Interresting Sega Saturn games?

hogge

So I've always thought that the Sega Saturn is the sexiest looking console ever. Lately I've noticed how cheaply you can get your hands on one.

The thing is that I became a gamer when the Saturn was already, in essence, dead. Thus I have very little knowledge of what games are available for that system. I know the obvious stuff, like Virtua Cop 1 and 2, Sega Rally, Virtua Fighter 2 and Nights, but beyond that, I'm not sure.

I'll probably buy Die Hard Trilogy, since me and a friend played the heck out of that game for the PSOne back in the day, and Fighters Megamix seems like a feature-packed fighter. Checking out the very first Need for Speed might be interresting as well.

But what games would you recommend?

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Die Hard Arcade....
Astal....
Clockwork Knight 1 and 2....
Any Capcom game....
Radiant Silvergun....
Battle Monsters....
Ultimate MK3....
Panzer Dragoon Saga....
Shining the Holy ark....
Burning Rangers....
Magic Knight Rayearth....
Albert Oddyssey....
Alien Trilogy....
Darius Gaiden....
Dragon Force....
Golden Axe the Duel....
Duke Nukem 3D....
Cyber Troopers Virtual On....
Shining the Holy Ark....
Shining Force 3....
SCUD The Disposable Assassin....
Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2....
House of the Dead....
Gaurdian Heores....
Shining Wisdom....
Gungriffon....

Ex-Actarus

One of the most disappointing console I've ever had.

I just 3 games If I remember well : Bug, Virtua fighter and Golden Axe "the Duel" ( what of piece of S... ).

Ex-Actarus

...well you didn't exactly choose any of the games worth owning on the system, as small as it's library of quality games is
I doubt anybody would put the Saturn in the top 10 systems of all time.

Personally I wouldn't even put it in the top 20, but of course that doesn't mean it did not have quality games ( and I probably didn't have the best ).

I had a 3D0 and it had few good games to, but it wasn't one of the best consoles out there, same for the Saturn.

I dunno....I might put the Saturn in one of my top 10 systems of all time....

Maybe because Panzer Dragoon Saga is one of my personal favourite games ever but there was plenty of other good stuff.

Clockwork Knight, Die Hard Arcade, Mighty Hits, NiGHTS, 3 Dirty Dwarves, Lost Vikings 2, Bug!, Fighters Megamix, Mr Bones and many more

Then I moved to Japan and discovered all the unreleased stuff and it's not hard to imagine that the Saturn would be rather popular with some people.

beanboy

No mention of the famous cross over fighting games?:eek:

Check out X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Marvel Superheroes vs. Street Fighter. Both saturn versions are close to the arcade version's, unlike the playstation ports. So playing the saturn versions, was like literally playing the arcade version's at home.

Last edited: