Mario Kart 8 DLC Leaked: new Nintendo Characters, New Courses

81jono81

81jono81 submitted a new blog post

Mario Kart 8 DLC Leaked: new Nintendo Characters, New Courses

For some time, many have wanted non-Mario characters to make appearances in Mario Kart, or for Super Smash Kart to be a reality. Well, it now kind of is! Through DLC, Mario Kart 8 will be seeing several Nintendo characters showing up in the hit racer, from Link to the Villager.

Revealed through Nintendo's UK store, each Add On Content pack will "contain two new cups, each with four courses, which, in total, increases the number of available courses by 50 percent. The Add On Content packs...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I like how people are so against DLC until it comes for a Nintendo game.
People are generally against DLC because of how they're handled, like Day 1 DLC or On-Disc DLC. If it's done right, like here and with inFAMOUS: Second Son, no one's going to complain about it. It's not always quite so black and white, Paleselan

The Hylian Soldier have advance much indeed. From Horse to bird to a vehicle.
Also, the new reign of Villager's death stare is coming. Fear for you lives!

People are generally against DLC because of how they're handled, like Day 1 DLC or On-Disc DLC. If it's done right, like here and with inFAMOUS: Second Son, no one's going to complain about it. It's not always quite so black and white, Paleselan
Agree with this. For $12 you are getting an ENORMOUS amount of content. Plus Nintendo has been doing DLC, just not on key franchises. If it's done right, and not some dumb nonsense like a "clothing" mod or something, bring it on. Extend the game.

More precisely, DLC was planned for this game, the Mercedes-Benz cars. I remember how people were so against it, and making claims that they shouldn't see the cars online and how they corrupt the game (not from a technological standpoint). And they were even free. But allow Nintendo to put a few famous faces and extra courses in the game for a fee and people will gladly lighten their wallets for the content and echo praises for Nintendo. Those people haven't seen Link in a Mercedes-Benz, and when this DLC comes to the States, I will enjoy trolling random online players with such a setup.

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
You get a 30 dollar value for 12 bucks if you think of it this way:

16 Tracks = 60 Dollars
8 Tracks = 30 Dollars...oh wait...11.99! rEALLY OMGWTFBBQSAUCEROFLCOPTERLMAO!

Seriously, its a good deal not some frickin' suit for 5 bucks or a special sword for 10 dollars that you get only when you preorder from some Gamestop on the wrong side of the tracks.

If Link is in this game, I can only wonder how much cross-Nintendo content will be in The Legend of Zelda for Wii U. Who's to say it couldn't happen, since the Chain Chomp appeared in Link's Awakening and Hyrule Warriors, and remember Ravio's outfit is similar to Nabbit's in New Super Mario Bros. U.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I like how you are so anti-nintendo yet write for this site.
You don't have to toe the Nintendo party line to work for this site, in fact that would be disgusting if we did.

Furthermore, it would be gross if we wrote on some "pro- or anti-Nintendo" standard. When there are things to praise, they get praised, and when there are things to criticize, they get criticized. It's not a "pro or anti" situation.

Now I'm not taking a side with him or you here, I'm just questioning the idea that a writer should be "pro-nintendo", or try to not be seen as "anti-Nintendo" by people. Why can't he just be a pessimist?

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

@Laer_HeiSeiRyuu lately all this negativity has really been harshing my mellow man. Just like...coexist with those around you and be at ease man. Peace be with you.
Lol dude I havent slept for like a week.

But this mario kart 8 dlc is a god damn steal lol

Its 50% more game for 20% of the price. 12 fucking dollars gets you 16 new courses, 8 new vehicles, 6 new characters, and 18 skins for your Yoshi or ShyGuy ( by pre-buying the DLC lol)

And free mercedes benz DLC to boot lmao

http://giant.gfycat.com/BowedGregariousHydra.gif

Last edited:

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

You don't have to toe the Nintendo party line to work for this site, in fact that would be disgusting if we did.

Furthermore, it would be gross if we wrote on some "pro- or anti-Nintendo" standard. When there are things to praise, they get praised, and when there are things to criticize, they get criticized. It's not a "pro or anti" situation.

Now I'm not taking a side with him or you here, I'm just questioning the idea that a writer should be "pro-nintendo", or try to not be seen as "anti-Nintendo" by people. Why can't he just be a pessimist?
The requisite for writing this site is that you must have a brain that functions and functions well enough to do some critical thinking.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
The requisite for writing this site is that you must have a brain that functions and functions well enough to do some critical thinking.
Bro, please. Don't. I know how it feels to have the desire to just...be harsh and cold but don't man

Wanderlei is always like that.
I know that but it doesn't justify it. He needs to learn to control his temper

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Bro, please. Don't. I know how it feels to have the desire to just...be harsh and cold but don't man

I know that but it doesn't justify it. He needs to learn to control his temper
??? What That's the requisite for writing on the site. Whether you're a more of a skeptic like palesan or you rock it like shawn.

As for wanderlei. He probably reads too much shit on the internet and its getting to him. He needs to chill out for a bit

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
What? That's the requisite for writing on the site. Whether you're a more of a skeptic like palesan or you rock it like shawn.

As for wanderlei. He probably reads too much shit on the internet and its getting to him. He needs to chill out for a bit
Obviously and he does and to imply otherwise is rather insulting

Oh most definitely

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Imply what now?

Obviously he has a brain, which is why I asked him where he left it. There's no way he would have said that if he wasnt losing his mind lol

I mean seriously, its god damn 12$ DLC made as bonafide post release content. thats basically 50% of the current base game with 6 new characters and 8 more vehicles.

16 tracks yo. Hell if it was the 90's that would be a bonafide 20$ expansion pack lol

Aint nothing to dislike there,so making some passive-aggressive statement about hypocritical fans (who wouldnt be hypocritical at all for actively disliking crappy DLC) is extremely weird.

If you wanted to attempt that kind of argument you'd best pick Fire Emblem to do it.

Last edited: