Ho Ho Ho!!! Merry Christmas TNE!!!

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
*face_Santa*

The end of the year is upon us TNE with the last major holiday a week away! Where did the time go?

What are your plans for this holiday season? Are you asking for anything or Christmas? Are there any special traditions your family has?

For me I guess you could say mine started right at the end of November. We got a gigantic 11 foot Christmas tree that my boys and I decorated. Since then all my Christmas presents were bought and done with at the beginning of Decemeber and have been wrapped and under the tree for 3 weeks. I told my boys "that if any of these gifts get unwrapped before Christmas I'll throw them all in a pile outside and set the whole stack on fire". So far so good:mthumb:

Since the last Friday Costello Stone had there Christmas party at a great little restaurant named Raffertys. We gave our men bonuses to make sure there family's had a great Christmas.

This week for the most part has just been business as usual. But starting tomorrow I do have my brothers traditional breakfast with my whole family and his wife's family. It's a great time with oh so much good food.

Wednesday will be the next tradition at night and it's called "Costello Christmas" it happens at my uncle Billy's house and it been a tradition in our family well before myself. I've only missed one my entire life. This is probably one of my favorite get togethers I love my Costello side so much and I don't get to see all my cousins until this event.

On Christmas Eve this is the big one for my immediate family mom, dad, bro and sis with there family's. We spend the whole day together exchanging secret Santa and doing all the gifts for the kids.

We do our family thing on Christmas Eve so it frees up the whole day for Christmas with our own family's in our own houses. So Christmas Day will be just for my family. I'm very very much looking forward to it this year. My oldest is at that age of "this could be the greatest Christams ever" or "I'm gonna be the first person ever to catch Santa" it's been super fun so far this year.

After Christmas that same weekend I will head to my in laws house and finish up my tour de la Christmas there for the weekend. Which I love because I think so much of my inlaws. Should be another exciting year.

What about y'all TNE? From me you you guys I pray a happy and Merry Christmas to you all, and I hope for another spectacular year with y'all here. :mhug:

Odo

We usually don't travel. We enjoy Christmas at home with my family.

Church services, family comes over for Christmas Eve and Day, lots of delicious food. We usually don't follow the tradition of Christmas Eve presents. My present for example was XCX, I'm already enjoying it :).

Christmas tree and lights are ready by the end of November.

My dream was more video games during this happy time, but most of relatives don't play.

Without trying to sound much of a Grinch, I can't really get into the spirit of things.

I watched Scrooged last night with some friends, and I brought a cake that no one touched. I got gifts for family and friends, and that's probably my favorite part. I got one friend a custom drinking glass with "fuck off" etched into it. I can see the look on his face now.

But there are no decorations in my place, I think I'm spending Christmas Eve alone, Christmas Day I have to drive out to my dad's, but since mom is coming out to my sisters, I gotta drive out for them mid way through the day. It's an hours drive so it ain't that big a deal.

I still got two or three things left to pick up, so I'll try to finish that today or Monday when I'm off.

I don't have many traditions, but my friends do. Some are going to a potluck tomorrow that I'm not invited too. A lot of them are going to a Christmas Day party that I can't do since I have to split my time between my parents. Some friends got a work party tonight. So yeah, the only tradition I personally have is put on a few Christmas movies and wrap gifts. Whenever I do that I'll put on Christmas Carol starring Mickey Mouse, Nightmare Before Christmas and The Grinch. Already watched Gremlins this year so I got that one covered.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Christmas season has always been a big deal in my family.

As much as Steve2 protested, I just can't decorate the tree till after Thanksgiving, but the Saturday after it was up and decorated as well as creating my amiibo Christmas village. Because the upscale retirement estate I work for is such a large campus, there is a lot to decorate there. By the time we were done, I had decorated 6 more trees including a 20 foot one in the great hall, placed around 200 poinsettias, and a million other things to add to the cheer. Seeing as my parents are getting older, we always go to their house to help them decorate. With all 8 of us, we can get it finished in about 3 hours.

This year, the family hasn't been as good about helping with gift ideas, but by around noon today, I'll be officially finished with shopping. Then comes the wrapping, and my gay genes mean that I have to have elaborate and immaculate wrapping.

At work, we have an annual holiday Gala with all the residents, their friends and family, and the senior staff. About 250 people total. Everyone dressed up. Waiters passing appetizers, alcohol flowing, jazz band playing, then a wonderful dinner.

Christmas Eve has been a big deal for us since I was little. It's more of a big deal now. Church services first, then Friends and family all come over and it's an evening of way to many appetizers, standing around laughing and talking, while Christmas Vacation or a Christmas Story plays in the background.

On Christmas Day, we'll be at my brother's house where it will just be family for presents, food, napping, and whatnot.

I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday Season, TNE! From our family to yours!

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Christmas was always a big holiday for our family. It used to be we would get the grandparents (sometimes my dad's parents as they lived in FL), sometimes my Aunt and Uncle's family (my Dad's brother who also lived in FL) as well, and we would all have this big Christmas with lots of gifts and food (we would also watch Christmas movies) It used to be a much bigger family thing than it has become. Since then, all but one of my grandparents have passed, and these days we don't want much to do with my Aunt and Uncle (let's just say we do not see eye to eye to put it nicely).

Since 2011, my oldest brother got married to his wife, and moved to Japan for the next 4 years (My SIL now lives in London, and my brother will join up sometime next spring/summer when he gets his visa, so he's now temporarily living with my parents, but will be spending Christmas with his wife's family), so at that point we would Skype each other on Christmas and chat for sometimes as long as an hour with my brother, and always with my SIL's family in the Isle of Man. I would love one year to have both family's come together for one big Christmas. :msmile:

This year will be a very low-key one due to some slight financial hardships with my parents (without going too much into it, a good portion of their money is in properties right now, and they want to get that shit sold and done with as it's costing them enough in taxes and upkeep that it doesn't make sense to keep them). They can get by, but I took it upon myself (after talking with my Dad) that I would provide some assistance and help them through this. In the end and without giving numbers, I gave them over half my savings to help them out, but after the properties are sold, I will be given the money back plus interest. My brother has also been suffering due to his job not paying enough, and he can barely get by. Next year, he hopes to get a new job, as his current one denied his request for a pay raise (it's a state job, so it was unlikely, unfortunately).

And then there's the fact I've been working at this job since late June by commuting every week to Green Bay, staying in a hotel (all paid for via per diem), so I'm only home on weekends. I have yet to spend more than a few days in a row at my apartment since I moved in August. It is as one of my co-workers said, "a temporary loss for a long-term gain." If what he said is true, then I'm optimistic I can become a permanent employee with the company instead of LTE starting sometime next year. I don't know how long I'll be in this line of work, but right now the opportunities are presenting itself, so I'm taking advantage of it.

For me though, 1) the two big highlights of giving back this year are this: proving some money for my parents, and 2), doing the same for LSB to help him through this terrible ordeal. In some respects, maybe this is what Christmas should be about. Not so much about the exchanging of gifts, but perhaps giving back to those who need it most. Family is very important to me, so helping those when I can is good, and same with friends who I could also consider family. This is also the time of year where if service is very good, I'll provide a bonus tip for the waiter/waitress servicing me.

Merry Christmas to everyone on TNE, as well as you, @TheAmazingLSB . :mthumb:

Went to Wal Mart on break, picked up a few movies for Dad to finish his stuff off, and got my niece an activity mat. The missus in front of me at the line up offered me the chance to go ahead of her since I had so little. I didn't take it, but I said thanks, 'you were waiting longer than me so no worries". Still, nice seeing people at this time of year being nice to strangers. It's only what the holidays are about.

Aaaaand I'm done now. All that's left is to pick up a case of Guinness for Dad on the way out and that's it.

Shoulder

Went to Wal Mart on break, picked up a few movies for Dad to finish his stuff off, and got my niece an activity mat. The missus in front of me at the line up offered me the chance to go ahead of her since I had so little. I didn't take it, but I said thanks, 'you were waiting longer than me so no worries". Still, nice seeing people at this time of year being nice to strangers. It's only what the holidays are about.

Aaaaand I'm done now. All that's left is to pick up a case of Guinness for Dad on the way out and that's it.
I had a similar encounter a couple months ago at Target. I had two items, and this woman had a a cart full of things. She looked at me, and said, "You go on ahead." I took her offer, got ahead, paid for my stuff, and left the building.

I think I had a bag of chips and some wine or something. Don't remember if I had a good evening or not. Actually, I don't even remember the bottle of wine I bought. Or was it wine I bought? Maybe it was bananas, actually. *scratches chin*

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
My feels this year for Christmas this year have been really high and excited this year. It has been good to see people treating one another really really greatly and neighborly.

Normally I'm not that excited for Christmas, actually I'm a lot like CoV this year. But something about it has caught me and it's been really really great.

I haven't personally bought one person a gift I've drawn a blank for my gifts. This past few days tho I have had it laid on my heart to sit down and write really important people in my life a letter just for them. I'm very excited about this and Ima start doing it this weekend.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
These days I avoid getting together with the family (uncles, cousins, etc), but I enjoy spending time with my parents and brother, who comes to visit during christmas. For the past few years I've been also hitting up Austin with my brother for New Year's and staying there for a week or two, which is great. Other than that we don't really have any traditions.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I give this 5 RAPs! Before I moved to FL, I worked for the Peanuts company, so Charlie Brown and the gang hold a very special place in my heart. It's not Christmas till I've watched "A Charlie Brown Christmas".

And I may or may not do the dance to go with the song.
When I was a kid one thing you could always count on during Christmas was Charlie Brown on the tube....

So I still play the song during this time of the year.... Memories....

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Without trying to sound much of a Grinch, I can't really get into the spirit of things.
I'm usually not a Christmas person, either. I got my main gift early this year, though - my friends took me on a trip to NYC. It was a great couple of days (saw lots of things, went to the Met, bought some great gloves and a scarf at Muji, ate my first sushi, saw the light show at Sak's). Better still to spend it with people I adore.

And now it's back to awkward family get togethers.

So can we post gifts we get? I got a few more :p

IMG_0183.JPG IMG_0184.JPG IMG_0185.JPG

That magazine is from 1977 with a 10 page detail about that Godzilla movie. Has a feature of The Black Cat with Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff. Ads for monster maskes, posters, shirts, etc. Ahhhhh this fucking mag is so kick ass.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Just got back from Costello Christmas. Let me explain. My dad has 3 brothers all of the 4 Costello family's are represented. Dude we had surely 50 people there of just Costellos. It was a great great time. This is also where we feast on all kinds of good food. The chicken casserole and that pecan pie was certainly on point as usual.

This is also the place were if my cousin and I done some crap job we would here about it from the 3rd generation. We didn't catch any crap this year:msrs:

Next up 10am tomorrow for Christmas all day with my mom and dad our family. I'm really excited. :mlaugh:

Shoulder

Just got back from Costello Christmas. Let me explain. My dad has 3 brothers all of the 4 Costello family's are represented. Dude we had surely 50 people there of just Costellos. It was a great great time. This is also where we feast on all kinds of good food. The chicken casserole and that pecan pie was certainly on point as usual.

This is also the place were if my cousin and I done some crap job we would here about it from the 3rd generation. We didn't catch any crap this year:msrs:

Next up 10am tomorrow for Christmas all day with my mom and dad our family. I'm really excited. :mlaugh:
Costello Christmas = Family Reunion

Every year is just the same old at home with family with me. Grandparents might come around and my brother. This year though I am visiting my friends in California and will be spending Christmas here; fly back on the 28th.

Uh, that's about it lol.

Haven't been on here in a while. Hope you're all doing well.
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas as well.

I'll be getting Xenoblade Chronicles X tomorrow (FINALLY)

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Well the big Family Christmas Day was a huge success.

The highlight of the day was riding with my uncle in his new Caddy with the corvette motor in it.

We hit 135 on the 4 lane in little or no time. It's a badass ride.

But yeah our whole family racked up I got some new St. Louis Cards kicking it clothes. My sons tho racked up, so much stuff I can't make it all. But the oldest did get Yoshi Wolley World and the yarn Amiibola:mcry:.

My youngest got tons of basketballs, baseballs, footballs if it can be thrown or played with he got it.

Shoulder

Well the big Family Christmas Day was a huge success.

The highlight of the day was riding with my uncle in his new Caddy with the corvette motor in it.

We hit 135 on the 4 lane in little or no time. It's a badass ride.

But yeah our whole family racked up I got some new St. Louis Cards kicking it clothes. My sons tho racked up, so much stuff I can't make it all. But the oldest did get Yoshi Wolley World and the yarn Amiibola:mcry:.

My youngest got tons of basketballs, baseballs, footballs if it can be thrown or played with he got it.
Sounds like the CTS-V, which has the 6.2L Supercharged engine from the 'Vette. I dig. :mthumb:

Sorry to hear though that Amiibola has consumed more of your family. It is almost impossible to stop at this point. It has even taken over me, but that's not for a few more months, so maybe I can develop a resistance or an immunity towards it. Maybe if I own only one, it'll be like getting a vaccine and I could build a tolerance, and thus keep more Amiibola from entering my life. Although, it might turn me autistic... :mfacepalm:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Sounds like the CTS-V, which has the 6.2L Supercharged engine from the 'Vette. I dig. :mthumb:

Sorry to hear though that Amiibola has consumed more of your family. It is almost impossible to stop at this point. It has even taken over me, but that's not for a few more months, so maybe I can develop a resistance or an immunity towards it. Maybe if I own only one, it'll be like getting a vaccine and I could build a tolerance, and thus keep more Amiibola from entering my life. Although, it might turn me autistic... :mfacepalm:
This Amiibola was a special one, like I've never seen. It's a small, green, Woolley, dinosaurs type. It's the wool and fur that has me most concerned. :mpray:

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
Happy Christmas to all of you! I still got 25mins left until it's officially Christmas here.

Every year my family pretty much does the same thing. We have a reunion where we stuff our faces and drink ourselves something until we don't wanna see it again for another year. This is the only time I allocate to bother visiting family, so I make the most of it. It's already a running gag how I don't ever make the time to visit them, I'm not gonna stop now.

And finally when it's time to leave they load me with so much stuff to eat you could've sworn I've risen from the dead or something. It makes me sad how I can't understand their feelings quite well, but makes me feel all fuzzy inside that they still care for me despite my inability to return the favour at least regularly.

Writing this made the cold soup I'm drinking suddenly warmer. Happy Christmas, again. Here's hoping I settle into a job I actually love the next year.

Shoulder

Christmas was good overall. Received a very nice sweater, a set of whiskey glasses, a bottle of Blanton's single barrel bourbon, and to top it all off...a bag of gummy bears. I feel there's a photo op in the near future to demonstrate this class and poise. :mfancy:

Christmas here starts on Eve and kinda flows along into the next day and then some.
I get together with my family and head to church. I worked this year for a bit while everyone began cooking and cleaning up for a big party. Its pretty similar to how we celebrate most holidays actually, now that I think about it. Around the afternoon I went driving around, dropping gifts for friends and family that have their own celebrations going. Came back in the evening when just about everyone possible starts pouring in. We sit around, eat lots of food, drink even more and talk a lot. I'll often duck away with my friends, cousins and various kids and we'll take turns playing video games and being complete asses to each other.
All of this to pass time until after midnight, when we exchange gifts. I did a lot more giving than recieving this year and I felt totally great.
And then we eat, play, and drink some more. I had my first vaping experience that day. It was cool but something I dont think I will be persuing. Had a lot of fun though. I think we started saying goodbyes at around 4am and I fell into bed at 5ish. Wake up on Christmas day and have the same thing happen again pretty much, minus the extra late night and drinking. Its a cooldown.

Great days though. Oh, I should mention I was wearing this for most of the festivity.
2_n.jpg Yes, my face is hexagons. My truest shame.

Shoulder

Christmas here starts on Eve and kinda flows along into the next day and then some.
I get together with my family and head to church. I worked this year for a bit while everyone began cooking and cleaning up for a big party. Its pretty similar to how we celebrate most holidays actually, now that I think about it. Around the afternoon I went driving around, dropping gifts for friends and family that have their own celebrations going. Came back in the evening when just about everyone possible starts pouring in. We sit around, eat lots of food, drink even more and talk a lot. I'll often duck away with my friends, cousins and various kids and we'll take turns playing video games and being complete asses to each other.
All of this to pass time until after midnight, when we exchange gifts. I did a lot more giving than recieving this year and I felt totally great.
And then we eat, play, and drink some more. I had my first vaping experience that day. It was cool but something I dont think I will be persuing. Had a lot of fun though. I think we started saying goodbyes at around 4am and I fell into bed at 5ish. Wake up on Christmas day and have the same thing happen again pretty much, minus the extra late night and drinking. Its a cooldown.

Great days though. Oh, I should mention I was wearing this for most of the festivity.
View attachment 2705 Yes, my face is hexagons. My truest shame.
So in true Shoulder fashion, I looked up the definition of hexagon, since you made that clear you did that to your face. Ummm...

Urban Dictionary:

Sexual encounter where one girl hooks up with 6 guys at the same time. There is double penetration plus two handjobs plus a blow job and titty fucking. It is found that the lady of the night needs to be on her back, possibly suspended by ropes.

I need to get off the internet. Time for some XCX. *slowly walks aways*

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
This was by far the greatest Christmas of my adult / married life. My oldest was really the catalyst for such joy and a buzz around the whole thing. So after all was said and done, and our oldest woke us up yelling "SANTA HAS COME SANTA HAS COME!!!" This is what he brought.

For my wife a handwritten letter in which I won't post the contents but it was from me to her. And she got a huge thing of makeup she has been wanting from me.

I got a shirt that says from Seinfield "Vandaly industry's importer / exporter". And the 3 pack of Splatooner Amiibola.

My youngest got a bunch of balls everything from tennis balls to footballs and has been just beside himself.

Now for the big one, my oldest. He racked up on a ton of puzzles, but really special puzzles like a map of Hyrule he got about 10 and all of them are really nice like that. He got a diamond foam Minecraft sword, 2 Minecraft books, actually about 10 more books that are like "100 facts about ___".

The big videogame grabs for him were and XboxJuan with Minecraft and Lego City game. He got Yoshi Wooley world with yarn Amiibola. And the game he has spent the most time with is LoZ:A Link Between Worlds and the little gem is Absolutky fantastic.

So for much good reason his excitement was contagious. I hope it's like this every year because I can't remember being this excited for Christmas myself.

Goodtwin

I had a great Christmas as well. I got lots of great gifts, but as an adult, I enjoy getting my nieces and nephew gifts more. It changed significantly as we get older, giving becomes much more satisfying.

I did get a couple games that I am enjoying. Captain Toad and NES Remix. Both are great ways to mix up my gaming lately. Been playing so much Xenoblade, these games are a nice change of pace.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk