I'm gonna do it: Here's a list of every IP concept I thought of recently

GaemzDood

I thought these up as a way for Nintendo to better capture the install base of 3rd party developers while still allowing 1st party games to sell well. It makes a lot of sense to me honestly.

- 1080°: For a 1080° reboot, the game would feature slopes from around the world and a steep learning curve for freestyle tricks, as well as boardercross races, timed modes, and backcountry snowboarding. Whereas SSX represents realism in snowboarding like Call of Duty does for the military, think of this reboot as a sim. The game would feature dynamic weather conditions.

- Battalion Wars: Under Fire: Rather than playing like an arcade shooter with strategy elements, it would play out like a SOCOM game. You command your teammates, of which are divided up into classes of fireteams, by ordering them to do things like firing at will, overwatching, going prone, tossing a grenade of your choosing, following your lead, moving to a location, breaching (which there are multiple ways to do, such as shooting a doorknob or lockpicking, as well as multiple ways to breach a room like smoke, flash, tossing a frag, or running in), securing and holding a position, covering a target, and mounting a vehicle. While you command a fireteam at the start of a mission, you can also shift to other fireteams through swapping, similar to the previous games, except now you switch between fireteams that are individually commanded. Guns are more effective and the bullet sponging is gone. Instead, you have a limited amount of hits you can take, with the same applying to enemies. The levels are designed to be more tactical battlefields as opposed to on rails too, but they aren't massive like Squad or Battlefield. Instead, it allows for branching gameplay like Insurgency while still being somewhat contained.

You can shoot over the shoulder or go first person. Also, there's no cover system, just leaning, although you can blindfire. Also, for those who are worried an over the shoulder view would take up too much FOV, you can adjust the FOV in a slider.

Solar Empire, Western Frontier, Anglo Isles, Iron Legion, and Tundran Territories campaigns would all return.

- Custom Robo: It would be like Armored Core, including art direction wise. You would customize your mech and follow objective based missions.

In the Assembly category, you build a mech from the current pool of available parts. You can also Shop for parts while in your garage and all the parts that are currently available are listed in the garage, whether the players owns them or not.

You can paint your mech, except for boosters (same color as core), generator, and FCS.

You also command a mech squad via inputs or a map similar to Panzer Front for the PS1 or the original Ghost Recon. Before the mission starts, you can also customize the mechs and their routes similar to the original Rainbow Six trilogy.

The actual gameplay works much like Armored Core 4.
http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/Armored_Core_4

- Eternal Darkness 2: I was thinking it should be more inspired by The Shining and other psychological horror as opposed to Lovecraft for a sequel. I'm still developing this idea.

- Excite Rally: For the gameplay, it would use a Livetrack similar to Project C.A.R.S. 2, along with dynamic weather, lighting, and seasons. Cars are selected from various competition classes. There are buggy, stadium truck, and motocross modes as well. It would feature a full damage model, mechanical failures, and tuning for tyres and force feedback. The car lighting would use a real time HDR model similar to Gran Turismo Sport, while showrooms and cutscenes would vastly increase the LOD owing to them running at 30 FPS as opposed to the gameplay's 60.

Visually, it would run at 60 FPS in gameplay with a dynamic resolution and 1080p and 30 FPS for replays for the purpose of adding more post processing (bokeh depth of field, motion blur) and higher car LODs. The game would feature shadow casting headlights (running at 16-bit precision at 1k for that 60FPS), physically based rendering, SSAO and SSR (half res), atmospheric scattering, color grading, temporal AA, GPU particles for rain and collisions, atmospheric scattering, particle lights, refractions, real time environment maps for your car (running at half res and 30 FPS a la Forza), light shafts for sun rays, and adaptive tessellation for ground deformation. Cars would use headlights and paint hues similar to real world cars via the use of photogrammetry and PBR.

- Fatal Frame IV Remastered: Much like Metroid Prime: Definitive Edition, it would be a full on remake, complete with bug fixes.

- Geist [reboot]: You're a part of a government trained poltergeist assassin program designed to remove political targets (think Kim Jong Un, Assad, etc.) and terror threats. Possessions work in that you have to make a target vulnerable before you assume control of them, and after you possessed someone, you have to be very careful with how you approach a mission. You can't make yourself look suspicious, exit a body, and do something suspicious again with a different person, as then they will feel troubled after you leave them and report their feelings. You have to be stealthy and blend in with your environment.

Gameplay is a Hitman style systems based open ended stealth assassin game with more flexible posessions, although you don't *have* to kill anyone besides targets. You have a variety of ways to kill and dispose of targets stealthily, much like Hitman.

- Metroid Prime: Definitive Edition: More like a full on remake instead of a remaster. Completely redone textures with displacement maps, physically based lighting complete with static global illumination, completely remade geometry, image based lighting and environment maps for the various metallic materials, motion blurred GPU particles, water displacement, subsurface scattering, volumetric light shafts, per object blur and bokeh depth of field, higher polygon counts for all objects, dymanic physics for things like cloth, redone animations, anti-aliasing, shadows casting from stationary lights, particle lighting, screen space reflections, bloom, SSAO with capsule shadows, etc.

- Pandora's Tower 2: You're a treasure hunter in the early 1900s who gets infected with a demon virus that threatens to turn you into one, with the only way to stay human, both physically and mentally, is through harvesting and eating demon hearts. Combat is more visceral, with a free form camera and hordes of enemies, along with executions and a more visceral combat system. The combat would include manual targeting with directional inputs, skills with various properties that can be switched on the fly, enemy telegraphing, dodge offsetting, stamina stunning (think Nioh), enemy staggering via heavy attacks, and air combos/enemy juggling. Enemies are also very aggressive and require equally aggressive gameplay, and things like dismembering limbs generally weaken them.

- Slashing Reginleiv 2: A sequel that takes the class system from Earth Defense Force 2025/4.1, as well as adding the ability to swap classes on the fly. The classes include a soldier, heavy, medic, and magic. There's also a new RPG system that allows you to put skill points into your classes in addition to the usual improvements you would expect from weapon unlocks. When I say swapping classes, I mean that like Dark Souls, you can basically overlap classes by spreading out your experience points that you get from killing enemies. Online co-op and split screen is also supported.

The maps are much bigger and more destructible than the original Wii game owing to the extra Switch power, resulting in epic setpieces. Enemies can be scaled a la Shadow of the Colossus; on an unrelated note, the lack of this in EDF 4.1 bugged me since some of the levels could clearly use it.

Last edited:

GaemzDood

Now for 3rd party titles that aren't actually Nintendo's but are Nintendo affiliated and could easily be swooped up by Nintendo.
- Moon:
I want to design a game based on a dream I had. It's a mix of System Shock 2 (RPG elements and horror), Metroidvania (exploration), and Alien: Isolation (being stalked, stealth). It's about a plague that attacks a medical vessel and you're a surviving doctor attempting to look for a cure before it spreads to Earth. If you're unaware, Moon is an underrated shooter developed by Renegade Kid for the DS. Given this, I would like to use the IP for an immersive sim that barely has anything to do with the first game a la Prey.

The RPG side works like this: you have combat points that you put into weapon classes (CQC weapons, flamethrower, sniper rifles, pistols, assault rifles, submachine guns, shotguns, grenades, grenade launchers), which helps with aim, guns jamming, range, and recoil. There's one character trait you can select which improves specific abilities initially, but like Dark Souls, they all phase out and don't matter in the long run. They include "soldier" (which starts you off with high strength and agility), "holistic" (which increases your maximum health initially), "hacker" (which eases hacking), "engineer" (which makes repairing easier initially), or you can choose none of them like the "deprived" class in Dark Souls, and this increases strength, agility, vitality, luck, and endurance [the stats] when you start out. Weapon parts can be found and used to create new mods for your guns. There are perks you can put points to like hacking, repairing, weapon duration, and research (to build new stuff).

- Ninja Five-O: You play as a ninja cop Joe Osugi, from the GBA release, tasked with hunting down a guerrilla group attempting to start a civil war in Japan. It's a hack n' slash beat em up with grappling hook mechanics and gunplay. The gameplay would involve genre standard mid air combos, jump cancelling, manual targeting with directional inputs, skills with varying properties, and offset dodging. Enemies can chain attack and force you to use your dodge, similar to Bayonetta, and are aggressive when in a frame. Enemies telegraph with at least over 21 frames any attack. Hitstunning is always possible due to your guns and grappling hook, but can offset it with super armor. Enemies also don't evade or counter at the exact moment you attack.

- Powerslave: A reboot of the 1996 Saturn cult classic that is set in Egypt once again. It plays out much like Metroid Prime, with puzzle bosses, unlockables that allow you to access shortcuts, puzzles, platforming, and shooting. The game would also feature a double jump mechanic with a hover descent move and sword combat similar to Shadow Warrior. Gun combat would be similar to Powerslave EX on PC, if I had to give a comparison.

The story would take place in the height of political instability in Egypt, with the player taking the role of a merc/independent journalist that "disappeared" and now has to find a way to escape.

- Red Steel 3: You take control of the nameless hero from the previous game, only now he's an aged drifter in a lawless cyberpunk western environment where private entities run rampant owing to the government's collapse. The sword and gun combat can be played with Joy Cons or a regular controller, and you can switch between sword and gunplay on the fly (think Shadow Warrior). The game would use a proprietary Ubisoft engine and would feature most of the technical know-how features and a day and night cycle; it would be designed to run at 60 FPS like Red Steel 2.

It would be much more dark, gritty, and violent compared to Red Steel 2, with more frequent expletives as well as blood and gore.

Last edited:

GaemzDood

Can somebody change this thread title to "Post your ideas for Nintendo exclusives in this thread, all y'all"? My phone isn't letting me and I want this to be a thread where everybody contributes ideas.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Odo

Call me nuts, but Nintendo should try to make or to get a mature shooter. I hoped Devils Third would be the thing, but it ended up like that.

Something that is not really about war, not too bloody, sci-fi, killing monsters but no horror stuff, ... damm.. i'm describing metroid prime... forget it.

Nope, no metroid prime, something else that they could iterate every two years or something. Something more like usual shooter fun.

GaemzDood

Call me nuts, but Nintendo should try to make or to get a mature shooter. I hoped Devils Third would be the thing, but it ended up like that.

Something that is not really about war, not too bloody, sci-fi, killing monsters but no horror stuff, ... damm.. i'm describing metroid prime... forget it.

Nope, no metroid prime, something else that they could iterate every two years or something. Something more like usual shooter fun.
- Battalion Wars: Under Fire: Rather than playing like an arcade shooter with strategy elements, it would play out like a SOCOM game. You command your teammates, of which are divided up into classes of fireteams, by ordering them to do things like firing at will, overwatching, going prone, tossing a grenade of your choosing, following your lead, moving to a location, breaching (which there are multiple ways to do, such as shooting a doorknob or lockpicking, as well as multiple ways to breach a room like smoke, flash, tossing a frag, or running in), securing and holding a position, covering a target, and mounting a vehicle. While you command a fireteam at the start of a mission, you can also shift to other fireteams through swapping, similar to the previous games, except now you switch between fireteams that are individually commanded. Guns are more effective and the bullet sponging is gone. Instead, you have a limited amount of hits you can take, with the same applying to enemies. The levels are designed to be more tactical battlefields as opposed to on rails too.

You can also command and shift (or board) to tanks, naval fleets, and aircraft.

You can shoot over the shoulder or go first person. Also, there's no cover system, just leaning, although you can blindfire. Also, for those who are worried an over the shoulder view would take up too much FOV, you can adjust the FOV in a slider.

Solar Empire, Western Frontier, Anglo Isles, Iron Legion, and Tundran Territories campaigns would all return.

- Moon: I want to design a game based on a dream I had. It's a mix of System Shock 2 (RPG elements and horror), Metroidvania (exploration), and Alien: Isolation (being stalked, stealth). It's about a plague that attacks a medical vessel and you're a surviving doctor attempting to look for a cure before it spreads to Earth. If you're unaware, Moon is an underrated shooter developed by Renegade Kid for the DS. Given this, I would like to use the IP for an immersive sim that barely has anything to do with the first game a la Prey.

The RPG side works like this: you have combat points that you put into weapon classes (CQC weapons, flamethrower, sniper rifles, pistols, assault rifles, submachine guns, shotguns, grenades, grenade launchers), which helps with aim, guns jamming, range, and recoil. There's one character trait you can select which improves specific abilities initially, but like Dark Souls, they all phase out and don't matter in the long run. They include "soldier" (which starts you off with high strength and agility), "holistic" (which increases your maximum health initially), "hacker" (which eases hacking), "engineer" (which makes repairing easier initially), or you can choose none of them like the "deprived" class in Dark Souls, and this increases strength, agility, vitality, luck, and endurance [the stats] when you start out. Weapon parts can be found and used to create new mods for your guns. There are perks you can put points to like hacking, repairing, weapon duration, and research (to build new stuff).

- Turok 1 and 2: Son of Stone Collection: A complete remake of Turok 1 and 2 on a modern day engine, complete with all the improvements you'd expect as outlined in other concepts, such as the technical features from the Metroid Prime remaster I thought up, as well as a solid framerate for all modes (60 for the single player and two player split screen, 30 fps for 3 and 4 player deathmatch) and the erasing of the fog.
Have you ever heard of this game?

I recently watched a Digital Foundry Retro video on it. It's a hybrid of Doom and Metroid Prime. The IP is in limbo, along with others like Soldier of Fortune (mainly due to the abomination known as Payback, but also because Double Helix was rushed) and Turok, which leaves Nintendo with a hell of an opportunity. I feel that Powerslave in particular is the perfect title to capture old school Nintendo fans, partly because it was made by ex-Nintendo developers, all while catering to a wider and older audience.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
But seriously, listen to this music. It sounds like a remix of something out of Metroid Prime.
Nah man. Prime's music wasn't just about the ambient soundscape, it also had a complex arrangement of melodies and rhythms. Kenji Yamamoto was on point.

It actually is close to some ambient EDM like Four Tet.

GaemzDood

Nah man. Prime's music wasn't just about the ambient soundscape, it also had a complex arrangement of melodies and rhythms. Kenji Yamamoto was on point.

It actually is close to some ambient EDM like Four Tet.

Okay, it sounds like an extra ambient Egyptian rendition.

GaemzDood

Has anyone ever heard of a GBA game called Ninja Five-O (Ninja Cop for Europoorans)?

It's a mix of Ninja Gaiden and Bionic Commando with side scrolling shooting, and it's also one of the potentially best games to reboot as a 3D character action game/beat em' up.

To this date, no 3D beat em' up has matched the elegance and grace, so to speak, of Ninja Gaiden Black's combat. It's still the superior ninja game by any subjective measure.

For a reboot of this game, I was thinking of something along the lines of the grappling hook mechanic of Bionic Commando in 3D (so something like what was seen in COD: Advanced Warfare, which did it really intuitively), gunplay since you are a cop, the ability to arrest suspects who surrender, and hack n' slash combat. I'm not sure how the combat system would be though. Every action game is unique with how they approach it. I'm thinking something based on traditional martial arts swordplay.