Howdy! New to the forums here!

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
Howdy, folks. I'm new to the forums and was recently asked on twitter to join in to the party. I have been an avid fan in the recent year but a lurker within the IGN forums. In fact, the main reason I am here is that IGN has become so Nintendo-Negative that it is almost unbearable. In the enthusiast we actually see NEWS on things such as rumors or reviews on indie games which, according to an email from Peer, is not something that will make money for them. I am glad to become a part of these forums and hope to become a regular but honestly, will most likely lurk daily.

I have been an avid Nintendo gamer since I was about 4 or 5. I own (almost) exclusively Nintendo systems because they provide the best games in my opinion. I play a few hours a week on the WiiU when I can fit it in to my schedule and a few hours on the 3DS when I can steal it back from my wife (even thought it was a Christmas present for ME!)

Outside of nerding it up like a pro I am a Fine Arts teacher for Kindergarten through 12th grade teaching things from general fine arts to printmaking, comic design, graphic design, yearbook/journalism, and various art clubs. I freelance graphic design projects and commercial art on the side when I can outside of my regular 60+ hour work week. I also coordinate after school programs for my school with around 300+ students in some sort of after school program or club (550 + at my school in total) and I run a discipline committee for the school. In case you didn't figure it out by now, I'm not a teenager. I am 30 as of 5 days ago (aka OLD) yet am still an avid gamer.

Being said, I have no problems looking at artwork or critiquing it so feel free to shoot me a pm. I personally use a Wacom Intuos 4 and work in Manga Studio 5 or Adobe CC programs. Being a video game enthusiast you are probably immersed in more art styles or even history than you could ever realize. I have a great admiration for this industry and love what it is; a living, breathing artistic canvas.

As far as likes outside of that, I am a fan of most types of music with my favorites being ska and punk. My wife collects WWII artifacts and is an art teacher also so I live in this quazi-museum. Oh, I also am a big fan of craft beers (preferably monk created), irish whiskey, and gadgets!

Ummm...I think that is about it. I work a lot, play games occasionally when I can, and am broke usually (teacher) so I can only buy about one game a month so it better be good! Thanks for reading and I hope I can contribute to this community.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Dang man if your old were does that put me (34) lol?

Anyhow Simply it's great to have you here in the TNE forums that are full of awesome posters, and if it's good news you want well I got some for ya starting off. We also game online quite often on a Nintendo consoles, and guess what else.........dare I say we all love our hobby of gaming for what it is :O

I know right, mind blown that a Nintendo place like this exist on the web. And we also really like one another, even tho some game on other consoles :O

I KNOW RIGHT! Well were all about respect for the game and others that's been our main goal here on the forums. So we hope you don't lurk to much but that you join in as you should see by a quick glacé out our topics that this isn't the usual place on the web for a gaming forum. And we're proud of that.

Anyhow if you need anything you can always ask one of our mods for help. They are @FriedShoes , @juegosmajicos , @Superfakerbros or myself Mattavelle.

I also have a wife (of 14 years this year) and a son who is in kindergarden. And another son on the way in 6 weeks.

Welcome to TNE enjoy yourself here.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Also just a very quick history lesson since you said you lurk IGN. TNE was born outta IGN when the forums there pretty well collapsed.

I was a memeber there from 2002 till alittle over a year ago. When I joined my great friends I made over there, and followed them here.

So we know what it's like to come from a war torn forum, and we are striving our best for that to not happen here. We love this community and wanna see it continue to grow with awesome people such as yourself.

simplyTravis

Haha, @mattavelle1 I guess I shouldn't say old but normally most people think anyone over 21 should not be playing video games. You know, gotta get the ladies and whatnot (normally stated in a more vulgar tone.) Thanks for such a warm welcome. I'll have to make an avatar in the some time soon. I just took something from an old Miiverse post I created which is now attached. It looks pretty horrible due to the size change.
Anyway, glad to see this place came from that collapse. I would also love to try to fit in some actual gaming time with other people around here! My NNID name is SK3TCH9 if anyone wants to add me.
Also, congrats on the wife of 14 years! I've only been married a bit over 3. We dated throughout college and I had to wait until she was through to walk her down the aisle. Also, another congrats on the kid on the way and the Kindergartener! I know those Kindergarten kids can be a handful (especially when they travel in groups of 30.)

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Nice to have you over, simplyTravis. I've seen you post every now and then on the IGN Boards and, yeah, it's a completely different environment than the IGN Boards. Over here, there's actual respect between people of various opinions and beliefs and you can be enthusiastic about what you enjoy, instead of having to be all cold and cynical. All I can say is make yourself at home and enjoy!

simplyTravis

Let see, gotta fire up the WiiU:ZombiU, Wii Sports Club Tennis, Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros U, Wii Party U, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Deux Ex, Need For Speed Most Wanted U, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Scribblenauts Unlimited,
Indies or Smaller Scale Games:D&D Chronicles of Mystara, Coaster Crazy Deluxe, Dr. Luigi, Tank!, Tank!, Tank!, Trine 2, Little Inferno, Toki Tori 2+
Since my Wii GPU broke I did not get to transfer over my Virtual Consoles but I have collected these:Earthbound, Kirby Dream Course, Kirby Dream Land 3, Yoshi, Kirby Super Star, Punch-Out, Balloon Fight, Donkey, Kong, Kirby's Adventure
3DS - Animal Crossing (new), Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Street Fighter 4, Tetris Axis, and next month I will have Pokemon X (my best friend finally convinced me).
Right now I am playing Animal Crossing mostly but would love to get in to Monster Hunter as I am rather noobish. I just wish the game didn't involve as much time consuming grinding. I hop on Need For Speed for fun runs online and really don't care for the single player as much as the awesome multiplayer.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Well you sir are at the right place indeed.

We have an active NFS online community as well as a Tekken Tag group.

Monster Hunter there is guys here who love to play that (tho it has slowed of late, I'm sure if you found the online thread for that you could get up a group easily) and pretty well everyone here has mics.

Wii Sports has here playing it aswell.

So yeah if you wanna find great guys to play with on your WiiU your definatly at the right spot.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I have a lot of games I will just name the ones you and I share that could be played together.

Tekken Tag2
NFS
MH3U
Wii Sports
Dr. Luigi

simplyTravis

Very cool. I'll try to hop on in the next few days and see if you are around. I am busy with starting up some new things at work and am trying to not brain too hard outside of there so gaming may not happen unless I just get in a mood for it, haha. I warned my wife that I might take over the tv this weekend for a gaming session. She just replied, "Thats fine, I'll just play Animal Crossing."
Wife Points +10

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Very cool. I'll try to hop on in the next few days and see if you are around. I am busy with starting up some new things at work and am trying to not brain too hard outside of there so gaming may not happen unless I just get in a mood for it, haha. I warned my wife that I might take over the tv this weekend for a gaming session. She just replied, "Thats fine, I'll just play Animal Crossing."
Wife Points +10
My wife, and son both have 3DS aswell as myself. Yes we all 3 have our own copy of AC and we visit each other's towns often and play together.

A family that plays AC together stays together
:p