E3 2015, biggest E3 ever ? Possibly...

Ex-Actarus

Ok E3 is here. The show will start on Wednesday and before that we have 3 days packed with conferences. But even if E3 has yet to open its door and the big conference have yet to start, we can say one thing for sure : this is one of the biggest E3 EVER !

We will see the first gameplay of highly anticipated games ( already revealed last year ) such as Starfox, Halo 5, Star Wars Battlefront, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Mirror Edge Catalyst, Doom, Forza 6, Just Cause 3, Crackdown, Need for Speed, etc.

But that's not all, we will see more details on recently announced ( or leaked ) heavyweight such as Fire Emblen If, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3, Titanfall 2, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Transformers Devastation, Yokai Watch 3, X-Com 2, Star Ocean 5, Lego Dimensions, Gear of War Remasters, Dishonored 2, etc.

All those titles would already makes E3 2015 one of the best ever, but we have rumors of incredible announcements such as the next Retro Game, th next Rare games ( Battletoads ? ), the Last Guardian, Shenmue 3 or the next Chrono title. Could you imagine the reaction if one of these games was indeed revealed ?

And we're not done yet...

There is still possibility for other huge announcements such as a new Metroid game, Resident Evil 7, the next Read Dead game, the next Battlefield. or the next God of War or any surprise Nintendo game ( afterall nobody saw Splatoon coming ) ?

And we're not even talking about hardware or VR announcements here. So when it's all set and done, E3 2015 could possibly go in videogames history as the biggest E3 ever ( Yes even bigger than E3 2005, 2006 and 2013 ).

Last edited:
I thought Titanfall 2 was confirmed a no show?

I said in the chat yesterday, but I thought yestrday was a solid start.

Smash Direct was short and to the fucking point, like how all directs should be. New stages, characters and tourney mode finally announced....and a bunch of costumes I don't carre about.

NWC, from what I saw, was okay. Nothing spectacular or making me want another one, but it's nice they did this.

Earthbound Beginnings was a nice surprise.

Finally, I think Bethesda had a good show. I got my Dishonoured 2 reveal, and while nothing else was all that surprising, in my opinion it was a nice humble conference. The speakers clearly knew what they were talking about, I could tell they enjoyed games, and besdies Dishonoured, it was nice to see actual gameplay.

If today and tomorrow can be like this, I think E3 2015 could be a great one

Ex-Actarus

A Final Fantasy VII remake and the Last Guardian ? Sony wins E3... EASILY !!!

And maybe Shemnue 3 in the bank as well... WOW !!!

@Odo , RecCore looks dope ! I wish we had some gameplay :(

But man Microsoft are flexing their muscles on the 1st party front : ReCore, Sea of Thieves, Gears 4, MineCraft Halolens and more game to be announcement during Gamescon. Impressive !!!

And man what about Rare Replay ? 30 games for 30 $, that's INSANE !!!

Last edited:

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
So far with the NWC and Microsoft's press conference this E3 has been pretty crazy. Bethesda, while not amazing (for me), was a nice addition as well.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018

Ex-Actarus

EA delivered BIG TIME !
- Mass Effect Andromeda : looks dope !
- Unravel : instant classic, so beautiful ( damned Yoshi didn't see that one coming... ) !
- Need for Speed : looks incredible visually ( I haven't been this excited for a NFS since... Underground ? )!
- Mirror Edge Catalyst : PURE FREE ROAMING ! My favorite game of the show so far !
- Star Wars Battlefront : exactly what I expected, it's going to sell MILLIONS !!!

Probably the best EA show IN YEARS !!!

WOW ! What E3 so far !!!

The majority of EA's conference sucked hard (for me at least), with them spending the majority of the time on stuff probably nobody who watches E3 cares about (Sports, Plants vs. Zombie's, Minions (Seriously wtf?)), but they delivered on Mirror's Edge, NFS, and, I gotta admit, Battlefront looks pretty freaking sweet. Only had a few gripes, but what they showed was enough to get my roommates and I hollering.

Just wish we got more of the stuff we cared about so I'm not quite satisfied with their conference.

Haven't watch all of Microsoft's conference yet, but did anyone see how noticeably bad the effects were (esp. the explosions)? The game looks more like an RPG now, which is a pretty sweet new direction. Overall, I wasn't impressed with the visuals of the game, but if the game turns out to be more of an RPG, I could see myself really getting into it.

Ex-Actarus

I'm loving this E3 sor far !!! So many incredible games. Strong conference all around so far :
- Bethesda : better than expected, Fallout 4 and Doom were simply incredible !
- Microsoft : lots of 1st part content and unexpected hardware announcements ( Elite controller and backward compatibility ).
- EA : very promising reboots for Battlefront, Mirror Edge and Need for Speed.

Can't wait to see Ubisoft and especially Sony, they might drop the biggest E3 bombs of all time : The last Guardian ? Shenmue III ? Final Fantasy VII remake ? It can't be true...

CG trailers have made me jaded, and as such EA's presser was fricking trash throughout. Terribly paced and no gameplay. I dont care much for their franchises either besides NFS, which is still not Underground so pass.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Sony had a pretty good E3, with Final Fantasy VII Remake, Horizon and The Last Guardian being my personal highlights, but why does it have to be filled with so much filler? That and there was almost no mention of the Vita

Still good but I seriously think they should take some notes from Microsoft and Nintendo when it comes to E3 Presentations as half of Sony's conferences are almost always filled with a lot of fluff

Ex-Actarus

Ok here is my Conference breakdown so far :

Betheseda had a great conference thanks to 2 games mainly Fallout 4 and Doom. Dishonored 2 reveal was a great addition, but CG Reveal is a big meh for me.
Score : 7 / 10

Microsoft had a strong showing this E3. Plenty of 1st part content : Halo 5 ( poor showing though ), Rise of the Tomb Raider, Sea of Thieves ( love it ), ReCore ( looks very promising, but CG... ), Gears 4 ( YEEEEEEES ), and Rare collection. And they announced as well backward compatibility. This is HUGE for me. But strangely enough, there wasn't much 3rd party content ( no Black Ops 3 ? ).
Score : 7.5 /10

I don't care about how the conference felt, at the end of the day what matters are games ! And there is no question EA delivered on that front ( can't believe people diss it ). We would be lucky if Nintendo can deliver that much "new" AAA content tomorrow tomorrow... At least I saw new stuff. Yoshi Wooley World, Xenoblade X, Mario Maker ? We saw already tons of that, I want new stuff !!! Yes EA still needs to improve delivery and pacing of its conference, but great games were shown, period.
Score : 8/10

Ubisoft conference was a letdown, because we didn't see many new games. We saw the Division ( so boring... ) for the 3rd straight E3. Come on ! That's just kills the hype for the game. Compare that to Fallout 4 Reveal which will be released this year ! Ghost Recon was cool, but it looks too much like another franchise. I don't see the Ghost Recon feel ( look more like Just Cause or something... ). The only highlight for me was "For Honor". Man those guys at Ubisoft Montreal never disappoint.
Score : 5/10

Sony stole the show. Their press conference will go down in the heart of gamers as one of the best EVER... No even close. The Last Guardian ? Are you serious ? ! It felt unreal !!! Shenmue 3 ? No way !!! Final Fantasy VII Remake ? Impossible ( especially after the troll of the Playsation Experience ). And you had on top the incredible Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Down gameplay. The only letdown was No Man Sky ( again... ). And the leaks killed the surprise in some ways ( what a pity... ). That said, STUNNING and congrats Sony. I hope Nintendo learns from this : give to gamers WHAT THEY WANT ! That's what Sony did today !
Score : 9.8/10

Last edited:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!

Betheseda had a great conference thanks to 2 games mainly Fallout 4 and Doom. Dishonored 2 reveal was a great addition, but CG Reveal is a big meh for me.
Score : 7 / 10

Microsoft had a strong showing this E3. Plenty of 1st part content : Halo 5 ( poor showing though ), Rise of the Tomb Raider, Sea of Thieves ( love it ), ReCore ( looks very promising, but CG... ), Gears 4 ( YEEEEEEES ), and Rare collection. And they announced as well backward compatibility. This is HUGE for me. But strangely enough, there wasn't much 3rd party content ( no Black Ops 3 ? ).
Score : 7.5 /10

I don't care about how the conference felt, at the end of the day what matters are games ! And there is no question EA delivered on that front ( can't believe people diss it ). We would be lucky if Nintendo can deliver that much "new" AAA content tomorrow tomorrow... At least I saw new stuff. Yoshi Wooley World, Xenoblade X, Mario Maker ? We saw already tons of that, I want new stuff !!! Yes EA still needs to improve delivery and pacing of its conference, but great games were shown, period.
Score : 8/10

Ubisoft conference was a letdown, because we didn't see many new games. We saw the Division ( so boring... ) for the 3rd straight E3. Come on ! That's just kills the hype for the game. Compare that to Fallout 4 Reveal which will be released this year ! Ghost Recon was cool, but it looks too much like another franchise. I don't see the Ghost Recon feel ( look more like Just Cause or something... ). The only highlight for me was "For Honor". Man those guys at Ubisoft Montreal never disappoint.

Sony stole the show. Their press conference will go down in the heart of gamers as one of the best EVER... No even close. The Last Guardian ? Are you serious ? ! It felt unreal !!! Shenmue 3 ? No way !!! Final Fantasy VII Remake ? Impossible ( especially after the troll of the Playsation Experience ). And you had on top the incredible Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Down gameplay. The only letdown was No Man Sky ( again... ). And the leaks killed the surprise in some ways ( what a pity... ). That said, STUNNING and congrats Sony. I hope Nintendo learns from this : give to gamers WHAT THEY WANT ! That's what Sony did today !
Score : 9.8/10
Oh Ex..............so far for me this e3 has been a big fat freakin ugh. I expect nothing less from Nintendo today but to follow suit in this "gaming" industry. And you gave Sony almost a 10 for some 15 year old games :mfacepalm:

Oh Ex..............so far for me this e3 has been a big fat freakin ugh. I expect nothing less from Nintendo today but to follow suit in this "gaming" industry. And you gave Sony almost a 10 for some 15 year old games :mfacepalm:

Oh come on. People get excited for different things.

One remake, a long awaited sequel, a game that everyone was dying to hear from for 5 years.

If you don't like it, it's cool. But I think Ex has every right to be excited. I know @LightsaberBlues almost shit himself at Shenmue 3

Odo

So, this is Nintendo stuff announced, confirmed, whatever, so far:

01. Earthbound Beginnings
02. forma 8
03. Freedom Planet
04. Lovely Planet
05. Mutant Mudds Super Challenge
06. Soul Axiom
07. Typoman
08. RIVE
09. Runbow
10. Extreme Exorcism
11. Shantae Half-Genie Hero
12. Stella Glow (Atlus)
13. Blast Ball
14. Just Dance 2016 (Ubisoft)

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Oh come on. People get excited for different things.

One remake, a long awaited sequel, a game that everyone was dying to hear from for 5 years.

If you don't like it, it's cool. But I think Ex has every right to be excited. I know @LightsaberBlues almost shit himself at Shenmue 3
I didn't say anyone didn't have the right, obviously he does or we would have just got rid of his post. I just disagree can I do that?

Watching this e3 for me is like saying "MAN THAT NEW GI JOE MOVIE WILL BE THE GREATEST OF ALL TIMES"!!!!'

Which is ridiculose for me. Ya dig?:mthumb:
I feel like it's all just smoke and mirrors at this point.

Last edited:

Odo

I liked what I saw about The Division, but yeah, it's been around for years and they just can't deliver it.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Seriously what "experience" have they shown at this e3 that's so unique you couldn't go to your local game store and probably find the exact same experience?

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
For the record, by the time the FF7 remake hits, it'll be almost 20 years. :p

But TLG and Shenmue 3 don't count as 15 year old games. TLG went on a Devil's Third-like hiatus in development hell, but you can't really say either of those games are old, as they were never final, released products. Shenmue 3's development? There was no money to fund it (hence the Kickstarter), so it's hard to call a game just now really entering the prime of development old (it was pretty much an idea before).

To each their own, of course. I liked some of what Sony showed off (Horizon has potential) and thought they had a good conference. YMMV.

Things that haven't been great this year?
-More CGI "reveals" (I'd love to know what ReCore would actually play like, just like Scalebound last year)
-"Exclusive beta" (loooooool)
-Stupid, over-long scripted co-op "demos"
-Painful dialog during over-long scripted gameplay
-Pretty much everything Ubisoft did, including...
I liked what I saw about The Division, but yeah, it's been around for years and they just can't deliver it.
It didn't help that it was crowded by other Tom Clancy shooters, which all began to look same-y.
Seriously what "experience" have they shown at this e3 that's so unique you couldn't go to your local game store and probably find the exact same experience?
Well you could go buy a used copy of F-Zero GX, but everyone knows a new game (even if it's the same formula as GX) would be something to be hyped for.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
For the record, by the time the FF7 remake hits, it'll be almost 20 years. :p

But TLG and Shenmue 3 don't count as 15 year old games. TLG went on a Devil's Third-like hiatus in development hell, but you can't really say either of those games are old, as they were never final, released products. Shenmue 3's development? There was no money to fund it (hence the Kickstarter), so it's hard to call a game just now really entering the prime of development old (it was pretty much an idea before).

To each their own, of course. I liked some of what Sony showed off (Horizon has potential) and thought they had a good conference. YMMV.

Things that haven't been great this year?
-More CGI "reveals" (I'd love to know what ReCore would actually play like, just like Scalebound last year)
-"Exclusive beta" (loooooool)
-Stupid, over-long scripted co-op "demos"
-Painful dialog during over-long scripted gameplay
-Pretty much everything Ubisoft did, including...

It didn't help that it was crowded by other Tom Clancy shooters, which all began to look same-y.

Well you could go buy a used copy of F-Zero GX, but everyone knows a new game (even if it's the same formula as GX) would be something to be hyped for.
It's Nintendo so right now I'm probably not gonna be hype for how hard they will fail on F-Zero.

Odo

It's funny that the Ubisoft and PS presenters tried to be cute sometimes and said things like "Oh, that's so sweeeett, I'm dyyiiiing here", but man, only Nintendo presenters know how to do that.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Since I'm at work, I won't be able to watch the Nintendo conference till I get home from work tonight, and in order to keep some surprises, I'll be going on social media blackout in 30 minutes. Super excited for the Nintendo conference. It will be great to see new things as well as more in-depth to things we've already seen.

Have a great afternoon with e3 guys! Here's to more about StarFox and hopefully some F-Zero and Metroid!

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Well...Nintendo's E3 Direct was VERY underwhelming. While I liked what I saw of that co-op Zelda game, Mario & Luigi, and Star Fox, there wasn't really anything else so, all in all, I'd say this E3 was mostly a dud. Not E3 2012 or E3 2008 level bad but still bad

Between the Big 3, it'd be Sony > Microsoft >>> Nintendo

In general, Sony > Microsoft > Bethesda >>> Nintendo > Ubisoft >>> EA

Odo

Nintendo stuff announced, confirmed, showed, whatever

01. Earthbound Beginnings
02. forma 8
03. Freedom Planet
04. Lovely Planet
05. Mutant Mudds Super Challenge
06. Soul Axiom
07. Typoman
08. RIVE
09. Runbow
10. Extreme Exorcism
11. Shantae Half-Genie Hero
12. Stella Glow (Atlus)
13. Metroid Prime: Blast Ball
14. Just Dance 2016 (Ubisoft)
16. StarFox: Zero
17. Skylanders: Superchargers
18. The Legend of Zelda: TriForce Heroes
19. Hyrule Warriors Legends (2016)
20. Metroid Prime: Federation Forge
21. Fire Emblem: Fates (2016)
22. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (2016)
23. Xenoblade Chronicles X
24. Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
25. Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival
26. Yoshii's Wooly World
27. Yo-kai Watch
28. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
29. Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
30. Super Mario Maker

For me, it's official and crystal clear now. Wii U's last year is 2016.

2016's holiday: NX is coming out!
I'm expecting 2016 for the Wii U to be 2011 for the Wii. I expect Nintendo will let the Wii U just fade away, and release the NX in 2017.

I hope I'm wrong, but, yeah. Not looking good for the next couple of years

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I'm expecting 2016 for the Wii U to be 2011 for the Wii. I expect Nintendo will let the Wii U just fade away, and release the NX in 2017.

I hope I'm wrong, but, yeah. Not looking good for the next couple of years
Sounds about right. Kind of a shame because I feel that Nintendo more heavily supported the Wii and the GameCube during their lifetime

Odo

So, from Square, Kingdom Hearts is the new "The Division/Zelda U".

And Just Cause 3 is a game just about exploding everything with no reason!

And the VIP guy there can't speak without Teleprompter.