Good Vibes Cause Life Sucks at Times

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
Hey folks. I notice that a lot of people in TNE are more "real" than other boards I'm assuming because we are mostly well adjusted adult-ish people and everyone has to wade knee deep in the fecal matter life spews towards us at times. I figured if you need a place to get something off your chest or post something inspirational in a cheesy or cheese-free way you could do it here and it might help someone out.

I'll try to check this board weekly and say a prayer for those in need. I don't mean to get this board all preachy up in here but it couldn't hurt anything. Whatever gets you through or you think might help post it. Whether thats a song, a quote, or hell...funny cat pictures....do it! Or if you just need somewhere to post your thoughts to get it out do it. The goal is for this to be cathartic and somewhat uplifting.

...or not.

simplyTravis

I could use lots of prayers, good vibes, map editors, and anything else good right now. Moving sucks.
Dude, moving always sucks. It helps to have a truck though. I remember when I owned a Chevy Aveo hatchback which I called "The Clown Car". It was very capable of storing things in it that made no sense regarding geometric space. Chairs (like recliners), German Shepherds, art projects...you name it then it could fit in there with some finagling and seat positioning. I got rid of it after nearly everything broke on it within 70,000 miles.

Other than though, props on moving!

nerdman

pig's gotta fly
About a year ago, I was having some health issues. I thought I might have MS (it runs in the family).

I let my mind run away from me and I started imagining a future where I couldn't walk or was disabled in some way. It was pretty haunting.

Everything turned out okay, but I could never forget all the stories I read from MS patients. It made me realize how easily we can take stuff (like being able to normally swallow food) for granted.

From that point forward, I ask myself "Can I still walk?"

"Then it's a good fucking day!"

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Last year, I realized how stressful over time it can be working so many hours, while still managing to take care of myself, pay bills, groceries, occasionally hang out with friends, go to martial arts class, etc.

And yet, I like working because it keeps me busy, whereas if I'm not working so much, I lose a sense of motivation. It's funny because I know I have projects to do, and I want to do them, but there's a lack of deadline and motivation to get them done. Lately, I just go about like a hippie and gamble like a bunny.

A lot of this has to do with time management, which is something I've struggled with for years. I know I'm not alone in this, but I feel acknowledging it coul be a first step into effiiciently utilizing my time.

Games to play, movies and TV shows to watch, books to read, training to go over, errands to run, photos to finalize, videos to make and record, friends to keep in touch, etc.

I'm overwhelmed right now. I don't know what I should do manage it. I suppose I could start with a list of things I need to get done, whether it's optional or not. Make a pact to get them done for that day.

I'm quite lucky, I don't really have any problems in life. I mean yeah I can be sad and stuff but I'm not like coping with depression, have money woes, etc. So I'm grateful for that; I hear people having these problems often and makes me realise how lucky I am. I'm also always willing to help, though sometimes I don't know how. Not really sure what the purpose of my post is here, but I felt like typing it.

Speaking of motivation, I really need to start exercising properly. Otherwise I'll get all unhealthy and stuff. I just need to jog and stuff but starting is the hardest...

simplyTravis

About a year ago, I was having some health issues. I thought I might have MS (it runs in the family).

I let my mind run away from me and I started imagining a future where I couldn't walk or was disabled in some way. It was pretty haunting.

Everything turned out okay, but I could never forget all the stories I read from MS patients. It made me realize how easily we can take stuff (like being able to normally swallow food) for granted.

From that point forward, I ask myself "Can I still walk?"

"Then it's a good fucking day!"
I read this earlier on my phone while trying to force myself to take a break and wanted to give it a R.A.P. immediately. I had to wait until I got home and logged in to give your post the attention it deserved. Thats a hell of a way to put life in perspective.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
I'm slowly committing suicide with alcohol. So that's bad. It's really beginning to have a serious effect on my life, but I can't put it down.

simplyTravis

I'm slowly committing suicide with alcohol. So that's bad. It's really beginning to have a serious effect on my life, but I can't put it down.
That sucks dude. Alcoholism runs in my family apparently. My Dad's biological parents died in a crash when he was a baby because they were driving drunk. I didn't even know I had an uncle until about 5 years ago because they were split up and sent off to different people to live with. Apparently my Dad lucked out because my Uncle was pretty terribly mistreated, beaten, etc... He didn't look in to his biological family until his adopted Mother and Father died. He's even gotten depressed after some issues with a job in Qatar and hit the bottle too much but is trying to drop down on it some after some recent issues at Christmas. I wasn't in the area to be a part of but had to call in and try to fix the situation as much as I can because I tend to be the person of reason in times of crisis when my Dad is not. Luckily I don't care to be drunk very often but will get a buzz with a good whiskey every now and then. I worry that I'll hit the bottle one day and like it too much since its in my blood. I think the realization that I have that potential in me keeps me from doing it.

But man, if you know its happening at least you can admit it which means you can target ways to change it. A new year, a new Buddah, y'know? I'm not saying necessarily jump in to a program but slowing down might be a good start to regulating it.

I'll keep the good vibes pointed in your direction man. We need to Mario Kart again some time, by the way! I haven't gamed with the Buddah in forever!

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I'm quite lucky, I don't really have any problems in life. I mean yeah I can be sad and stuff but I'm not like coping with depression, have money woes, etc. So I'm grateful for that; I hear people having these problems often and makes me realise how lucky I am. I'm also always willing to help, though sometimes I don't know how. Not really sure what the purpose of my post is here, but I felt like typing it.

Speaking of motivation, I really need to start exercising properly. Otherwise I'll get all unhealthy and stuff. I just need to jog and stuff but starting is the hardest...
Despite what my post would lead you to believe, I am glad to be where I am right now. I am not in debt, I have a home, friends, a job. I'm happy. I'm simply nitpicking on things I know could go much better, but one step at a time.

Even today, it felt good to get some car parts ordered (still have more to get, but I got to start somewhere), file my weekly unemployment claims, finish my timesheets for the week, got some photos done and uploaded, my camera arrived today, went to kickboxing and Tai Chi Chuan this evening.

I want to be clear though, I am not intending on making anyone feel bad about their situation(s) going on. But if what I say can maybe help motivate others into getting things done, and feel good about it in the end, so much the better.

Remember, we are all here not only because we are gamers. We are like family, and family takes care of each other.

Peace out, bitches!

simplyTravis

Despite what my post would lead you to believe, I am glad to be where I am right now. I am not in debt, I have a home, friends, a job. I'm happy. I'm simply nitpicking on things I know could go much better, but one step at a time.

Even today, it felt good to get some car parts ordered (still have more to get, but I got to start somewhere), file my weekly unemployment claims, finish my timesheets for the week, got some photos done and uploaded, my camera arrived today, went to kickboxing and Tai Chi Chuan this evening.

I want to be clear though, I am not intending on making anyone feel bad about their situation(s) going on. But if what I say can maybe help motivate others into getting things done, and feel good about it in the end, so much the better.

Remember, we are all here not only because we are gamers. We are like family, and family takes care of each other.

Peace out, bitches!
Dude, having it good ain't bad! Sometimes attitude is the biggest thing to overcome at times. I'm glad to hear things are going good right now!

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
That sucks dude. Alcoholism runs in my family apparently. My Dad's biological parents died in a crash when he was a baby because they were driving drunk. I didn't even know I had an uncle until about 5 years ago because they were split up and sent off to different people to live with. Apparently my Dad lucked out because my Uncle was pretty terribly mistreated, beaten, etc... He didn't look in to his biological family until his adopted Mother and Father died. He's even gotten depressed after some issues with a job in Qatar and hit the bottle too much but is trying to drop down on it some after some recent issues at Christmas. I wasn't in the area to be a part of but had to call in and try to fix the situation as much as I can because I tend to be the person of reason in times of crisis when my Dad is not. Luckily I don't care to be drunk very often but will get a buzz with a good whiskey every now and then. I worry that I'll hit the bottle one day and like it too much since its in my blood. I think the realization that I have that potential in me keeps me from doing it.

But man, if you know its happening at least you can admit it which means you can target ways to change it. A new year, a new Buddah, y'know? I'm not saying necessarily jump in to a program but slowing down might be a good start to regulating it.

I'll keep the good vibes pointed in your direction man. We need to Mario Kart again some time, by the way! I haven't gamed with the Buddah in forever!
Thank you for the kind words, Travis. It's really fucking hard. The party started in college, and 8 years later it still hasn't ended. It's an addictive depressant. Tough shit to get over.

I'm not a wreck or anything. I'm still growing, hitting goals and being successful. But it's holding me back, for sure. Just check my sig.

And let's play Mario kart later today!

simplyTravis

Thank you for the kind words, Travis. It's really fucking hard. The party started in college, and 8 years later it still hasn't ended. It's an addictive depressant. Tough shit to get over.

I'm not a wreck or anything. I'm still growing, hitting goals and being successful. But it's holding me back, for sure. Just check my sig.

And let's play Mario kart later today!
Hey! I'm game for that tonight! Hit me up if you are around TNE. I'll keep the chat open while I"m on the PC.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
For me, Life isn't kicking me in the nuts so much as it's just twisting one or the other of my testicles every other week.

On Friday I had a blast at some friends' house, but then another friend of many years got really drunk and got belligerent arguing statistics. I don't remember what I did that got him so pissed off that he called me "a fucking retard" and an asshole multiple times, after which I did some serious condescending at him for being so drunk and ridiculous. Anyway I spent the whole day today really pissed off because of that, until now when I checked my email and saw he'd sent me an apology in the morning saying that he values my opinion highly and shouldn't have gotten belligerent and that he still has some growing up to do. So now I feel a lot better, and actually amazed that he apologized like that cause I don't think I would have been able to if I was in his place.

Anyway, I guess the message to take from this is: if you feel like you gotta apologize to someone, definitely do it, it'll more than likely make both of your days better. Life's already too hard without us making it worse for ourselves.