Doritos Enthusiast

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
I tried some of the Chile Limon Doritos yesterday.

Legit heat on those. Properly hot. But there's no other taste to mix it with, no cheese, nothing save for a little lime. So it's kind of like pouring hot sauce on a plain tortilla. Meh.
was planning on doing a new dorito review today, and chile limon is one of the ones they got at my store. glad i can write that one off haha

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
^
What's funny is that I only tried them because of this thread. It's becoming a community project.

BTW, you guys may love 'em. I'm not a fan, but if you do like really spicy stuff, perhaps you'll feel differently.
(But they're also just weird, because they're really, really red. With regular Doritos, you end up with cheesy dust on your fingertips. With Chile Limon, you end up with this caked-on red material.)

Tangy cheese?? What kind of cheese is tangy? What's the tangy part supposed to be? I'm interested.
All you need to know is, it's orgasmically delicious. That's right, orgasmically.
i definitely need to know more than that. give us the sweet sweet details man
Well basically, the Doritos. They are cheese flavoured and this cheese, it be tangy. And orgasmic.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
whoa repo i think we have the same table

so these are actually pretty good! they taste basically like a spicier version of regular doritos. plus the aerodynamic tube-shaped design really makes them easier to eat (we've all been in that situation where a dorito is too big to eat in one bite). after my experience with the FLAMAS doritos, i was really expecting a more intense flavor, but these guys were actually kind of mild for a product with such explosive packaging. but tasty none the less. i think i prefer them to the nacho cheese. and that says a lot.
overall, wouldfuckwiththisshitagain/10

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
@Majorbuddah While a suave table no doubt, I cannot lay claim to it, it's just a random pic I found online.

I recently found out we have Dill Pickle Doritos in Canada. I don't know what to even think of that.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
whoa repo i think we have the same table

so these are actually pretty good! they taste basically like a spicier version of regular doritos. plus the aerodynamic tube-shaped design really makes them easier to eat (we've all been in that situation where a dorito is too big to eat in one bite). after my experience with the FLAMAS doritos, i was really expecting a more intense flavor, but these guys were actually kind of mild for a product with such explosive packaging. but tasty none the less. i think i prefer them to the nacho cheese. and that says a lot.
overall, wouldfuckwiththisshitagain/10
I've got to find these and try them for sure.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Oh man, in Mexico and South Texas we have a whole selection of tube-like chips, like those Doritos dinamita. They're all freaking spicy, mostly a bit limey, but there's weird shit like guacamole.

From left to right, that's guacamole, crunchy fajita, fuego (spicy and limey), and nitro (even spicier and limier). There are other kinds as well.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
Oh man, in Mexico and South Texas we have a whole selection of tube-like chips, like those Doritos dinamita. They're all freaking spicy, mostly a bit limey, but there's weird shit like guacamole.
From left to right, that's guacamole, crunchy fajita, fuego (spicy and limey), and nitro (even spicier and limier). There are other kinds as well.
yeah those are pretty good. i've tried a bag before and liked em a lot.

doritos has a guacamole flavor that's awesome, but it's basically impossible to find. they had it in the vending machines when i was in high school, but i haven't seen them in the wild since then.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear

Damn, wish we could get these in the midwest...or can we? =P~

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite

Damn, wish we could get these in the midwest...or can we? =P~
they're commonly available in chicago

You gad damn North Americans and all yo flavours!
Plus I see no Dorito Selfies!

Doesn't Walkers chips have a variety of different flavors though?
*Crisps
They do have a lot of flavours, but they ain't no Doritos and sure as hell don't have that many US Doritos flavours :p

Tucker

“Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”
You gad damn North Americans and all yo flavours!
Plus I see no Dorito Selfies!

Doesn't Walkers chips have a variety of different flavors though?
*Crisps
They do have a lot of flavours, but they ain't no Doritos and sure as hell don't have that many US Doritos flavours :p
Chips are fried and served with vinegar :p

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
i'm more excited for pickle doritos impressions than dark souls 2 impressions... can't wait to hear if they're as intense as the packaging promises...

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
Won't be playing Dark Souls 2 until this evening, so you're safe on that front.
As for the Dill Pickle Doritos...

I don't know if Dill Pickle flavoured potato chips ("crisps", for you Limeys), or seasoning (ie on popcorn) is a thing outside of Canada, but it's pretty big here. If you've tried Dill Pickle chips before, you know the flavour coating you're dealing with. It's that exactly. If you've never tried Dill Pickle chips before, the best description I can give you is that it's like Salt & Vinegar chips mixed with dill. So how intense is this version? Not especially. You get a strong sharp flavour at first, but it burns out in a flash and then you're left munching on Doritos' sub-standard corn chips like so much cardboard (these ones might even be blander, I couldn't tell - but regardless, there's a reason Doritos doesn't sell un-seasoned corn chips).

Verdict:
If you like Dill Pickle seasoning, or you're curious to try Dill Pickle seasoning for the first time, you're probably better off eating Dill Pickle potato chips, which generally carry the flavour better. That said, if you really love Doritos underlying chip, and a short burst of flavour is all you're asking for - maybe this will float your boat. If you don't like Dill Pickle seasoning, you won't like these. This was a novelty 'one and done' for me.

nerdman

pig's gotta fly

Won't be playing Dark Souls 2 until this evening, so you're safe on that front.

As for the Dill Pickle Doritos...

I don't know if Dill Pickle flavoured potato chips ("crisps", for you Limeys), or seasoning (ie on popcorn) is a thing outside of Canada, but it's pretty big here. If you've tried Dill Pickle chips before, you know the flavour coating you're dealing with. It's that exactly. If you've never tried Dill Pickle chips before, the best description I can give you is that it's like Salt & Vinegar chips mixed with dill. So how intense is this version? Not especially. You get a strong sharp flavour at first, but it burns out in a flash and then you're left munching on Doritos' sub-standard corn chips like so much cardboard (these ones might even be blander, I couldn't tell - but regardless, there's a reason Doritos doesn't sell un-seasoned corn chips).

Verdict:
If you like Dill Pickle seasoning, or you're curious to try Dill Pickle seasoning for the first time, you're probably better off eating Dill Pickle potato chips, which generally carry the flavour better. That said, if you really love Doritos underlying chip, and a short burst of flavour is all you're asking for - maybe this will float your boat. If you don't like Dill Pickle seasoning, you won't like these. This was a novelty 'one and done' for me.

"There is no thrill in this dill."

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
i know that lays has pickle flavored chips, but i'm not sure if i've seen them in the store or elsewhere. i'm leaning towards the store though. i've never seen anyone eating them though, so they're not very popular. salt and vinegar is a popular flavor though.

speaking of lays, they went nuts and did this last year:

i tried the chicken and waffles flavor. it was thoroughly disgusting. never got around to the other two.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
I had never tried the Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos before, so I decided to give them a roll today.

Because of the name, I expected some BBQ-ish type flavor mixed with some chili and heat. And...that's totally not what these chips are. There's some spicy flavor in there, but not too much. The "sweet" and "chili" are basically all...onion. It's like someone at Frito Lay said "y'know, I really like the taste of the sweet onion chicken Teriyaki at Subway, but I wish I could put it on a tortilla chip and mis-market it to the public."

Not bad, really. I liked it more at first, but by the end of the bag, I'm in the "meh" camp.

God damn this thread. I used to eat Doritos like once a year.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
spicy sweet chili is the bomb man. i haven't had it in a long time though. every time i see it, it's that huge family style bag and i just can't do that to myself haha.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
35 Strange Doritos Flavors From Around The World (But Mostly Asia)
Yogurt & Mint? No. Sesame Chicken? YES PLEASE.1. Coconut Curry
[*]

Japan.
2. Wasabi Mayo9" height="757" rel:bf_image_src="/static/enhanced/terminal01/2011/3/23/16/enhanced-buzz-19811-1300911605-43.jpg" style="margin: 4px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; display: block;">
Japan.
[*]3. Tuna Mayo

Japan.
[*]4. Sausage

Japan.
5. Salty

Japan.
6. Cheese & Almond

Japan.
-size: 24px; font-weight: normal; font-family: Georgia;">7. Butter & Soy Sauc
e

Japan.
[*]8. Fried Chicken

Japan.
[*]9. Fondue

Japan.
10. Roe & Mayonnaise

Japan.
11. Steak
p style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 13px; line-height: 1.4em;">Japan.[*]12. Tacos

Japan.
[*]13. Sesame Chicken

Japan.
14. Pizza-La

Japan.
15. Savory Butter

Japan.
16. Teriyaki Chicken
rel:bf_bucket="progload" src="http://s3-ak.buzzfeed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2011/3/23/16/enhanced-buzz-19816-1300912097-38.jpg" width="564" height="761" rel:bf_image_src="/static/enhanced/terminal01/2011/3/23/16/enhanced-buzz-19816-1300912097-38.jpg" style="margin: 4px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; display: block;">
Japan.
[*]17. Garlic

Japan.
[*]18. Winter Crab

Japan.
19. Heart-Shaped

Japan.
20. Yuzu

Japan.
padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; width: 625px; float: left;">21. Fresh Basil And Smoked Fresh Italian Ham

Japan.
[*]22. Italian Seafood

Japan.
[*]23. Winter Cheese

Japan.
24. Rock Taco

China.
25. Olive
ge_src="/static/enhanced/terminal01/2011/3/23/16/enhanced-buzz-19804-1300912474-39.jpg" style="margin: 4px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; display: block;">
France.
[*]26. Stir Fry

China.
[*]27. Cool American

The Netherlands.
28. Yogurt & Mint

Turkey.
29. Tomato & Onion Salad

Turkey.
e: 0px; font-size: 24px; font-weight: normal; font-family: Georgia;">30. Roasted Turkey

Taiwan.
[*]31. Corn Soup

Japan.
[*]32. Tandoori

India.
33. Seaweed

Japan.
34. Crispy Salmon
;">
Japan.
[*]35. ?

Japan.