How distracted are you refreshing dat NX news?

tekshow

I've almost given up the Internet, looking to make a dry run and get off this wagon. If NX news hits at this point I know someone will tell me about it. I used to get the same way when E3 would roll around; my job, daily life, everything would take a back seat while I hoped for news to pop up and counted down the days to the event. With the NX it's gotten worse, because there's not even a reveal date I don't know when this itch is going to get scratched!

My daily activities consist of:

1. Wake up at 8am pacific and refresh NX news sites because it's later in Japan
2. Have lunch and refresh NX news again because Reddit has to have found something by midday
3. Before 5pm (on my way to work) refresh NX googling because I might have missed the slightest rumor earlier
4. Come home at 10pm and check all the latest news because something couldve happened while I was at work.
5. Force sleep and hope Japan gets on the ball before I wake up the next day.

It's just getting ridiculous. I have to force myself to play some really good games. Otherwise I'll just sit there and refresh and research all day. I'm seriously thinking of taking a break so I can go back to "real life." Is anyone else deep down the rabbit hole where you're doing more NX pondering than video game playing? Cause it's weird right? Just sayin'

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
Your schedule is similar to mine, though I throw in a couple of quick checks on my phone during work. Realistically though, I think Nintendo typically announces stuff right around the time I wake up, so I generally expect that if there is nothing by the time I get out of the shower, there will be nothing all day.

BobSilencieux

I'm a good 5 - 8 hours ahead of most of you guys, so I tend to just have a quick check when I get up in the morning, hoping to get the scoop. Other than that, I'm not really on the edge of my seat or anything. Maybe that's because of my overall lapse in interest in the videogame world in general...

FriedShoes

MLG
I have said it before, but my every waking hour has anxiety about an NX reveal.
If NX didnt exist, I wouldn't browse the internet as much. I don't play videogames a whole lot these days, all focus is on seeking NX news and discussing NX news.
Save me, Nintendo.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
For me I feel much like @BobSilencieux , as a whole I'm not very excited about the way the industry is goin. So I don't keep up with every wakin bit of info I can find.

All that said I am excited about NX but I'm not waiting with baited breath on the final reveal. I take a when it come it comes approach.

I don't really care much. I'm intrigued, but when I check the news site, I'm not praying for NX or anything. I'll see it when I see it.

Had fun with the Wii U but Nintendo is really gonna have to prove themselves if they want me to buy a NX in 2017. I said it multiple times already but since I paid more attention to Steam and got a PS3/getting a PS4, my attention to Nintendo hasn't been as great as it's been. NX for me will literally be a Nintendo exclusives box.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
I had been thinking about it these past two weeks and was checking sites regularly in the morning, at lunch, and when I got home from work. But now I'm kinda numbed. The announcement for the Direct will come when it comes, then I'll be back to DEFCON 1 in anticipation of watching it.

tekshow

Your schedule is similar to mine, I generally expect that if there is nothing by the time I get out of the shower, there will be nothing all day.
Yeahhhhhh, but I can't stop looking! It's really help me if they just revealed a reveal date. Then I could at least countdown and ignore the rumors completely. Soon. Sooooon.

Senior citizens dont care about video games, news at 11.
Blasphemer! I'm 37, and I'll tell you my dear Fries friend, I can't wait to be a senior citizen. First off my BJJ game is going to be insane, secondly I plan to retire st 59/60 and I'm a game all day! Probably wearing some kind of Earthbound Fan gangster shirt and falling down in my living room using Nintendo VR Augmiibo Lens.

@CitizenOfVerona umm, so an exclusives box? Like Wii U and 3ds, hell yeah! I love a library full of exclusives. I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't have a constant marketing stream just bragging about all the exclusives.

Lots of coffee this morning, but still no NX news.

Getting hyped for videos games in 2016. smh fam tbh

Yeahhhhhh, but I can't stop looking! It's really help me if they just revealed a reveal date. Then I could at least countdown and ignore the rumors completely. Soon. Sooooon.

Blasphemer! I'm 37, and I'll tell you my dear Fries friend, I can't wait to be a senior citizen. First off my BJJ game is going to be insane, secondly I plan to retire st 59/60 and I'm a game all day! Probably wearing some kind of Earthbound Fan gangster shirt and falling down in my living room using Nintendo VR Augmiibo Lens.

@CitizenOfVerona umm, so an exclusives box? Like Wii U and 3ds, hell yeah! I love a library full of exclusives. I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't have a constant marketing stream just bragging about all the exclusives.

I meant for myself. If a game comes out on PS4 and NX, I'll still with the PS4 version most likely. I'll buy a NX once it gets worthy of a purchase, i.e. when Nintendo can bothers putting out more than just a 2D Mario in 6 months.

Koenig

The Architect
If I hear news from you guys or a reputable source I check it out as soon as possible. If it is another rumor I take it with a grain of salt. I have a mountain of salt now.

Odo

I don't need site news, because I have my own sources.

My source said that NX is going to be release between now and a certain time in the future. I mean, it's not gonna be in the past.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!

I'm also 37 aswell as Sir Bob. @FriedShoes bet I could still run laps around your youngish self

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I always check here and Twitter first thing in the morning to see if there's any news on the NX. Was thinking about plans for Halloween this morning, and, for some reason, the thought popped in my head "Wow, we will know all about the NX by then." Not sure why I felt so confident in that feeling, but there it was.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
As far as where I gets my news I always check here first, then the Wii Lobby forums on IGN, and EGG but that will soon go up.

But yeah I trust real people more than actual media, so I tend to stick to community's and rarely if ever do I check front side need on any site.

tekshow

I was able to be slightly more productive at the end of the week. Closed out the month of September well, but I can't tell if it's because I have more restraint or if it's just the end of the week. I always start Monday with a "it's going to be revealed today!" attitude. Then that slips to Tuesday, and by the middle of the week I just assume it's not happening.

Definitely it's coming this first week of October.

Or the next week after.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
so IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat last night was speculating (with pretty much all 3 in agreement) that the NX would be soft revealed at the very end of the month, with a full reveal early next year.... so basically in the late October investor meeting they would announce the concept, possibly another game in development, and the release date or time frame.... then in like January they would actually show the system and games at an event rather than a direct.... then they would build the hype until the release during the time between the full reveal and the actual release.

their speculation isn't based on any inside information, that seems to be heavily implied. This is just their own gut instinct based around the idea that they don't think the NX would stay in the limelight with the coming holiday games, and that it made more sense to fully blow things out early next year....

then they talked about the system being released in March.... or JUNE.... again, all based on their guts, not any information

thoughts?

I think Nintendo fans are bursting at the fucking seams, and the longer they hold off the more expectations will escalate until their is no way they can meet what the fans expect... I think we are already well into that reality as well

while I get the idea that hype is important for the success of the NX, and they wouldn't want it drowned out by holiday games... I think there is another way.... that being after the reveal they could steadily release more info... so basically, instead of revealing EVERYTHING initially, they would reveal the system, the concept, the release window and show like 4 or 5 games.... THEN a few weeks later show another few games.... THEN a few weeks later Show something else... etc... maybe at the beginning of 2017 they can do a 3rd party NX direct... and show DQ 11, maybe beyond good and evil 2, whatever else is in development.... and then maybe the month before release they could show off some stuff that will be coming out on the system not at launch but through like Fall 2017.... then make e3 all about the holiday lineup

just, for my own sanity, I hope IGN is wrong

theMightyME

Definitely it's coming this first week of October.

Or the next week after.
It is definitely coming next week.... I say this week, just as I said last week about this week, and 2 weeks ago about last week, and so on and so on since, like, august

hold on... let me ask my future self

Future TheMightME: I am TheMightyME from 2058, I can confirm when the NX will be revealed.... surely it will be announced next week... I can't wait.... of course I am unsure who is left to play it... the apocalypse happened in 2017 immediately after Donald Trump was sworn in as president... now if you'll excuse me I need to go to thunderdome and fight to the death for water

FriedShoes

MLG
My hair weaved?, wove?, woved?
My hair told a story. I had a bit of a fever dream this afternoon. In a fit of boredom I attempted to tie my hair up in as much ways as possible, the number ended up being 3, reasonably thick clumps. Passed out shortly after, and I admit I dont remember much because dreams but I saw a distinct image of a bird in flames flying around me as I was touching some device, it might have been the Morpheus thing Bob shared in the other thread or something else entirely.

The message was clear to me. A phoeNiX. Born from the ashes of Wii U and 3DS, a new being of hope. 3 ponytails... 3rd week of October. We near!

Whats that straight jacket for hey HEY!

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
so IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat last night was speculating (with pretty much all 3 in agreement) that the NX would be soft revealed at the very end of the month, with a full reveal early next year.... so basically in the late October investor meeting they would announce the concept, possibly another game in development, and the release date or time frame.... then in like January they would actually show the system and games at an event rather than a direct.... then they would build the hype until the release during the time between the full reveal and the actual release.

their speculation isn't based on any inside information, that seems to be heavily implied. This is just their own gut instinct based around the idea that they don't think the NX would stay in the limelight with the coming holiday games, and that it made more sense to fully blow things out early next year....

then they talked about the system being released in March.... or JUNE.... again, all based on their guts, not any information

thoughts?

I think Nintendo fans are bursting at the fucking seams, and the longer they hold off the more expectations will escalate until their is no way they can meet what the fans expect... I think we are already well into that reality as well

while I get the idea that hype is important for the success of the NX, and they wouldn't want it drowned out by holiday games... I think there is another way.... that being after the reveal they could steadily release more info... so basically, instead of revealing EVERYTHING initially, they would reveal the system, the concept, the release window and show like 4 or 5 games.... THEN a few weeks later show another few games.... THEN a few weeks later Show something else... etc... maybe at the beginning of 2017 they can do a 3rd party NX direct... and show DQ 11, maybe beyond good and evil 2, whatever else is in development.... and then maybe the month before release they could show off some stuff that will be coming out on the system not at launch but through like Fall 2017.... then make e3 all about the holiday lineup

just, for my own sanity, I hope IGN is wrong
I've thought all along that they will drag out announcements like they've always done in the past. "Here's a Revolution, look how small it is, look at the pretty lights. OK thanks for coming, see you in a few months!"

I don't want it to be true, but I really wouldn't be surprised if all we got this year was some titbits to hold us over until the new year.

theMightyME

I've thought all along that they will drag out announcements like they've always done in the past. "Here's a Revolution, look how small it is, look at the pretty lights. OK thanks for coming, see you in a few months!"

I don't want it to be true, but I really wouldn't be surprised if all we got this year was some titbits to hold us over until the new year.
at the very least I hope they give us at least 3 of these things.... confirmed concept, confirmed name, confirmed price, confirmed release date, confirmed date for more info, game footage or tech demos running on the hardware... c'mon nintendo.. you can at least do that... at least 3 of those...

I mean how easy would it be for them to say

it Will be called the NX, it will have an MSRP of $299.99, and we will tell you more on January 12th....

or how about

It is a hybrid, it will release on March 2nd, and here is some footage of breath of the wild running on it

or any combination of 3 of those 6 things

Odo

Naahh guys, you know it'll end up being some cartridge slot peripheral for Wii U with some increase in cpu and memory.

It's gonna be called New Wii U.

Say it quick:
niuu wiii yuuu

niuu wiii yuuu

nuuu wii wuu

nuuu wuuu uuuu

nuuu wuuu uuuu

nuuu wuuu uuuu

nuuu wuuu uuuu

nuuu wuuu uuuu

Gonna be great.

tekshow

at the very least I hope they give us at least 3 of these things.... confirmed concept, confirmed name, confirmed price, confirmed release date, confirmed date for more info, game footage or tech demos running on the hardware... c'mon nintendo.. you can at least do that... at least 3 of those...

I mean how easy would it be for them to say

it Will be called the NX, it will have an MSRP of $299.99, and we will tell you more on January 12th....

or how about

It is a hybrid, it will release on March 2nd, and here is some footage of breath of the wild running on it

or any combination of 3 of those 6 things
That's what I don't get at all. They've built plenty of hype, we have to be close enough to the launch at this point where they can say "We will talk about/reveal the NX at this time."

All of their social media in every channel is responded with nothing but pressure about NX. This hype won't last forever either, they have to communicate something soon.

Koenig

The Architect
@Odo
I sincerely hope they drop the "New" naming convention they have been using for years now. It was "Okay" when they first used on Super Mario Bros, but for a system it is an absolutely terrible identification.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
@Odo
I sincerely hope they drop the "New" naming convention they have been using for years now. It was "Okay" when they first used on Super Mario Bros, but for a system it is an absolutely terrible identification.
Just you wait, they'll call the NX:

NEW Nintendo Entertainment System

Koenig

The Architect
Just you wait, they'll call the NX:

NEW Nintendo Entertainment System
eeeeuugh...It could actually work... The NES is a beloved system but it has been out of the general terminology long enough that a reuse of it would not necessarily hurt. "New" would actually be used correctly.

I still think it is a terribly idea though....

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
eeeeuugh...It could actually work... The NES is a beloved system but it has been out of the general terminology long enough that a reuse of it would not necessarily hurt. "New" would actually be used correctly.

I still think it is a terribly idea though....
Oddly enough tho, it's coming out at Christmas or before. And people seem to be just as ate up with the NES Mini as they were the original NES. So I would dare say the terminology is still fresh in people's minds.