Hello, I'm Salnax

I was invited here from another forum by an editor who went by the name "Freudian_Slip." So far, this looks like a cool website, and I think I'll check it out for a while.

That said, I want to ask you guys a question: What does Nintendo Enthusiast offer that I can't find elsewhere? I know that might seem a bit rude, but there are a ton of websites for video gamers in general and Nintendo fans in particular. I enjoy investing time and energy into sites like this, but is there anything about this site in particular that will suck me in?

Thanks for your time!
Salnax

Ex-Actarus

Hi Salnax,

I'm on Gametrailers as well ( Nfanboy ). Are you often in the Wii/3DS section on GT ? Who are you there ( if I may ) ?

I've been on that site for several months now and I can tell you it's "unique".

Just have a look at the articles, there is more depth here than in ANY other Nintendo website.

The amount and quality of content is really impressive.

But don't just take my word, have a look and you will see for yourself

It's a great webiste here, with true Nintendo fans

Welcome

"Ex-Actarus" wrote: Hi Salnax,

I'm on Gametrailers as well ( Nfanboy ). Are you often in the Wii/3DS section on GT ? Who are you there ( if I may ) ?

I've been on that site for several months now and I can tell you it's "unique".

Just have a look at the articles, there is more depth here than in ANY other Nintendo website.

The amount and quality of content is really impressive.

But don't just take my word, have a look and you will see for yourself

It's a great webiste here, with true
Nintendo fans

Welcome
I'm a semi-regular on the 3DS forum, where I'm also called Salnax. I manage the unofficial eShop thread there.

I'll take a look around here.

Nice to be here

Menashe

Hey Salnax, I was the "Freudian_Slip" who PMed you on GT. I don't like to strut our stuff, but the differences between us and other sites are a few things.

In terms of the forum, chat, and community, I'd say that we have a very friendly community and everyone gets to know each other on a closer level than on other forums. Especially if you ever check out the chat, that's where a lot of friends are made. But, people here look out for each other, so it's a nice community of Nintendo fans to be a part of. It's more similar to having a friend in real life than just being another user on a forum.

Second, is the content. We have something like 30 different people who have contributed to the content on Nintendo Enthusiast and none of them get paid. All of them have done it because they are passionate about Nintendo and are intelligent people who enjoy writing. So, our articles are usually in-depth, well-written, and have lots of hard work behind them. Many other sites on the web are about making a quick buck. Their articles are there purely to capitalize on controversial topics, and are very often short/shallow and provide you with nothing but cynicism. We try and imbue our "enthusiasm" for Nintendo into our articles.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Heya Salnax, thanks for stopping by.

I think Menashe pretty well covered what we do. Whereas other sites are about generating clicks, we are interested in content first. Sometimes these two things coincide, of course, but we are first and foremost about putting up something worthwhile to read. And this is also a community; we've had forum regs submit their own articles that get posted.

Lastly, on content, you'll find things here that you simply don't find in other places. I was lucky enough to recently score an interview with XSEED Games, and there were details provided about its localization and in-store shipping issues that simply weren't covered on bigger sites.

Stick around. There's good folks here.

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
Welcome Salnax! That's an interesting avatar, did you draw it yourself?

Anyway, allow me to answer your question. The guys above are totally right, the content is really great, you won't find it anywhere else, but that isn't the main reason I personally stick around. Menashe probably put it best, but the users here are all just really great people. You wouldn't find a troll or an unhappy soul anywhere, it's like one big happy family! I haven't even known them that long, but they were very welcoming when I joined and they've been a bag o' fun since.

So, there you go. I hope we are convincing you so far
See you around Salnax!

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Hello salnax, glad you joined us.

One thing I really hope we develop fully in our site is to have community members collaborate with one another on creative projects, games, or even articles. Like Mike said (aka Evil Mike, Evil Twin, ET, etc), we've already had members of the community submit their own articles to the front page, and there are a few startup game projects as well, of which I'm sure more will follow.
So yeah, how unique the site is will depend in part of how involved we can get with our community. If you have any idea for a gaming_related project, just look around the forums and I'm sure you will someone eager to help you do it, whether it be by adding some music, doing some writing, and so on.

Once again, we're glad to gave you here!