Games of 2018

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Me and @EvilTw1n sort of got a bet going, he's on Team 2018 while I can't help but feel it's 2019

And to answer your question, I do want a Switch with Mario and Xeno 2 (although some things about it rub me the wrong way). Keeping my eye on Travis Strikes Again and Octopath Traveler. I heard Kirby is good but I'm more interested in the experimental ones these days i.e. Rainbow Curse, Mass Attack, etc. I'm sure Yoshi will be fun too. Bayonetta 3 is gonna be a must have, although same with Prime 4, I don't think we'll get it this year. And I'm starting to wonder if Pikmin 4 is a thing, considering how Miyamoto said "it's close to completion" around a couple of years ago (Maybe he was talking about Hey Pikmin).

I'm sure there's a few others. I'm just not the type of person to buy a system for one or two games. When I bought the Wii U all the games I looked forward to got delayed for half a year so I was a bit sour on that. I'd rather have a good few already available/games I really want. If Prime 4 is indeed a 2018 title, that's gonna be the "CoV signal" for me to get a Switch. Otherwise, unless there's a big announcement at E3 for Pikmin 4 or something, I may end up waiting until 2019.

Since I'm one of the few people on the forums who doesn't have a Switch, I can't talk about Mario, or Xenoblade, or anything anyone here is playing. Likewise I've mostly been playing PS4/PC games that not many people here play so I feel like in terms of video games, there's little for me to have conversations about so I haven't been posting as much lately. Me being quiet isn't the same as me not caring about Nintendo. I loved Breath of the Wild, but games like Splatoon and Arms don't interest me, so I'm just waiting for Nintendo to release that one big title that I can't resist.

edit: I'll admit I can be pretty down on Ninty sometimes, but I've been recently playing Link to the Past again, and no one does it like Nintendo. As much as I love DOOM, Evil Within and other 3rd parties, I'll always need that Nintendo magic. I just sometimes wonder if Nintendo needs that CoV money money
Nintendo always needs that CoV money

Odo

Me and @EvilTw1n sort of got a bet going, he's on Team 2018 while I can't help but feel it's 2019

And to answer your question, I do want a Switch with Mario and Xeno 2 (although some things about it rub me the wrong way). Keeping my eye on Travis Strikes Again and Octopath Traveler. I heard Kirby is good but I'm more interested in the experimental ones these days i.e. Rainbow Curse, Mass Attack, etc. I'm sure Yoshi will be fun too. Bayonetta 3 is gonna be a must have, although same with Prime 4, I don't think we'll get it this year. And I'm starting to wonder if Pikmin 4 is a thing, considering how Miyamoto said "it's close to completion" around a couple of years ago (Maybe he was talking about Hey Pikmin).

I'm sure there's a few others. I'm just not the type of person to buy a system for one or two games. When I bought the Wii U all the games I looked forward to got delayed for half a year so I was a bit sour on that. I'd rather have a good few already available/games I really want. If Prime 4 is indeed a 2018 title, that's gonna be the "CoV signal" for me to get a Switch. Otherwise, unless there's a big announcement at E3 for Pikmin 4 or something, I may end up waiting until 2019.

Since I'm one of the few people on the forums who doesn't have a Switch, I can't talk about Mario, or Xenoblade, or anything anyone here is playing. Likewise I've mostly been playing PS4/PC games that not many people here play so I feel like in terms of video games, there's little for me to have conversations about so I haven't been posting as much lately. Me being quiet isn't the same as me not caring about Nintendo. I loved Breath of the Wild, but games like Splatoon and Arms don't interest me, so I'm just waiting for Nintendo to release that one big title that I can't resist.

edit: I'll admit I can be pretty down on Ninty sometimes, but I've been recently playing Link to the Past again, and no one does it like Nintendo. As much as I love DOOM, Evil Within and other 3rd parties, I'll always need that Nintendo magic. I just sometimes wonder if Nintendo needs that CoV money money
We're on the same boat. Except that I don't care about Metroid and I care about Splatoon. But Splatoon isn't enough to make me buy a Switch.

I was a Wii U early adopter. I'll never be Nintendo early adopter again.

Odo

God Of War review scores

Game Informer 9.75
Polygon 10
Gamespot 9
IGN 10
Eurogamer "Recommended"
Venturebeat 90/100
Push Square 10
Easy Allies 10
Destructoid 10
God Is A Geek 10
Metro 9

I guess it's that time of year... time to pick up my PS4 Pro.

Last edited:

GaemzDood

God Of War review scores

Game Informer 9.75
Polygon 10
Gamespot 9
IGN 10
Eurogamer "Recommended"
Venturebeat 90/100
Push Square 10
Easy Allies 10
Destructoid 10
God Is A Geek 10
Metro 9

I guess it's that time of year... time to pick up my PS4 Pro.

I would love to see this running on my 4k TV with HDR and RGB color, but HDMI 2.0 bricks my PS4 Pro. It still hasn't been fixed. Fuck Sony.

Odo

A lot of people have the issue with their 4k TVs. Basically, the PS4 Pro doesn't send a signal to your 4k TV if you use HDMI 2.o, rendering it unusable.
I didn't know that. I thought it was a last year problem already solved by firmware. Is this the HDMI cable that comes with PS4 Pro?

Last edited:

GaemzDood

I didn't know that. I thought it was a last year problem already solved by firmware. Is this the HDMI cable that comes with PS4 Pro?
It is. And last year's firmware didn't solve the problem, it only solved the issue of games not downsampling to 1080p TVs.

GaemzDood

Hellblade just came out on Xbox, and once again, AMD + console performance is crippled next to Nvidia. I feel like this title, more than any other game in recent memory, stresses the need for Async Compute.

Odo

May

[XBO] .......... State of Decay 2
[PS4] .......... Detroit: Become Human
[PS4] .......... Dragon's Crown Pro

The star of the month is Detroit, I guess, or State of Decay 2 for Xbox owners.