E3 2015, biggest E3 ever ? Possibly...

Ex-Actarus

I've just finished watching the Nintendo Digital presentation and I have 3 words : LAZY, UNINSPIRED and TRANSITION :

Lazy and Uninspired, that's really the sense that I got from the Presentation. First of all, the presentation was weak... The production quality seemed to have gone down quite a bit from the impressive showing of last year. There wasn't ANY passion during the presentation. Most of the time, you smile and laugh during those Nintendo conference, I was just bored.

Then the games.... :( To be honest there isn't much to say. It's even worse than what I thought. Even the last Japanese Nintendo Direct was more exciting. Actually we can probably find a dozen Directs that were far better than this Digital Presentation...

- Starfox was the big game of the presentation and it looks cheap... It's looks like a budget title made by a Nintendo B team.

- Then we ALL dreamed about a Metroid announcement and we got the worst Metroid announcement in History : we wanted either Metroid Prime on Wii U or Metroid 2D on 3DS, but certainly not a Metroid Prime "Multi" game on 3DS ! What a disappointment... And it looks terrible by the way !!!

- Then games as the new Zelda Triforce and Animal Crossing Amiibo feel lazy because they just take assets from previous games

- Ok, there is that Mario Tennis game. But it doesn't look that special.

- and the special partnership with 3rd party was... Bowser and Donkey in Skylanders ? Really ?

Bottom line, one of the worst Nintendo conference I've EVER seen at E3. And for this, I'm not sure this E3 2015 qualifies as the best ever, because a E3 without a strong Nintendo showing isn't s strong E3 IMO...

Score : 3/10

But I warned everybody here ! I said keep your expectations low because Nintendo is in a Transition year. NX is coming next year ! It's pretty obvious now ! I've said it before, the majority of Nintendo teams are hard at work developing games for NX, so not enough time or resources for the Wii U.

Ex-Actarus

I didn't say anyone didn't have the right, obviously he does or we would have just got rid of his post. I just disagree can I do that?

Watching this e3 for me is like saying "MAN THAT NEW GI JOE MOVIE WILL BE THE GREATEST OF ALL TIMES"!!!!'

Which is ridiculose for me. Ya dig?:mthumb:
I feel like it's all just smoke and mirrors at this point.
So you're comparing the Last Guardian, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Shenmue 3 or Fallout 4 announcements to a Gi-Joe movie ? LOL ! I guess you're just jealous or something ! I'm pretty sure if Shenmue 3 or FF VII remake were announced for Wii U, you would be the first one to be exited here ! But it's on PS4 so it sucks right...

Weren't you one of those guys SO EXCITED about Call of Duty or Watchdogs coming to Wii U ? That's way closer to a Gi-Joe movie to me... But that's just me.

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
Disappointing Nintendo event. All I wanted was a real Animal Crossing U and Paper Mario U...

Some cool 3DS stuff though.

I'm now willing to admit there's a big chance the NX is a home console and will come out in 2016 as much as I hate to admit it.

Odo

Disappointing Nintendo event. All I wanted was a real Animal Crossing U and Paper Mario U...

Some cool 3DS stuff though.

I'm now willing to admit there's a big chance the NX is a home console and will come out in 2016 as much as I hate to admit it.
It's happening. It has to happening!

As @Ex said, Nintendo team must be right now developing games for NX.

After this E3, there's no reason to believe that Wii U will recover. It's lower than GC and Zelda, StarFox, XCX and SMTxFE are its last hits.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
So you're comparing the Last Guardian, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Shenmue 3 or Fallout 4 announcements to a Gi-Joe movie ? LOL ! I guess you're just jealous or something ! I'm pretty sure if Shenmue 3 or FF VII remake were announced for Wii U, you would be the first one to be exited here ! But it's on PS4 so it sucks right...

Weren't you one of those guys SO EXCITED about Call of Duty or Watchdogs coming to Wii U ? That's way closer to a Gi-Joe movie to me... But that's just me.
No they suck to me because there crap old RPGs. You can play FF7 right now...........and your pumped LMAO.

Me jealous? Of what? I'm 36 I'm past the ignorance. But if you wanna keep on throwing it out there be my guest.

And yeah GI Joe wanna know why I compare the 2? Because there all gonna suck to me. Go to your local game store, look around. It's FILLED with e3 hyped games that very very very few delivered on.

And if it's not Monster Hunter right now I really couldn't careless. :mthumb:

Your hype is hilarious thank you for being here:mlaugh:

Odo

I've just finished watching the Nintendo Digital presentation and I have 3 words : LAZY, UNINSPIRED and TRANSITION :

Lazy and Uninspired, that's really the sense that I got from the Presentation. First of all, the presentation was weak... The production quality seemed to have gone down quite a bit from the impressive showing of last year. There wasn't ANY passion during the presentation. Most of the time, you smile and laugh during those Nintendo conference, I was just bored.

Then the games.... :( To be honest there isn't much to say. It's even worse than what I thought. Even the last Japanese Nintendo Direct was more exciting. Actually we can probably find a dozen Directs that were far better than this Digital Presentation...

- Starfox was the big game of the presentation and it looks cheap... It's looks like a budget title made by a Nintendo B team.

- Then we ALL dreamed about a Metroid announcement and we got the worst Metroid announcement in History : we wanted either Metroid Prime on Wii U or Metroid 2D on 3DS, but certainly not a Metroid Prime "Multi" game on 3DS ! What a disappointment... And it looks terrible by the way !!!

- Then games as the new Zelda Triforce and Animal Crossing Amiibo feel lazy because they just take assets from previous games

- Ok, there is that Mario Tennis game. But it doesn't look that special.

- and the special partnership with 3rd party was... Bowser and Donkey in Skylanders ? Really ?

Bottom line, one of the worst Nintendo conference I've EVER seen at E3. And for this, I'm not sure this E3 2015 qualifies as the best ever, because a E3 without a strong Nintendo showing isn't s strong E3 IMO...

Score : 3/10

But I warned everybody here ! I said keep your expectations low because Nintendo is in a Transition year. NX is coming next year ! It's pretty obvious now ! I've said it before, the majority of Nintendo teams are hard at work developing games for NX, so not enough time or resources for the Wii U.

That StartFox game didn't shine in my opnion. I can't believe that it's got no online multiplayer, no co-op and will be released with that graphics. It didn't look like a Nintendo AAA title.

About Metroid Prime Federation Force, I've got no words. That's a shame. It may be fun, may delivers a brilliant gameplay, but its visuals looks absolutely cheap. I really can't believe Nintendo put the word Prime on that. If that is the next Metroid Prime game, I'm really really disappointed. Metroid Prime is one of the best franchises ever. For me it seems like they developed a generic shooter and put the Metroid Prime name just to sell it!

What makes everything even sadder is the fact that this E3 we could see a lot of much more "next generation" stuff from other developers than last year's:

The Division,
Star Ocean,
Nier,
Kingdom Hearts 3,
For Honor,
Unravel,
Mirror's Edge,
Microsoft's HoloLens,
The Last Guardian,
Horizon Zero Dawn
Sony's Project Morpheus

I know that those games are more of the same action violence rubbish, but look at the features, the VRs, etc. A lot of new stuff coming from X1/PS4. I saw they're trying to push the limits of the consoles while Nintendo can't even justify GamePad yet (only for Off-TV).

Many of them are stunning, huge games with a lot of online features for example, while Nintendo can't handle bloody VC for any game and no multiplayer for Starfox while they're still trying to put 60fps on it. That GamePad use for StarFox is rubbish!

I saw many beautiful RPGs for PS4 while Wii U will get Xenoblade and SMTxFE that after this E3 don't look so graphically impressive any more.

I still think that 3DS is doing a great job, but Wii U is now many years behind other consoles in many aspects: online, graphics, quantity, new industry trends and varieties of genres.

About the latter, Wii U has a serious lack of shooters and racing games and this E3 didn't help at all. After Project Cars joke, it's like the only racing game Wii U got is Mario Kart 8. The new COD isn't coming for Wii U (of course) and all people get is Splattoon that is, for many people, an incomplete shooter sold with full price.

Now, I want to dream about an NX presentation next year.

Last edited:

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Mentioned this in the CT, but Nintendo screwed the pooch, PR-wise.

What is actually coming to Wii U:
Devil's Third - Fatal Frame - XCX - StarFox with Platinum

The only games people think Nintendo has lined up:
Mario - Twee Yoshi - Chibi Metroid

I mean, that's a PR failure. This isn't Wii Music or Pac-Man bad, because of the games that are coming, but Nintendo utterly failed to communicate their lineup. How do you do that? How do you focus like 10 minutes on Yarn Yoshi, 15 minutes on Mario Maker, and let a Direct go by without some new XCX stuff? How do you not even mention Devil's Third? Or just mention as an aside after the end of the presentation that "oh yeah, Platinum is helping with StarFox"?

That's just...I mean...huh?

Goodtwin

Terrible E3 showing for Nintendo. No surprises that go me excited at all. I like Mario Tennis, but it literally looks like Mario Tennis for Gamecube (not that there is much to be improved upon). Star Fox visuals look very lazy to me. Right now, other than being in HD, I think Star Fox looks very dated and bland. Its clean, but very bad fire effects, lack of good smoke effects, and certainly nothing that stood out to me. Perhaps we will see a lot of improvement in the next 6 months, but right now its nothing to write home about. Its hard to believe the artist that did so well with Bayonetta 2 arent doing more impressive work with this game.

Hopefully Devils Third gets more love on the show floor, because not even mentioning it during their digital event is just retarded. Nintendo is funding the game, and E3 is a huge press event. I dont know what they were thinking there. Heck, they should have had Fast Racing Neo as part of their event, it looks very impressive.

Im now all but certain 2016 E3 will be all about NX, and unlike with Wii U's launch, Nintendo will be prepared to launch with heavy hitters. I think Zelda U will likely launch next April or May, and the Nintendo will confirm at E3 that they have completely shifted focus to NX. I could be wrong, but this show was so lackluster, it baffles me why they didnt at least create a trailer for Zelda U.

With that said, im not worried about having nothing to play this year. I need to buy Splatoon, and I will definately be interested in Devils Third and Xenoblade X. Fast Racing Neo is a day one purchase for me. Even though I wasnt salivating over them, both Mario Tennis and Star Fox will likely be on my Christmas wish list. Still a lot of good gaming hours to be had with my Wii U, but I think the well will be running dry in 2016 for sure.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
....I think Star Fox Zero looks pretty great.... >_>
Star Fox looks freaking sweet, except for the whole no online multiplayer thing. I just watched some footage of the desert level, probably Titania, and the boss was awesome. It looks like it plays really well, once you get used to switching between the gamepad and TV screen.

It's supposed to be more linear than Star Fox 64, but hopefully it's longer instead.

EvilTw1n

Terrible E3 showing for Nintendo. No surprises that go me excited at all. I like Mario Tennis, but it literally looks like Mario Tennis for Gamecube (not that there is much to be improved upon). Star Fox visuals look very lazy to me. Right now, other than being in HD, I think Star Fox looks very dated and bland. Its clean, but very bad fire effects, lack of good smoke effects, and certainly nothing that stood out to me. Perhaps we will see a lot of improvement in the next 6 months, but right now its nothing to write home about. Its hard to believe the artist that did so well with Bayonetta 2 arent doing more impressive work with this game.

Hopefully Devils Third gets more love on the show floor, because not even mentioning it during their digital event is just retarded. Nintendo is funding the game, and E3 is a huge press event. I dont know what they were thinking there. Heck, they should have had Fast Racing Neo as part of their event, it looks very impressive.

Im now all but certain 2016 E3 will be all about NX, and unlike with Wii U's launch, Nintendo will be prepared to launch with heavy hitters. I think Zelda U will likely launch next April or May, and the Nintendo will confirm at E3 that they have completely shifted focus to NX. I could be wrong, but this show was so lackluster, it baffles me why they didnt at least create a trailer for Zelda U.

With that said, im not worried about having nothing to play this year. I need to buy Splatoon, and I will definately be interested in Devils Third and Xenoblade X. Fast Racing Neo is a day one purchase for me. Even though I wasnt salivating over them, both Mario Tennis and Star Fox will likely be on my Christmas wish list. Still a lot of good gaming hours to be had with my Wii U, but I think the well will be running dry in 2016 for sure.
There's some rough stuff in StarFox, but I like the gameplay I see (the flying-to-mech transition stuff is smooth as velvet sex butter).

Devil's Third is the real head scratcher. Kotaku just posted this, and I think it might be an official Nintendo graphic.

FFS.

Umm...where's my Itagaki-san love? You guys are publishing the game. You're paying for the back half of development. Why can't you be arsed to put it on your release graphic for the biggest gaming show of the year? It's not even on their E3 game page.
http://e3.nintendo.com/games/

I mean, I'm serious when I say that late 2015 might be Wii U's zenith.

No, really. This might be its best ever run of games. Splatoon, Mario Maker, Devil's Third, Fatal Frame, Xenoblade, Star Fox. Plus Fast Racing Neo and Yoshi. That's a murderer's row of great content. That's probably over $400 worth of gaming.

But if you watched that E3 Direct, you'd have no idea about that. You'd pretty much think Amiibo, Yoshi, chibitroid, and Skylanders were the highlights, because Nintendo didn't bother talking about the games that it's actually delivering.

Mind bending. It really does make you think they're just taking a flier on the Wii U. Maybe NX really will launch next year. They're not trying to maximize the Wii U audience in the slightest.

Last edited:

Ex-Actarus

I think we all agree that the NX is coming next year, but not matter how great the NX concept and launch games are, it's going to be a hard sell...

Let's face it, Sony has completely ANNIHILATED the competition this E3. We know Nintendo was irrelevant, but Microsoft had pretty good show, however Sony made them pretty much... Irrelevant as well.

The roadmap for the PS4 is insane ! Without even considering Final Fantasy VII remake, Shenmue 3 and the Last Guardian ( let's call them the "divine trio" ). ; the amount of RPG and 3rd party exclusives content on PS4 is incredible ! The PS4 is so dominant that they don't EVEN need 1st party content for the upcoming holidays... This is PS2 era like dominance all over again !

So Holiday 2016 might be the height of the PS4 popularity. And Nintendo would bring NX right in the middle of the current gen ? That's a very hard sell, not matter how you put it. Nintendo must feel VERY confident in themselves and in what the NX has to offer. They'd better come with a KILLER launch line up ! I'm talking Zelda U NX remaster + a "real" Metroid Prime + an original adult IP + a new 3D Mario game. ALL THAT at launch and with a 299$ price and 3rd party support. Can they really pull that off ?

That's why I wanted a 2015 holiday release for NX, 2016 is too far away and leaves too much time for the Ps4 to establish even further its dominance on the market.

Last edited:

the_randomizer

I'm sorry, but I was very disappointed by the presentation, i.e the content on what was shown. Star Fox looks awesome, as does Xenoblade X, other than that, it just...looks like shite. Too many 3DS games.

When EA was my favorite conference...

Lol/10 for E3 2015.

Nintendo's pretty much finishing off Wii U with a fart and finishing off 3DS with a bang. I'm guessing their efforts were mostly for things they can't deploy or announce yet (new business structure, obviously new consoles, and hopefully rebranding), because they just didn't show up this year.

Best way to some up Nintendo's conference is to call it a foul ball. Keep those up however, and they'll strike out.

Ex-Actarus

In my opinion Nintendo should postponed Starfox, the game looks terrible.

There are NO EXCUSES for how poorly the game looks. We had too many Wii U titles that looked incredible to make excuses. How come EAD name can be attached to such an awful game ? That looks like an average GC/Wii game upgraded in HD. Seriously is it too much to ask to have the same graphics as Wonderful 101 ?

By the way, I don't like the fact that Platinum is involved in the game like this. I've said it before, Platinum are already very busy with Scalebound and Transformers Devastation. I was afraid it was too much for 1 single studio. Besides Kamiya is not involved in the development. I thought working on Starfox was his dream ? So did we got the Platinum C team for Starfox ? Nintendo is not a priority for them ?

Anyway, Nintendo should postponed the game, improve the graphics and add multiplayer. Period.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
In my opinion Nintendo should postponed Starfox, the game looks terrible.

There are NO EXCUSES for how poorly the game looks. We had too many Wii U titles that looked incredible to make excuses. How come EAD name can be attached to such an awful game ? That looks like an average GC/Wii game upgraded in HD. Seriously is it too much to ask to have the same graphics as Wonderful 101 ?

By the way, I don't like the fact that Platinum is involved in the game like this. I've said it before, Platinum are already very busy with Scalebound and Transformers Devastation. I was afraid it was too much for 1 single studio. Besides Kamiya is not involved in the development. I thought working on Starfox was his dream ? So did we got the Platinum C team for Starfox ? Nintendo is not a priority for them ?

Anyway, Nintendo should postponed the game, improve the graphics and add multiplayer. Period.
You're implying that the visuals won't and/or can't be improved by the time the game comes out. Sure, they can postpone it but they'd likely do it to polish it

Also...you're not seriously telling me it has worse visuals than The Wonderful 101...

Y'know, a lot of us are feeling down. I'm pretty sad. I think that's a first, when an e3 by Nintendo just made me sad. I've been disappointed before, hyped, and said "what the fuck is this" before, but sad? I think that's a first.

I read this on another site. It's just from a poster, so in no way shape or form is this a fact or anything, but I thought it was worth a read. Interesting, none the less.

Even industry insiders are basically saying the WiiU is now dead.

This direct was interesting though, not because of it's games, but from a company standpoint of where Nintendo is heading and maybe what they are thinking of with the NX.

What is clear from this Direct is that once again Nintendo are no longer in competition with Sony and Microsoft and are trying to carve out another "blue ocean", With the Wii, the Blue Ocean was all the people who found video game controls too hard and wanted pick up and play arcadey games, with Nintendo's future direction, the Blue Ocean is small children.

Before cries of "Fuck of Sonyfag" first I'm a Ninty fanboy massively, but from that direct it's clear that Nintendo want make games vehicles for Amiibo and they want to try corner the "toy/merchandise" market dominated by Skylanders and Disney Infinity. This is why they dedicated 10 minutes to Skylanders, this is why almost every showing in the conference, was entirely focused around Amiibo, the game that didn't have Amiibo or Amiicard support were literally glossed over in seconds.
Big Mario announcement was Amiibo for Mario Maker.
Big Animal Crossing Announcement was an entirely Amiibo focused board game thing
Big Yoshi announcement was literally 10 minutes talking about Amiibo development.

When you look at Metroid Prime Federation Hunters or whatever the fuck it's called what does it look like? Disney Infinity.

So from this I suspect the NX will be a console that somehow merges both video games and toys to an even more extreme of what we are seeing now

EvilTw1n

Let's face it, Sony has completely ANNIHILATED the competition this E3. We know Nintendo was irrelevant, but Microsoft had pretty good show, however Sony made them pretty much... Irrelevant as well.
Sony went nuclear this year, but "winning E3" is a pretty narrow sort of thing. I mean, in a few weeks your gaming press headlines are going to be all Black Ops 3, MGS5, Assassin's Creed, and Halo 5. That doesn't mean this gen isn't Sony's for the losing now, because it is. But that's also perspective. Nintendo could've knocked this E3 out of the park, and it wouldn't have made any difference to Sony eating this gen's lunch. You could have shown the greatest Zelda trailer ever, the gameplay demo to end all gameplay demos, and the Wii U would still be taking the bronze this gen.

OTOH, "Sony won E3" will mean precisely dick in a few months when every gamer and their brother is frothing at the mouth for Halo.

E3 has value, but it's a difficult value to gauge. Hype really does matter, but it doesn't have a 1:1 correlation to success (otherwise we'd all be talking about how Destiny is the high water mark for this gen). What Nintendo failed at today was generating hype, which isn't some death knell. It's just a bewildering PR cock up.

"Here's a chance for free press exposure, Nintendo! Spotlight is yours!"
"...nah."

Really, really, really bizarre day.

On NX, it launching in 2016 or 2017 against prime PS4 years? I suppose that's something worth worrying about if you're expecting the device to be some nuclear reactor home console that will feature specs that toast the PS4. Nintendo has shown precisely zero inclination to go that route.
So did we got the Platinum C team for Starfox ?
No, we got Yusuke Hashimoto, who also directed Bayonetta 2. The guy is a supreme talent. The gameplay mechanics shown off were solid, IMO, and graphics are always the last thing to get polished. It won't be a technical showcase, but I'd wager it'll look better by launch.
Y'know, a lot of us are feeling down. I'm pretty sad. I think that's a first, when an e3 by Nintendo just made me sad. I've been disappointed before, hyped, and said "what the fuck is this" before, but sad? I think that's a first.

I read this on another site. It's just from a poster, so in no way shape or form is this a fact or anything, but I thought it was worth a read. Interesting, none the less.

This direct was interesting though, not because of it's games, but from a company standpoint of where Nintendo is heading and maybe what they are thinking of with the NX.

What is clear from this Direct is that once again Nintendo are no longer in competition with Sony and Microsoft and are trying to carve out another "blue ocean", With the Wii, the Blue Ocean was all the people who found video game controls too hard and wanted pick up and play arcadey games, with Nintendo's future direction, the Blue Ocean is small children.

Before cries of "Fuck of Sonyfag" first I'm a Ninty fanboy massively, but from that direct it's clear that Nintendo want make games vehicles for Amiibo and they want to try corner the "toy/merchandise" market dominated by Skylanders and Disney Infinity. This is why they dedicated 10 minutes to Skylanders, this is why almost every showing in the conference, was entirely focused around Amiibo, the game that didn't have Amiibo or Amiicard support were literally glossed over in seconds.
Big Animal Crossing Announcement was an entirely Amiibo focused board game thing
Big Yoshi announcement was literally 10 minutes talking about Amiibo development.

When you look at Metroid Prime Federation Hunters or whatever the fuck it's called what does it look like? Disney Infinity.

So from this I suspect the NX will be a console that somehow merges both video games and toys to an even more extreme of what we are seeing now
Interesting observation. I'd say there's a problem there if you're aiming squarely at kids, because that ain't no blue ocean. That's a demographic slice, not an ocean, and Nintendo didn't have huge success by aiming at kids; the Wii's success was aiming at everyone.

But I don't think you can argue against Amiibo becoming a huge focus. This was a very Amiibo E3. We all worried that it was going to be about DLC. Maybe our concerns were misplaced.

Last edited:
How does Star Fox look terrible? I just don't get it. It could look better yes, but it doesn't terrible. Might be touched up by release anyway.
While it's not ground breaking, when you think about, it takes a lot to do what they're doing.

60 fps, and constant streaming to the gamepad for another viewpoint. So the game is constantly showing two viewpoints of the action. It can only look so good.

Fuck, I still think Star Fox 64 looks good.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
My ode to e3.

After thoughts of the coming weeks I felt estranged from you before you even greeted me. And when we meet face to face I noticed you looked much younger than I thought in your pictures, but being the vain bastard I am I faked it and went along.

The more time we spent, the more I knew that my love was not from winter to spring. But more summer to winter. Maybe it's because I'm older, actually it is because I'm older.

In my confused state trying to find where I stood I remembered when I was younger what joy you brought to me, and also the few times you broke my heart but I always forgave you. In this moment I realized I was not for you anymore, nor you for me. You and all your friends I once enjoyed so much were now reduced to possibly finding a hidden glimps of hope that there was still a tiny burning hot flame.......but I didn't.

I hope one day we can have fun as we once did. Perhaps I should find joy in the people surrounded by me as they relish in the wondrous wares you so lavishly flash. I once sank into your heather as a younger man, but perhaps the time has come to not look back anymore.

Ex-Actarus

You're implying that the visuals won't and/or can't be improved by the time the game comes out. Sure, they can postpone it but they'd likely do it to polish it

Also...you're not seriously telling me it has worse visuals than The Wonderful 101...
Of course it looks worse than Wonderful 101 ! I don't even understand how there could be a comparison there. Have you looked at the textures in Starfox ? Have you seen the water effects ? Have you seen how low polygons the spacecrafts are ? It's a train wreck ! I don't even understand how Miyamoto sanctioned such a demo for E3 !

Starfox games have ALWAYS been graphical showcase for Nintendo platforms. It was true on SNES, N64 and even Gamecube ( both Starfox games looks incredible, even if the gameplay wasn't great ). And this the Starfox game you show at E3 ? A game that looks worse than previous Wii U Nintendo games ? Come on !

@EvilTw1n , ok that's re-assuring to see that we have the Bayonetta 2 directors involved in the game. But it doesn't change the fact that I question Platinum ability to manage 3 AAA games at the same time. I know they're working with EAD, but they are themselves obviously very busy with NX.

I'm not a graphic whore, but come on this is unacceptable ! That's EAD we're talking about here ! Looks the amazing job they did on Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 or Captain Toad ! They should be ashamed of themselves. Yes, there is time to improve the visuals, but not that much... The game is out in less than 6 months....

Last edited:

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
How does Star Fox look terrible? I just don't get it. It could look better yes, but it doesn't terrible. Might be touched up by release anyway.
I like the way it looks. Certainly it doens't look spectacular, but that's because of the scale and the fact that it's running at 60fps on two screens simultaneously. Watch out for spoilers, but this Titania level and especially the boss looks pretty good.

Nintendo and Platinum games never look bad, this won't be the first one.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Of course it looks worse than Wonderful 101 ! I don't even understand how there could be a comparison there. Have you looked at the textures in Starfox ? Have you seen the water effects ? Have you seen how low polygons the spacecrafts are ? It's a train wreck ! I don't even understand how Miyamoto sanctioned such a demo for E3 !

Starfox games have ALWAYS been graphical showcase for Nintendo platforms. It was true on SNES, N64 and even Gamecube ( both Starfox games looks incredible, even if the gameplay wasn't great ). And this the Starfox game you show at E3 ? A game that looks worse than previous Wii U Nintendo games ? Come on !
Yeah, I DEFINITELY don't think you've actually played The Wonderful 101. If you think Star Fox Zero looks like garbage, which it doesn't even if it's not exactly impressive, then The Wonderful 101 should look like a piece of shit to you, graphically speaking

EvilTw1n

I like the way it looks. Certainly it doens't look spectacular, but that's because of the scale and the fact that it's running at 60fps on two screens simultaneously. Watch out for spoilers, but this Titania level and especially the boss looks pretty good.

Nintendo and Platinum games never look bad, this won't be the first one.
Damn. I'd only seen a little bit of the desert level earlier. That boss looks great. Very Platinum.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

you guys are getting WAAAAY to far ahead of yourselves with the NX here

The Wii U's still going to be getting games in 2016 first of all, the 3DS successor needs to launch first second of all

Retro's next game is for the wii u btw

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

That StartFox game didn't shine in my opnion. I can't believe that it's got no online multiplayer, no co-op and will be released with that graphics. It didn't look like a Nintendo AAA title.

About Metroid Prime Federation Force, I've got no words. That's a shame. It may be fun, may delivers a brilliant gameplay, but its visuals looks absolutely cheap. I really can't believe Nintendo put the word Prime on that. If that is the next Metroid Prime game, I'm really really disappointed. Metroid Prime is one of the best franchises ever. For me it seems like they developed a generic shooter and put the Metroid Prime name just to sell it!

What makes everything even sadder is the fact that this E3 we could see a lot of much more "next generation" stuff from other developers than last year's:

The Division,
Star Ocean,
Nier,
Kingdom Hearts 3,
For Honor,
Unravel,
Mirror's Edge,
Microsoft's HoloLens,
The Last Guardian,
Horizon Zero Dawn
Sony's Project Morpheus

I know that those games are more of the same action violence rubbish, but look at the features, the VRs, etc. A lot of new stuff coming from X1/PS4. I saw they're trying to push the limits of the consoles while Nintendo can't even justify GamePad yet (only for Off-TV).

Many of them are stunning, huge games with a lot of online features for example, while Nintendo can't handle bloody VC for any game and no multiplayer for Starfox while they're still trying to put 60fps on it. That GamePad use for StarFox is rubbish!

I saw many beautiful RPGs for PS4 while Wii U will get Xenoblade and SMTxFE that after this E3 don't look so graphically impressive any more.

I still think that 3DS is doing a great job, but Wii U is now many years behind other consoles in many aspects: online, graphics, quantity, new industry trends and varieties of genres.

About the latter, Wii U has a serious lack of shooters and racing games and this E3 didn't help at all. After Project Cars joke, it's like the only racing game Wii U got is Mario Kart 8. The new COD isn't coming for Wii U (of course) and all people get is Splattoon that is, for many people, an incomplete shooter sold with full price.

Now, I want to dream about an NX presentation next year.
Oh come on dude. Chill with the undeserved shade at next level games. They've yet to make a bad game/

And I just find it funny. You realize sony has no games for 2015 right? You wont see half the things you listed till 2017

And splatoon isnt incomplete, the stuff is on the disc.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

When EA was my favorite conference...

Lol/10 for E3 2015.

Nintendo's pretty much finishing off Wii U with a fart and finishing off 3DS with a bang. I'm guessing their efforts were mostly for things they can't deploy or announce yet (new business structure, obviously new consoles, and hopefully rebranding), because they just didn't show up this year.

Best way to some up Nintendo's conference is to call it a foul ball. Keep those up however, and they'll strike out.
Uhhh looks like the opposite to me.

Random spinoffs for the 3DS and a full lineup for the wii u is like the literal opposite of what you said

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
After watching the Digital Event last night, I told Steve2, "There's gonna be a lot of angry comments and disappointment on TNE from this."

I didn't hate it like you guys did. Was I hoping for more? Sure. Was I a bit disappointed? Yep.
But I also had to put it into context. We know the NX is in development. Nintendo made a choice to not talk about any details regarding the NX, that includes games. All the other studios could release trailers and say "Coming Holiday 2016" or "Coming 2017", and that is okay. But we know that NX is probably coming out Holiday 2016 or 2017. Nintendo can't surprise us with any big titles right now, because logic would tell us they have been moved into development for the NX, and first rule of E3 2015 "We don't talk about NX."

Knowing that, I knew we may have 1 surprise, but most of the things mentioned were going to be games we had heard about. For the console that is. With how empty the 3DS release schedule looked, I knew we'd hear more surprises about that.

So, now I'm going to talk about the good things I saw for the Wii U yesterday:

1) Star Fox Zero - It looks phenomenal! Co-developed by Platinum! 2 different perspectives both at 60fps! Such variety with gameplay. Star Fox is always a "good" series for me, but not one that I'm ultra excited about. But that trailer yesterday? Now I'm excited.

2) Yoshi's Wooly World - I've been very on the fence about this game, but the more I see, the more I like. I think this will have depth, challenge, creativity, and uniqueness. This will be a quality platformer. (And no screaming baby Mario!)

3) Xenoblade Chronicles X - Just looks more amazing every time I see it! Very excited for this game!

4) Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem - This game is perfect for Steve2, and he was thrilled to see more footage of it, and told me explicitly that we are downloading that Day 1, and that I'll have to find something to play on my 3DS while he monopolizes the console for awhile.

5) Super Mario Maker - This game is going to be brilliant! I have zero doubt about that. All the things we saw in the NWC? I can't wait to try things like that. The fact that we get those levels with the game is even better! And that you can put your amiibos on there and play as them in the Mario worlds? That is phenomenal!

And let's not forget that there will be special amiibos in Skylanders this year. That is a big deal. Take a huge group of kids, introduce characters to them that they may have not seen before. You are building new Nintendo fans. That was very smart of them to do.

As for the 3DS:

1) I'm intrigued by The Legend of Zelda: TriForce Heroes. This could be a lot of fun. It's got online multiplayer! And still works as a single player game. Also love that they are using the ALBW artstyle.
2) I want to hear more about Hyrule Warriors Legends to see if it warrants a second purchase. I like the idea that you can switch between characters during the levels.
3) Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam - I got seriously excited for this one! This is an awesome concept! Love love love!
4) Steve2 is beyond excited for Fire Emblem Fates.

Personally, I'm not sure about the Metroid Prime game. I want to see more about it. Is it only multiplayer? How will it work? I know there will be a Direct about it later on, so I'm willing to reserve judgment for awhile.

So yeah, there weren't any huge surprises. Because I think those have been moved to NX. Nintendo clearly told us in advance that their E3 would focus on games coming out in 2015 and early 2016. And I'm okay with that. I came away with a better understanding of some games, and a deeper appreciation of others. Steve2 expected me to be angry and pouty and disappointed... and I could have been, but from my perspective, life is too short, and I'm going to enjoy the good things that were presented and not worry about the things I didn't get to see.

EvilTw1n

After watching the Digital Event last night, I told Steve2, "There's gonna be a lot of angry comments and disappointment on TNE from this."

I didn't hate it like you guys did. Was I hoping for more? Sure. Was I a bit disappointed? Yep.
But I also had to put it into context. We know the NX is in development. Nintendo made a choice to not talk about any details regarding the NX, that includes games. All the other studios could release trailers and say "Coming Holiday 2016" or "Coming 2017", and that is okay. But we know that NX is probably coming out Holiday 2016 or 2017. Nintendo can't surprise us with any big titles right now, because logic would tell us they have been moved into development for the NX, and first rule of E3 2015 "We don't talk about NX."
To be fair, it wasn't just us. "There was some neat stuff" is great for any old Direct, but E3? This is supposed to be where you put your best foot forward, and Nintendo didn't do that.

But OTOH, they're a company in flux. This is transition mode in the ramp up to new hardware. The Wii U already got its Kart, Smash, 3D Mario, Pikmin, etc. Metroid is taking a breather, and we know about Zelda, so Nintendo didn't really have any big reveal* for us. E3 is about generating hype, and you can't generate hype for dying hardware. Even with the 3DS, they're in experimental mode with multiplayer Zelda and Metroid, not "next huge project" versions of those games.

Still, they have great content coming. That's what is so very, very, very odd about that Direct. The release schedule for 2015 is (presumably):
Mario Maker - Devil's Third - Fatal Frame - XCX - Star Fox with Platinum

That's a really good lineup. People would be talking about that lineup if Nintendo bothered to, y'know, point out "look at this awesome run of games." But instead of a new XCX trailer, or including Fatal Frame in the conference (a game most people still don't know about), or mentioning D3 at all, they spent like 15 minutes talking about yarn Amiibo for Yoshi, and 10 minutes on Skylanders. Then spent tons of Treehouse time on chibi Metroid.

Nintendo deserves to take their lumps for yesterday, IMO. It's the only way they'll learn to not suck at PR. Because whoever edited that Direct yesterday ought to be, at the very least, put on probation.

[*Although, for real, where art thou, Retro Studios?]

Odo

Oh come on dude. Chill with the undeserved shade at next level games. They've yet to make a bad game/

And I just find it funny. You realize sony has no games for 2015 right? You wont see half the things you listed till 2017

And splatoon isnt incomplete, the stuff is on the disc.

Yes, Sony has a lot of just announcements for somewhere in the far future and I still believe that Nintendo is the best game maker out there, but not only Sony but Microsoft and even Square showed next generation graphics, features, ideas, while Nintendo just showed amiibo, a cheap looking StarFox and a confirmation that Wii U is a dying console.

Splatoon, for many gamers and shooter enthusiasts, is an incomplete game while you can't access all the features. The feature that are just coded but you can't access just prove the point that it's not delivered, it's not there ready for use. In many ways, Splatoon as a current generation multiplayer online shooter, is a incomplete game that couldn't be sold at full price like a COD or a Battlefield.

Odo

Maybe Nintendo knows amiibo will sell more than Devil's Third regardless......

Either way, they fucked up

Wii U is dead.

I believe that Nintendo team is now working on NX and developing games for that. Maybe Mario Kart 9 and the next Mario 3D is right now being coded while I write this. I'd explain why they've got nothing for Wii U that we haven't already known.

About the amiibo and the children focus, well, I believe that at least now it's the real focus but I can't say the same about NX. Amiibo is selling tones and Nintendo is just making profit and optimising it. It's a good strategy for them while Wii U is dying.

About NX, we don't know yet, but there's something that we need to pay attention: PS4/X1 audience is mostly adult and it's not really good for business. If Nintendo can create now a new generation of gamers, it'd be great, because PS4/X1 now aren't able to bring this young audience that are playing mobile games and the only company that I see worried about that is Nintendo.

I see Nintendo right now thinking about the next decade while PS/X just doing the same CPU race.

Odo

The good thing is: the line up is full of games for everyone.

Nintendo new stuff

01. Earthbound Beginnings
02. forma 8
03. Freedom Planet
04. Lovely Planet
05. Soul Axiom
06. Typoman
07. RIVE
08. Extreme Exorcism
09. Shantae Half-Genie Hero
10. Stella Glow (Atlus)
11. Metroid Prime: Blast Ball (2016)
12. Just Dance 2016 (November) (Ubisoft)
13. StarFox: Zero (December)
14. Skylanders: Superchargers (September)
15. The Legend of Zelda: TriForce Heroes (Fall)
16. Hyrule Warriors Legends (2016)
17. Metroid Prime: Federation Force (2016)
18. Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival (December)
19. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (2016)
20. Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (December)
21. SteamWorld Heist

Nintendo stuff presented (nothing new)

01. Mutant Mudds Super Challenge
02. Runbow
03. Fire Emblem: Fates (2016)
04. Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem (2016)
05. Xenoblade Chronicles X (December)
06. Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (September)
07. Yoshii's Wooly World
08. Yo-Kai Watch (December)
09. Super Mario Maker (September)
10. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (Fall)
11. Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (September)
12. Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
13. FAST Racing Neo

Ex-Actarus

Wii U is dead.

I believe that Nintendo team is now working on NX and developing games for that. Maybe Mario Kart 9 and the next Mario 3D is right now being coded while I write this. I'd explain why they've got nothing for Wii U that we haven't already known.

About the amiibo and the children focus, well, I believe that at least now it's the real focus but I can't say the same about NX. Amiibo is selling tones and Nintendo is just making profit and optimising it. It's a good strategy for them while Wii U is dying.

About NX, we don't know yet, but there's something that we need to pay attention: PS4/X1 audience is mostly adult and it's not really good for business. If Nintendo can create now a new generation of gamers, it'd be great, because PS4/X1 now aren't able to bring this young audience that are playing mobile games and the only company that I see worried about that is Nintendo.

I see Nintendo right now thinking about the next decade while PS/X just doing the same CPU race.

Yes the Wii U is dead indeed. When you have so much chatter on NX already, that's not a good sign indeed...

And if you ask me, the Wii U was dead for a while... All the games that have been presented this E3 have been in development for quite some time ( Xenoblade Chronicles X or FE x SMT ) or games that have been develop quickly using existing assets or small budget ( Starfox Zero, Animal Crossing Amiibo, the new Mario Tennis ).

In my opinion Nintendo decided to move to NX earlier than expected when they sold 3 million consoles in a fiscal year instead of the 9 million they expected ( I think it was the fiscal year ending March 2014 ). They understood the Wii U would never recover... Several project were probably moved on the next gen console from then.

Now I think the reason we haven't seen the HDmakes yet, it's because Nintendo will bring them to NX. I think we'll get Remasters of the big Wii U title as well. There no way Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4 will not have a Definitive Edition on NX with ALL the content that keeps coming. Imagine Smash 4 and Mario Kart 8 upgraded visually with ALL the DLC content available at launch on NX for 40$ or something... :)

Last thing...

I'm wondering now if NX is not some kind of Hybrid or dual console. I mean EVERYTHING indicates that NX is a Wii U successor. It was just pretty much confirmed on Eurogamer ( see link below ). But I just don't see Nintendo launching a home console before a 3DS successor... So could it just be the same console ? Or some kind of duo like the Iphone and Ipad ?

Source : http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...-next-console?abthid=5581bf7bbeb4679557000006

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Last thing...

I'm wondering now if NX is not some kind of Hybrid or dual console. I mean EVERYTHING indicates that NX is a Wii U successor. It was just pretty much confirmed on Eurogamer ( see link below ). But I just don't see Nintendo launching a home console before a 3DS successor... So could it just be the same console ? Or some kind of duo like the Iphone and Ipad ?
Dude we've been talking about this for like two years now here. Mighty isthe one who began it, but after last year's January investor's meeting it became pretty clear they were going for something like that (Iwata specifically said it won't necessarily be a hybrid or just two systems, but a family of systems that could be more than two or less, depending on what they decide). And Iwata's just been talking about it vaguely every few months since then.

Odo

Last thing...

Source : http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...-next-console?abthid=5581bf7bbeb4679557000006
It's all on this thread

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forum...xt-gen-system-is-real-and-has-a-name-nx.3008/

Everything I have to say about NX is here:

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forum...eal-and-has-a-name-nx.3008/page-2#post-120958

and here

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forum...-system-is-real-and-has-a-name-nx.3008/page-3

I keep the same opinion today:

- NX is not the third pillar
- NX will be the first of the new unified Nintendo OS and it's going to commence the Nintendo Devices Era
- NX is going to be the Wii U successor and partially a 3DS successor
- NX may have ARM inside
- NX will come out in 2016

- First NX =
"sort of iPad (screen on your hands everywhere) + Apple TV (streaming)" with WiiU inside
- Then "MiniNX" (the 3DS successor) = "sort of iPhone (smaller screen) + Apple TV" with 3DS inside
- NX2 = A more powerful NX without WiiU inside but with WiiU+3DS games coming out on eShop.
- Mini NX2 = The same NX2 but with smaller screen.

Odo

Co-op/Splitscreen and local multi-player are dying:

01. Earthbound Beginnings - No
02. forma 8 - No
03. Freedom Planet - No
04. Lovely Planet - No
05. Soul Axiom - No
06. Typoman - No
07. RIVE - No

08. Extreme Exorcism - Yes
09. Shantae Half-Genie Hero - No
10. Stella Glow (Atlus) - RPG
11. Metroid Prime: Blast Ball (2016) - 3DS

12. Just Dance 2016 (November) (Ubisoft) - Yes
13. StarFox: Zero (December) - No (maybe?)
14. Skylanders: Superchargers (September) - No
15. The Legend of Zelda: TriForce Heroes (Fall) - 3DS
16. Hyrule Warriors Legends (2016) - 3DS
17. Metroid Prime: Federation Force (2016) - 3DS

18. Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival (December) - Yes
19. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (2016) - RPG
20. Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (December) - Yes
21. SteamWorld Heist - No
22. Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - No

23. Runbow - Yes
24. Fire Emblem: Fates (2016) - RPG
25. Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem (2016) - RPG
26. Xenoblade Chronicles X (December) - RPG
27. Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (September) - 3DS

28. Yoshii's Wooly World - Yes
29. Yo-Kai Watch (December) - 3DS
30. Super Mario Maker (September) - Yes as "party" game
31. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (Fall) - No
32. Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (September) - 3DS
33. Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - Yes
34. FAST Racing Neo - Yes

Why not?

Freedom Planet
Typoman
RIVE
Shantae Half-Genie Hero
StarFox: Zero
Skylanders: Superchargers
Mutant Mudds Super Challenge

The same can be said about PS4/X1 releases. This is an era where industry wants everybody playing online, alone in the dark.

Ex-Actarus

So E3 2015 is behind us, here is the list of my favourite games of the show so far ( still need to see much more... ).

Best E3 moment of E3 2015 : Sony's Press conference and the crazy Reveals

My top games ( in no particular order ) :

- Super Mario Maker
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Fire Emblem Fates
- Doom
- Just Cause 3
- Forza 6
- Mirror Edge Catalyst
- Unravel
- Tomb Raider
- Gears Collection

My biggest disappointments ( in or particular order )

- Nintendo's Digital Event
- Ubisoft press conference
- Starfox reveal
- Assasin's Creed Syndicate
- Black Ops 3
- Halo 5 Guardians
- Too many CG trailers
- No console pricecuts
- No new hardware
- PC 1st press conference
- Vita is dead

Overall
This was one of the best E3 ever. Period. The amount of high profile games was simply stunning ! I can't remember an E3 with so many AAA games. That said, I won't call it the best E3 ever, because Nintendo was on a down year. So maybe the best E3 ever will be E3 2016 ! Zelda ? NX ? Come on now !!!