Giving the 3DS another shot?

the_randomizer

Just a little background, so in 2011, I bought a first gen 3DS along with Street Fighter IV 3D, and for a while, I thoroughly enjoyed having the handheld. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have, the reason being, I have stereo blindness, I was born with my left eye turned in and waited too long to get surgery to correct it. So despite having a 3DS, I couldn't use the 3D because I didn't get the surgery earlier in my life, so my brain thought it was still "turned in" due to how the optic nerve was wired to my left eye; it looks straight, but my brain doesn't think so. Then after a month of inactivity, I sold the 3DS and game to Gamestop and bought a PS3 slim 300 GB model instead. Fast forward two years later and the 3DS XL is released, I decided to give the 3DS another shot, and got the XL model instead, thinking I'd enjoy it again, along with Mario Kart 7, Ocarina of Time 3D and Tales of the Abyss, all excellent games.
Boy was I wrong, I encountered the same issue I had with the original 3DS, I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have and got buyer's remorse yet again. I couldn't use the 3D on either since I can't see glasses or glasses-free 3D effects, so I asked myself why I should get a 3DS if I can't see 3D. Now, I know there is the 2DS, but, the lack of hinges/clamshell designs and the smaller screen makes me want to get one even less, so I can forget about that lol. Given the fact that both attempts failed miserably, this begs the question, was I wrong to ever wanting to own a 3DS for the games despite not taking advantage of a marketed feature on the device? Would it be prudent of me to try and own a 3DS XL again in the near future? I'm curious as to what you guys think about this ;) Love to hear your guys opinions and feedback :p
So to sum up, had a 3DS twice, ended up selling them both times; 2DS isn't an option since my hands are kinda large and the XL felt the most comfortable, plus the clamshell and bigger screens are better suited.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Listen to @Jacesonnall - Get a 3DS XL and just turn off the 3D. I love my 3DS XL, and wouldn't trade it for anything. I do turn off the 3D sometimes, and it plays just as well.

If you sold it because you don't like the games then that's one thing, but if you sold it when you like the games but you can't see the 3D the that doesn't make any sense to me. Just turn the 3D off. From what I hear around 50% of 3DS users out there almost never turn the 3D on anyway.

the_randomizer

Well, you could always get a 3DS (XL) and then turn off the 3D if you were actually willing to get a 2DS.

Again, 2DS isn't really an option, I absolutely despise the lack of hinges to close and the smaller screen makes it hard for me to read or see what''s going on lol. I did turn the 3D off when I owned them, maybe I forgot to mention that part. The problem is, I had a hard time enjoying using the 3DS, and I'm not entirely sure as to why, I don't know if owning one for the third time will be much different TBH. :/
Listen to @Jacesonnall - Get a 3DS XL and just turn off the 3D. I love my 3DS XL, and wouldn't trade it for anything. I do turn off the 3D sometimes, and it plays just as well.
Well yeah, and I did do that both times I had the 3DS since I can't see 3D, doesn't that, kinda defeat the purpose though? Is there any particular reason why I almost begrudgingly used the 3DS (why it felt almost obligatory to use it)? I just don't want to regret getting one again, as weird as that might sound. I just didn't seem to enjoy it as much as I could have. Was I wrong in ever owning one?

the_randomizer

If you sold it because you don't like the games then that's one thing, but if you sold it when you like the games but you can't see the 3D the that doesn't make any sense to me. Just turn the 3D off. From what I hear around 50% of 3DS users out there almost never turn the 3D on anyway.

Got ninja'd (sorry for the double post), I mean, I dunno it's weird, like, the games were fine, I just didn't enjoy using the device as much as I could've for some reason, and I had two 3DSes ever since it released. Should I ever get one again, I hope that I don't get buyer's remorse, or use it out of obligation because of how much I spent on it. Part of me is tempted to give it another whirl despite my visual impairment and to actually use the console and enjoy it, if that makes any sense lol. Kinda wish there were Snes games on the eShop ;)

Well, you could always get a 3DS (XL) and then turn off the 3D if you were actually willing to get a 2DS.
Again, 2DS isn't really an option, I absolutely despise the lack of hinges to close and the smaller screen makes it hard for me to read or see what''s going on lol. I did turn the 3D off when I owned them, maybe I forgot to mention that part. The problem is, I had a hard time enjoying using the 3DS, and I'm not entirely sure as to why, I don't know if owning one for the third time will be much different TBH. :/
Well, if you don't know why you didn't enjoy your experience, I'm not too sure how much help I can be heh. All I can say is that the 3DS is probably THE system to own right now.

the_randomizer

Well, if you don't know why you didn't enjoy your experience, I'm not too sure how much help I can be heh. All I can say is that the 3DS is probably THE system to own right now.
Maybe I expected too much or had the wrong expectations. I do know it's a good system and has a lot of good games, it's just, I dunno, I don't want to experience the same regret I had before, and plus I do have DS games that I can play on it as well :p Too bad I can't get them new for less than $200 lol. Maybe I got the wrong games each time ;)

Got ninja'd (sorry for the double post), I mean, I dunno it's weird, like, the games were fine, I just didn't enjoy using the device as much as I could've for some reason, and I had two 3DSes ever since it released. Should I ever get one again, I hope that I don't get buyer's remorse, or use it out of obligation because of how much I spent on it. Part of me is tempted to give it another whirl despite my visual impairment and to actually use the console and enjoy it, if that makes any sense lol. Kinda wish there were Snes games on the eShop ;z)

When you look at the games that are available and that are coming to the 3DS do you see multiple games that you want to play?
What games do you play on your PS3 and how much have you enjoyed that system?
Have you considered the Playstation Vita as an alternative to the 3DS if it is something to do with the games available or the hardware itself that is putting you off?

Maybe I expected too much or had the wrong expectations. I do know it's a good system and has a lot of good games, it's just, I dunno, I don't want to experience the same regret I had before, and plus I do have DS games that I can play on it as well :p Too bad I can't get them new for less than $200 lol. Maybe I got the wrong games each time ;)
So it's a case of none of the games being interesting to you? If so, perhaps you want to take a peek at the Vita?

Well, if you sold your 3DS twice, I can see you selling it again a third time.
Personally, the 3D isn't all that. I used it at first as a "wow" thing, but most games I play now I don't really use it. Saves battery life.
But the main reason to own the system would be games. If you're generally interested in some games, then I'd say you should stick with it, because the 3DS is quite the system to have with great games. Sure, it's a huge bummer you can''t see 3D, and I actually understand were you're coming from. If I couldn't see 3D and bought a 3DS, I'd be pretty sad about it, so it's one thing for me to say "forget it" but I can't fully understand how it feels.
Despite that, the 3DS definitely gets a recommendation from me just because I experienced some great kick ass titles. If you don't think you can get over the 3D thing, then again, I can see you selling it a third time.
I know I rambled there, but the bottom line is that the games are great, 3d effect or not

the_randomizer

Got ninja'd (sorry for the double post), I mean, I dunno it's weird, like, the games were fine, I just didn't enjoy using the device as much as I could've for some reason, and I had two 3DSes ever since it released. Should I ever get one again, I hope that I don't get buyer's remorse, or use it out of obligation because of how much I spent on it. Part of me is tempted to give it another whirl despite my visual impairment and to actually use the console and enjoy it, if that makes any sense lol. Kinda wish there were Snes games on the eShop ;z)

When you look at the games that are available and that are coming to the 3DS do you see multiple games that you want to play?
What games do you play on your PS3 and how much have you enjoyed that system?
Have you considered the Playstation Vita as an alternative to the 3DS if it is something to do with the games available or the hardware itself that is putting you off?

For PS3, I don't have many games for that either, but I have Star Ocean 4 (better than the Xbox 360 version in a lot of ways), Splinter Cell HD collection, to name a few. For genres, I'm mostly into RPGs and have been for a while, and the 3DS has plenty of those as far as I know, action/adventure would be another. What games would you personally recommend?
So it's a case of none of the games being interesting to you? If so, perhaps you want to take a peek at the Vita?ckquote>

I thought about the Vita, my main beef is there's even less games I've interest in, and yet, you can play PSP games on there (via the Playstation Store, I think). as well as most PSX games, which is another added bonus, but is a little more expensive than the 3DS. I had heard that the battery life on the Vita can be a turnoff compared to what the 3DS XL has in terms of how long a single charge lasts.
Personally, the 3D isn't all that. I used it at first as a "wow" thing, but most games I play now I don't really use it. Saves battery life.
But the main reason to own the system would be games. If you're generally interested in some games, then I'd say you should stick with it, because the 3DS is quite the system to have with great games. Sure, it's a huge bummer you can''t see 3D, and I actually understand were you're coming from. If I couldn't see 3D and bought a 3DS, I'd be pretty sad about it, so it's one thing for me to say "forget it" but I can't fully understand how it feels.
Despite that, the 3DS definitely gets a recommendation from me just because I experienced some great kick ass titles. If you don't think you can get over the 3D thing, then again, I can see you selling it a third time.
I know I rambled there, but the bottom line is that the games are great, 3d effect or not
Right, and I do understand that the games are what can make or break a system, maybe I just had the wrong games, like Mario Kart 7 for instance, I could never find a match to play online and I didn't know anyone else locally who could tag a long in a LAN battle. Ocarina of Time is a good game, but I've beaten it many times before and Tales of the Abyss, the framerate in-battle bothered me (it was cut to 30 fps and I was use to the PS2 port running at 60 fps). I think the fact I didn't have the right games exacerbated the issue I had, I didn't look for the ones I that truly defined the 3DS.
So, in the end, I don't know what I'm going to do, whatever system I get I may end up regretting, and I hope I can avoid that.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
If there are games that interest you, then you should definitely get it. It's easily the best next-gen system out right now and the cheapest to boot but I'm sure you already knew that. However, if you're just not feeling the system, then spend your money on something that truly interests you

the_randomizer

If there are games that interest you, then you should definitely get it. It's easily the best next-gen system out right now and the cheapest to boot but I'm sure you already knew that. However, if you're just not feeling the system, then spend your money on something that truly interests you
And I agree, there are incontrovertibly very good games on it, do you by chance have any suggestions/recommendations for the 3DS? I mostly like RPGs (JRPGs specifically), but I do like action/adventure games as well. Top that with 100% backwards compatibility for DS games, in addition having virtual console for GB/GBC and NES is a nice touch too (if not a bit lacking in selection on the VC). Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Luigi's Mansion 2, Bravely Default, and then A Link Between Worlds (heard that was super short unfortunately). So maybe something along those lines?

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
And I agree, there are incontrovertibly very good games on it, do you by chance have any suggestions/recommendations for the 3DS? I mostly like RPGs (JRPGs specifically), but I do like action/adventure games as well. Top that with 100% backwards compatibility for DS games, in addition having virtual console for GB/GBC and NES is a nice touch too (if not a bit lacking in selection on the VC). Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Luigi's Mansion 2, Bravely Default, and then A Link Between Worlds (heard that was super short unfortunately). So maybe something along those lines?
Oh definitely, those are all great, but I'd also recommend checking out SteamWorld Dig, Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Pokemon X and Y, Etrian Odyssey series, Virtue's Last Reward, Rune Factory 4, etc.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Turning on the 3D is mainly for resolution increase's as well.
3DS is a powerhouse of RPGS's
Way too many games on this device.
I have 63 3DS games right now.

Oh and its even crazier if you get into the japan only titles

the_randomizer

Turning on the 3D is mainly for resolution increase's as well.
3DS is a powerhouse of RPGS's
Way too many games on this device.
I have 63 3DS games right now.

Oh and its even crazier if you get into the japan only titles
I won't be using 3D at all (as mentioned earlier :p ) but RPGs would be mostly likely the way for me to go as far as focusing on a specific genre :D

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Well you can always switch it on if you want a fidelity increase

But the 3DS is getting even more great content. More rpgs and various types of shooters are getting released this year along with other action/puzzle titles.

Cant Wait for Cult county either :>

Im gonna buy another XL so I want this one, hope it comes out here

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/personaq1_thumb.png

the_randomizer

Well you can always switch it on if you want a fidelity increase

But the 3DS is getting even more great content. More rpgs and various types of shooters are getting released this year along with other action/puzzle titles.

Cant Wait for Cult county either :>

Im gonna buy another XL so I want this one, hope it comes out here

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/personaq1_thumb.png
I tried it before, it gives me a serious headache/makes me dizzy ROFL! I do like the XL's screen though, much easier to focus on what's going on and just feels more ergonomic for my hands ;) I've been outta the loop as far as upcoming releases are concerned, but now that it's 2014, it's a very well established system for sure. I personally hope the VC gets more robust and with some Snes games :p

Odo

3DS for me is one of the best consoles. Sometimes I feel that it's my favorite console ever.
It's hard to see someone that can't get fun with 3DS. I've got a lot of friends with 3DS, people that would never buy a DS or Wii, for example. I love my 3DS. It's always there waiting for me.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.

If you feel you are going to regret buying any system, then just hold off, save the money, and buy when you're sure.
[/thread]

Hell, I'd love to own a 3DS, but I don't have time to play it, so I haven't bought one.

the_randomizer

3DS for me is one of the best consoles. Sometimes I feel that it's my favorite console ever.
It's hard to see someone that can't get fun with 3DS. I've got a lot of friends with 3DS, people that would never buy a DS or Wii, for example. I love my 3DS. It's always there waiting for me.

I must be one of the few that couldn't get into the groove of things, I can't for the life of me figure out what it was that went awry when I did own one. I believe the issue was in the games I had simply weren't as in-depth as I had hope, so naturally, I had false expectations and that in the end created a delusion. In essence, I had the right system, just the wrong games. I wouldn't even know where to begin deciding, but as for genres I wish to focus on, that's the easy part.
3DS simply has far too many great games on it to NOT be played. I would recommend a 3DS to everyone!

Oh for sure, it has numerous excellent games, the problem is that I sort of got it as an impulse buy, without thinking on what games I truly wanted for the system, kind of a weird situation.
If you feel you are going to regret buying any system, then just hold off, save the money, and buy when you're sure.
[/thread]

Hell, I'd love to own a 3DS, but I don't have time to play it, so I haven't bought one.
After doing some thinking, I'd love to give it another shot :D

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
You have more time to play a handheld than you would a console mike XD
I tried that with the Wii and DS, but the DS was mainly relegated to bathroom status. The only handheld I ever really played a lot was the GBA.

the_randomizer

I tried that with the Wii and DS, but the DS was mainly relegated to bathroom status. The only handheld I ever really played a lot was the GBA.
The GBA also has quite a large number of awesome games, Golden Sun 1 and 2, Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland, Final Fantasy V advanced (the only good Snes to GBA port IMHO), to name a few :p

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

The GBA also has quite a large number of awesome games, Golden Sun 1 and 2, Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland, Final Fantasy V advanced (the only good Snes to GBA port IMHO), to name a few :p
Yeah the first party games on the 3DS kick the GBA's ass. Lol. The third party games on the 3DS are on the DS's levels of awesome( especially in Japan)

I JUST NEED A GOLDEN SUN AND A TWEWY SEQUEL

the_randomizer

Yeah the first party games on the 3DS kick the GBA's ass. Lol. The third party games on the 3DS are on the DS's levels of awesome( especially in Japan)

I JUST NEED A GOLDEN SUN AND A TWEWY SEQUEL
For sure, I'm an RPG guy (well, mostly) and the 3DS certainly doesn't have a shortage of those games lol!

Ex-Actarus

Just a little background, so in 2011, I bought a first gen 3DS along with Street Fighter IV 3D, and for a while, I thoroughly enjoyed having the handheld. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have, the reason being, I have stereo blindness, I was born with my left eye turned in and waited too long to get surgery to correct it. So despite having a 3DS, I couldn't use the 3D because I didn't get the surgery earlier in my life, so my brain thought it was still "turned in" due to how the optic nerve was wired to my left eye; it looks straight, but my brain doesn't think so. Then after a month of inactivity, I sold the 3DS and game to Gamestop and bought a PS3 slim 300 GB model instead. Fast forward two years later and the 3DS XL is released, I decided to give the 3DS another shot, and got the XL model instead, thinking I'd enjoy it again, along with Mario Kart 7, Ocarina of Time 3D and Tales of the Abyss, all excellent games.
Boy was I wrong, I encountered the same issue I had with the original 3DS, I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have and got buyer's remorse yet again. I couldn't use the 3D on either since I can't see glasses or glasses-free 3D effects, so I asked myself why I should get a 3DS if I can't see 3D. Now, I know there is the 2DS, but, the lack of hinges/clamshell designs and the smaller screen makes me want to get one even less, so I can forget about that lol. Given the fact that both attempts failed miserably, this begs the question, was I wrong to ever wanting to own a 3DS for the games despite not taking advantage of a marketed feature on the device? Would it be prudent of me to try and own a 3DS XL again in the near future? I'm curious as to what you guys think about this ;) Love to hear your guys opinions and feedback :p
So to sum up, had a 3DS twice, ended up selling them both times; 2DS isn't an option since my hands are kinda large and the XL felt the most comfortable, plus the clamshell and bigger screens are better suited.

I would suggest you to wait for E3, I'm sure Nintendo will present a 3DS Redesign.
I have to say that even if the 3DS will be one of my favorite system for games, I really don't like the device.
I don't find it comfortable ( actually the 2DS is way more comfortable, but the screen is too small after being used to the XL ).
And I find the design not really sexy, it feels to much like a toy or something.
I remember when the DSlite came out, it felt SO SLICK !

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

I would suggest you to wait for E3, I'm sure Nintendo will present a 3DS Redesign.
I have to say that even if the 3DS will be one of my favorite system for games, I really don't like the device.
I don't find it comfortable ( actually the 2DS is way more comfortable, but the screen is too small after being used to the XL ).
And I find the design not really sexy, it feels to much like a toy or something.

Usually when I have a problem with a handheld I buy an add on to fix it.

3DS XL's are pretty slick these days.

Oh and they're built rugged. A guy ran his through a washing machine while the thing was in standby and the console still worked, 3D and all.

the_randomizer

I still have a working DS Lite, which I found in my old bedroom after two years, and to make it even more awesome, the battery still works and holds a charge! I've been playing GBA games on it as well, it's a very well-built device for sure! I think that I'll start savin once I find a job (which should be very soon I believe) and give it another chance, but with games I actually want and not games I buy on an impulse lol ;) Not a big fan of the 2DS, it's too small for my hands and the screen size makes me have to strain my eyes, so I'll get the XL for sure. Just a little background, so in 2011, I bought a first gen 3DS along with Street Fighter IV 3D, and for a while, I thoroughly enjoyed having the handheld. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have, the reason being, I have stereo blindness, I was born with my left eye turned in and waited too long to get surgery to correct it. So despite having a 3DS, I couldn't use the 3D because I didn't get the surgery earlier in my life, so my brain thought it was still "turned in" due to how the optic nerve was wired to my left eye; it looks straight, but my brain doesn't think so. Then after a month of inactivity, I sold the 3DS and game to Gamestop and bought a PS3 slim 300 GB model instead. Fast forward two years later and the 3DS XL is released, I decided to give the 3DS another shot, and got the XL model instead, thinking I'd enjoy it again, along with Mario Kart 7, Ocarina of Time 3D and Tales of the Abyss, all excellent games.

Usually when I have a problem with a handheld I buy an add on to fix it.

3DS XL's are pretty slick these days.

Oh and they're built rugged. A guy ran his through a washing machine while the thing was in standby and the console still worked, 3D and all.

Nintendo has made impressive handhelds built to last, my brother found a Gameboy Color that's still operational, but a washing machine? That's pretty damn impressive!

Odo

Really? My 3DS is almost always with me.
I don't have an XL, I prefer the traditional, because it fits in my pockets. So I go out with my 3DS and I get several StreetPass hits. I sometimes play it on the bus or on the tube. On the bus is a bit uncomfortable because of motion sickness, of course.
At home, it's always by my side. I look at him, he looks at me, I open it and the game is there, paused, waiting for me. :) Sometimes it's Mario Kart 7 title screen or some game I paused. I can't help it and I start playing. It's much more addictive and comfortable than a home console.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Really? My 3DS is almost always with me.
I don't have an XL, I prefer the traditional, because it fits in my pockets. So I go out with my 3DS and I get several StreetPass hits. I sometimes play it on the bus or on the tube. On the bus is a bit uncomfortable because of motion sickness, of course.
At home, it's always by my side. I look at him, he looks at me, I open it and the game is there, paused, waiting for me. :) Sometimes it's Mario Kart 7 title screen or some game I paused. I can't help it and I start playing. It's much more addictive and comfortable than a home console.
I agree. My 3DS XL is always with me. I keep it in my messenger back. Goes with me to work, on weekends, etc.

But I also understand that each of us have different home lives, so some people don't have time for a handheld where others do and some have time for console gaming where others don't. Different for everyone.

For me, because the bf and I enjoy the same tv shows, I'm able to play the 3DS while we're watching tv. But thanks to the wii U, I'm also able to do off screen play while we watch tv. I'm getting more console gaming in this gen thanks to that.

Nintendo has made impressive handhelds built to last, my brother found a Gameboy Color that's still operational, but a washing machine? That's pretty damn impressive!

Your brother's Gameboy Color turned into a washing machine?
~:>

Ex-Actarus

@the_randomizer , @Laer_HeiSeiRyuu ,
Agreed on the quality built of Nintendo handhelds.
The GBA sp was so great and solid, i'm pretty sure you could make some hoops with it :)

But I think the GBC, GBA and DSlite/DSI were Solid & Slick handhelds.
Where is the sexy design these days ?

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

The GBA sp was so great and solid, i'm pretty sure you could make some hoops with it :)

In Japan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgMcY2PZkVk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgovJSQw4i8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xon2aV4kU0

http://assets.vg247.com/current//2014/03/Persona_q_3ds_xl_1.png

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

i sometimes forget my 3DS has a 3D function because I never use it
3DS XL master race
I think I cant fully see it some times. Mostly see it in Etrian Odyssey or Kid Icarus/Fire Emblem/RE:R

But I always have it on, improves resolution.

the_randomizer

Your brother's Gameboy Color turned into a washing machine?
Oh you! I worded that wrong lol! I meant to say that he found one in his townhouse as he was moving out and it still works. The washing machine bit is from stories I've heard of them still operational after being washed :D :p

ASuch

The Salt Master
i sometimes forget my 3DS has a 3D function because I never use it
3DS XL master race
I think I cant fully see it some times. Mostly see it in Etrian Odyssey or Kid Icarus/Fire Emblem/RE:R

But I always have it on, improves resolution.
With a lot of games though, it starts lagging

Ex-Actarus

In Japan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgMcY2PZkVk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgovJSQw4i8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xon2aV4kU0

http://assets.vg247.com/current//2014/03/Persona_q_3ds_xl_1.png
I give you that :)

Just saw this post and read through everything, so I feel like giving my input.

I too, bought a regular 3DS months after it first came out, sometime after the price drop had gone into effect. I had it for about a year; there weren't a lot of 3DS games that excited me at the time, but I sure loved having it for regular DS games. Then I began having money problems so I reluctantly sold it and the games I had. Fast forward to today, when I decided it was time to get rid of my PS3 because there's literally nothing else I feel like playing on it. I got rid of that, and now I own a 2DS.

I know what you're thinking, "why not just buy a 3DS XL and turn off the 3D?" Well, I need the money for other things too and despite having beefy hands, the 2DS has a perfect form factor, at least for me. None of the buttons feel hard-to-reach or anything like that. Granted I still have yet to actually play it since it's still charging, but I'm willing to give it a chance and once it finishes charging I'll be playing the heck out of Pokémon Y. All I care about are the games, I always felt like the stereoscopic 3D was kinda... gimmicky, though I'll admit it's impressive for certain games.

EDIT: Now that I've actually played it, my opinion stands. Loving my 2DS.

Last edited: