Mario Galaxy 3 or New 3D Adventure?

[hr]
So Nintendo posted that picture on their Facebook wall and it got me thinking, would you guys be okay with Mario Galaxy 3 or do you want a completely new 3D adventure? Maybe you want both or you'll be upset.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Oh very intriguing. I honestly can't choose. A new Galaxy's would be amazing, a new 3D Mario would be amazing.

How about this. Ill be extremely excited for the next 3D Mario no matter which direction they go with it.

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
I'd prefer something new, the galaxy games are indeed great, but i feel 2 are enough and its time for something new. Or it could potentially start to feel been there done that. Despite liking galaxy 2 more than one, i lost interest in 2 a lot faster after playing 1 so much..

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I'd much rather get something new at this point. Galaxy 2 was masterful, but I think they already exhausted that gravity mechanic, at least in terms of providing truly surprising experiences. I want a new 3D Mario with a completely new twist, and I'd prefer it if it also was heavy in its exploration, like Mario 64.

Oh very intriguing. I honestly can't choose. A new Galaxy's would be amazing, a new 3D Mario would be amazing.

How about this. Ill be extremely excited for the next 3D Mario no matter which direction they go with it.

Well, you definitely don't fit Reggie's description of an insatiable gamer haha.
I'd much rather get something new at this point. Galaxy 2 was masterful, but I think they already exhausted that gravity mechanic, at least in terms of providing truly surprising experiences. I want a new 3D Mario with a completely new twist, and I'd prefer it if it also was heavy in its exploration, like Mario 64.
This is pretty much how I feel about the game. If Nintendo puts out a Galaxy 3, it wouldn't be able to score higher than previous versions because many of the gameplay concepts would have already been done.

AniGamer

TNE Clan Owner
Absolutely 100% both, but I feel like perhaps the Galaxy series may just be that series that "defined" the Wii within the Mario franchise. So a new 3D adventure may be nice, but give me some Mario Hoops, Mario Party, and Mario RPG first!

Koenig

The Architect
Give me a hub and hidden levels, and I won't care which. The "3D" Mario structure is basically the same across the board, the only defining difference is generally the power-ups and the mode of progression.

God... new! New! NEW! I don't even care if it's the same concept, I want something new even if it's only the name. The Sequelitis of last generation really didn't sit well with me, I don't really want Nintendo to really delve into the same route and give us the same generation as last generation. (Sometimes I feel like as time goes on, I hate this generation (Wii/PS3/360) more and more) People seem to point it out with Mario... but my GOD it especially stands out last generation where a sequel really just meant different story and multi-player modifications... Just... New... something new! (Never mind that it could scare off casuals because they may think they need to play/beat Galaxy 1 & 2 to enjoy 3 and thus end up never buying it)
I just feel like Galaxy 3 would be soo much of a let down (which is ironic considering it's some of the best games ever made) that people don't even know! I want a game designed to it's core around the WiiU not the Wii.

Something new, just no water packs please.
For the whole game? No, but I wouldn't mind it revisited as a power-up. Actually it'd be neat if Nintendo played the nostalgia angle up partly with this and made a bunch of old powers return. They could make it time Themed and have Mario Revisit games from his past with remade and expanded stages from all the main games and a few new stages as well. I don't know, I'm just curious to see this game I guess.

Something new, just no water packs please.
For the whole game? No, but I wouldn't mind it revisited as a power-up. Actually it'd be neat if Nintendo played the nostalgia angle up partly with this and made a bunch of old powers return. They could make it time Themed and have Mario Revisit games from his past with remade and expanded stages from all the main games and a few new stages as well. I don't know, I'm just curious to see this game I guess.
Perhaps a Sonic Generations type 3D Mario.
A 3D Mario Adventure dedicated to long time fans of the series? This could actual prove to be profitable for Nintendo because kids who aren't familiar with the references will want to gain equal knowledge as everyone else.

Yeah, I mean, I'm not saying we need to have "Classic" 2D stages and "Modern" 3D stages, but it'd just be really cool for example to see something like Super Mario 2, 3, or even Mario World's Dinosaur land re-imagined in 3D for a world or two. I don't want to work myself up too much with that idea to the point of where I'd expect it, but since Mario already conquered Space then why not Time?

Yeah, I mean, I'm not saying we need to have "Classic" 2D stages and "Modern" 3D stages, but it'd just be really cool for example to see something like Super Mario 2, 3, or even Mario World's Dinosaur land re-imagined in 3D for a world or two. I don't want to work myself up too much with that idea to the point of where I'd expect it, but since Mario already conquered Space then why not Time?

I tend to do that (the bold) a lot haha.
Maybe we could create list things Mario hasn't done or places he hasn't been and sort of see which would be the most interesting. (Even though I'd be happy with wherever Nintendo decides to go with 3D Mario)