Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity

Goodtwin

I was going to day one this game, but after seeing the framerate spend a lot of time in the teens, I decided to hold off. Im still interested, but mainly for the story. After Fire Emblem Warriors performed so well technically, I was shocked to see the state of which Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity launched. Just like the original on Wii U, Im sure its "playable", but with so many good games out on Switch, its hard to accept poor performance.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I was going to day one this game, but after seeing the framerate spend a lot of time in the teens, I decided to hold off. Im still interested, but mainly for the story. After Fire Emblem Warriors performed so well technically, I was shocked to see the state of which Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity launched. Just like the original on Wii U, Im sure its "playable", but with so many good games out on Switch, its hard to accept poor performance.
Hmmm, that's interesting. I actually haven't noticed a dip in the frame rate while playing.

Goodtwin

Hmmm, that's interesting. I actually haven't noticed a dip in the frame rate while playing.
You must not notice framerate drops hardly ever then, cause its terrible.

I will say this, when I played Hyrule Warriors on Wii U, it had a similar framerate and it didnt break the game for me. These games actually tie the gameplay physics to the framerate. When the framerate drops the gameplay slows down. For the most part, I prefer this over games that allow the gameplay to run full speed, but the action on screen looks like a slide show. Hyrule Warriors suffers from a lot of slowdown, but it feels ok because it feels similar to games that use bullet time. The action slows down and in some ways makes it easier to play. I will end up getting Age of Calamity at some point, but right now my backlog of games is just too big.

BobSilencieux

Hyrule Warriors suffers from a lot of slowdown, but it feels ok because it feels similar to games that use bullet time. The action slows down and in some ways makes it easier to play. I will end up getting Age of Calamity at some point, but right now my backlog of games is just too big.
Yup, for me, the frame rate "issues" are actually great. They never negatively affect the gameplay, in fact, they feel more like a positive bit of feedback. As in, when you manage to tank the frame rate, you know that you are doing some serious SERIOUS carnage!