Final Fantasy XV Super Thread....

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I really hate the character design for this game, and I'm not expecting to like the story. But the world design, the monster design, and the gameplay all look great. Really seems like the return to the Final Fantasy games of the PS1 and SNES era, especially because of the "airship" that affects how you move in the overworld. I've gone from mildly interested to hyped with reservations.

But seriously, fuck that character design. Imagine if a Mexican developer made their version of Final Fantasy, and all their main characters looked like they were taken out directly form those shitty soap operas (telenovelas).

Or how about those Indian soap operas?

This is the equivalent of that, but Japanese.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
The gameplay is what has made me a believer.... The end....

It's like they took Crisis Core and mixed it with Kingdom Hearts....

And now that we know what the FFVII Remake will play like.... I'm even more excited to play that than this....

Fuck yes....

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/250/1250166/

"FF15" "UNCOVERED FFXV" deliver a Q & A and development interviews on-site conference

Rough translation....

It was carried out in the United States Los Angeles local time on March 30, recital of "FFXV" "UNCOVERED FFXV". The recital the next day, such as conferences and developer interviews for the media also been carried out, it was possible to again check the point to be worried about the "FFXV". In this question-and-answer session and on-site conference, let's deliver developer interview.

First of all for the question-and-answer session at the "UNCOVERED FFXV" conference, posted to pick up its contents! With the participation some parts of the media, question-and-answer session that was posed a question to every one of the development staff.

As development staff to answer questions, "FFXV" other Tadashi Tabata's director, full CG video work "King slave" director Takeshi Nozue said, "FFXV" related work Yoko Shimomura maker of a wide range of music in "FFXV universe", anime Mr. Akio video work "Brotherhood FFXV" producer OTOH, five of Mr. "Justice Monsters five" producer Motohashi Colonel a pinball game and application of where you can enjoy in the "FFXV" participated, went to answer a variety of questions.

- In the development of "FFXV" What a big challenge most is?

Tabata said : is to switch to the global model. Previously, it was a model case that export to the launch then, localized in Japan. This model, which is significantly different, it is where the most difficult there were many.

- Shimomura's the original of any such discussions with Tabata's us, do we have to promote the music?

Shimomura said : the "FFXV" in the main, we ask them to write several songs, even "King slave". But there is a lot of content this time, are doing a composer on the main since only I one, it is also or have thought that's unfair (laughs).

Because again it is difficult to charge of the songs 1 people, while asked to support a lot of people of the excellent staff that is willing to partition and great composer of the people and recording, I'm making a song.

But is such a situation, but surely I get to pick up on the field's & Nozue's us the place that it is better that I wrote, still kind of songs with strong feelings both for two people. While listening to the various ways opinion, I would like to make something good, we work hard every day.

They are pretty tough for, I think that the Bun'ii things are made. Because there is a lot of songs that are not still published, please wait to look forward to.

- Is the "FF" series music Speaking of Nobuo Uematsu's but, Uematsu's music has left a strong impression reminiscent of "FF". And taste such Uematsu-san was built, Mr. the taste of Shimomura, how do you have to go fused?

Shimomura said : music is terribly abstract, we believe that's what is left and right to the emotion. I do have to really respect the Mr. Uematsu, also was supposed to be joining Square, I'm such because Position users who have grown up in the music of "FF".

That's why, I think that he is come to this place. If we make the music do not forget that feeling, even without conscious that such Toka continue to follow Toka compromise, I have thought that or not is going to become the music of Mr. Uematsu was built "FF" you.

- Pinball game "Justice Monsters Five" is, do you thing that how involved in the main part of the "FFXV"?

Motohashi said : in the game that Nokuto us four people at the main part is terribly addicted, when we stopped, such as the gas station, has become a thing called playing to start the game at every thing.

- Please tell me interlocking of the main title and the app, also accounting system of the or F2P as to whether the.

Motohashi said : soon and the game of the smartphone to provide, "FFXV" story within the game will be exactly the same thing.

Everyone who played the game in the smartphone is, when you play bought "FFXV" main, "Whoa!" Justice Monsters Five "is or not a play," or can I think, on the contrary in the main "Justice Monsters Five" after playing the, it can be or play anytime, anywhere in the smartphone.

And a business model as an application, but it will control the free-to-play of F2P.However that accounting elements are not strong ones, leave the promise here.

- Is the "Platinum demonstration" that delivered the other day, but seem to be lower than the frame rate was expecting. The final version Will a plan to go or to be the same frame rate as the "Platinum Demo", the further optimization and adjustment towards the retail version?

Tabata said : The answer, towards the product version, is scheduled to go to improve more and more. "Platinum demo" of this time, has introduced the experimental dynamic resolution, the upper limit will be in full HD.

The contents of the "Platinum demo" is not intended to determine the precision of the frame rate too much, because they are that get to experience some of the world's "FFXV", first completed the technology verification with respect to resolution, introduced it.

Also, this demo offers the same specs the PS4 version and Xbox One version. It is, as much as possible to lower the threshold for the user, because I did not want to put a difference. However, with respect to this volume, since the optimization for each of the hardware or become exactly the same, you do not have decided the clear for now.

- Atmosphere of "Platinum demo" was I thought that really was good. Old is impressive, such as playful and fun atmosphere have revived the "FF". Movies such as "King slave" is, because it is more dark atmosphere and tone, of which was a different direction and it is, I think we really was good. Or tone of the final "FFXV" will of such playful incoming?

Tabata said : If you say that or completely be the same tone as the "Platinum Demo", does not it become. I have a tone of "FFXV" is to "FFXV".

And the tone in the dream of Nokuto of childhood, and the tone of when it becomes serious when it becomes an adult, I think that comes out big difference. However, since the story of the friendship of the young men, may or may not be where you think that the childish When viewed from the woman.

In that sense, bright and positive tone can be said to have entered also among the main.Contrast of serious Sato of drama, or will not come into play well. For the sense of fun, because I there is a similar idea, I think that want as much as possible incorporated in this volume.

- Do you have any works that inspired that you want to create an open world?

Tabata said : all, now of Western-based open world AAA title of inspiration has been received. But the origin of the inspiration that continue to seamlessly world is "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" of Nintendo 64. This is the best.

- A lot of people in the recital was most excited, I think it was flying regalia. Sky and Lovely Idol regalia is, how do we change the gameplay emphasis?

Tabata said : Regalia flying model, by promoting quite a game, enables custom. It hits the element speedrun is as a game.

Although this it's also where you can not go only the flying model after you got, in the story, there is no fact that such customization is required.

The aim of flying model There are two. One is free to the fact that want to fly the sky in the car, which has traveled much. The other one is that the capture of when the flight aboard the real airplane, the thrilling sensation of landing as a game of. I is'm easy to take off, landing will be the very thing if Kere do not do well.

- Will the PS4 own operation means such as a touch pad is utilized? Also do we have been in VR specific policies and experiment with "FFXV"?

Tabata said : Planning of special measures for the controller of the PS4 While it seems there are, not implementation. Are you interested with respect to VR. Specific tests, I've been doing a lot from the front matter of fact more than one year.

In some form, if Tadoritsukere to a place called go if this even as we, I want to consider the offer. However, how to catch for the VR is, rather than a restrictive understand fully the experience, I think the thing to become a new experience.

--PC Version of "FFXV" is do you come out? Also, why not do a PC version?

Tabata said : If as advanced in plans to put out the PC version, you will have still issued in the console version and the close timing. However, since such a plan is not, does not that the PC version comes out in the console version and the close timing.

So, our Direct-XI generation what has been developed and research, we will put once all the console version. After you lock the specification, while thinking more upper specs, we plan to study the PC version from there.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
- Please tell us about the future release schedule of "Brotherhood FFXV". What made possible the purchase and viewing at the non-streaming in the future?

OTOH Mr. : The episode of the delivery time, "Brotherhood FFXV" is made up in all 5 episodes. All is calculated back from the release date of "FFXV", for it has a base of one story every month, this time in conjunction with this recital, it was prior to delivery only the first episode.

The second episode and later, for the launch from June to September, we plan to deliver one episode every month. As one of the inlet for the "Brotherhood FFXV" is to get to know "FFXV", first of you who would like to take care of that get seen to everyone free of charge, the same as the disk version is also game I thought that should I be able to sell at the timing.

However, the disk version release of has been decided now is only in Japan. In other regions, such as whether to take any such sales form from now, we would like to consider.But, lucky person who has been put in the Ultimate Edition in hand, you can enjoy in the disk version of the World Wide.

- Episode of "Brotherhood FFXV" is, do you all become scale of about 10 to 12 minutes?

OTOH Mr. : the first episode, we make reference to the approximately 10 minutes. Each story has been made by assuming a roughly about 10 minutes, depending on whether to express what, scale is back and forth. And it does not necessarily mean that fixed and do at this scale.

- "Brotherhood FFXV" is is that all five episodes, do you all work has been completed? If the production has not been completed, in response to the feedback from the fans, such as correspondence and change, Will there plans to changing the production?

OTOH Mr. : screenplay is not nearly completed, is a situation in which only the first episode has been completed. The second episode later is being acclaimed production. And the first episode will be published, so we also looked at like your feedback on the net, if there is such as that something can accommodate, we think that we want to reflect.

- The disk version that shipped with the Ultimate Edition I have heard that has been recorded is the sixth episode of "Brotherhood FFXV". Are there any future plans to deliver it?

OTOH Mr : As I said earlier, there is a single released as a disk version. And, in the disk contains the additional scene. But this does not mean that Episode 6, those that only add scene enters. Besides the Ultimate Edition, I think that is how to enter the hand there always.

- Some of the video of "King slave", can see the company sign, such as Uniqlo and JAL, but appears to be a company collaboration?

Nozue Mr. : First of all, there was a concept which it will gradually moved to the fantasy world from the real world. And, although become the stage for this time of the story is the capital of Insomnia, there I had originally thought to model in Tokyo.

From the company's who agree with those of the concept, it has become the flow of the efforts that are asked to put I use your ad.

- For the other day announced voice actor and cast, but "King slave" is, of course, do you also character voices in the game this volume is the same person is in charge?

Nozue Mr. : voice actor, who I am to announce the other day will be only to basically "King slave".

- The "FFXV" universe are making now, do you have any plans to be the foundation of out will come "FFXVI" in the future?

Tabata said : I do not. Only this is a thing of "FFXV".

- This just spending time in a huge asset production, I think that finished the amazing thing. Do you have a future, "FFXIII" series like the Dattari spin-off, is scheduled to make another work to share the view of the world?

Tabata said : One of the goals of "FFXV" universe, that get to touch as many of the user's the "FFXV". If the content that get there, consideration is possible. Or only of how can maximize the numbering title "FFXV", and how the viewpoint of how to best ones, think of all.

Tabata Mr. & Nozue Mr. & OTOH Mr. interview!
 I went to after the conference ended from here, Tabata Mr. & Nozue Mr. & OTOH posted his interview. Further, the point to be worried about, I tried some heard.

- In the recital, but was moving picture of Amano's as 3DCG, it is to take advantage of the technology that is used in the game, do you thing you are running?

Tabata said : You're doing of course with technology that has been cultivated in the game development. In the past, a case where I am painting in Amano, received drew Thank you the picture I had and, of that had been asked to let put on when you issue the release was almost.

But this time, because we "FFXV" is a considerable challenge, I went to the ask and Could you the challenge together also Amano-san. In, and say what kind of challenge you want, but "FF" is Art was strong, technology I was want to become weak, in the "FFXV", because the two this are trying to balance one more time, Amano It was that please let 3D conversion put the technology to's picture.

I was received the OK to Amano's against it. Instead of that try to use the game technology well, most of the purpose of this initiative, I was that trying to Amano's picture in one of the work of "FFXV".

- Please tell me the future development plan of "FFXV".

Tabata said : First, starting with the hands-on at E3, and from there we would like as much as possible the opportunity to get to touch the actual product version of the user's.

- As in the previous trial, do you think the update of "Platinum demo"?

Tabata said : now not yet considered. Even when the previous trial, But we initially did not consider (laughs).

- What what is the specific feedback of the "Brotherhood FFXV"?

OTOH Mr. : say that user feedback is located in places difficult. Since the scenario itself is up. With respect to the first episode, which was published the other day, I mean that there is already lot of reaction, for example, in place in time from now, and I think we have a little more different to show the way, the fact that replacing the director is, thought that is there you have.

That said, it is whether or not be changed specifically, while discussions with A-1 Pictures's and director's production company, we would like to consider.

- In addition to the regalia, do you vehicle that can fly to or appearance?

Tabata said : I do not think. I thought as myself as the story of "FFXV" those without Myakuryaku unrelated, this is than put out a kind of "FF" just because airship, is better to fly in the Regalia, which have traveled much, and say absolutely you have.

- It seems there is also a boat, does it it is a single vehicle? Or or was something that could do customize the regalia?

Tabata said : That it is a single boat. You difference at all also look (laughs).

- But is an enterprise collaboration that appeared in "King slave", how much of you will or not there the number of companies of?

Nozue Mr. : We ask them to agree to the five to six enterprises.

- What will happen to any lineup cast of Japan version of "King slave"?

Nozue Mr. : a matter of fact to leave the country just before, had carried out a voice recording (laughs). And it has become a fairly luxurious lineup, I've been asked to charge to the people of quite mogul of voice actor. Until the announcement, I think you'll a little more wait.

- On September 30, "FFXV" was released, in October and appeared PS VR. It is very Release Date nearly becomes likely, or VR correspondence happens of "FFXV" is a place to be worried about.

Tabata said : I have the research and development of VR, there is nothing that is actually decided. But I think that there is a place to be seen in conjunction with a head-mounted display I VR, by itself, make that actually experience's a breakthrough, I think that it is promising in the future.

In the meantime, the boundaries of reality and VR, but I think going a little more lost, surely now has a strong image of a head-mounted display to be mounted on the head, the place quite difficult to generalize. When the work in what way, to put out the Square Enix ness, it is the stage of exploring whether properly delivered fun to the user's.

- After the release "FFXV", or have been considered, such as downloadable content?

Tabata : I believe. The purpose is that for those who have purchased the "FFXV", get to play long. It is also free ones, because it takes the cost is of course production, but some put the price. However, it does not have is still content to FIX.

Also announced in such a stage, even if they do for the user's, will sometimes not get received is too positive. So, properly ready, if this becomes a stage where travel and something good, and then officially announced. Long and, I think what you get is thought that it was good to buy "FFXV".

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Things I got from that:
-Yoko Shimomura is involved. She's made great music with Nintendo and with Squaresoft/Square Enix, so it's going to be good. I didn't get who else she's working with.
-Once this game is finished, they'll think about porting to PC.
-There is a boat in addition to the car, but I think the boat doesn't transform or anything.
-No VR, they'll think about what to do with VR later, not necessarily with this game.
-They refer to Ocarina of Time as inspiration because of its seamless open world.

Wow I remember this thread. Hopefully more people are excited for it now then when I made it in 2013. Oh yeah I ended up hating X in the end lmao, wish it was more like Chronicles.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Wow I remember this thread. Hopefully more people are excited for it now then when I made it in 2013. Oh yeah I ended up hating X in the end lmao, wish it was more like Chronicles.
I hope you don't mind me editing it and updating it with info for you riku.... If so, I appologize... I'm just really hyped for this game and wanted to share all the new info....

So I figured, why make a new thread when this one is already good....

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
http://www.4gamer.net/games/075/G007535/20160422129/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/a-final-fantasy-disease-affected-square-enix-direc/1100-6440066/

"Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata has opened up on the lengthy and at times strained development of the RPG, mentioning what he described as a "Final Fantasy disease."

In a back-and-forth interview between Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada and Tabata for 4Gamer, Harada asked if there was "backlash" internally when Tabata took over as the game's director in 2012.

"Oh yeah, there was," Tabata explained, according to a translation from Kotaku. "It wasn't only from inside the team, but outside as well. The reason was that if my way of doing it ended up working, there are those whose circumstances will worsen."

It should be noted that Tabata reportedly laughed after speaking that last line.

Tabata went on to say that it was important to make changes to the Final Fantasy formula for Final Fantasy XV, even if not everyone agreed.

"Around that time, I realized that among fans as well, there are people who've caught Final Fantasy disease," he said.

What's the "Final Fantasy disease"? Tabata frankly explained: "It refers to people within the company who can't imagine anything other than their own view of Final Fantasy."

He added: "Since the root is a strong self-affirmation, one's own view of Final Fantasy takes more priority than the team's success. If that view of Final Fantasy isn't fulfilled, then they're convinced that it's bad for Final Fantasy. They think, 'Since Final Fantasy is a special team, then we are also special because we are making it. When the new Final Fantasy comes out, everybody is going to be so into it.' But that's not the reality of the situation, is it?"

The director went on to say that, at one point in Final Fantasy XV's development, he told the team, "We're not special. Wake up."

"I realized that when Final Fantasy XV news was made public--this wasn't only inside the company. Everyone has FF disease."

Finally, Tabata said he could not stress enough that Final Fantasy needs to "modernize" or else it might fade away.

"At this point, if the series didn't modernize, I think it could've been done for," he said.

This isn't the first time Tabata has offered some frank comments on the state of the Final Fantasy brand. He said in April 2016 that, when he took over as director on the project, one of his first decisions was to conduct an analysis of the current state of the Final Fantasy brand in Japan. The results were not promising. Tabata said the franchise, at the time, was considered a "dying IP that had already peaked."

Why go on with Final Fantasy XV if that was the case? Tabata said he believes fans continue to have faith in the developer to make something great.

"One thing I've felt from fans is that they are disappointed in the current state of Final Fantasy, but still have hope in terms of where the brand could go," he explained at the time.

Final Fantasy XV launches in September 2016 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. APC version could come later, but nothing has been decided."

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I couldn't be happier with the action direction of the series towards a more Kingdom Hearts style gameplay....

If FFXV was more of the same, I would not have been as interested as I am now....

I've wanted this direction from FF ever since I played Crisis Core....

And I consdier it to be the future of the series....

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
http://kotaku.com/poll-most-japanese-college-students-havent-played-a-fi-1778141185

http://news.nicovideo.jp/watch/nw2198805

"Actually, 70.3 percent of those who replied said they hadn’t.

NicoNico reports that MyNavi polled 401 male and female university students (200 men and 201 women) in Japan and asked them if they had ever played a game in the Final Fantasy series. And how did they reply?

Yes
119 students (29.7 percent)

No
282 students (70.3 percent)

What reasons did the students give for saying why they’d never played aFinal Fantasy? Some include:

• “Because it’s a genre I’m not interested in.”
  • “I’ve never really had any interest.”
  • “Because it doesn’t look fun.”
  • “Because I wasn’t allowed to play video games at home.”
  • “Because I don’t really play video games.”
  • “Because my parents were totally against video games. Personally, I really haven’t played that many video games.”
  • “I was interested but haven’t had the chance to buy one [a FF game].”
  • “I was a little interested, but it looks difficult, so I haven’t played it.”
  • “I don’t have a game console.”
Seventy percent is a big number! But let’s not be negative. If you flip that, do you think thirty percent of those polled saying they had played a Final Fantasy game is impressive?"​

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
What is Final Fantasy?

Who's Final Fantasy true vision owner?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hironobu_Sakaguchi

"On leaving the university, Sakaguchi became a part-time employee of Square, a newly formed branch of Denyūsha Electric Company founded by Masafumi Miyamoto.[2] When Square became an independent company in 1986,[3] he became a full-time employee as the Director of Planning and Development.[4] Sakaguchi then decided to create a role-playing video game which he named Final Fantasy as a result of his personal situation; had the game not sold well, he would have quit the games industry and gone back to the university.[5] The game was released in Japan for the Nintendo Entertainment System on December 18, 1987, and was successful across Japan. Under Sakaguchi's supervision, Final Fantasy developed into a successful franchise, spanning from stand alone stories to spin-offs to direct sequels."

This man, more than anyone, understands what FF is....

Or at least.... what it used to be when it was first invisioned....

In that sense.... A lot of folks feel the last true FF game was the one he produced....

Final Fantasy IX....

It was done in the Chibi style of all of the original games before VII....

It's chibi character designs are interpretations from Yoshitaka Amano's art designs for the game, just like the older games before VII....

Basically, everything about all recent FF is Nomura....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetsuya_Nomura

VII, VIII, X, XIII and now XV, all Nomura...

Some people think the essence of FF was lost after FFVII....

It was kind of a rebirth for the series....

And everything after followed VII's path....

Except IX, which Square did to pay homage to FF's creator imo....

Then you have to also factor in the idea of when a person would have started playing FF....

To some people, FF is only Nomura, cause they are so young, that they literally started FF with VII....

In asking what FF is, you have to ask it of each individual person, because depending on who they are, you will get a different response....

I grew up play Sakaguchi's FF games and loving them, but I also loved the transition into Nomura's new world with VII, and have enjoyed visiting his worlds ever since....

But for everyone, this answer will most certainly be different....

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I couldn't be happier with the action direction of the series towards a more Kingdom Hearts style gameplay....

If FFXV was more of the same, I would not have been as interested as I am now....

I've wanted this direction from FF ever since I played Crisis Core....

And I consdier it to be the future of the series....
Damn, I'm the exact opposite. I'm not too big on Kingdom Heart's gameplay. I play that game more for it's charm and interesting mixture of Disney's IPs than anything else. However, with Final Fantasy, I play it more for the gameplay and nice appealing visuals. It's got the graphics down fine but everything else? Well...can't say I'm happy

Odo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hironobu_Sakaguchi

"On leaving the university, Sakaguchi became a part-time employee of Square, a newly formed branch of Denyūsha Electric Company founded by Masafumi Miyamoto.[2] When Square became an independent company in 1986,[3] he became a full-time employee as the Director of Planning and Development.[4] Sakaguchi then decided to create a role-playing video game which he named Final Fantasy as a result of his personal situation; had the game not sold well, he would have quit the games industry and gone back to the university.[5] The game was released in Japan for the Nintendo Entertainment System on December 18, 1987, and was successful across Japan. Under Sakaguchi's supervision, Final Fantasy developed into a successful franchise, spanning from stand alone stories to spin-offs to direct sequels."

This man, more than anyone, understands what FF is....

Or at least.... what it used to be when it was first invisioned....

In that sense.... A lot of folks feel the last true FF game was the one he produced....

Final Fantasy IX....

It was done in the Chibi style of all of the original games before VII....

It's chibi character designs are interpretations from Yoshitaka Amano's art designs for the game, just like the older games before VII....

Basically, everything about all recent FF is Nomura....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetsuya_Nomura

VII, VIII, X, XIII and now XV, all Nomura...

Some people think the essence of FF was lost after FFVII....

It was kind of a rebirth for the series....

And everything after followed VII's path....

Except IX, which Square did to pay homage to FF's creator imo....

Then you have to also factor in the idea of when a person would have started playing FF....

To some people, FF is only Nomura, cause they are so young, that they literally started FF with VII....

In asking what FF is, you have to ask it of each individual person, because depending on who they are, you will get a different response....

I grew up play Sakaguchi's FF games and loving them, but I also loved the transition into Nomura's new world with VII, and have enjoyed visiting his worlds ever since....

But for everyone, this answer will most certainly be different....
So we have basically 2 groups

G1 - I to VI and IX
G2 - VII to XV, but not IX

Now, could explain a bit about what Fabula Nova Crystallis mean? It's a world/timeline some FF share? Are there more of them?

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
So we have basically 2 groups

G1 - I to VI and IX
G2 - VII to XV, but not IX

Now, could explain a bit about what Fabula Nova Crystallis mean? It's a world/timeline some FF share? Are there more of them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabula_Nova_Crystallis_Final_Fantasy

"Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy (Japanese: ファブラ ノヴァ クリスタリス ファイナルファンタジー Hepburn: Fabura Nova Kurisutarisu Fainaru Fantajī?) is a series of games within the Final Fantasy video game franchise, developed and published by Square Enix. While featuring various worlds and different characters, each Fabula Nova Crystallis game is ultimately based on and expands upon a common mythos focusing around important crystals tied to deities. The series title translates from Latin as 'The New Tale of the Crystal'. The original titles in the series were handled by Square Enix's 1st Production Department, with each development team given the freedom to adapt the mythos to fit the context of a game's story.

The series, originally announced in 2006 as Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII, currently consists of six games across multiple platforms. Final Fantasy XIII, designed as the series' flagship title, was released in 2009. The creative forces behind the series include many developers from previous Final Fantasy titles, including Shinji Hashimoto and Motomu Toriyama. The mythos was conceived and written by Kazushige Nojima. The first games made for the series were Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XV (as Versus XIII), with Final Fantasy Type-0 (as Agito XIII) coming later. All three games went through delays. After XIII and Type-0's releases, their respective teams used ideas and concepts from development to create additional games. For later games, other studios have been brought in to help with aspects of development.

As of 2015, five titles have been released in the series, and two further titles, Final Fantasy XV and Final Fantasy Type-0 Online, are in production. Individual games have generally received a positive reception, although opinions have been more mixed over various aspects of the three XIII games. Reception of the mythos' use in the released games has also been mixed: while some critics called it confusing or too similar to the lore of the main series, others were impressed by its scope and use. The series is complemented by works in related media, including companion books, novelizations, and manga."

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
I'm excited for this game.
I wasn't a fan of XCX at all. Got boring after 20 hours or so. I'll come back to it one day though. But Final Fantasy is more my jam, and so is Persona. Looking forward to those 2 JRPGs this year hopefully we get both.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/05...on-on-gameplay-and-more-graphics-wait-for-e3/

Giuseppe Nelva
on May 31, 2016 3:14 PM

Final Fantasy XV Gets Lots of Information on Gameplay and More; Graphics? “Wait for E3”

During a community-driven Active Time Report broadcast, Final Fantasy XV Director Hajime Tabata provided quite a lot of information on gameplay and more.

You can read a recap below.

• You can’t climb in the game.
  • There’s something similar to a skill tree to learn abilities.
  • The game is not an open world in the sense that you can go absolutely anywhere you like, but the field is very vast and as you proceed with the story, the variety of places you can go to increases.
  • About difficulty, your ability with action games isn’t critical. Since it’s a Final Fantasy RPG, the action is designed to be enjoyed by a wide variety of gamers and operation is pretty simple. It’s also designed so that you learn how to control it little by little. There will be difficulty options, and a certain twist that we’ll hear more about at E3.
  • The next episode of Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV anime will come around the time frame of E3.
  • Tabata-san can’t reveal all the weapons yet, as the Armiger is related to the story and it would be a spoiler.There are seven weapon types, but each type has a lot of variety within it.
  • There won’t be a gallery mode at release. They might plan something afterwards. A photo mode is not planned.
  • The Regalia (Noctis’ car) is faster than Chocobos.
  • The man with the main hood that appears in older trailers will be in the game even if he hasn’t been showcased lately.
  • Tabata-san was asked about the impression that the graphics have been downgraded from Episode Duscae to Platinum Demo, and he said to please wait for E3.
  • You can’t drive the boat on your own, but you can rotate the camera.
  • It’s possible to freely save the game anywhere.
  • You can go back and check previously visited places before the last boss.
  • You can fast travel to places you have camped at.
  • When you obtain the flying Regalia, if you crash at landing it’s game over, and you’ll go back to before the flight. Unlike conventional airships, there’s actual gameplay related to taking off and landing. Taking off is not particularly difficult, but you need to be careful on landing. It could be tense, but it won’t be that hard.
  • You can increase the performance of the chocobo by feeding him different food, increasing for instance speed and stamina for the next day.
  • Square Enix would like a PS4 bundle, but it’ll depend on Sony.
We also learn that the next Active Time Report will happen on June 13th, just before E3.

Below you can check the video out. At the very end, there are a couple of minutes of chocobo gameplay.

Last edited:

Odo

I'm excited for this game.
I wasn't a fan of XCX at all. Got boring after 20 hours or so. I'll come back to it one day though. But Final Fantasy is more my jam, and so is Persona. Looking forward to those 2 JRPGs this year hopefully we get both.
Persona is on my wishlist too.

I wasn't excited about this FF, but I'm starting to.

Odo

I'm watching a lot of videos about FFXV. I still would like to play it, but .. I'm not that excited. In many ways gameplay looks rather generic.