Have You Finished Super Mario 3D Land?

Menashe

For those who own the game, did you stop in the middle of the secret worlds or have you completed the game entirely? I stopped for a while in the fourth secret world and I just recently went back into and am currently in the fifth world. It's so much fun! But really challenging in the secret worlds.

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
I have not finished the game
It's been a mixture of me being too busy with work and too busy with other games, I was enjoying mario kart and ace combat more over christmas, but I literally started playing it again today. I've unlocked the secret worlds but I'm not far through them at the moment.

Menashe

After you beat the last Bowser you can go back to the first world and there will be a pipe taking you to the parallel Secret World 1.

Menashe

Yes, and you'll need it! Let's see how far you get in the Secret World before things start to get really difficult.

Hope so, completed the entire first world with all 3 hidden coins on each level in a matter if minutes. With the exception of a few of the later stages of Galaxy 2, I've found all recent mario games to be a little easy.

I like the little touches so far in the SW... like the bit in the level were you get above where the traditional HUD would me to get to a hidden pipe at the end of the level, and the 2d castle stage end with the black background from the lost levels. Its times like this Nintendo amaze me

running_in_jam

Man, some of these special levels are starting to get tricky. I'm a bit out of practise, but some of the Special World 2 levels took me out a number of times. It's good though I'm enjoying them much more than the normal levels.

So far so good. On Special world 4 and completed every level inc 3 coins on my first play through bar 2, as I needed the tanooki to get the to final star. Great game!

running_in_jam

I finally finished it the other day! Huzzah!

I actually haven't got all the hidden coins in some of the special worlds,i think 4, 5 and 6 i'm missing a few. Got pretty hard in places toward the end, but I definitely appreciate that second half of the game to the first.

Do you think they'll make a Super Mario 3D Land 2? Like they did with SMG2?

I first played the game back in April and attained a five star profile. Currently I'm giving Mario 3D Land another playthrough cause I enjoyed it so much. Personally I liked the short levels cause I really liked being able to breeze through them and aim for better times. I think the challenge was much better in the special worlds and I found the true final level in 3D Land more challenging than the one featured in Galaxy 2 cause seemed impossible to me without the use of the tanooki suit. Overall I think it's a great addition to the series, not quite 64 or Galaxy quality, but an awesome game nonetheless.

AniGamer

TNE Clan Owner
I did beat the game within a few weeks of having my first 3DS. It's such an amazing game, and I'm really hoping for a direct sequel in the near future.