Games of 2017

Odo

Ni no Kuni II

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/09/ni_no_kuni_ii_sounds_like_one_huge_rpg_project

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom is probably going to take hours upon hours to complete - we can guess that much by looking at PlayStation 3 predecessor Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, which was huge to begin with. In an interview with IGN Japan, translated by Kotaku, Level-5 founder Akihiro Hino says that the scale of the game has "gotten huge", and that most of the development team is currently working on it.

In fact, Hino makes it sound as though the sequel may be the largest project that the studio has ever undertaken, stating "I think the title that has impacted the most Level-5 staff is Ni no Kuni II".

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Ni no Kuni II

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/09/ni_no_kuni_ii_sounds_like_one_huge_rpg_project

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom is probably going to take hours upon hours to complete - we can guess that much by looking at PlayStation 3 predecessor Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, which was huge to begin with. In an interview with IGN Japan, translated by Kotaku, Level-5 founder Akihiro Hino says that the scale of the game has "gotten huge", and that most of the development team is currently working on it.

In fact, Hino makes it sound as though the sequel may be the largest project that the studio has ever undertaken, stating "I think the title that has impacted the most Level-5 staff is Ni no Kuni II".
That reminds me, I still need to get that. It always sounded like a very good game.

Odo

January is starting to look good. There's at least 2 games I'd pick up.

January

[PS4/X1] ... Hitman (Complete version)
[PS4/PSVR] . Resident Evil 7
[PS4] ...... Pyre
[PS4] ...... Horizon: Zero Dawn
[PS4] ...... Yakuza 0
[PS4] ...... Gravity Rush 2
[PS4] ...... Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue

Koenig

The Architect
Ni no Kuni II

Ultra late reply, but it really makes me wish the DS Ni no Kuni had recieved a western release. I want to see more of this series.

Odo

[PS4] ...... The Last of Us: Part II
TBD

[PS4] ...... Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
TBD

[PS4] ...... Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
TBD

[PS4] ...... Gran Turismo Sport
TBD

[PS4] ...... Dreadnought
TBD

[PS4] ...... STRAFE
TBD

Check out STRAFE's website: http://www.strafe1996.com/. Brilliant.

Odo

The Last of Us: Part II is not confirmed for 2017, though.

That trailer graphics is stunning. It's just a trailer, but it's still extraordinary.

Odo

So, Yooka-Laylee will come out in April for X1 and PS4.

Wii U edition is gone, because Wii U is over (sorry, correction: unforeseen technical difficulties).

Odo

Alright guys, any good pick up in January? Or are you all waiting for the switch?

January

[PS4/X1] ... Hitman (Complete version)
[PS4/PSVR] . Resident Evil 7
[PS4] ...... Pyre
[PS4] ...... Yakuza 0
[PS4] ...... Gravity Rush 2
[PS4] ...... Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue

Last edited:

Odo

February

[PS4,X1] ... For Honor
[PS4] ...... Horizon: Zero Dawn
[PS4] ...... Berserk and the Band of the Hawk
[PS4] ...... Nioh
[X1] ....... Halo Wars 2
[3DS] ...... Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns
[3DS] ...... Poochy & Yoshi Wooly World
[PS4,X1] ... NieR: Automata

Odo

What are you playing this month?

March

[NS] ........ The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
[PS4,X1] .... Mass Effect: Andromeda
[PS4,X1] .... Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands
[PS4,X1,NS] . Has-been Heroes

Odo

Ready for April?

April

[PS4] ....... Persona 5
[PS4,XB1] ... Yooka-Laylee
[PS4] ....... Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
[PS4] ....... Dragon Quest Heroes 2

Odo

Yooka-Laylee was once a promise for Wii U. It'd be a wonderful release in a system hungry for games. The developers said they were Nintendo fans and they'd support the system and deliver a game that would bring back N64 memories. Nintendo fans were thrilled and threw money at them as backers.

Now the game's been released for the other platforms, but nothing on Nintendo's. Wii U version's been cancelled. They hold this information as much as possible, even though it was a given. NSW version is yet to be released. No further information as when NSW version will come out. (Late port?).

That's because they said they were Nintendo fans. On the other hand, Shantae developers released this Kickstarter backed game after no fanfare for the poor dead Wii U, including retail version.

Crowdfunding in gaming is still all over the place. Yooka-Laylee got more than £2m.

Odo

Nintendo Direct 4.12.2017

April

[3DS] Team Kirby Clash Deluxe
[3DS] Kirby new multiplayer game
[3DS] Bye-Bye Box Boy
[NSW] MK8D
[NSW] The Neo Geo Arcades

May

[NSW] Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
[NSW] Minecraft

June

[3DS] Ever Oasis
[3DS] RPG Maker FES
[NSW] ARMS
[NSW] Disgaea 5

July

[3DS] Hey! Pikmin
[NSW] Fate/Extela
[NSW] Splatoon 2

August

[3DS] Culdcept: Revolt

Fall

[3DS] Monster Hunter Stories
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Psychic Spectres
[NSW] Monopoly

Summer

[3DS] Kirby's Blowout Blast
[NSW] Sonic Mania
[NSW] Project Mekuru
[NSW] Sine Mora EX
[NSW] Battle Chasers Nightwar
[NSW] Nanco Museum

Holyday 2017

[NSW] Sonic Forces

TBD

[NSW] Puyu Puyu Tetris
[3DS] Miitopia
[3DS] Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia - Echoes
[NSW] Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition
[NSW] PayDay 2

Odo

May

What are you going to pick up in may?

[PS4,X1] ...... The Surge
[PS4,X1] ...... Prey
[PS4] ......... RiME
[PS4,X1] ...... Injustice 2
[NSW] ......... Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
[NSW] ......... Minecraft

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Pray is looking good, but I haven't even played Dishonored 2 yet, so I'll wait for a sale or something. It'll be a while before I regain my appetite for big single player adventures after Breath of the Wild.

I'm definitely getting Ultra Street Fighter 2, though, as well as Pocket Rumble (it's supposed to come out "for sure before the end of Spring," so it could even take until June).

Odo

Pray is looking good, but I haven't even played Dishonored 2 yet, so I'll wait for a sale or something. It'll be a while before I regain my appetite for big single player adventures after Breath of the Wild.

I'm definitely getting Ultra Street Fighter 2, though, as well as Pocket Rumble (it's supposed to come out "for sure before the end of Spring," so it could even take until June).
I liked Dishonored, but I think I gonna pass 2. I'm not sure yet.

I might try out the Surge