I pulled the trigger on ESO

Tucker

“Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”
It's hard to really explain, but there's just something about it I love. Between the lore, the art direction, the way the controls are designed (etc. etc.) it's the first MMO that has genuinely grabbed me. More than that, it's the first time in a long time that any game has grabbed me as much.

Bearing that in mind, not only did I pre-purchase the game (any race in any faction is a nice bonus), I also opted for the digital "Imperial Edition". The first character I'm creating is definitely Toutius Sextius from Oblivion. Bless that unreasonably happy, slightly retarded man.

I'll gladly field any questions about the game if anyone has them.

My question: is anyone else jumping into ESO when it comes out?

I would, but I can't find the time to play any MMO anymore. That and the fact that I believe there will never be anything better than VMK. Why'd you do it Disney? Why'd you have to ruin my childhood? T_T

Tucker

The only experience I have with it is this one Vesti user making a 5 page thread about why it sucks 37 dicks
A lot of the problem people had was controlling expectations. They were all expecting Skyrim with friends. It's not that - what it is instead is a finely crafted MMO that takes place in the Elder Scrolls universe, complete with TES inspired design choices. The art style is much more like Morrowind and Oblivion than Skyrim (which I'm glad about; Skyrim is mega brown).

I don't really have time to play an MMO either, but I enjoyed the beta so much that I figured $15 a month is nothing for genuine fun and genuine excitement over a game (which I haven't had in ages), regardless of how much I play it.

Tucker

Well, not even officially released and add-ons are already available (the game has an add-ons menu). Check out this toolbar:

I don't even have most of the options turned on for it, but damn... I only set out to find a clock.

Tucker

And this is what makes the subscription fee totally okay. I got this response in less than half an hour.

wp_ss_20140401_0001.png