Friends of Nintendo Humble Bundle....

AutisAwsome

AKA FloppyPony. I am on twitter and facebook to :3
but how does this work? do you pay to be able to pay for the game or does 1 dollar really pay for all those games or does it pay for one of your choice? I'm afraid I don't think I can join in coz I am in uk :oops:

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
but how does this work? do you pay to be able to pay for the game or does 1 dollar really pay for all those games or does it pay for one of your choice? I'm afraid I don't think I can join in coz I am in uk :oops:
http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/26/11510538/nintendo-humble-bundle-north-america-europe

When the Humble Bundle organization teamed up with Nintendo for a pay-what-you-want batch of indie games last May, it was the first time that console games had ever been available in a Humble Bundle. It was also the first time Nintendo participated in a Humble Bundle.

Today, the two companies launched a new group of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games: the Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle. It's designed to address some of the most notable complaints about Nintendo's first Humble Bundle.

MUST READ

Nintendo gets a Humble Bundle and it's all indies
"With Nintendo's help, we've aimed to craft a bundle that will have the widest appeal possible," said John Graham, co-founder and chief operating officer of Humble Bundle, in an email interview.

The organization's previous collaboration with Nintendo, the Humble Nindie Bundle — named after Nintendo's moniker for the indie developers it works with — was available exclusively in North America because only Nintendo of America was involved in the process. Damon Baker, who handles marketing for third-party developers and publishers at Nintendo of America, told Polygon in June that the Nindie bundle was region-locked in order to protect the developers.

"The fact is that some of that content hadn't even been released in Europe yet," Baker said at the time. "And so releasing it on a global scale would have been really difficult because either the content hadn't been released or had been recently released, and it would have been detrimental to those developers to already have such a drastic discount associated with it." Baker added that a region-free bundle was possible in the future.

Nintendo hasn't quite gotten there yet, but the Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle is a major step in that direction. This time around, both Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe partnered with Humble Bundle for the package. That means that Wii U and 3DS owners in North America, Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand will be able to buy the bundle and redeem download codes for its games.

The bundle includes the following games:

The Humble Nindie Bundle only featured indie games, which made sense considering the package's name. But the Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle also includes a couple of AAA titles from major third-party publishers. Buyers who pay at least $13 will receive copies of Dimps and Capcom's Super Street Fighter 4: 3D Edition for 3DS, as well as Vigil Games' Darksiders 2 for Wii U.

Last year's Nintendo bundle supported the charity Code.org, a nonprofit organization that seeks to increase diversity in the field of computer science by bringing in women and people of color. The bundle raised more than $120,000 for the charity, according to Baker.

MUST READ

Nintendo on its future with Humble Bundles and the value of indies
Nintendo of America chose Code.org again for the Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle. Buyers of the bundle can also contribute to a second charity, one that Nintendo of Europe picked: SOS Children's Villages International, an Austria-based nongovernmental organization that works to strengthen families and communities in an effort to support the welfare of children.

Graham told Polygon that Humble Bundle has been working for "a few months" with Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe on the new bundle, and specifically focused on the regional availability of the games.

"The criticism we heard from customers was that avid Nintendo and Humble Bundle fans in Europe could not participate in the promotion," said Graham of last year's Nindie package. "We listened to their feedback and worked closely with both [Nintendo of Europe] and [Nintendo of America] to bring this follow-up bundle to a much wider audience."

Download codes for Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Australia and New Zealand must be redeemed on the Nintendo eShop for 3DS or Wii U. Keys for Nintendo of Europe can be redeemed on the web as well as in the eShop, except for the Retro City Rampage: DX theme, the code for which must be entered in the 3DS eShop.

The Humble Friends of Nintendo Bundle will be available from 11 a.m. PDT today until the same time on May 10. Humble Bundle is set to reveal a group of additional titles halfway through the period, at 11 a.m. PDT on May 3.

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
Another awesome bundle and this time I don't actually own any of those game.

The fact Nintendo is willing to help set up something like this shows that they can be a modern and third party friendly while still retaining that Nintendo feel. Hopefully we will see more of that Nintendo with the NX.

SkywardCrowbar

Twintelle's loyal Husbando
So, if I pay $13 for the Hunble Bundle, will I also get codes for games that haven't been announced as part of the bundle yet once they come out? $13 is the highest suggested price, so I'm assuming that is the case?

SkywardCrowbar

I paid $13 and got everything. Luckily for me, unlike last time, I didn't have a single one of these games (except for Retro City on Wii, never played it though) so I get to drastically expand my library!

SkywardCrowbar

The final 3 games just got announced a few minutes ago. If you paid more than the average of $9.74 you now also get on Wii U: Swords & Soldiers II and Runbow, and on 3DS: Nano Assault Ex.

Runbow alone makes these added 3 games a great value.

AutisAwsome

I want to join in and pay enough to get all the games there but I'm not sure how much I need to pay. it says pay more than so much to get these games so does that mean I only need to pay 10 for everything? it shows that as a default setting at the bottom but that is the lowest preset and it goes up to 25. am I missing something? just wanna clarifiy before I spend my money. if it can get it all for 10 then I will pay 15 instead coz it is for charity and that ir way too cheap for those games really :3

AutisAwsome

ok I just did it and spent about 5 more coz it for charity and it so cheap :D I am redeaming the codes right now! I is so excited! :p

AutisAwsome

WOAH! the street fighter IV 3d edition is HUGE! It has taken all my block space by itself! :eek: good thing I have a spare sd card :D I can store game digital data on those right? o_O right? :eek: also when you redeam a code does it count as bought so you could pick it up later even if you don't download it right then or do you HAVE to redeam the code imeedietly?

AutisAwsome

guys guys I know I am posting a lot here but I got a code for a game which I already own a hard copy of so you can have it!

Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure - Nintendo 3DS code
B0(zero)LF15JY54WP8Y1R

Once you use a code that game is yours. You can download it next year, download it now, play it, delete it and download again later. It's the same as buying it.

As for Street Fighter, I think you can swap out SD cards. Last year I transferred everything over to a bigger SD card to have everything in one spot, but (I'm not 100%) I think you can put Street Fighter one on card and continue using another as normal

edit: Just googled it, you can use different sd cards, but something about losing some data if you ever plan to copy everything into one bigger card later.

AutisAwsome

Once you use a code that game is yours. You can download it next year, download it now, play it, delete it and download again later. It's the same as buying it.

As for Street Fighter, I think you can swap out SD cards. Last year I transferred everything over to a bigger SD card to have everything in one spot, but (I'm not 100%) I think you can put Street Fighter one on card and continue using another as normal
I got a separate sd card I can put in the ds so I guess I have to put it in and then transfer the data? I think you can do that coz it says the data is on an sd card within the ds anyway right? o_O

I got a separate sd card I can put in the ds so I guess I have to put it in and then transfer the data? I think you can do that coz it says the data is on an sd card within the ds anyway right? o_O
Yeah if you download Street Fighter to one card, it'll be on that card until you put it in a pc and copy/paste the data onto another card.

The way I'm thinking is it's like memory cards on gamecubes. You can use multiple memory cards to store different game saves.

AutisAwsome

Yeah if you download Street Fighter to one card, it'll be on that card until you put it in a pc and copy/paste the data onto another card.

The way I'm thinking is it's like memory cards on gamecubes. You can use multiple memory cards to store different game saves.
thanks I put a new sd card in and put the code in again and it worked. first time I have done that. guess it is just like a memory card :D speaking of which, I presume it also stores save files? or does the game cartridge itself store the save? o_O

thanks I put a new sd card in and put the code in again and it worked. first time I have done that. guess it is just like a memory card :D speaking of which, I presume it also stores save files? or does the game cartridge itself store the save? o_O
I'm not sure exactly, but I think the game cartridge does. I remember reading how Resident Evil Mercenaries didn't allow players to erase their save file, so if you bought the game used, you were forced to play the old user's save file.

DarkKevit

That old bloke from Crete...
Cross posting in case other thread is dead...
Hi all, it is I returned from a fairly crappy period healhwise just to say that I bought this bundle and don't own a 3DS so all my handheld codes are up for grabs if anybody is interested. All codes are EU.

Retro City Rampage: DX - Nintendo 3DS

B0LJ1T3F2KPNFSGX
Redeem

You can redeem the download code on Nintendo eShop or on the web.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Nintendo 3DS

B0LH52WX3X5CWVLL
Redeem

Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure - Nintendo 3DS

B0LF16S65WD3DXT3
Redeem

Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Nintendo 3DS

B0LBDXG90X7YWSM2
Redeem

Nano Assault EX - Nintendo 3DS

B0L9CV1M13JBWKFJ
Redeem

Hope thes may be of use to some/one of you guys. Happy gaming.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
Cross posting in case other thread is dead...
Hi all, it is I returned from a fairly crappy period healhwise just to say that I bought this bundle and don't own a 3DS so all my handheld codes are up for grabs if anybody is interested. All codes are EU.

Retro City Rampage: DX - Nintendo 3DS

B0LJ1T3F2KPNFSGX
Redeem

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Nintendo 3DS

B0LH52WX3X5CWVLL
Redeem

Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure - Nintendo 3DS

B0LF16S65WD3DXT3
Redeem

Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Nintendo 3DS

B0LBDXG90X7YWSM2
Redeem

Nano Assault EX - Nintendo 3DS

B0L9CV1M13JBWKFJ
Redeem

Hope thes may be of use to some/one of you guys. Happy gaming.
Hey you
It's me

I remember you from the other site.
Good to see you. Hope you get better. Me? Me depressed and fighting through it. Taking a break from the other site to clear my head and chill here some.

I'd totally grab these but I got the full bundle and I'm in the USA.