Getting Ready for Donkey Kong

Wait you let your WiiU get stolen and didnt talk to Nintendo so they'd replace them for you?

Sounds like you're mad at yourself bro.

I didn't "let" my Wii U get stolen, my house was robbed.
I did talk to Nintendo, at least 3 times. I submitted it the moment I knew it was gone. I had numerous downloaded games including Super Mario 3D World, NSMB U, Wii Fit U, at least 8-10 indie/smaller downloadable games and over 20 Virtual console games. Plus I had another few dozen virtual console/Wiiware titles transferred from Wii.
They know of the loss I had. Their "fix" was to give me $XXX credit to the eShop and XX,000 points to Wii Shop Channel. I did kindly let them know that DKC1 & 2 are not currently available. The rep said they normally can issue download codes for this scenario, but to the nature of WHY they were taken down, they could not issue a download ticket for both of those and TMNT (NES).
EDIT: Originally they told me they were going to do a system transfer - where I would keep my NNID, all of my purchases, all of my Wiiware/Virtual Console titles from Wii. That made me feel ecstatic. They said it would complete in 5-6 business days. On the 5th day, they called me to let me know it was not possible or they had complications. So their "new" solution was to offer credit for the games lost. Due to me upgrading many virtual console games, they figured in that in the cost so I had to rebuy on Wii, then repurchase from eShop. In terms of the 30 cent games - they had to give me download codes (I did buy most of those on Wii originally).
Man, I'm sorry. This is a sad story :(
My situation is that ..... I haven't bought the DKCs thinking that those three 5-stars-best-sellers would be there forever... and then Nintendo removed them. I almost died that day. I couldn't believe for, I don't know, almost 5 weeks.
I'll never forgive Nintendo (and myself) :(
I always dream that I'll see them again on WiiU VC or we'll have a DKC Trilogy Super Mega Bloody Great Special Edition
on the shelves, but I feel that it's not going to happen. :(
Thanks! On top of the DK games, I also lost my platinum reward of the Doc's Punch Out. That I cared less, I think I only fired it up once and still kicking myself for not taking the Mario Hat. But still a prize that is gone.
Hah, that rap music is full of win!

Ex-Actarus

i'm not that excited for it. it looks cool. i'm sure it'll be good for what it is. but i'm not dropping 60 bones on another "run to the right until you win" game. i'll probably get it in a few years when it's like 20 bucks or so.
Same here.
I would wait for a price drop as well ( even if it's 50$ right now ).
I wasn't excited for this game in the first place. I find it too similar to the Wii game.

But I have to say that Retro seems to deliver once again !
I just hope that Nintendo will stop using them for Donkey Kong.
Give that Franchise to Next Level Games and let Retro work on my Metroid Prime 4 or Naughty Dog like calibur game !

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwlLKpmlhpE#t=219

Am very much amped for DKCTF

I make it a habit of rarely buying platformers so Im Jonesing for a new one

Very exited for the Miiverse video record features

Aki

With each passing day, I'm getting more excited for this game. I'm definitely going to day one midnight cop this game. To me, this game is looking like it's going to be the best Wii U game yet.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
While Tropical Freeze looks even better than Returns, there's no way I'm spending full price on a 2D platformer. I'll probably get it when it's like $30 or so and/or if there's nothing for me to play on the Wii-U at a certain point in time

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

While Tropical Freeze looks even better than Returns, there's no way I'm spending full price on a 2D platformer. I'll probably get it when it's like $30 or so and/or if there's nothing for me to play on the Wii-U at a certain point in time
I dont get this mentality.

Aki

Neither do I. A good 2D plat former is just as good as any $60 game imo. The fact that it's 2D should have no bearing on it's price. It still takes time to craft a quality game.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Neither do I. A good 2D plat former is just as good as any $60 game imo. The fact that it's 2D should have no bearing on it's price. It still takes time to craft a quality game.
I'm not saying it's lacking in quality nor am I trying to imply that the developers didn't have to put time and effort into making the game. It's just that, I can get games that are within the same genre and are still of high quality for a lot less

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
DK imo isnt just another platformer.

Like Rayman, I dont like how that game plays so Im not buying it.
Of course not, like Rayman Legends, it's arguable the best 2D platforming around. It's just that there are other high quality 2D platformers that are available for a lot less that really make it hard for me to spend full price on a 2D platformer

Koenig

The Architect

Of course not, like Rayman Legends, it's arguable the best 2D platforming around. It's just that there are other high quality 2D platformers that are available for a lot less that really make it hard for me to spend full price on a 2D platformer
At least DK is cheaper than most Nintendo games for the wii U, albeit not by much.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Uhuh. Hope you're not willing to spend the full price of 40$ on ground zeroes then. lmao

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018

At least DK is cheaper than most Nintendo games for the wii U, albeit not by much.

That is trueDK imo isnt just another platformer.

Uhuh. Hope you're not willing to spend the full price of 40$ on ground zeroes then. lmao
Probably not. I'll be waiting for MGS V: Complete Edition

Ex-Actarus

Still too expensive.
There is not enough content IMO to justify 50$.
I wish Nintendo would take example from Sony who is going for budget price for platformers as Sly 4 ( 40$ ) and Terraway ( 25$ ).
I'm fine with the Mario 3D World 60$ price tag ; first it's a 3D game and then there is much more content.
But nowdays, you can't go with a full price ( or even 50$ ) for a platformer...
You can get many excellent 2D platformers for 15$ on Xbox Live / PSN / Eshop.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Still too expensive.
There is not enough content IMO to justify 50$.
I wish Nintendo would take example from Sony who is going for budget price for platformers as Sly 4 ( 40$ ) and Terraway ( 25$ ).
I'm fine with the Mario 3D World 60$ price tag ; first it's a 3D game and then there is much more content.
But nowdays, you can't go with a full price ( or even 50$ ) for a platformer...
You can get many excellent 2D platformers for 15$ on Xbox Live / PSN / Eshop.
Dude DKC:TF is longer than DKCR

Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clanks latest games were kinda bad anyway ;___;

Tucker

“Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”
I'll just leave this right here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3ACranky_Kong

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Wow, the amount of effort that went into that fight over whether he is or isn't the original Donkey Kong.
You would think they could find more important things to fight about...
Like whether the whole movie of "Inception" was a dream or not.

sjmartin79

No, I'm severely excited for it. Already have it ordered. My plan is to finish Arkham Origins by the time DKCTF arrives so I can start right on it. It looks amazing!

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Am I in a minority here?
Speaking as someone who enjoyed DKC Returns, I'm legitimately excited for Tropical Freeze.

Depends on who you ask. I used to think nobody here but @CitizenOfVerona was excited for it. But these days, everyone and their mother is foaming at the mouth for it.

I'll just leave this right here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3ACranky_Kong
This reminds me of the people that get into endless arguments about whether Skyward Sword really is or isn't the first canonical game in the Zelda chronology. Because even though they have all said so, apparently what Aonuma says shouldn't be trusted because his other Zelda games have had consistency issues.

Tucker

“Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”
^ It's so fun when stuff like this gets archived on something like Wikipedia for all time.

http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Feb-0-2014/SweetDealsforEveryone_13/A/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL021314A&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL021314A-_-EMC-021314-Index-_-Header-_-ClickHere&et_cid=5266&et_rid=517412

DKCTF themed newegg advetisement
http://i.minus.com/iL4SkMMLZ1ufv.png

ZyroXZ2

I am so excited for this game! I'm going to play it and review it, and this is going to be the longest week until its release, EVER! :p

I'll have to get the game in March. I've exhausted my Feb. gaming budget on Bravely Default and a new gaming controller (which has been a paperweight so far despite it's nice design).

I'm very excited. Returns was my second favorite sidescroller platformer from last gen, and the new features such as Cranky Kong and the dynamic camera are looking awesome. Needless to say that the graphics and music are beautiful too.
Won't be getting it anytime soon though. Gotta beat Returns, and there are other games that I want more, including platformers such as Kirby Triple Deluxe, so I'll hold on my money for those.

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
Excited for it, but not buying it day one, only really gotten around to enjoying my games lately and I'm not bored of my current plat formers, and I don't want to suddenly just drop them since that will happen. So I'm buying it down the road once I've gotten my fill of my current ones.

sjmartin79

Pre-ordered from Amazon and eagerly awaiting arrival.
(Now I just need to finish my current Wii U game so I'll be ready when it arrives.)

Going to download it if I have space so I can get some cash back through the DDP. I also hear the load times can be pretty long in this game so maybe having it in the harddrive will speed that up a bit. Seriously cant wait, I might get it midnight if I can.

http://s28.postimg.org/d080y23el/Nintendo_Girls_Club.png
http://s28.postimg.org/7dbo0l0vx/Nintendo_Girls_Club.png
http://www.amazon.es/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_v_1
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_vg_1
http://www.amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_vg_1

sjmartin79

Pretty good scores so far. The reviews I've read have been overwhelmingly positive. The only real negatives I've heard are the co-op multiplayer can be wonky/difficult. If that's the biggest negative, then that isn't really a negative for me since I don't plan to do the local co-op.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Pretty good scores so far. The reviews I've read have been overwhelmingly positive. The only real negatives I've heard are the co-op multiplayer can be wonky/difficult. If that's the biggest negative, then that isn't really a negative for me since I don't plan to do the local co-op.
If it plays anything like the original DKC games on SNES, then there's nothing wrong with them, only the people who cannot play co-op.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Depends on who you ask. I used to think nobody here but @CitizenOfVerona was excited for it. But these days, everyone and their mother is foaming at the crotch for it.

:O

This is kinda the place I find myself with the genre, too. You can buy Rayman for $40, or NSLU for $30 (make that $25 right now). I missed out on the eShop sale, so I forgot to get Runner 2 (which is still only $15 regular price, I think). And there are just loads of old school platformers I never gave my full attention to, either. It's a really crowded field.

But discounting MPT, I haven't bought a proper new game from Retro since...2007(!), so I'm kind of itching to see their new work.

The Gamespot review is pretty hilarious.
So is Eurogamer's. They fault the game for...recycling assets. Come on, guys, we've seen the same ferns in COD since...2007(!).

...wait a minute...

Anyways, it's not like Retro was going to start from scratch again to make a new totem or ship. I imagine they were probably more concerned, with, y'know, level design.

Damn, 11 gigs! Thankfully I only had to delete some demos and two games I dont plan on playing anytime soon. I'm full up now though, wow. SD cards work as expandable storage, right? I'll have to get a nice big card.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
SD cards work as expandable storage, right? I'll have to get a nice big card.
IIRC, you can move save data to them, but not Wii U downloaded games. If you're out of room from having too many games, you're gonna need a hard drive.

sjmartin79

SD cards work as expandable storage, right? I'll have to get a nice big card.
IIRC, you can move save data to them, but not Wii U downloaded games. If you're out of room from having too many games, you're gonna need a hard drive.
True. But thankfully, if you go to Amazon, there are ones with 2 tb that were less than $100. (I think closer to $80.) Definitely worth looking into.

sjmartin79

^ Consider me jealous. I ordered from Amazon, and didn't do one day, so it will be here on Monday. (Gives me time to finish my current game though.)
Can't wait to hear what you think of it

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
^ Consider me jealous. I ordered from Amazon, and didn't do one day, so it will be here on Monday. (Gives me time to finish my current game though.)
Can't wait to hear what you think of it
I won't play it till tomorrow and put a good session in on it with my son and let y'all know.