The game is so much more beautiful with all of the hud and other clutter turned off, however the information that is turned off in the process is also extremely helpful. If it were possibly to easily swap between the two huds without having to pause the game and fiddle with the menu, it would make the game all the more immersive.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

When picking up items when starting a play session, the game should NOT pause in the middle of everything so Link can hold up said item and admire it to all its glory, and tell you what it is...even though you have 40 of them already.

The game does this every time you start a new play session, and it is the single worst thing about Skyward Sword. I would get rid of that, so it's more like Wind Waker, or even BotW when picking up items. God, that drives me up the fucking wall in SS.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

When picking up items when starting a play session, the game should NOT pause in the middle of everything so Link can hold up said item and admire it to all its glory, and tell you what it is...even though you have 40 of them already.

The game does this every time you start a new play session, and it is the single worst thing about Skyward Sword. I would get rid of that, so it's more like Wind Waker, or even BotW when picking up items. God, that drives me up the fucking wall in SS.
Skyward is built on annoying shit. I would also cut Fi's dialogue by roughly 98%

GaemzDood

And yet, I still love Skyward Sword.

#flamesuitengaged
I like everything about it, but one thing my friend (who's a hardcore Zelda fan) and I agree on is that the Skyward Strike and general abuse of motion controls is annoying, though that they work great for the combat. Also, the shield mechanic sucks.

Koenig

The Architect
* shoves skyward sword back into Pandora's Box *

Stay on topic gentlemen, otherwise this conversation might never end. :mfancy:

Odo

Pikmin 3

That difficult spike when Olimar screws up everything and you have to deal with that super hard boss.

I just lost all my excitement about Pikmin 3 after that. I was so cross when Olimar did that. The game was doing fine until that.

Koenig

The Architect
Super Smash Bros (4)

I Would change it so that all characters shield's would regenerate at roughly 1/2 the speed they do right now.

At current, shields regenerate so quickly that it is almost impossible to break someones shield unless you have moves that deal extra damage against them, as any damage you do deal to them is usually regenerated before you can follow through to shatter it.

Koenig

The Architect
Metroid: Other M.

Let the player use the Wii remote AND nunchuck configuration, with all the controller shortcuts that come with it. Most notable of which being a dedicated dodge button and the ability to shoot missiles while in third person.

Although I still think that Other M's biggest problem is its story, mechanically I feel that this change would make the game much more playable than the base version.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Metroid: Other M.

Let the player use the Wii remote AND nunchuck configuration, with all the controller shortcuts that come with it. Most notable of which being a dedicated dodge button and the ability to shoot missiles while in third person.

Although I still think that Other M's biggest problem is its story, mechanically I feel that this change would make the game much more playable than the base version.
I can do one better: Samus doesn't speak, and then the fundamentals of the story change as a result.