Drawings

Really? I don't remember that....

I've noticed sometimes for some reason I don't get alerts when people mention me in posts. Not sure whats up with that.

I'll try.

Not sure. I start drawing, put on Mega Man soundtracks, then I look up and it's 9 pm.

If I had to guess, 40-60 minutes. I'm pretty picky with it. Link's face alone took me 20 minutes give or take. Sonic was surprisingly quick (ha!).

So yeah, depends on the drawing, but I'm gonna say an hour each on average.

(I'll time myself for the next one. I'll probably draw that alien for DD or something related to E3, possibly those Splatoon characters)

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
These look good man. Keep it up! You might try playing around with changing the thickness of the inking lines. Here is a little guide on atmospheric inking (or aerial perspective) that is pretty easy to get. http://www.bigtimeattic.com/blog/2007/03/tips-and-tricks-atmospheric-perspective_27.html

If you notice thickness in lines changing as you draw that is because the artist is usually taking atmospheric perspective in to consideration whether it is to make a character emphasized or change the distance a character appears from the viewer.

Thanks! I read over it and I'll try my best to keep it in mind.

Right now though I'm content enough with just character stills, (but I can see the way Sonic is that it would have been helpful). If I ever work my way up to landscapes I'll definitely try this out

This one took 2 hours-ish:

Thought it was a good attempt at making the lines darker as the characters got closer. I think I did a pretty good job with that aspect. Super happy with it, minus the detail in Murdoc's face, and Russell is kinda "meh", but not bad for my 7th drawing

Sorta feels good when I'm not shitting on myself

edit: dat quadruple post

@DarkDepths

So I drew that alien thing. It's so laugably bad it kinda makes me sad. I mean, it's so shitty, not even a mother could love it.

I'm talking about some rancid shit here

If you really wanna see it I can post it, but phew, disgusting.

And I mean like, Kindergarten kids can draw better.....but that's part of the joke :p

You've almost made it impossible for me not to ask to see it!
putting it in a spoiler

I honestly feel a bit bad. You asked me for something and came up with that ^.

Truth is, all my drawings I google an image and draw from it, I don't think I can really draw from the top of my head, so maybe I'm cheating a little.

Oh well. If you want me to try again I will

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
putting it in a spoiler

I honestly feel a bit bad. You asked me for something and came up with that ^.

Truth is, all my drawings I google an image and draw from it, I don't think I can really draw from the top of my head, so maybe I'm cheating a little.

Oh well. If you want me to try again I will
I'm disappointed. It's not as bad as I was led to believe.

If you want the practice, take a second pass. You have a general form, just try to develop the pieces a bit more. You can look for references for individual parts, by the way. Look at cartoon characters and find some eyes that you like, for example, and use them.

I'm disappointed. It's not as bad as I was led to believe.

If you want the practice, take a second pass. You have a general form, just try to develop the pieces a bit more. You can look for references for individual parts, by the way. Look at cartoon characters and find some eyes that you like, for example, and use them.
Alright, I'll try.

No promises on whether it'll be good or not

TIL: I suck at drawing water

This was my first drawing since Amy and Sawnic up there^. Overall, I don't know how I feel about it. Some of the water looks cool, others don't. I was getting tired towards the end, so the colour is upsetting me, but it's okay.

Hmmmm

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Any tips for drawing spiky hair quickly and easily?
I'm going to say do like Costello Stone LLC and come up with patterns in your head for how you like the spiky hair. Could as simple as alternating between long and short strokes, and then changing it up to your taste from there.

I don't know why I thought of a parallel between masonry and drawing Goku hair, but there you go.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'm going to say do like Costello Stone LLC and come up with patterns in your head for how you like the spiky hair. Could as simple as alternating between long and short strokes, and then changing it up to your taste from there.

I don't know why I thought of a parallel between masonry and drawing Goku hair, but there you go.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh I like this line of thinking!:mthumb: