Favourite Title Screens in games

So I've been playing Ocarina of Time 3D recently and just thought this would be a fun thread. What are your favourite title screens in any games?

For me, my #1 favourite is OoT.....dem goosebumps....dat piano.....dat epona.....dat moon....

How about you guys?

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Thinking on this I've never pondered such a thing.

But now that the question is out there I have examined my mind on title screens.

The one that pops out to me the most is the Perfect Dark beginning on the N64.

My second would have to go to Metroid Prime.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I'm glad Xenoblade Chronicles was brought up, because the simplicity of the menu itself, coupled with the Theme song in the background made me sit, watch and listen to the menu for a good 5-10 minutes while I was simply in awe of what I was seeing and hearing.

Notable games that I also thought had great menu screens were Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Metroid Prime, and of course Skies of Arcadia. I bring up Skies because when I see the menu screen of Xenoblade, it reminds me of SKies of Arcadia, and that was over ten years ago. Like Xenoblade, Skies went through the daylight and nighttime, all the while playing the theme song in the background.

Sorry, Xenoblade fans, Skies did it first. :p

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
I'm glad Xenoblade Chronicles was brought up, because the simplicity of the menu itself, coupled with the Theme song in the background made me sit, watch and listen to the menu for a good 5-10 minutes while I was simply in awe of what I was seeing and hearing.

Notable games that I also thought had great menu screens were Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Metroid Prime, and of course Skies of Arcadia. I bring up Skies because when I see the menu screen of Xenoblade, it reminds me of SKies of Arcadia, and that was over ten years ago. Like Xenoblade, Skies went through the daylight and nighttime, all the while playing the theme song in the background.

Sorry, Xenoblade fans, Skies did it first. :p
never got to play skies of arcadia, but ive always wanted to. i wish i could score a copy without paying retarded prices on amazon/ebay.

Odo

I've never thought about that but as soon as I see the Ocarina of Time title screen I recall the song. And then I recall the sound of pressing Start. And then I recall the song of file screen.

Ok, I'm almost crying.

I vote Ocarina of Time.

Cubits

Xenoblade is great, but metroid prime is the best. It's a massive shame the menu was dropped for the trilogy though.

Perfect dark gets a mention for its experimental menu which lead to many hub based games.

ZyroXZ2

Pikmin 3, hands down... So peaceful, so pretty... So... Calming ^_^ It's practically therapeutic, and I want it as a live screensaver on my PC!

beanboy

Here are some of my favourite title screens.

Metroid Prime 1
Zelda The Wind Waker
Powerstone 1
Skies of Arcadia
PN.0.3
Lost Kingdoms 1

Last edited: