Karkashan's Praising Grima Again

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
So, I'm just gonna spam this thing with random ass videos from my YT account. Depending on my mood I'll write a bit about the game, the recording process, the strats, etc. etc.

Just a little something I smooshed together in Mixcraft during the trial run.

My first gameplay video I ever did for YT. Plz understand about the audio quality - it sounds like a sock wrapped in a lemon because it's a cheap knockoff.

praisegrima

Last edited:

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Part 1 of 100, Mega Man Battle Network 3, White Version. The first *major* project I ever did. Hard to believe it's been close to 5 years since then.

Part of a series I gave up on halfway through. Was inspired by a youtuber named Roahmmythril (who does MM perfect runs) to do a couple MM perfect runs of my own. Mega Man games become phenomenally more difficult when you don't allow yourself to take damage.

praisegrima

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Probably not the absolute best I had ever done in COD, but one of the better showings, at least.

I named my character Memphis out of respect for the one dog I was never afraid of. Just this kind ole boy would keep me company as I walked home in 3rd grade. I might have a phobia of dogs but I loved that little (big) shit.

praisegrima

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Yeah... So.

Stuff.

Decided to scrap about 6 or 7 of the last 10 Dragon Age Inquisition videos. Yes, it's a blind, long-play. But at this point I just want the damn thing over and done with and out of my hair.

I figure if I do this it might just kick my butt in gear and I'll finish something after I start it.

praisegrima

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Yeah... So.

Stuff.

Decided to scrap about 6 or 7 of the last 10 Dragon Age Inquisition videos. Yes, it's a blind, long-play. But at this point I just want the damn thing over and done with and out of my hair.

I figure if I do this it might just kick my butt in gear and I'll finish something after I start it.

praisegrima
I hear ya. There are times when I do want to just get a game over, even if I do thoroughly enjoy playing it.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
I hear ya. There are times when I do want to just get a game over, even if I do thoroughly enjoy playing it.
Thing is I've been done with the game for over 6 weeks. Just with how long it takes to render out video and upload it I wasn't able to do a whole lot else on my computer in the interim, so I got burnt out in regards to video games just from that alone.

praisegrima

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Thing is I've been done with the game for over 6 weeks. Just with how long it takes to render out video and upload it I wasn't able to do a whole lot else on my computer in the interim, so I got burnt out in regards to video games just from that alone.

praisegrima
I know exactly what you mean. Back in 2004 (pre-HD), I edited and created a GTA: Vice City stunt video which took me tens of hours because it was my first real attempt at video editing. I used Fraps to capture all the footage, and would use the replay feature of GTA:VC (a PC-only feature), save that replay, exit the game, or minimize the window, take the stunt file, name it "stunt##," move it to a folder I would use to store all the replays, and then repeat that process for almost 90 stunts I did for that video. And tthen when it came time to record footage, I took the replay file, put it back into one of the Game folders, change the name to "replay," and then loaded the game, played the replay, and hit record, while also getting the right angles for the stunt.

Ultimately, I used only around 80. In all, the video was around 15min. I was burned out from doing it all, and I started to dislike Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Freebird" when was all said and done (I used two other songs btw besides Freebird, but those ones I still love. "Ready, Steady, Go," and Van Halen's "Panama" I also used).

I still have it, and have pondered about uploading it to YT for all to see as I've never done that. My Shenanigans thread is my first time uploading videos I've captured onto the internet.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom

This here was probably one of the most convoluted recording processes I ever had to deal with. First, recorded with the S4's share button. Then I made a shill Facebook account. Then uploaded to Facebook. Then downloaded using a 3rd party site. Then I rendered it twice before it was compressed/encoded properly for uploading.

So glad Sony added a "turn off HDCP" option in a later update.

grimabepraised

Karkashan

Married to Chrom

We destroy some pods, fight Electro, and utilize the Rhino to break into a prison.

praisegrima

Last edited:

Karkashan

Married to Chrom

From tonight's stream on Twitch. For "just trying things out so I'll be ready to stream MH4U on Fri" I certainly played further than just the first five minutes.

praisegrima

Karkashan

Married to Chrom

We destroy pods, then scale Kingpin's tower, then destroy electro-pods, then take on Venom-Electro.

grimabepraised

Last edited:

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Im gonna start a youtube channel. any suggestions?
What do you wanna do with it? Something like mine or more like a commentary Let's Player?

Some general stuff:

Verify your account as soon as possible - this will help you bypass the 15 min. cap on videos quicker, and give you the ability to upload custom thumbnails for your videos as well.

Make your playlists easy to watch - DO NOT USE THE NEWEST FIRST BUTTON THAT YT GIVES YOU - I can't stress this enough. YT plays the videos from 1 to 2 and so on. Putting videos in newest first is like putting the last chapter of the movie in at first. It's confusing, autoplay is useless, and nobody will use your playlists because of it. (Note: don't bother trying to change the "Uploads" playlist. It can't be done and even if it was nobody really uses it that way)

Also, make the playlist the "official" one for whatever series you're doing - that way if somebody comes across your video, they'll have a link to the playlist in the upper right corner.

Video resolutions you should know about:

854x480
1280x720
1920x1080

Gameplay should be in either 30 or 60FPS, not 24.

If you have any questions about rendering, audio delay, formatting, Virtual Dub, etc. etc. I might be able to help you out with that.

praisegrima

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Music really.

And some non gaming related discussion. I'll upload some gameplay footage from certain things perhaps but it wont be the focus
Okay, that's a bit of a different animal, but I've dabbled a little bit.

Is it your music or just things you're gonna upload? Cover/remix or an original piece? Sampled tracks or no?

If you don't mind claims, you have some wiggle room on YT. Not nearly as much as Video game footage channels, but you do have some room.

I would suggest making two accounts: one for music (your main account) and one for your discussion/gameplay videos. Your main one is more likely going to get taken down/have major issues when compared to the other one.

You can, however, give control of one channel to another account, which should simplify things immeasurably.

grimabepraised

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Mostly original compositions and MADS

Not looking to monetize anythig so what am I looking at here?
Research, it looks like. It's always good to know what the basic policy is for certain companies' take on music being on YT. Really depends on if it's Video game OST's, public domain stuff, etc. etc.

Your original stuff should be fine, but be prepared to fight back against YT in case there is a mistake in the claim system.

grimabepraised

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
*sigh* As soon as I get to a new page, I'll try to edit in some spoiler tags for some of the videos, see if it actually works/helps at all.

praisegrima