E3 Fest by LSB and Wolven 2.0

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
FOREWORD:
As a result of some things that have been happening, the old thread was deleted, unfortunately. Fortunately, I had a copy saved just in case. The mods have been putting a lot of work into improving the forums, I am glad that we just have them back up again. Anyway here it is: round 2! If you signed up previously, please sign up again. You can change your answer if you wish.

ORIGINAL POST

Introduction

Its that time of the year again. E3 is right around the corner, and this time we have something BIG planned.
Me and LSB have been in the talks to make this year BIG, and we came up with the E3 Fest, which is an extension of LSB's contests, but far more involved. The festivities will begin on June 14th, with a livestream beforehand welcoming TNE and going over the events. This thread will be updated at the beginning of that livestream with the schedule for the next following days. The event will last all throughout E3.

Here are the following things you will be able to participate in:

TNE Welcome Stream:
An introduction to E3 by LSB and Wolven. We will talk about our hopes for this E3, the general guidelines for the contest and talk about what we KNOW will be at E3, in case you haven't been keeping up.

TNE Free Play:
During the conferences, there is going to be a lot of time. We are organizing and asking YOU to organize group games throughout E3. Any console counts, but we will mainly be on Wii U and PC. We hope to see you here. Additionally this will be a big contributor to the contest, which we will get to later on.

TNE3:
A livestream hosted by LSB where you will be able to watch the Digital Event commentary-free. Our thoughts and reactions will be added beforehand and afterwards.

CONTEST:
Additionally, throughout E3 you will be judged on various criteria. This will be the contest that you will enter to win a mystery prize. You will be judged on participation, sportsmanship, and skill. So make sure to excel! There is one rule: if you are picked to get the prize, you are not allowed to tell anyone what it is. It's nothing special, but we would like the mystery to remain. You may also post in this thread, the posts will be judged for participation and sportsmanship. So use this if you can't join us during any of the events.

Now, you're entry ticket to this is this: You have to make a guess of E3's sleeper Nintendo hit. That's right, guess a game you think will appear in Nintendo's conference and you will be officially in the contest. This will also serve as a judging factor in the contest, considering you got the answer right.

So, as of now, anyone who wants to join is free to. The registration period will end afterwards the welcome stream, so make sure to sign up soon! Of course, we can make wiggle room for special cases.

Let the games begin!

UPDATE:
Here is the official schedule for E3!

Sunday, June 14th:
At 2pm Pacific join us for the welcoming stream! Hosted by me and LSB, we will introduce the festivities, give out our hopes and dreams, and where you can find the chat rooms! The NWC begins at 3pm Pacific that day. After that is done we will have a Mario Kart tournament until Bethesda's conference at 7pm Pacific.

Monday, June 15th:
Recap of yesterday's events will be up at 9am. A Smash-a-thon will be hosted after EA's conference until the beginning of Sony's conference. Make sure to join us!

Tuesday, June 16th:
Nintendo Day! Join LSB in the morning for his show, TNE3! Afterwards, watch the DGE(9AM Pacific) and we will have a Splatoon fest after Square Enix's conference, which occurs right after the DGE. Due to Splatoon being relatively new, you may also play other Nintendo games during this time like Mario Kart and Smash. The official time for this play time will end at 3pm pacific.

Wednesday, June 17th:
Free play from 11am-1pm, online game of your choice on platform of your choice! Just make sure to be in the chat room sharing your experience.

Thursday, June 18th:
The end of E3! We will have an ending stream at 6pm Pacific announcing the winner of the contest. However, due to some generous donations, we will have more than one winner, so stay tuned to see if you won anything! The main winner will be awarded his gift the following day. No free play or chat rooms open this day.

THE CHATROOMS:
We will be having a voice chat, there will be more details on the voice chat next weekend, before the events begin. The chat room is where you will be getting a lot of your sportsmanship points, so make sure to drop by whenever you can! If for whatever reason you can't, then you may just post in this thread.

DEADLINE FOR SIGNING UP:
Deadline is at 3pm on Sunday, June 14th! So hurry up! Just by signing up you have a chance to win something!

BEFORE E3 UPDATE:
Since I won't be able to make it, LSB will be hosting the welcome livestream about a half hour before the NWC. All the events will go as planned that day. Also we will be using @simplyTravis Google Hangouts chatroom for the events. Here is a link: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/gqhea3vjjdfcg2e3u664adx36ya

I hope you all enjoy the first day of the festivities, and remember to post your impressions on this thread!

DAY 1 RECAP:
Earthbound Beginnings announced
Blastball announced
John Numbers wins NWC

Last edited:

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I'll go back to my original idea and say that the sleeper hit is a Super Mario Bros. Anniversary amalgam of a game.

Explained: The developers go through all the Super Mario Bros. console games - from the original Super Mario Bros. on NES to New Super Mario U - and they take the best Level 1-1 from the games (like maybe the iconic 1-1 from Super Mario Bros.) and then they take the best Level 1-2 (maybe from New Super Mario Bros. Wii), and so on. They update the graphics to HD NSMBU levels. And then you have a game that is retro yet new, familiar yet exciting all at the same time. It would be a great way to honor the history of the franchise. It would be sort of like Super Mario All-Stars was, but instead of including all the games individually, it combines it all together for an HD trip down memory lane.

(But in all reality, we'll probably just get an HD version of Super Mario Sunshine or Galaxy 1/2 combo. That isn't my guess, just stating what will probably happen.)

Last edited:

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
@juegosmajicos Yes, yes! I didn't realize the thread had been lost, thanks for the heads up.

My guess was Advance Wars for the 3DS. However if that doesn't qualify due to either or both of it: a) not being a 'sleeper hit'; or b) it's having been previously confirmed to be in development in an off-the-cuff response by someone at Intelligent Systems when asked by the press at last year's e3 (though it has never been announced) - then in that case my guess shifts to Animal Crossing Wii U.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
I remember @repomech saying last night that he'd made a guess on this thread...before we lost the activity. So those that had made a guess in the old thread should repeat it here so they don't miss out.
@juegosmajicos Yes, yes! I didn't realize the thread had been lost, thanks for the heads up.

My guess was Advance Wars for the 3DS. However if that doesn't qualify due to either or both of it: a) not being a 'sleeper hit'; or b) it's having been previously confirmed to be in development in an off-the-cuff response by someone at Intelligent Systems when asked by the press at last year's e3 (though it has never been announced) - then in that case my guess shifts to Animal Crossing Wii U.
Man, that conversation ran late. I'm trying to remember what I guessed. I think it was:

1) Retro's game
2) Metroid 3DS
3) Platinum collab
4) Tecmo/Team Ninja collab

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Hmm...a sleeper hit for Nintendo's E3...I'm thinking of a new Paper Mario for the Wii-U. I honestly don't know what else they would realistically release for the Wii-U, save for another Metroid or F-Zero but people already threw in their votes for that

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
The thread has been updated..... its now open to discussion about many things, and if you guys have any suggestions for the event, please post it before next Sunday so we can please everyone :) I hope to see you all next week!

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
I'm just going to post this everywhere, because of the potential badassery that may yet unfold.

https://twitter.com/platinumgames/status/608800828279775233

Vanquish 2 for Wii U would make my year. It would make my console generation.

(The only way for my Platinum/Nintendo collab prediction to work would be Vanquish x Metroid...which would probably destroy me. Which is why it should happen.)

I'm just going to post this everywhere, because of the potential badassery that may yet unfold.

https://twitter.com/platinumgames/status/608800828279775233

Vanquish 2 for Wii U would make my year. It would make my console generation.

(The only way for my Platinum/Nintendo collab prediction to work would be Vanquish x Metroid...which would probably destroy me. Which is why it should happen.)
Do you expect a Vanquish 1+2 dealio?

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
I think we might see an Amiibo Card based game such as Pokemon show up in a digital format playable on 3DS and WiiU.

If they aren't doing that then they are stupid. Seriously that could make some mega-bank. You wouldn't believe the proliferation of Pokemon cards throughout the Elementary and Middle School grades currently. It would be a big boon to the Wii U and 3DS.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
E3 Fest is around the corner, and as fate would have it, a family emergency popped up on Sunday and I will be gone for most of the day. I will still try to post on here throughout the day, but unfortunately I won't be here for any of the events on Sunday, including free play and the welcoming stream. However, the events will still go on! I hope to see you guys enjoying the E3 Fest, I will update the OP tomorrow with the changes tomorrow.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
E3 Fest is around the corner, and as fate would have it, a family emergency popped up on Sunday and I will be gone for most of the day. I will still try to post on here throughout the day, but unfortunately I won't be here for any of the events on Sunday, including free play and the welcoming stream. However, the events will still go on! I hope to see you guys enjoying the E3 Fest, I will update the OP tomorrow with the changes tomorrow.
I hope your family is ok Wolven that is the most important thing.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

Smash Direct Live Stream SOON!

Leaks shall be revealed!

And I'll be starting the welcome stream at about 2 PM PST.... For anybody that may want to watch....

Nintendo will be doing their own preshow for the NWC's starting at around 2:30 PM PST....

Have a fun day CREW....

Do it for Mario....

Last edited:

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....

Had zero viewers.... So I guess that means I welcomed, 0 people to E3 fest...?

Guess I can look at the bright side.... Can't get any worse than zero.... Ha....

So it can only go up from here....

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
Hi guys! From the looks of it, it looks like the first day of E3 Fest wasn't too crowded... haha. Oh well, like LSB said we can only go up from here. I just got back from the family thing and everything is better now. Here we go, second day of E3 Fest!

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
Tomorrow will begin the first round of give-aways in this thread. There are 6 games that we will give away, so if your game gets announced tomorrow, you will be receiving a code, as long as supplies last of course. So hope your game gets announced first! All of the codes are 3Ds codes. There will be free play tomorrow also, so participate so you can get the big prize! I know E3 Fest hasn't been too popular this year, and we haven't been able to do the events because I have been absent so much, but lets give tomorrow a shot and hope that something comes out of it.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
E3 is over, and the prizes have been handed out, the winners were: Mr. Chris, Shoulder, Superfakerbros, and EvilTwin. Thank you to everyone for participating.