Lost In the Nintendo Enthusiast Forums

Lost_In_Translation

The Man Behind The Curtain
Hi folks, my name is Tom. Those of you who have posted on the IGN forums might recognize this username from there. For those who don't, that's cool too. I like meeting new people and getting to know folks, especially those who enjoy discussing Nintendo.

Though I'm just making an account for the forums now, I've actually been around on and off (especially in chat) from a very early point in NE's history. Menashe, juego and others have done a great job here, and I've long wanted to join in on the fun. Unfortunately, for a long time the IGN Nintendo boards were simply too overwhelmed with problems, and not enough mods to help out with them, so I had to focus my time there. Now though, we have more mods on that front, so I can spread my wings a bit.

I look forward to posting here, chatting about Nintendo, and otherwise just having a good time. Rock on!
m/

Hey there! I have to admit. Feels a little bit weird greeting one of the guys who threw down the hammer on me, but nonetheless, welcome man! :p

Menashe

I'm going to do something totally out of character in honor of your coming to the forums. I'm going to post an anime gif.
Lit's here? In this forum?

WOOHOO!!! LET'S CELEBRATE!!!

Lol, definitely no hard feelings haha. Just doing your job (heck, I don't think I would even have a problem with you becoming a mod here, different ball game).
Yeah, I actually saw you in the NE chat a couple of times and while I never said anything, I thought it was really cool to finally see you in your natural state (away from your modding duties).
Really am glad to have you here and hope that NE provides a good relaxation area from your modding duties.:D/

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
MY MAN LiT!!!!

Soooooo freakin badass to see you here my friend! Its like peanut butter and jelly, it just the most delicious with all ingredients.

And if anyone understood that please tell me.

Damn glad to have you here! Looking forward to posting side by side with you again. Welcome welcome!

Lost_In_Translation

MY MAN LiT!!!!

Soooooo freakin badass to see you here my friend! Its like peanut butter and jelly, it just the most delicious with all ingredients.

And if anyone understood that please tell me.

Damn glad to have you here! Looking forward to posting side by side with you again. Welcome welcome!
I've missed posting with you and all the other former regs on IGN. It's nice to be around everyone again!
>:D

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Real glad to see you here man! I barely even see you at IGN these days, but I place the fault in the hooligans that have taken over the Wii U Lobby CT. I used to go there to complain that the 3DS Board CT was awful, but now I can't tell the difference between the two, so I don't go to either. Maybe I'll pop by to say hello to the people there real quick.
But as Matt would say, 'I'll tell you what', the Wii U Forums CT here is shaping up real nice, a bit like the old IGN one.
Oh, by the way, we have community-selected mods here, now. What do you think of superfakerbros and friedshoes being mods? :>

Welcome back fella.... this does feel like some old school reunion but a little more than that maybe. I hope it's a step change for the better. As for you putting the smack down....I think you've done that to most of us lol!!! Hey Matt, throw us a cold one...pulls up stool!

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Welcome back fella.... this does feel like some old school reunion but a little more than that maybe. I hope it's a step change for the better. As for you putting the smack down....I think you've done that to most of us lol!!! Hey Matt, throw us a cold one...pulls up stool!

Welcome LIT! Glad to see you here always enjoyed your input over at IGN and look forward to hearing your opinions without your bobby hat on! LOL!!

You'll see plenty of familiar faces(usernames) here without the usual IGN trolls lurking. It really is like taking a breath of fresh mountain air here after sucking in the smog over there!

Lost_In_Translation

Real glad to see you here man! I barely even see you at IGN these days, but I place the fault in the hooligans that have taken over the Wii U Lobby CT. I used to go there to complain that the 3DS Board CT was awful, but now I can't tell the difference between the two, so I don't go to either. Maybe I'll pop by to say hello to the people there real quick.
But as Matt would say, 'I'll tell you what', the Wii U Forums CT here is shaping up real nice, a bit like the old IGN one.
Oh, by the way, we have community-selected mods here, now. What do you think of superfakerbros and friedshoes being mods? :>

Yeah, I still post on the Wii Lobby, but a lot less now. Mainly when I have something to say about an older game, or to help out on some of the bigger problem threads. My time's been spent more behind the scenes, with the new mods and everything. Plus I'm trying to branch out elsewhere, like on Twitter. So I've had plenty going on.
:)]

And new mods are always cool. Congrats to them both!
Welcome! Feels weird to have a bigger post count then you :D
Don't worry, I'm sure I'll catch up quickly enough. ;)

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
Welcome LIT! :) As a lurker of the IGN boards for a long time now, I feel like I already know you a little! It's really great to have you man, I hope you like it here! :D

Lost_In_Translation

I never knew your name was Tom! Welcome aboard, man.

Yep! A tomcat forever has been my AIM name for about 15 years, lol.

If you don't make this your profile picture.....

Also, I thought you didn't want to reveal your information on the internet.
Has he revealed anything new? I always knew his name was Tom, and one time he even showed us a pic of himself on IGN.
I've never posted a pic of myself on the IGN boards, ever. You may be thinking of someone else. I have been open about my name though.
Hey man. Good to have you here. I'm from IGN as well, but I was fairly low-profile over there... kept mostly to myself.
Yeah, I recognize ya! Nice to see you over here as well!

GaemzDood

If you don't make this your profile picture.....

Also, I thought you didn't want to reveal your information on the internet.
One time he even showed us a pic of himself on IGN.
I never knew about that. I just know that he doesn't want to reveal information from a GCB thread I read. I believe Hardcore_Hector was the OP & he asked if you reveal personal information on the internet.

Menashe

I've never posted a pic of myself on the IGN boards, ever. You may be thinking of someone else. I have been open about my name though.
Really? I remember it pretty clearly. You uploaded a pic of yourself as your MyIGN profile pic soon after MyIGN began, but you took it down pretty soon afterwards. Everyone was saying, quick, go look at Lit's pic! It was a blurry pic but I remember that you were a bit short and stocky and we all kidded around about that including you (I don't know why that was so amusing).

Lost_In_Translation

Really? I remember it pretty clearly. You uploaded a pic of yourself as your MyIGN profile pic soon after MyIGN began, but you took it down pretty soon afterwards. Everyone was saying, quick, go look at Lit's pic! It was a blurry pic but I remember that you were a bit short and stocky and we all kidded around about that including you (I don't know why that was so amusing).
Yeah, I mean...I'm positive I never posted a picture of myself on MyIGN. o_O My pic is the one thing I've always kept private, simply because I don't wish to scare off the internet.
:p

Menashe

Yeah, I mean...I'm positive I never posted a picture of myself on MyIGN. o_O My pic is the one thing I've always kept private, simply because I don't wish to scare off the internet.
:p
Well then it must have been that people were pulling a prank or something, pretending a certain picture was you.

Lost_In_Translation

Well then it must have been that people were pulling a prank or something, pretending a certain picture was you.
Must have been. If I remember correctly, when I first started posting there I wouldn't even reveal my age, I was so private. How times change! :p