Main Site Feedback

I often have suggestions for improving the main site. Instead of bugging Menashe directly all the time I thought I could just post it in here as I wasn't sure if there was a greater web team that worked on the front end.

Anyways first suggestion:

Putting the site's search bar in a more accessible location than mid way down the page. Took me a while to find the search feature on the main site, any chance it could be moved up towards other links and menu items?

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
My main thing would be if there was a column for features and a column for news articles. I appreciate all the up-to-date news, you guys keep me in the loops. But your feature articles are so well written, that I think they deserve a place of prominence on the website for a longer period.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
My main thing would be if there was a column for features and a column for news articles. I appreciate all the up-to-date news, you guys keep me in the loops. But your feature articles are so well written, that I think they deserve a place of prominence on the website for a longer period.
This so much this! The features should stay up longer and not being buried under everyday news.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
^ That's how it used to be, but I don't know what happened that news and features started getting mixed together. I think it's meant to change with the tentative redesign.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

The front page says it needs slides

Under the part where it says latest news & features you should have the last three days be their own column with dates

ASuch

The Salt Master
-Add more color to the website, the grey and white are boring and hurt my eyes-Get rid of the tablet-friendly design. Make a mobile specific site or something instead. One thing I really like about IGN's website design is how easy it is to go through all the recent articles in an easy list format.-Please get rid of the all caps for article titles, lol

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
This isn't about the site, but the ads. (Not sure if you have exact control over type of ads or content) Is there anyway to make it so the ads don't automatically play? Because even when you do turn off that specific ad, when the page refreshes, it starts playing again. It's a small thing, but it is annoying.

ASuch

The Salt Master
This isn't necessarily a criticism of the site, but I wouldn't mind helping out with a PC/Steam section of the site if we expand in to that area m/

Over the course of years, this site will grow. And with that, sections of the site will grow. Obviously a non-nintendo section of a nintendo site won't be as popular, but one day they'll see great activity. Also, there's Gaming Enthusiast lol.

Cyan

In all honesty I don't like the white on gray. Seems to dead for a Nintendo thing. Maybe have muted/pastel red as the background? Also I personally don't like metro stuff, but I can't say it's a "bad" design.

In all honesty I don't like the white on gray. Seems to dead for a Nintendo thing. Maybe have muted/pastel red as the background? Also I personally don't like metro stuff, but I can't say it's a "bad" design.
I remember Menashe saying that migrating to Xenforo will cause it to go into this default look, luckily I'm sure the guys are hard at work trying to put a theme in or what have you!

Cyan

I remember Menashe saying that migrating to Xenforo will cause it to go into this default look, luckily I'm sure the guys are hard at work trying to put a theme in or what have you!
Oh, no. I meant the main site. Xenforo's default still looks great :D