Friends Code Thread: Half Ass Edition

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Honestly, I don't see how the Friend Codes are any different than giving someone your gamer tag. It's still something you have to give your friend to enter.

Edit: Yes, I know you can remember gamer tags and whatnot easier than friend codes. And I'm guessing by the time a month or two goes by, if you have Facebook and Twitter added to your Nintendo Account, you'll be able to add any of your friends from their that also have Switch.

Last edited:

Odo

I don't want to argue that.

I get that for any Nintendo fan, Friend Code as an outdated feature, is completely irrelevant, let alone here, where most of the users are Nintendo early adopters fans and super happy with what Nintendo offers.

It was just a joke.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Yeah we already all got each other added and I've probably spent a whole of 3 mins doing that. It's no different than tags it's no biggie. There are many other options for adding friends there just not available yet.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Really? A friend code thread? This must be a Nintendo forum.

:D
It really takes us back to the Wii days.

To be serious, though, the system has more options for adding friends now. If you added someone in another Nintendo app, it will show up on your "suggested friends" list. You can add people in person with a bluetooth handshake. And you can see a list of people you've played with recently, and add them from there. All it's really missing in my opinion (and it's a big one) is the ability to search for other people by username or NNID.

GaemzDood

2209-0033-5486. I wanna play Monster Hunter 4 with someone. The game is boring as fuck alone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Koenig

The Architect
Honestly, I don't see how the Friend Codes are any different than giving someone your gamer tag. It's still something you have to give your friend to enter.

Edit: Yes, I know you can remember gamer tags and whatnot easier than friend codes. And I'm guessing by the time a month or two goes by, if you have Facebook and Twitter added to your Nintendo Account, you'll be able to add any of your friends from their that also have Switch.
The key thing IMO is that you can create your own and thus attach meaning to your gamer tag, as apposed to just a generic 12 digit code that will be a compelte nightmare for most people to remember. Gamertags are simply a better option than Friend codes, although I do feel that a combination of the two would work best.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
The key thing IMO is that you can create your own and thus attach meaning to your gamer tag, as apposed to just a generic 12 digit code that will be a compelte nightmare for most people to remember. Gamertags are simply a better option than Friend codes, although I do feel that a combination of the two would work best.
I remember when I used to use ICQ (for those that don't know it was a chat client)... you had a long code thatw as always the same, which allowed you to change your username, and have duplicate usernames...

that being said, you could still look people up by these temporary usernames if you didn't have the code...

in this example, even though your name was taken before you created your my nintendo account name, it wouldn't matter here... it wouldn't matter that there were 2 koenigs, and you could change it toi something else later if you wanted too... and that change would carry over to everyone who was linked to you...

it could make thigns confusing when looking up people and getting duplicates, in those cases just a small amount of info, like an associated e-mail address helped you determine if you had the right koenig

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
I think I must have written it wrong.

I made a pinned post on the Discord server and I'm wanting to put your friend codes on that pinned post. I can throw your discord names in here but if they can get on the discord server already it's somewhat redundant because they can right click your name and select add friend.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
I think I must have written it wrong.

I made a pinned post on the Discord server and I'm wanting to put your friend codes on that pinned post. I can throw your discord names in here but if they can get on the discord server already it's somewhat redundant because they can right click your name and select add friend.
that is fine too for me

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
Hey guys...I'm finally putting these friend codes on Discord after months! Let me know if you would rather I delete your FC from the discord. Bug people to post in here if they are active but dont' have a code in here to share!