Did you ever own a Sega system?

Menashe

The only one I ever owned was a Sega CD and I really enjoyed it. However, I used to play a ton of Sonic on my friend's Genesis. If I could have gone back and owned a Sega console I would have loved to own a Dreamcast. I still really badly want to play Shenmue.

Ex-Actarus

Oh YES !

Before becoming a Nintendo fan, I was a die hard Sega fan !

I had a Master system 2 and I loved it so much for games like Sagaia ( one of the best shoot em up EVER ) and Alex Kid in the Miracle world.

But one day, I was at a cousin house and he had a Nes ( with ikari Warriors and Life Force ), that day something in me was telling me that maybe... Sega wasn't the best thing outhere. but I kept my Master System.

Then, the SNES came out and everybody at school was talking about that Street Fighter game. Few years later I had a SNES ( I had an Amiga 500 in the meantime ) with Super Mario World... And I was a Nintendo fan FOREVER since then. the SNES is the best console of all time for me.

Still.

I had other Sega systems : the Megadrive ( Genesis for US ), the Game Gear and the Saturn.

I never had a Dreamcast, a 32X or a Sega CD though.

My favourite Sega game will probably remain Sonic 2.

Aki

I owned a Sega Genesis and I still own my Dreamcast.

I enjoyed Sega systems. I would definitely buy another one if it were to come out

DarkKevit

That old bloke from Crete...
"Ex-Actarus" wrote: Oh YES !

Before becoming a Nintendo fan, I was a die hard Sega fan !

I had a Master system 2 and I loved it so much for games like Sagaia ( one of the best shoot em up EVER ) and Alex Kid in the Miracle world.

But one day, I was at a cousin house and he had a Nes ( with ikari Warriors and Life Force ), that day something in me was telling me that maybe... Sega wasn't the best thing outhere. but I kept my Master System.

Then, the SNES came out and everybody at school was talking about that Street Fighter game. Few years later I had a SNES ( I had an Amiga 500 in the meantime ) with Super Mario World... And I was a Nintendo fan FOREVER since then. the SNES is the best console of all time for me.

Still.

I had other Sega systems : the Megadrive ( Genesis for US ), the Game Gear and the Saturn.

I never had a Dreamcast, a 32X or a Sega CD though.

My favourite Sega game will probably remain Sonic 2.
This very similar to me.
I too was a Sega fan and had a Megadrive, and was on the Sega side in the Sega v Nintendo wars. I also had Amigas, both a 500 and a 600 with a massive 20MB HDD. I lost many hours of my life to Sensible Soccer alone. Good times, it was all about the games then, not how many numbers your console will push.

nerdman

pig's gotta fly
I owned a Genesis and a Dreamcast.

I never actually owned a NES, but my brother-in-law let me borrow his for months and I played the shit out it. The SNES and Genesis were my first consoles that belonged to me. Oddly enough, I was never apart of the system wars back then with "Sega does what Nintendon't" and "SEGAY".

Prboably why I hate console wars today.

By the time I could afford multiple consoles they were out of the console business. I do remember having a lot of fun with the Sega Genesis while visiting friends though.

AniGamer

TNE Clan Owner
I currently own a SEGA Genesis and a SEGA GameGear, also a SEGA Genesis Remake official system. I plan on getting a SEGA Nomad soon. I also own a few DreamCast games, and will be picking up a DreamCast when I am able to work again.

Besides owning a gamecube, and (a gameboy which stopped working), I own a dreamcast since 2000. It has alot of cool games, alot of rare gems like Powerstone 1 and 2, it has deep fighting games like Virtua Fighter 3tb, 2d fighting games like MvC1 and 2, and it also has the Soul Calibur game, known to be the best and deepest Soul Calibur game in the entire series. Definitely a good console to check out.

Last edited: