Happy 30th Anniversary Zelda!!! F You Nintendo for being silent.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I think with Wii U Zelda coming up, they really should have planned up some kind of hype video at least. Not even asking for a "Year of Link" marketing campaign here, just something to get us a little excited for the next Zelda. That said, if the game looks incredible when they finally show it, I'm not even going to remember that they forgot about the franchise's anniversary.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
I think I'd be ok if Nintendo would have at the very least made a video montage of some sort of the history of this franchise. Maybe throw the fans a bone and include a new trailer and sub name for the WiiU game.

But they didn't do jack squat.
Maybe cause it's a Sunday, maybe they will tomorrow. But it's hard to believe in anything anymore.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
@TheAmazingLSB thanks for featuring this thread.

This exact thread got me a warning on ign.
What a joke that place is. And what a joke Nintendo didn't recognize Zelda's 30th.

Sonic the Hedgehog will get a 25th celebration this year.
But Nintendo?? None of theirs will get shit this year. What a disgrace!!

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Is it bad that I really couldn't careless about LoZ......and I'm more like "F LoZ" than "F Nintendo"?

(I do buy the Zelda games but for the most part I never get hype for them).

But happy 30 year to LoZ, and to Nintendo for creating it. My oldest son is a huge LoZ fan after getting hooked on ALBW.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
Of course I had a account from I think a year or so ago. Now that most of my IGN buddies are here might as well hop back on.
I'm really happy to see you here. It's different here. It's slower but friendlier here.
And, there's less shit threads.
I'll still bounce around for the group and Ahmed's threads. He is super positive on ign idk how he keeps it up.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'm really happy to see you here. It's different here. It's slower but friendlier here.
And, there's less shit threads.
I'll still bounce around for the group and Ahmed's threads. He is super positive on ign idk how he keeps it up.
He's been there forever, he's even seen us migrate over here. Ahmed has been there for all that he's seen a lot of change, and we have watched him go thru his own changes. I couldn't tell you how many times I've personally invited him over here because I think a lot of Ahmed1k, hell played with him online more than once in WiiU games. Just wish he would make the jump already.

Also it is slower...........but just havin a few more members makes a big difference in speed.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
He's been there forever, he's even seen us migrate over here. Ahmed has been there for all that he's seen a lot of change, and we have watched him go thru his own changes. I couldn't tell you how many times I've personally invited him over here because I think a lot of Ahmed1k, hell played with him online more than once in WiiU games. Just wish he would make the jump already.

Also it is slower...........but just havin a few more members makes a big difference in speed.
We love Ahmed over there. He's the shining star over there IMO. He should be a mod on the WiiU ign boards.
I really wish he'd just come here though. I he has like 15 years invested on ign so it's gonna be hard to convince him.
Nevertheless he's awesome.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
We love Ahmed over there. He's the shining star over there IMO. He should be a mod on the WiiU ign boards.
I really wish he'd just come here though. I he has like 15 years invested on ign so it's gonna be hard to convince him.
Nevertheless he's awesome.
Many of us had mad time invested there. Once you make the break tho..........it's easy to not go back. But anyhow yeah I wish he migrated with us so long ago, but we will get him.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Is it bad that I really couldn't careless about LoZ......and I'm more like "F LoZ" than "F Nintendo"?

(I do buy the Zelda games but for the most part I never get hype for them).

But happy 30 year to LoZ, and to Nintendo for creating it. My oldest son is a huge LoZ fan after getting hooked on ALBW.
Not at all; we can't all love the same franchises. But even as much as I love LoZ (it's what turned me back into a Nintendo gamer after the PS/PS2 years), it's a bit hard to get super angry after they went all out for Zelda's 25th anniversary.

Completely ignoring Metroid, though...

To be fair, wasn't it Mario's 30th last year? All we got was Super Mario Maker. Sure, we had some Youtube videos like "ask Miyamoto" or whatever, but it wasn't out of this world.

Usually if Nintendo even does an anniversary it's with a compilation of something. Kirby had the Dream Collection, Mario had All-Stars on Wii (not even Super Mario World....that was pretty pathetic in terms of celebration). Donkey Kong, Metroid, F Zero, Star Fox, nothing.

And if you believe the rumours, we're getting Mother 3 on the VC this year.

Maybe cause I'm jaded but this ain't a big deal personally. We're getting Twilight Princess HD (I'm skipping) and Zelda U which they talk about as a return to form of the open world Zelda. That's enough for me.

It's only Februrary though, they still got 10 months left. They could have sales, launch something special with the new Not Club Nintendo, they could have videos on Youtube documenting stuff leading up to the release of Zelda U once we get an official date, E3 is in June and Nintendo Directs throughout the year. Point is, they could still do a lot this year, and I wouldn't worry just because they've been silent in Jan and Feb. It's Nintendo, they go months, even an entire year, without doing anything sometimes.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
I thought maybe on Monday Nintendo might do something since it's the beginning of the week. I woulda asked for this thread to be closed.
But Nooooooooooooooooo....

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I thought maybe on Monday Nintendo might do something since it's the beginning of the week. I woulda asked for this thread to be closed.
But Nooooooooooooooooo....
I figured something out when it comes to Nintendo. Nintendo fans have to try to be just like coal miners. And just like coal miners bring canaries down to the coalmines to check the oxygen levels, so do Nintendo fans need a friend that is more sensitive to the hype. That way, when a Nintendo rumor comes out and you see that friend start to get hyped, you know it's time to turn around and get the hell outta there before the hype gets to you as well.

And always remember to wear your serious helmet in hype zones.
:msrs:

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Just to play Devil's advocate here, yes, Sunday did mark the 30th anniversary since the official release of the very first Zelda game, but Nintendo would normally celebrate things like that throughout the year. And if you ask me, TPHD and Zelda U are how Nintendo plan on celebrating this.

I suspect we will see stuff happening starting next month since that is when TPHD will release, and it will coincide with MyNintendo, Miitomo, and what else they have in store. And if we're lucky, Metroid Federation Force won't be all that Nintendo will do to commemorate Metroid's 30th anniversary this year (Metroid launched August 6th that year btw).

If Nintendo plan on doing nothing for the 30th anniversary of either Zelda or Metroid? Then yes:

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
The year of Luigi was the biggest celebration Nintendo did in my opinion. Mario and Zelda franchise get almost nothing.
To be fair, Luigi is pretty intimidating. If he wants a yearlong celebration, you tend to listen...

[Seriously though, Zelda did get an E3 symphony blowout, a symphony tour, Hyrule Historia, and Skyward Sword. They can't go all out like that every five years.]

Irish_Shinobi

Metroid and Irish Enthusiast
I do not agree with the choice of words used here. But people, let us please think about something here. You guys are seriously complaing about Zelda not getting a 30th anniversay when they got a 25th? You have got to be kidding me. What about a franchise that did not even get a single word from Nintendo about any anniversary? Metroid. Metroid came out same year as Zelda and has been one of the most iconic and oldest franchises in Nintendo history. Not one word was even said about Metroid. I am well aware Nintendo has not released a new metroid game since Other M because of how much hate it received. But this is ridiculous. So to sum it off, at least Zelda franchise got an anniversary.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
The overbloated development of ZeldaU-nX is a disaster.
I don't know that I can agree with that. It will have been little over 5 years since the release of the last Zelda game when the new one comes out. That's roughly the same time between Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. It feels like the wait between Xenoblade Chronicles and XCX to me.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
I don't know that I can agree with that. It will have been little over 5 years since the release of the last Zelda game when the new one comes out. That's roughly the same time between Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. It feels like the wait between Xenoblade Chronicles and XCX to me.
Maybe so, but then Nintendo delayed the new Zelda multiple times. Yes I know I know I know. They always delay Zelda games multiple times. And these delays are a joke at this point. But it's getting ridiculous with Nintendo's inexperience in developing games in HD and their inexperience in making open world-ish games like they want ZeldaU-nX to become.

But it's ok. Hopefully ZeldaU will be worth the wait. But my WiiU backlog will be done by E3 with nothing on the horizon that I'll want. We all were hoping to have ZeldaU for Christmas this year. But owell. Most of us here have other consoles that will satisfy our insatiable hunger.

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
Sorry for the bump, not as active as I'd like to be. Nintendo really dropped the ball, shocker.
Neo!!!
Yeah i came back after the shit storm. I do some posting here and there. I talked it out with a few people and I'm ok.
Still. I'll never forget but it's gonna be ok. I never had a problem the guys here personally.

Oh yeah .... Stupid ass Nintendo. They coulda at least put a cool 30th logo on the TPHD box.