Game of Thrones discussion thread (spoilers for the series and the book material covered)

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
It just seemed stupid to me.
All a sudden they're discussing like in the books who will rule the iron islands. I was hoping the other uncle shows up and then all a sudden Theon and his sister and their crew are scurrying away while the guy is crowned and he's like let's build some ships.
So I guess they'll be building ships for the rest of the season.
The problem is that you are looking at it through a book lens, the book and show are different, what is more interesting is where Yara and Theron are going... Perhaps they just stole Euro's own plan... Which would make more sense as Daenerys is all about strong females, and she would probably despise Euron. Maybe they will join in on the war in the north. The problem with a story like the Kings Moot is that it is incredibly uninteresting for TV... I love that this season is more aware about the uninteresting stories (for a show), and are blading through them... Like Dorne pissed some fans off, but there really want much to do with that story that made sense for a show, I am glad they blasted through it. It will surely come back at some point, but in a more interesting way, like an attack on Kings Landing...

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I can't tell you guys how happy I am that these boat rides are over so quickly. There's a certain other popular dark fantasy series that had much less luck with boats.

This guy spent like 8 real-time years on a "short" boat ride to some island because the manga creator kept going on hiatus.

theMightyME

This is my impression of a new Berserk chapter....

"last chapter ended with Simeon asking Guts if he wanted coffee"

*19 pages of highly detailed contemplation art, 1 page with just the word no on it *

"next chapter : June 2056"

theMightyME

f'n amazing... I still think to this day that LOST was the greatest show of all time... not perfect, but everything it lacks in some small way it more than made up for in sheer ambition... part of that was the music, which was just phenomenal... it is the first TV show to ever be 100% live orchestrated... but even aside from the live scoring... the themes were so strong, so beautiful... I was crying while watching this lol... and I attribute about 75% of that atleast to the music

aww lost.. so many powerful scenes

by the way... the Director who was most involved in LOST, their key director, was Jack Bender, and he directed this episode of game of thrones... (he also directed the constant, the episode I put a clip from LOST)

theMightyME

so if any of you guys want your opinions addressed in the video cast discussions I do just post them here with an @ to get my attention before we start recording (we record game of thrones discussions on Monday night 9pm pst)

I really want to start integrating viewer mail and such into my videos

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
Pretty boring episode last night.
Kings Landing is fuckig boring as shit. Maybe if Margery would get naked it'd be more interesting. But the Kings Landing scenes are boring as shit. I can't wait to see Danny kill that child King. He's a fucking pussy boy. Aligning himself with the faith it's just boring as shit.
The only good scenes was Bran being saved by his uncle.
Really disappointed in Arrya's decision. I see no point to why she did that.
I'm hoping she kills that bitch and takes her face to infiltrate the house of black and white and they accept her back or something. That can't happen though. I think the faceless men shit is coming to a close. I was hoping she'd complete her training and truly become no one and then they ask her to kill her brothe Jon and then she turns on the faceless men and destroys their house.
But I'm thinking she'll face that chick, kill her and head back to westeros to complete her list of kills and reunite with Jon and Sansa in the end. BOOOOOOOOOOORING

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
I actually really liked this episode and all of the nods it had to the books. Coldjen was pretty amazing, Jaime is finally on track to the Riverlands, we got to see the Freys. Dany was a bit meh but its whatever honestly. The showrunners realized that their watchers love the epic Dany moments, all of the casuals I know love it when Dany rises above everyone. My only major complaint now is that Game of Thrones lost that gritty realism that made me love it at first. Everyone is at stake in this show, however this season you can definitely feel the plot armor around certain characters.
Pretty boring episode last night.
Really disappointed in Arrya's decision. I see no point to why she did that.
I'm hoping she kills that bitch and takes her face to infiltrate the house of black and white and they accept her back or something. That can't happen though. I think the faceless men shit is coming to a close. I was hoping she'd complete her training and truly become no one and then they ask her to kill her brothe Jon and then she turns on the faceless men and destroys their house.
But I'm thinking she'll face that chick, kill her and head back to westeros to complete her list of kills and reunite with Jon and Sansa in the end. BOOOOOOOOOOORING
Well like the thing is, it would be unrealistic if she became a faceless man in a matter of days. Faceless men usually train for years, and book readers would definitely shit their pants if they did this. In fact, GRRM is probably going to end up doing something similar considering the speed that the books are moving at too (the new preview chapter makes it sound like the apocalypse is coming soon to Westeros). I don't really mind that they did this with her, let her rejoin Westeros with her new skills and knowledge. The show is racing to a close, season 5 really fucked up the pacing so they are sort of trying to make it up. I feel like the showrunners are almost tired of working on this show.

theMightyME

My only major complaint now is that Game of Thrones lost that gritty realism that made me love it at first. Everyone is at stake in this show, however this season you can definitely feel the plot armor around certain characters.
yes, definitely, the whole anyone can die thing hasn't been tested in a while... the question now though is if those days are over, or if we are being lulled into false security. I know some people are already speculating that sansa will be the shows version of stoneheart... meaning she will die, and come back as stoneheart... Arya is also in a bad position right now, as is Tyrion... I think that Tyrion has never felt less safe, it is as if the show is slowly peeling off his plot armor

I loved the episode... I loved Arya's part, and I am tense to see what happens, I adored Benjen's appearance, and I thought the high sparows play was really interesting... did you notice that Tomen's new king's guard have the symbol of the faith on their armor? I loved how we got so many returns of long gone characters... Walder frey and Edmure haven't been seen since the end of season 3, and benjen not since the beginning of season 1... and we know Blackfish is coming next week...

I also like the way the chess pieces are moving

Jaime is going to the riverlands to take care of the blackfish, which will ally him with the Frey's who have Edmure captive... meanwhile, Brienne is heading there to get the Tully forces for Sansa, which means she will surely meet up with Jaime... bran and benjen are heading south which means benjen might return to castle black to help prepare the Night's Watch... Arya now being done with the faceless men makes her vulnerable, but also puts her in position to connect with Daenery's group who might be heading to bravos in order to cross the narrow sea.... then we still have the issue of the Greyjoys... Euron has his sights on Daenerys, but Theon and Yara have a head start and a better chance of making a connection.... this would also mean that Daenerys forces has every known eunuch in the world lol.... on my video discussion of each episode at the end we do a section called pulling threads where we connect the chess piece movements and how they might come together.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
The whole King Tommen getting talked into a kingdom wide religion in like half a day... Was stupid to me. Even if that going to be in the books it's stupid as shit. Just so he can have his pussy back with him. Fucking lame if you ask me.

theMightyME

The whole King Tommen getting talked into a kingdom wide religion in like half a day... Was stupid to me. Even if that going to be in the books it's stupid as shit. Just so he can have his pussy back with him. Fucking lame if you ask me.
he has always been stupid and impressionable though and they already had him sipping the kool-aid before the first time he confronted the high sparrow

theMightyME

everything is slowing down at this point... except transportation apparently... Westeros rail is killing it

Can't believe Arya's guard was so low

Cool to see The Blackfish being a stubborn badass

Starks are not doing well at recruiting... but their time at bear island was awesome... Lady Mormont reminded me of season 2 Bran

loved the scene with Lady Olena and Cersei

we keep getting so many long forgotten characters returning

last week we had Benjen, Walder, Walder's 2 creepy sons, and Edmure

this week we got Bron, Blackfish, and the Hound

next week will be Gendry, right?

glad that Yara and Theon are headed to meet with Daenerys

Team Daenerys will have control over ALL THE EUNUCHS

--------

doing video discussion tomorrow night... anybody up to send me (as in write it here lol) some viewer mail? I want to add a mail segment to some of our shows.. but nobody writes :(

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Here's a question for your viewer mail:

What do you think Queen Margery's plan is? After last night, we know she isn't brainwashed. (I had hoped it was an act.) So, what do you see her next actions being?

sjmartin79

Agreed that Arya shouldn't have let her guard down.

Viewer Mail question: What do you see Arya's plan being once she returns to Westeros?

theMightyME

@sjmartin79
I created a new section called Ravens for viewer mail... that is where we answered your question.... if you just want to see that, skip around and look in the upper left hand corner for a picture of a raven... it is the last thing we did before the show closing stuff

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
Ehh this episode was really well made honestly, (sorry for the very late review). I liked it. It was boring sure, but this episode is probably one of the first post book episodes where they displayed writing as good as the book writing. They've been slowly getting back on track to how the show used to be with this season. I have a feeling that if they didn't stall season 5, it would have been great.

There's definitely a lot more than meets the eye with Arya's storyline you guys. Don't be fooled. I am going to staunchly believe that there was something fishy about last episode, and that we are going to get a Faceless Men mindfuck like we got last season towards the end.

theMightyME

this season has been all about confirming every fan theory, then this episode basically denies a bunch lol

Clegane Bowl
Fight Club Arya
prop actress Arya

unfortunately this basically proves that there was nothing special behind Arya's absent mindedness last week, she just seriously derpes and didn't pay attention... they could have done that whole thing much better... I think of like the way the train job was done in breaking bad... how amazing would it have been if Arya lured the waif to where she killed her, and just all of these little steps she took to gain her advantage... like a game of chess.. it would have been epic.. but they just kind of shat the story out to get it over with... a little disappointed... could have been so much better... I still have a slight unease.. as if a few episodes down the line we are going to see arya kill one of her siblings.. then take off her face to reveal herself as the waif.

I would hate that, as it would put the final nail in Arya going out like a gimp... which would suck for such an awesome character

oh well... loved the stuff with the hound this week... glad they didn't do lady stoneheart... I have a feeling they might do that with sansa... esp. if Beric Dondarrion is going north to help her... I also liked the swerve on Cersei with no trial by combat... the fight would bve awesoem to see.. especially if it was Clegane Bowl... but now it will force another measure

-----------

and now is where i beg for questions again lol... not doing the video until tuesday night, but give me anything you want us to discuss on the show.

sjmartin79

Questions:
1) What is Cersei's move now that trial by combat is out? You know she won't go down without a fight.
2) What is Dani's next step now that she's back?

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
I'm gonna cry. My predictions were all wrong. This episode was a hype deflator. It killed Clegane Bowl, Smart Arya and LSH all in one swoop.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Why did you guys think Aria was going to pull off such a baller move? She's never been very cunning, and get training with those faceless guys was very limited. That said, she DID have baller moves in these past episodes. She always knew how to run away effectively, and luring the girl to her dark room was a desperate clutch move that I think was at least a little premeditated, since we'd seen her hiding in that dark spot before with only get sword and the candle that she could easily put out.

IMO, being ridiculously cunning shouldn't have to be part of her story arc, but simply being very fast and sharp fits her well.

theMightyME

Why did you guys think Aria was going to pull off such a baller move? She's never been very cunning, and get training with those faceless guys was very limited. That said, she DID have baller moves in these past episodes. She always knew how to run away effectively, and luring the girl to her dark room was a desperate clutch move that I think was at least a little premeditated, since we'd seen her hiding in that dark spot before with only get sword and the candle that she could easily put out.

IMO, being ridiculously cunning shouldn't have to be part of her story arc, but simply being very fast and sharp fits her well.
but she wasn't sharp, that was the problem.. look at season 2 Arya... and her interactions with Tywin Lannister... THAT is sharp Arya

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
praisings be to D&D fuck yeah. that episode was the hypest thing ever. Seriously well done, I loved it. Best episode of this season by far, no wonder this was the one submitted for an Emmy. Also next episode, the glimpses they showed of the episode hnnnng. I'm goin all in. Red Wedding 2.0 ft. Lady Stoneheart, Cleganebowl, King's Landing in flames, the wall falling and the north remembers monologue. That preview had me hyped.

sjmartin79

That was a helluva episode! Finally, the Starks weren't completely crushed. And Sansa's smile at the very end... just amazing

I loved every little thing about this episode. Just amazing!

theMightyME

if anyone has questions or things they want to bring up for my video.. I am filming tonight... I am looking at you Fried... point out the problems you had, I had some as well, so I would love to go over that in the video tonight, and I'd love to read a "raven" from you

if anyone has questions or things they want to bring up for my video.. I am filming tonight... I am looking at you Fried... point out the problems you had, I had some as well, so I would love to go over that in the video tonight, and I'd love to read a "raven" from you
I've been watching this season very passively. Like, I watch it while doing something else. I dont know, so I might have zero context on many things.

First off, I thought that whole scene with Dany and Yara was abysmal. I'm not sure why any side accepted the deal. I think the no-raiding rule was very funny coming only a few episodes after she told the Dothraki to do the opposite. Dany's whole arc this show is like the opposite of Berserk, where she just refuses to get on a damn boat, but here we have another opportunity. I predict a clusterfuck when shit does happen, and not in a fun, smart way.

My whole thing with the battle really centers around Wun Wun.
But before that, fuck people really act irrationally in the show. A well laid out plan put to waste for a snot you have zero relationship with. It should have been at least an expected outcome. He had no chance anyway so no biggie I suppose.

Wun Wun should have had something. Hell, he should have been in the meetings, maybe he would have brought up something smart like "you guys think I need armor?"

Anything would have helped than the dumb rags. barring that, give him a weapon?????? These motherfuckers have been shown, in the show, to deal massive damage with bows and any large, blunt, instrument. They gave him nothing but his fists. On second thought, I take back what I said about well laid out plan, Jon's a moron.

I think I know what Little Finger and Sansa are planning, but Sophie Turner's pretty face did nothing to convey a convincing emotion in several scenes during and after the battle. Aside from the smirk. And if they arent planning anything, their involvement here is dumb. I dont think the writing has fallen that far just yet.

so what I assumed was a master plan last week wasnt and Sansa was actually that stupid.
And so are the writers. I can't anymore I dont think no I probably will continue.
Jon's also really stupid too, its probably a family trait

Last edited:

sjmartin79

I loved this season finale so much! I'm loving the interaction between Dany and Tyrion. I'm a little worried about Aria's mental stability. Since I read the books, I was 99% sure of Jon's parents, and I was glad to see that I was right.
The scene with all of Dany's army heading across the water was just something to behold. We've been hearing about it for years now, and it was something that we assumed would happen, but for some reason something that I never actually thought would happen. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.
I'm sad about Margaery. I was yelling at the TV, "Just run! Get out! save yourself!" But alas...
I think we definitely have a Mad Queen Cersei on our hands.

My thoughts for the next two seasons: Season 7 will be Dany conquering Westeros. Season 8 will be the war against the White Walkers.