Did Microsoft just do what Nintendo was too afraid to do?

According to threads all over this site, the price of the X1 is dropping like Nintendos stock price.

After the 3DS price incident, Nintendo seemed to lose its nerve and
left the Wii U price alone. But Microsoft saw a problem and fixed it. Is
it that simple?

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Actually, the price of the Xbone is dropping like your thread credibility.

*boom* (goes the dynamite)

FYI - Nintendo's stock price is stable/growing. Thanks for playing.

Tucker

“Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”
Yeah, I'm normally happy to see a post that isn't just taking the piss out of Microsoft for a lark, but this is reading as lacking in credibility.

When did Microsoft drop the price of the Xbox One globally tho? And Nintendo did drop the price of the Wii U and, as predicted, it didn't work. Free turd is still a turd. Price drops should only happen right as you're about to pick up the slack in game releases.

Come Tapatalk at me, bro.

Tucker

When did Microsoft drop the price of the Xbox One globally tho? And Nintendo did drop the price of the Wii U and, as predicted, it didn't work. Free turd is still a turd. Price drops should only happen right as you're about to pick up the slack in game releases.

I'd own a PS4 and Xbox One if they were free.

...they're just not free is all. I'd rather drop the bones on a U.

I'd own a PS4 and Xbox One if they were free.

...they're just not free is all. I'd rather drop the bones on a U.
Free turd is still a turd: $0 Xbox One is still an Xbox One

The idea is to create a product so good that the price is justified, not a product so bad that it'd have to be free before people considered it :p

Tucker

Free turd is still a turd: $0 Xbox One is still an Xbox One

The idea is to create a product so good that the price is justified, not a product so bad that it'd have to be free before people considered it :p
Lol, the Xbox One isn't a turd, it's jut not worth the asking price. IMO, neither is the PS4.

Lol, the Xbox One isn't a turd, it's jut not worth the asking price. IMO, neither is the PS4.
Neither do I, but that's only because it lacks exclusive features I don't already benefit from. X1 and PS4 rank up on my purchase priority list if it possess key software, like if they all of a sudden got really good exclusive RTS, TBS, Simulation, or Sandbox games rather than just the typical action-adventure or shooter games.

Tucker

Once the PS4 drops in price, I'll buy. But I would never buy an XB1.
You'll eat those words if Sony shuts down all their first party studios and Microsoft picks up the talent. Sure the PS4 is more powerful on paper, but the XBO is not a bad machine (once devs get to grips with some of its oddities). This generation is really going to come down to who has the best exclusive software deals because just about every 3rd party game is going to see a PC release, which makes the question of which console is more powerful largely moot.

riotmaker

large signature lol
You'll eat those words if Sony shuts down all their first party studios and Microsoft picks up the talent. Sure the PS4 is more powerful on paper, but the XBO is not a bad machine (once devs get to grips with some of its oddities). This generation is really going to come down to who has the best exclusive software deals because just about every 3rd party game is going to see a PC release, which makes the question of which console is more powerful largely moot.
That's a big "if."

I'm not a big online gamer. I'd be buying mostly single player games, and don't really see such series like Fallout or Grand Theft Auto becoming "Microsoft exclusives."

I too value a good single player experience over a good multi-player experience. Despite how good games like Titanfall turn out, sometimes I just want to have a session by myself. I hope future multiplayer games can accomplish both modes.

Tucker

That's a big "if."

I'm not a big online gamer. I'd be buying mostly single player games, and don't really see such series like Fallout or Grand Theft Auto becoming "Microsoft exclusives."
I don't see why you wouldn't just play those games on PC. There's going to be no excuse in the future for studios not to run PC ports because of the nature of Gen.8 architecture. It would literally be only a marketing decision, as there would be very little business sense in cutting out part of your player base when there's very little cost in the actual port.

riotmaker

large signature lol
I don't see why you wouldn't just play those games on PC. There's going to be no excuse in the future for studios not to run PC ports because of the nature of Gen.8 architecture. It would literally be only a marketing decision, as there would be very little business sense in cutting out part of your player base when there's very little cost in the actual port.
Because my PC isn't a gaming PC?

GaemzDood

The Xbox One is anything but a turd.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
but it plays ALL those games you can't get on wii u... being a wii u only gamer for the next 5-6 years is going to be an extremely limited experience.

i'll never understand the haters.
I don't care about "those" games tho. There not killer for me. MK8 and the like, thOss types of games I can't live without ever. Nintendo is truely the only gaming experience I can't go without. So for me anything else we get is literally a bonus.

But that's me tho

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
I don't care about "those" games tho. There not killer for me. MK8 and the like, thOss types of games I can't live without ever. Nintendo is truely the only gaming experience I can't go without. So for me anything else we get is literally a bonus.

But that's me tho
i don't get how you can dump a hundred hours into call of duty, and not care about halo. or how you can play tons of NFS and not care about forza. these are better versions of games that you clearly enjoy. i'm sure you've put more hours into those games than anything else on wii u..

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
i don't get how you can dump a hundred hours into call of duty, and not care about halo. or how you can play tons of NFS and not care about forza. these are better versions of games that you clearly enjoy. i'm sure you've put more hours into those games than anything else on wii u..
See what you don't get is I'm cool with having CoD and NFS. I don't have to compare them to other games, there what I got and I play the piss outta them without ever wondering or caring "you know what there might just be another racing game out there better". Those thoughts never cross my mind. Because I totally cool being WiiU only. I'm content and I have a ton of people aroun here to enjoy those types of games with aswell. For me there is nothing more that I could want for.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
See what you don't get is I'm cool with having CoD and NFS. I don't have to compare them to other games, there what I got and I play the piss outta them without ever wondering or caring "you know what there might just be another racing game out there better". Those thoughts never cross my mind. Because I totally cool being WiiU only. I'm content and I have a ton of people aroun here to enjoy those types of games with aswell. For me there is nothing more that I could want for.

yeah.. but...

I WANT IT ALL