Favorite Ninty Franchise

What's your favorite Nintendo franchise and why? If you look @ my signature you'd know mine. I love Pokemon because it was my first game that I was really into. I grew an attachment to it due to my age, also. I loved it ever since.
Write your thoughts below. vvv

That's a tough one... My name is Prime, so I love Metroid so much

But I have to say that Zelda is my favorite one, everytime I play a Zelda game is just an experience like no other.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Metroid. I could write many articles about all the games in the series and still have a desire to go back and play through them.

Super Metroid made up a big part of my childhood, more so than any Zelda or Mario game. It also is pretty incredible game design, so that's good, too.

Menashe

That might have been the hardest decision I've ever had to make. At first I was like, Metroid Prime, Super Metroid. What's the question? Metroid, of course. But, for some reason I felt an overall fondness much stronger towards the Zelda series. Maybe it's because every single freaking game, all 16, in the series is awesome. So, I chose Earthbound. Yeah, nothing touches the Mother series for me. Mother is art.

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
Absolutely Mario. Zelda comes in second, but as far as "fun-ness" in video games goes, nothing touches Mario, in my humblest of opinions.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Had you asked me this in 2006, it would have been Zelda. Without question. Twilight Princess pulled me back into the Hyrule/Nintendo fold. LoZ made me a Nintendo lifer, after two gens with Sony.

And the rush that comes with a new Zelda is something that I just can't describe. The feeling of going to pick up my Skyward Sword bundle? It's like I was a kid again.

So.

My answer is, of course, Metroid.

After Zelda pulled me back, Metroid made me stay. Corruption's controls inspired outright awe in me, and after it, I felt a need to go back and re-educate myself on the franchise. I had rushed through prior games. I owned a Genesis, so I played Super sporadically, and in passing, during my youth. Substitute in the PS2, and you have the same story with Prime when I was in college. I gained a completely new appreciation for the games on Wii (mainly because I truly immersed myself in them; and I will also add that they were kind of there for me when I needed an escape in my life). While most other people have been looking for the next big thing on the PS3 and 360, I discovered that Super Metroid was the most genius piece of game design I've ever seen. Still is. It' so good that I can't even constantly play it. I have to savor it.

Put it this way:
When the commercials/trailers for Skyward Sword came on, I thought "awesome, I can't wait for this."
When the commerical for Other M came on, I thought "oh, so that's what K2L looks like." And the gameplay trailer? Pretty sure I wet myself.

Ex-Actarus

That's a tough one...

My head would say Metroid,

My heart would say Zelda,

But the facts are saying... Mario,

There isn't any other franchise I played more games with.

I grew up with pokemon and was my first portable game (well that and mario tennis) but I will have to go on earthbound. I have love that series so much and is one of the greatest rpg's I have ever played. Mother 3 moved me and made me care about the characters unlike any other portable rpg before. The combo system worked great and made you feel more engaged with it. It is a very touch decision but I will say that the mother series just about gets my vote

Menashe

Mother 64 on the left and Mother 3 on the right. Yes, they were the same game with the same characters and concept, only it got moved from 3D to 2D. So, if you were interested then, it can still interest you now. There's always time to go repent and join the religion of Mother.

"Menashe" wrote:

Mother 64 on the left and Mother 3 on the right. Yes, they were the same game with the same characters and concept, only it got moved from 3D to 2D. So, if you were interested then, it can still interest you now. There's always time to go repent and join the religion of Mother.
Well they did redesign the main character though (if I remember right)

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
Metroid for me. I love every single entry and everything about every game.

Oh..actually, I haven't completed Metroid I, II or Super Metroid...which kind of negates what I just said entirely!

...But I do love them all the same!!!

...Maybe I'll just change my answer to Zelda..

Had a look to see if I could track a copy down, cant find one. Doh. Was it a stand alone release or was it bundled with 1 or more other games like the whole trilogy?