I'm leaving the Nintendo ship - PS/XB Tips and Appreciation

Odo

I am pretty disappointed in Nintendo but because spending 300 every 4-6 years is really nothing to me I will sadly always be a cuck for Nintendo and buy their consoles day 1 anyway.

Hope you enjoy the PS3/PS4 if you shockingly missed out on the PS2 gen I would buy most remasters and download the Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 from PSN. Time to get hyped for Persona 5 this year baby.
Oh yeah. Persona 5.

After that Persona 5 trailer, Tokyo Mirage became instant rubbish in my eyes. I mean, I'm not dropping full price at all for TMS.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I can totally understand why you feel frustrated with Nintendo. Their consoles don't exactly get much third-party support and Nintendo's output this gen slowed down hard. But, I won't lie, that was a pretty over-dramatic post, dude. It's really no big deal or anything, man. It's just gaming

Now, for the PS3, I'd recommend stuff like the Arkham games, Ni No Kuni, inFAMOUS 1 + 2, and Portal 2. There are other games I'm forgetting but that's off of the top of my head. For the PS4, if you're into them, there's the Souls games, Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, and, more recently, Overwatch. Personally, Overwatch is the first game I've actually given a fuck about on the PS4. The rest either disappointed me, barely interest me, or never interested me at all

Odo

I can totally understand why you feel frustrated with Nintendo. Their consoles don't exactly get much third-party support and Nintendo's output this gen slowed down hard. But, I won't lie, that was a pretty over-dramatic post, dude. It's really no big deal or anything, man. It's just gaming

Now, for the PS3, I'd recommend stuff like the Arkham games, Ni No Kuni, inFAMOUS 1 + 2, and Portal 2. There are other games I'm forgetting but that's off of the top of my head. For the PS4, if you're into them, there's the Souls games, Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, and, more recently, Overwatch. Personally, Overwatch is the first game I've actually given a fuck about on the PS4. The rest either disappointed me, barely interest me, or never interested me at all
Thanks for the recommendations.

And yes, it is a big deal for me, so I shared with the guys here. It was easier for me sum up all my thoughts on Wii U here on this post than hate it everywhere on the forum or just leave the forum entirely, since Nintendo and Wii U is not my cup of tea any more but it's loved here (of course), so I'm just sharing with the team here. I didn't share it on other places because I don't care what they think.

It's a big deal for a lot of people too, in fact. There's an entire crowd of early adopters that are pissed off out there. Most of you are ok with Wii U because it's your second console and you will play other good games on other consoles this year and them buy NX as a second console again as a luxury just to play another Mario. Nintendo only users had a good time with GC/GBA and Wii/DS (I did), but not any more.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Thanks for the recommendations.

And yes, it is a big deal for me, so I shared with the guys here. It was easier for me sum up all my thoughts on Wii U here on this post than hate it everywhere on the forum or just leave the forum entirely, since Nintendo and Wii U is not my cup of tea any more but it's loved here (of course), so I'm just sharing with the team here. I didn't share it on other places because I don't care what they think.

It's a big deal for a lot of people too, in fact. There's an entire crowd of early adopters that are pissed off out there. Most of you are ok with Wii U because it's your second console and you will play other good games on other consoles this year and them buy NX as a second console again as a luxury just to play another Mario. Nintendo only users had a good time with GC/GBA and Wii/DS (I did), but not any more.
No problem

Erm...none of my systems have been secondary systems. My Wii has gotten just as much playtime as my PS3 and they both still do today as my little sisters hop between them. My GameCube and PS2 got equal playtime as well, with the GameCube only edging it out in terms of local multiplayer playtime. My Wii-U and PS4...well...I hardly tough either of them but my PS4 has probably gotten less than a hundred hours on it and my Wii-U has a few hundred hours on it. Even if it was a secondary system or a complete disappointment, like it is for you, I still wouldn't be angry because gaming is a very inconsequential thing and I can just move on. Like, I'm not getting the NX or the PS5 and I don't feel anything when I say that because who really cares? Most of the kind of games I want don't get made anymore, outside of Nintendo, but Nintendo has mostly stuck around with the franchises and that begins to wear down after a while as I feel that they can make excellent new IPs as well so my interest in newer gaming systems has declined rapidly and I'm gonna need something amazing to get me back on board

As for the people who are pissed, it's mostly forum goers and YouTube commenters. Everyone else is either liking it, disappointed, or moved on

Odo

No problem

Erm...none of my systems have been secondary systems. My Wii has gotten just as much playtime as my PS3 and they both still do today as my little sisters hop between them. My GameCube and PS2 got equal playtime as well, with the GameCube only edging it out in terms of local multiplayer playtime. My Wii-U and PS4...well...I hardly tough either of them but my PS4 has probably gotten less than a hundred hours on it and my Wii-U has a few hundred hours on it. Even if it was a secondary system or a complete disappointment, like it is for you, I still wouldn't be angry because gaming is a very inconsequential thing and I can just move on. Like, I'm not getting the NX or the PS5 and I don't feel anything when I say that because who really cares? Most of the kind of games I want don't get made anymore, outside of Nintendo, but Nintendo has mostly stuck around with the franchises and that begins to wear down after a while as I feel that they can make excellent new IPs as well so my interest in newer gaming systems has declined rapidly and I'm gonna need something amazing to get me back on board
Wii/DS days were great. I still have DS games to play. So many great games, I didn't have enough time to play anything else. Same for GC/GBA.

About NX/PS5/PSNeo/X2, me either, but I still have a lot of faith in gaming. I enjoy what they're trying to do this generation and I think I'm enjoying gaming more today than I used to 10 years ago. Only Nintendo that really left the show in my opinion. I was quite disappointed in 2014 and I didn't like almost anything Nintendo have been announcing since 2015, Triforce Heroes, Federation Force, amiibo, too many platformers, FE:Fates.....

I just don't know about this idea of console upgrades, that's the only thing that makes me a bit worried about the future of gaming. I've got mixed feelings about the "mobilisation" of consoles.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Wii/DS days were great. I still have DS games to play. So many great games, I didn't have enough time to play anything else. Same for GC/GBA.

About NX/PS5/PSNeo/X2, me either, but I still have a lot of faith in gaming. I enjoy what they're trying to do this generation and I think I'm enjoying gaming more today than I used to 10 years ago. Only Nintendo that really left the show in my opinion. I was quite disappointed in 2014 and I didn't like almost anything Nintendo have been announcing since 2015, Triforce Heroes, Federation Force, amiibo, too many platformers, FE:Fates.....

I just don't know about this idea of console upgrades, that's the only thing that makes me a bit worried about the future of gaming. I've got mixed feelings about the "mobilisation" of consoles.
I definitely liked the DS a lot. By far, one of my favorite systems of all time and the first handheld I was able to really sink my teeth into. The Wii's best games are, in my eyes, easily some of the best ever made but it got too few worthwhile games per year. I still like it but I put it below the GameCube and about the same as the N64 but still above the Wii-U

I wish I had your faith because this gen and last gen helped to effectively end my interest in console gaming. I get that you're disappointed in Nintendo but 2014 was great, man. 2015 kind of sucked but I still feel that Splatoon and Super Mario Maker were solid titles and, currently, I'm loving FE: Fates. I guess you really don't have an interest in them anymore

I don't think it's gonna be quite so bad. My guess is that the games will still target the PS4/XB1 but, once the second upgrade comes in (could be a PS5/XB2), the PS4/XB1 will slowly stop getting support while the PS4.5/XB1.5 will be the new base models. The upgrades will probably offer better performance and will be the one you want to go with but the base models should last for a decent amount of time. At least, that's what I think will happen as I don't see Sony and Microsoft dropping like 60+ million people

Odo

I definitely liked the DS a lot. By far, one of my favorite systems of all time and the first handheld I was able to really sink my teeth into. The Wii's best games are, in my eyes, easily some of the best ever made but it got too few worthwhile games per year. I still like it but I put it below the GameCube and about the same as the N64 but still above the Wii-U

I wish I had your faith because this gen and last gen helped to effectively end my interest in console gaming. I get that you're disappointed in Nintendo albeit 2014 was great, man. 2015 kind of sucked but I still feel that Splatoon and Super Mario Maker were solid titles and, currently, I'm loving FE: Fates. I guess you really don't have an interest in them anymore

I don't think it's gonna be quite so bad. My guess is that the games will still target the PS4/XB1 but, once the second upgrade comes in (could be a PS5/XB2), the PS4/XB1 will slowly stop getting support while the PS4.5/XB1.5 will be the new base models. The upgrades will probably offer better performance and will be the one you want to go with but the base models should last for a decent amount of time. At least, that's what I think will happen as I don't see Sony and Microsoft dropping like 60+ million people
Yes, the base is huge, I hope they listen to you :)

My concern is about the industry slowly but surely forcing us to upgrade more and more and devs starting struggling to support all those consoles that will be out at the same time.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Yes, the base is huge, I hope they listen to you :)

My concern is about the industry slowly but surely forcing us to upgrade more and more and devs starting struggling to support all those consoles that will be out at the same time.
lol Here's hoping :p

Hmm...I think developers will, for the most part, just stick with base models and maybe offer better performances and visuals for upgraded models. It's not like making a game for a brand new system with a completely different architecture or anything. That being said, it also won't be as easy as copy and pasting so I guess we'll see. I just personally feel kinda ripped off because I spent $400 for a PS4 last year and not only did it have a price drop but there's gonna be a better PS4 coming out soon but, whatever, no biggie

You have gone mad. But its not your fault. Its only natural you were driven to this.

Look at reality. Nintendo didn't answer our prayers... Is that because we didn't have enough faith? Even if we didn't have faith, Odo did. Why did he have to be sacrificed? Is Nintendo dead...? Is it just not there...? Maybe Nintendo never existed to begin with! If Nintendo doesn't exist in our world, then... I will create Nintendo with my own hands! Odo... Please guide me... I will destroy all false pretenses of Games, for you...

Ps4 , Last guardian. Ill be there with you. As the day that title releases, I will be buying a ps4. Wont be making the same mistake I did with my ps3, I tell you what.

Odo

You have gone mad. But its not your fault. Its only natural you were driven to this.

Look at reality. Nintendo didn't answer our prayers... Is that because we didn't have enough faith? Even if we didn't have faith, Odo did. Why did he have to be sacrificed? Is Nintendo dead...? Is it just not there...? Maybe Nintendo never existed to begin with! If Nintendo doesn't exist in our world, then... I will create Nintendo with my own hands! Odo... Please guide me... I will destroy all false pretenses of Games, for you...

Ps4 , Last guardian. Ill be there with you. As the day that title releases, I will be buying a ps4. Wont be making the same mistake I did with my ps3, I tell you what.

LOL, that's funny, but in fact you're right about me. How could I have put so much faith on Miyamoto & Co those couple of years (let alone after they presented that Project Robot rubbish, that was embarrassing...)

Nintendo didn't answer my prayers. Yes, that's it. I had faith (maybe not enough LOL) and they sacrificed me. They sacrificed one of their small lot of 12m Wii U owners. :D

Or, in other words, they haven't fulfilled my expectations as a consumer and so they actually sacrificed me. Damm Nintendo! Like when Apple released that iPad 3 and then killed its support while iPad 2 kept its support (that's insane, if I had bought an iPad 3, I'd be mad).

So when a company does that, I just don't buy their products any more. No reason to keep supporting Nintendo to help them survive. Nintendo's not a religion. If they don't sell the products I like, they may die and I don't care. My PlayStation will be delivered soon. :D

If you're a wizard and can make a Nintendo for me, please do that mate. :D

And Last Guardian looks brilliant!

tekshow

Did you get a new console?

Personally on a budget, I'd look at XBO. Since it has BUILT in backward compatibility. They're all good though, plenty of gaming on every platform.

Koenig

The Architect
Did you get a new console?

Personally on a budget, I'd look at XBO. Since it has BUILT in backward compatibility. They're all good though, plenty of gaming on every platform.
Isn't the XBO backwards compatibility limited to software emulation packets and is not inherent of the system itself?

tekshow

yes, but that continues to get regularly updated.
xbo also has 4k bluray support and HDR support, no need for a PS4 Pro.
Yep yep! It just works. I can't be bothered with the techno wizardry behind it. All I know is I can walk into a store and buy cheap 360 games on a disc and bring them home and play them.

Got Red Dead Redemption, which I never beat cause my PS3 HDD died, and South Park for less than $20 each.

With my PS4 the only optiom is the Now service. And I don't know about everyone else but I'm getting kind of tired of being nickeled and dined on countless services for streaming, phones, cable, podcasts, etc..

Odo

Yeah @Odo, so give us an update on how your PS4 is treating you.
Yeah, well, after all your suggestions I decided to pick up a PS3 some months ago. It was ridiculously cheap and I got many cheap games with it including a marvellous MGS collection.

The games I've been playing are

Metal Gear Solid
Devil May Cry
Dishounored
Need for Speed Shift
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
Final Fantasy VIII

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen is the one I'm most interested now. The games is great and I love the "true dark nights" of the game.

FFVIII is also very good, but stopped playing it.

I almost picked up a PS4, but I though about all those great games and RPGs of PS3 and they're all cheap now and I decided to have a go with PS3 at least for one year. Next year I may buy a PS4 since I've already have more than 20 PS4 games on my wishlist.

My PS3 backlog is huge now, since I got many deals. Those from the top of my head:

FFIX
FFX
FFX-2
All Batman games
Dragon Age
Ni no Kuni
NFS Most Wanted (I got it this week)
Dragon Ball Xenoverse
MGS legacy collection
A few Tales of games
Devil May Cry HD collection
Tomb Raider
Catherine

I'm having a blast with my PS3 and I'm spending little money. I should've bought a PS3 instead of Wii U back in the days.

The suggestions of the community here helped me making this beautiful PS3 wishlist and backlog. :) I want to thank you all, this thread helped me a lot.

Now If you have any suggestion about PS4/X1, I'm all ears. As I said I like PS4 library and exclusives, but some X1 exclusives are great. Everytime I see this new Forza gameplay I want a X1.

If you like shooters at all get Doom. Wolfenstein The New Order is also great besides a couple of levels that aren't as good (hello opening level and sewer level)

edit: And Bulletstorm. Always Bulletstorm.

Last edited:

GaemzDood

No point in getting an Xbox One since all of the exclusives can be played on PC at a higher resolution and framerate, and the PS4 Pro is coming out in 10 days, so I'd wait for that.

Odo

No point in getting an Xbox One since all of the exclusives can be played on PC at a higher resolution and framerate, and the PS4 Pro is coming out in 10 days, so I'd wait for that.
I'm thinking about PS4 Pro. Do you think owning a PS4 Pro in the end will be worth it? So far PS4 Pro seems to be just a bit of better graphics for me.

GaemzDood

I'm thinking about PS4 Pro. Do you think owning a PS4 Pro in the end will be worth it? So far PS4 Pro seems to be just a bit of better graphics for me.
It runs games the PS4 didn't run at tolerable resolutions at tolerable resolutions, if you care about that sort of thing.