EDIT : Rumor, incoming new Wii U game reveal ? Paper Mario ?

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
For those who were wary about Intelligent Systems' tracking of player and review feedback, an excerpt from Kotaku's review of Paper Jam seems to notice it.

"Immediately it’s clear that the developers at AlphaDream have listened to feedback from fans and critics; the lengthy tutorials of Dream Team have been shortened, and a fast-forward button now hangs tantalizingly in the corner during every cut-scene. New ideas and abilities are introduced gradually, but every enemy feels a little different, and in ~28 hours I enjoyed almost every battle I fought. Other RPGs could learn some important lessons from Paper Jam’s timed attacks and defenses." - Kotaku

Koenig

The Architect
Other RPGs could learn some important lessons from Paper Jam’s timed attacks and defenses.​
" -​
I have always wondered why the timed attack system has not been widely adopted by the RPG genre considering its been around for two decades (Super Mario RPG)

Off the top of my head I can only think of two other game series that have used it despite the fact it seems instinctively better in virtually every aspect.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

If I'd call them stupid, I'd say the opposite, that they got stupid during/after awakening.
Were you paying attention to Intsys beteen 2009 and 2012? Fucking mismangaed left and right. ugh the shit they were doing was hilarious. still put out some decent games but man was there hilarious shit going on behind the seen which came out as diorders with their management of fire emblem and and a few other ips'

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Thats partially why they kept changing artists or FE tooo. and went with that mix-maxed shiit for FE awakening and crapped out sticker star when Miyamoto told them to be more creative.

And Im going to blame intsyst because no lack of a story is going to fix the fact that the gameplay loop in that game which makes no sense and doesnt incentivize or reward the player. It just makes you buy stickers to play for money to buy more stickers;.

Last edited:

Odo

Were you paying attention to Intsys beteen 2009 and 2012? Fucking mismangaed left and right. ugh the shit they were doing was hilarious. still put out some decent games but man was there hilarious shit going on behind the seen which came out as diorders with their management of fire emblem and and a few other ips'
Ah ok, you're talking about these 4 years. Yeah, I don't have many examples to take a look from those years. They released mostly games like Wario and DQ Wars.